Mika's Sister in Serious Accident

dcdeb

:Update:

from MIKASOUNDS: Posted on October 18th, 2010

Paloma

On behalf of my whole family, we would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and kindness over the past week. Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital.

She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and surgery to her abdomen. Although she is in a lot of pain, things are looking remarkably good considering what happened. Over the coming weeks Paloma will undergo more surgery and start her rehabilitation programme. Her recovery will be a long and difficult one but at this point in time there is no reason to believe that it won’t be a successful one.

Paloma and the whole family feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the Helicopter Response Unit, Doctors and Nurses of the Royal London for saving her life.

Every card, text message and bunch of flowers has been shown to Paloma. We are extremely grateful to you all for keeping Paloma in your thoughts and prayers

:Update:from Mika's facebook, myspace and Mikasounds on Monday, October 11

Late on Saturday night, Paloma sadly had a serious accident. She fell from a window and is now in hospital – she is in a critical but stable state. The family thanks everyone for their kindness but asks for privacy at this time.

Thank you.

:Update: 11:30 p.m. EST:

From Twitter: @ParezHilton : @MikaFanClub This is a miracle!!!! I am hearing that, unfortunately, it's true - but Paloma is stable and expected to recover. Thank God!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE sister of pop star Mika was critically ill last night after a 50ft fall from a window left her impaled on railings.

Stylist Paloma Penniman, 28, was believed to have been sitting on a ledge three floors up when she lost her balance and fell.

Both her legs were impaled - with one railing spike entering her abdomen.

Hysterical Mika called for help and medics raced to her home just after 5am in posh Kensington, West London.

It is believed firefighters had to cut a section of the railings and Paloma was taken to hospital with them still in her.

Last night Mika was said to be "utterly inconsolable" as the family kept a vigil at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, East London.

A close family friend said: "To say he's traumatised by this doesn't even come close.

"It's the stuff of nightmares. Paloma had surgery today on her abdomen and legs - but she is critically ill.

"Mika is out of his mind with worry.

"No one really knows what happened. One minute Paloma was sitting on the window-ledge, the next she had fallen on to the railings."

Paloma - who sang backing vocals on Mika's last album - had earlier been out to dinner with her brother. The horror accident happened after the close pair returned to her s****y townhouse.

Cops were not treating the incident as suspicious. A Met spokesman yesterday said: "Police were called to an address at 5.15 this morning, after reports a woman was impaled on railings after falling from a window."

A spokesman for Brit Award-winner Mika - who had a No1 hit with Grace Kelly - last night said: "Paloma had a serious accident.

"She is in a critical but stable state. The family have asked for privacy at this time."

Beirut-born Mika, 27 - real name Michael Penniman - has two other sisters and a brother.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3173735/Mika-sis-impaled-after-50ft-plunge.html#ixzz120MLJLe1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god O-O poor Paloma O_o gosh I don't know what to say except my thoughts and prayers are completely with her with Mika and his entire family I wish her a full and incredibly speedy recovery, I will pray for her to get better.

Gosh I so wish I could give them all my hugs and love :huglove: oh gosh that is really horrible I'm stunned and in shock O_o OMFG that is just so terrible

Get better soon Paloma love and many loving healing hugs xxxxxxx (((hugs))) Chantelle

Oh lordy, I'm shocked by this!

My heart and prayers go out to Mika and the rest of the family, and most of all Paloma. I hope she recovers fom this, it must have been horrific for her!

She seems like a lovely lady, the one time I met her, and this is such a shock to hear.

I can imagine it must have been terrible for Mika to have witnessed the accident, big hugs to him, and to all the family.

Such a horrible and surreal story to have read just before bed.

They refer to it being her house not his so I'm wondering whether he's moved out and was visiting the house (or staying over) and they were both upstairs chatting and he was upstairs when she fell or whether he's still in his flat and was down there when she fell?

Either way it must have been horrific to see...am keeping my fingers crossed that she's ok and hope that it doesn't scar Mika too much having witnessed it.

Archived