Future setlists?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SITM, definitely! Also Rain, Over My Shoulder, WAG. I wish he'd do Overrated (obviously :wink2:). And Satellite for cover :wub2:. And IF GK, then in French.

See, if it were up to me it'd be ladies-grab-your-tissues setlist :roftl:

And I wouldn't mind if

he attempted something else -- if he were to go back and do a proper

version of When Doves Cry, for example. I don't think he gave it enough

of a chance that one time he tried it.

Oh my God, that would be just marvelous, I think I'd do anything to hear him do this cover live! :wub2: Considering how "easy" it is nowadays to catch Prince on a gig and hear him sing his own song... :sneaky2: plus it would be a really classy addition to the setlist.

SITM, definitely! Also Rain, Over My Shoulder, WAG. I wish he'd do Overrated (obviously :wink2:). And Satellite for cover :wub2:. And IF GK, then in French.

See, if it were up to me it'd be ladies-grab-your-tissues setlist :roftl:

I love Satellite. Isn't Overrated one of those songs that must not be mentioned?

I do understand that poor Mika is fed-up with GK, but I think that's part of being a successful singer, when there is the hit song that made them famous, which becomes like a millstone in the end because they just HAVE to sing it every time.

I don't think he'll ever be able to NOT sing GK, but singing it in French would be a good idea, to make it a bit different.

I must admit, I like it when Mika sings the songs a bit different from the recording. Like the bit he added with Kick-Ass at the beginning, and the extra bit of WAG.

I don't think he'll get rid of BG, even though it's not really a favourite of mine. But it's become a tradition with the Big Girls on the stage.

I think the only thing we can really be certain of, with the next album, is that Mikaworld will just get bigger and better!

Isn't Overrated one of those songs that must not be mentioned?

Why? Because it was one of the demos that "accidentally" leaked on the internet?

In that case I'm gonna deny having downloaded it and listening to it almost every day :wink2:

I was thinking of this this summer :biggrin2: Thanks for opening that thread ! Well i hope he will keep Relax (of course :boxed:), BG, SITM, Happy ending, Grace Kelly, Love today, Any other world, Rain, WAG, Blame it on the girls :wub2:

(is that too much ? :naughty::biggrin2:)

Can't wait too see the next tour :teehee:

Oh, I didn't see this thread earlier! Thanks for opening it :thumb_yello: I would definitely want him to keep Relax, Love Today, Happy Ending, Any Other World, Rain and I see You. And I would LOVE to hear Ring Ring again :mf_lustslow: I also love Lady Jane, it's lovely for smaller gigs :wub2:

I would LOVE to hear Ring Ring again :mf_lustslow:

YES! How could I have left that off my list? :doh:

On behalf of Sariflor and myself (:wink2:), if he has to do a cover of anything, we would like it to be "Satellite" :naughty:

I agree that it would be fabulous to hear that live. He has to do it one

of these days, doesn't he? :blush-anim-cl:

On behalf of Sariflor and myself (:wink2:), if he has to do a cover of anything, we would like it to be "Satellite" :naughty:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I agree that it would be fabulous to hear that live. He has to do it one

of these days, doesn't he?

I so want to be there if that ever happens! It's the best cover he's ever done and its way better than the DMB's original. IMO.

How Much Do You Love Me, please! That song gives me chills every time.

+1!

Don't know why he hasn't put it on an album yet, but as he did put PUOTF (which I'd like to see him do more) on TBWKTM, there is still hope.

Also I'd like to see Holy Johnny back on, I loved singing along to that, especially the "Amen" bit:naughty:

I would hope he would sing more of the songs from the 3rd album, which he didn't do so much with the 2nd. But I would love him to sing By The Time live. I was lucky to hear it at Little Noise, but he's not done it anywhere else, and it's such a shame to hide away such a beautiful song.

And Loverboy, it's time he did that live, I love the honky tonk piano on it.

I would love to hear HMDYLM more as well. That song always makes my heart flutter!

For me, I would love to hear more of the second record the next time...cos I have only heard the songs performed live once so far. Would especially love to hear Lover Boy and GGG.

How Much Do You Love Me, please! That song gives me chills every time.

I would love to hear HMDYLM more as well. That song always makes my heart flutter!

Yes, I listened to this song today and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic.:wub2:

I would really love to hear a studio recorded version if it, all I have now is a couple of noisy ones I've converted from You Tube!:boxed:

Yes, I listened to this song today and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic.:wub2:

I would really love to hear a studio recorded version if it, all I have now is a couple of noisy ones I've converted from You Tube!:boxed:

Do you have the audio file from the Bologna gig in Oct 2007? It's still not great, but better than a YouTube rip. :dunno:

How unfair is it that Mika made TWO live DVDs and a proper live album and none of those included HMDYLM? :annoyed_h4h:

I'd be afraid to hear a studio version of HMDYLM. Depending on arrangements and production it could be really great... or it could be ruined. :aah:

WAG and Grace Kelly have to stay, the one that I remember best from the concert I was at was Love Today, so I'd be sad if that was no longer in the set list! I'd love to see By the time in, such a beautiful song! I see you, Billy Brown, Toy Boy, Good Gone Girl are the ones I'd like there :)

Do you have the audio file from the Bologna gig in Oct 2007? It's still not great, but better than a YouTube rip. :dunno:

How unfair is it that Mika made TWO live DVDs and a proper live album and none of those included HMDYLM? :annoyed_h4h:

I'd be afraid to hear a studio version of HMDYLM. Depending on arrangements and production it could be really great... or it could be ruined. :aah:

I wish he had recorded HMDYLM. It's such a beautiful song. I really miss it. But maybe he will do something with it. Maybe add to it like he did with I'm Falling/I See You, or like how he improved the arrangements of Rain and Loverboy.

I loved the version of Holy Johnny that is on the PDP vid. That version would be great on a cd. It sounds very Country-In-Western-ish. It's brilliant.

No I haven't!:blink:

How can I get my hands on that?:wink2:

Classics like Relax, Happy Ending, Stuck in the middle (I love love love the piano!)

Fromalbum no. 2 I would chose One Foot Boy, Touches You and I See You. I also like to hear Kick Ass live (oooh oooh oooh:teehee:)

Grace Kelly...hum...Still a brilliant song but as you wrote before, I think he doesn't sing it like he did back in 2007/2008. All those TV performances "killed" that song:aah:

I'm quoting myself now because I have to add something:

When I went for a walk with the dog today, I was in the mood to hear LICM again. The walk though that wet field let me rediscover the beautiness of Any Other World:wub2:

No I haven't!:blink:

How can I get my hands on that?:wink2:

I think there was a link at the bologna reports thread. I don't know if it still works though. If it doesn't I'm sure many people have it and will be able to re-upload it:thumb_yello:

Archived