Future setlists?

I'd also like to see Sweet Dreams again... as long as he dances like he did in Sydney in 2007 :das:... ooooh, and Ring Ring and Holy Johnny! I'd love to see them again (even though I know it probably won't happen).

:doh: I'd completely forgotten about Ring Ring and Holy Johnny

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like setlists *without* Billy Brown, Big Girl, the March of the dead, My interpretation, SITM. Even though I personally would be glad to see the end of GK and Lollipop, they are still crowd faves so I bet he will never be able to skip them.

Touches You and Kick Ass are amazing live, that needs to stay, and I think starting the whole show with Rain, like he did in Belfast at the start of the Imaginarium Tour, was fantastic. :fangurl:

I See You isn't always in the setlist, but i think it is a powerful live song, so hope he puts it back in next time.

I would be quite happy with Mika and his piano, without too much theatrical stuff, but he does love to put on a show, so I guess his enjoyment of that aspect will mean we will see more theatre stuff in future. But Mika, don't feel like you have to, we are quite happy without it:naughty:

I would be quite happy with Mika and his piano, without too much theatrical stuff, but he does love to put on a show, so I guess his enjoyment of that aspect will mean we will see more theatre stuff in future. But Mika, don't feel like you have to, we are quite happy without it:naughty:

It's funny, isn't it, that Mika puts so much into the visual aspect of his shows, but from the comments in this thread many fans just want to hear him singing.

I think that was why the Little Noise session was so good, that he was really concentrating on his singing. (And it still really annoys me that there was no professional recording of the whole show, because relatively few of us were lucky to be there:sneaky2:).

This a really nice question but it's really hard at the same time! :blink:

The first songs that come to my mind are WAG, Happy Ending, Love Today, Relax, Rain, Stuck In The Middle (I am completely in love with the live version that has the little piano solo at the beginning, haven't listened to the studio version in ages), and Lollipop, even though choosing this last one doesn't have much to do with the song itself, but maybe with the fact that somewhere in the back of my mind I still hope I'll get to be a LG someday.

I like Grace Kelly live as well but I kinda agree with Silver, I don't think Mika enjoys playing it as much now as he did in the past... :huh:

Also I wouldn't mind him taking out Big Girl and Dr John and perhaps including One Foot Boy and PUOTF would be a refreshing change in the setlist :naughty::wub2:

Thats a very interesting thread:biggrin2:

The must haves for me are: Rain, We Are Golden, Happy Ending, Any Other World, Love Today, Relax, Blame it on the Girls.

Also Toy Boy and Over My Shoulder:wub2:

If he does an acoustic tour again (which I really REALLY hope he does) i think I See You and Pick up off the Floor should definitely be on the setlist.

ACOUSTIC TOUR!! its my dream :wub2: hope he do it before releasing 3rd album this time too...like he did last year...and PUOTF should be there it sounds so amazing when he sing it in live:aah:

well my choice is..

1st : Relax, My interpretation, Love today, Happy Ending(it should be included FOREVER) . I don't care if GK or Lollipop out.

2st : Rain, Blue eyes, Good gone girl! ahh and KICK ASS!!

I don't care if he drops Touches you from the setlist. I love the lyrics but most people in Korea doesn't know what he is singing about becuz the song has too long complicated lyrics :naughty: when he sings that people seems to think about 'what???? :blink:" :mf_rosetinted:

and more than 10 3rd album songs!! :biggrin2:

Imagining the day unpacking the 3rd album....:blush-anim-cl:

I have to quote Silver because I share her views a lot on this:

Must haves: Rain, Touches You, Relax, Happy Ending, Blue Eyes, AOW.:wub2:

Ones I would really like him to do: Toy Boy, I See You, One Foot Boy, By The Time, PUOTF - in fact all the songs from TBWKTM that he should have been doing instead of the old LICM stuff.

I don't care if he misses out BB, Lollipop, SITM, GGG, BG and even - dare I say it - Grace Kelly. He performs it out of duty I think but his heart hasn't been in it for ages.

Totally agree on these. And YES to the "doing it without his heart in it" comment.

He sings GK quite fast and with no feeling these days - just getting it out of the way. But he seems to enjoy Kick Ass and WAG :naughty:

Exactly.

And *I* also really enjoy WAG and Kick Ass so I hope that he keeps doing them for a very long time.

But I dream about an acoustic gig with slow songs: Over my shoulder, Lonely Alcoolic, Lady Jane, PUOTF, AOW, I see you, Toy boy, Blue eyes...

Only Mika and his piano:wub2:.. and me :naughty:

Oh yes please :wub2:. I loved his acoustic tour, but i must admit that I would have prefered it to be properly acoustic, as in, with less fanfare and less instruments, noise, show, etc....

Can stay: Rain, touches you, dr. john, happy ending, relax

Out with: GK, GGG, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown, SITM, lollipop, toy boy

In with: Pick up off the floor, one foot boy

Don't care about: big girl, love today, WAG, I see you

Conclusion, out with most of the old, please bring the "new" stuff, thank you :pinkbow:

Must haves: Happy Ending, Relax, Billy Brown or Stuck in The Middle, Lollipop or Big Girl, Blue Eyes, Toy Boy plus Grace Kelly, obviously.

:doh: It actually reveals that in my opinion, songs from LICM are stronger live than the ones from the second album. And I honestly chose these based on which ones I remembered sounded best live...(although I did not include Over My Shoulder - I know that one is not for mass taste).

In any case, I'd like him to consider including By The Time in the setlist for some special gigs.:wub2:

Actually, I'd like a short acoustic tour with the King's Singers.:blush-anim-cl:

I don't think it's that the LICM songs are stronger live, I think the problem with some of the ones from 'Boy' are that they are more layered on the cd, and Mika can struggle with the arrangement on stage when he tries to replicate the sound. When Mika tried (briefly) to add OFB to the setlist, he struggled because it is in more than one part and he couldn't sing everything at once. But he could get around that if he wanted to use OFB, by letting his backers take some of the layers and just sing one part of it himself.

I love OFB and would love him to sing it.

I think he would be bound to keep his singles in the setlist, which would be GK Relax, LT, HE, WAG, BG, Rain and BIOTG, although the last two were not hits everywhere, so maybe he'd leave them out. I could do without hearing BB, but I love Doctor John. I could also do without Lollipop now. I think WAG would make a brilliant ending to his set.

I also think it would be lovely to have another accustic tour, with some of the slower songs and I would love to hear Lady Jane and Pick Up in the set list and I love OMS

Realistically speaking, when he tours with the new album he shouldn't have more than 3-4 songs per album from the first two albums, so there is no point in making long lists. Likely, he will include more songs from the first album than the second as it simply had more hits - and I do dare to say, better songs.

You can easily change arrangements to songs, like he did it to the songs from LICM (SITM, Lollipop, HE..etc) with this tour and the way he plays Toy Boy is also completely different from the album version. The better the song the more you can bring out of it with different arrangements - in my opinion, anyway. LICM songs are a fine example of that but I also liked how he was playing with GGG on the tour.

... Stuck In The Middle (I am completely in love with the live version that has the little piano solo at the beginning, haven't listened to the studio version in ages)

I couldn't agree more petra...cd version of SITM has become a bit :aah: ever since i heard it live...it's amazing what the man has done with this song...took it to another level :wink2:

so for me LT, SITM, BG, RELAX should definitely stay...from the second album i could live without BIOTG...would love to hear live Lonely Alcoholic, Loverboy,You made me...and yes...a gig would probably have to last kind of ...3 hours :biggrin2::naughty:

Stuck In The Middle (I am completely in love with the live version that has the little piano solo at the beginning

I think that's based on a Bach theme, actually :teehee:

Out with: GK, GGG, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown, SITM, lollipop, toy boy

:tears: that sounds soo cruel... I want at least 4 of these in - he can choose which ones.:pinkbow:

Realistically speaking, when he tours with the new album he shouldn't have more than 3-4 songs per album from the first two albums, so there is no point in making long lists. Likely, he will include more songs from the first album than the second as it simply had more hits - and I do dare to say, better songs.

You can easily change arrangements to songs, like he did it to the songs from LICM (SITM, Lollipop, HE..etc) with this tour and the way he plays Toy Boy is also completely different from the album version. The better the song the more you can bring out of it with different arrangements - in my opinion, anyway. LICM songs are a fine example of that but I also liked how he was playing with GGG on the tour.

Personally I don't know enough about music to be able to decide whether this is a fact or not but you're not the only one who has said that.

I've heard it from Swedish fans when I ask them why they are not so into Mika like they used to be.:blink:

It scares me a little...what about the coming album...I'm worried.

My taste in music is probably very simple, I'm not kidding :blush-anim-cl: and I definitely have a bunch of favourites from the second album.:teehee:

I definitely have a bunch of favourites from the second album.:teehee:

so do I. I love By the Time, Toy Boy (even though I prefer the concert version), Pick Up off the Floor, Blue Eyes, One Foot Boy..etc., I just think that the first album worked better as a whole, and the individual songs on it were more unique.

But that's just my opinion and it doesn't mean I didn't like the second one,.:teehee:

I think that's based on a Bach theme, actually :teehee:

:tears: that sounds soo cruel... I want at least 4 of these in - he can choose which ones.:pinkbow:

Haha:roftl: Oh well, don't worry, this is how it would be perfect for me, that and of course all the new songs of the third album :teehee: I don't know, I find it such a shame that I didn't hear some songs live from the 2nd album :no: So yes, in my ideal world it would be like that but I have no illusions that this is being realistic :pinkbow:

Hmm... I guess my IDEAL set would lean more toward what Mika was

doing with his so-called "acoustic" tour...

So along with everything brand new from the third album,

I would love to have him include Happy Ending, Blue Eyes, Toy Boy,

I See You, One Foot Boy, Over My Shoulder, By The Time, Lonely

Alcoholic, Good Gone Girl, PUOTF :wub2: and even, believe it or not,

Lady Jane.

In other words, I want a three-hour show. :naughty:

At this point, I could live without Billy Brown, Lollipop, Big Girl, Any Other

World, Dr. John, and even Relax.

I would really miss Grace Kelly if he were to omit it -- it's the song that

brought me to Mika, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

As for covers, I'm totally over Sweet Dreams, but I suppose there's a

time and place for them. And I wouldn't mind if

he attempted something else -- if he were to go back and do a proper

version of When Doves Cry, for example. I don't think he gave it enough

of a chance that one time he tried it. Or if he would do Just Can't Get

Enough by Depeche Mode again... :blush-anim-cl:

He sings GK quite fast and with no feeling these days - just getting it out of the way. But he seems to enjoy Kick Ass and WAG :naughty:

I remember him saying in the Parc des Princes DVD that he was tired to sing GK and hoped not to have to sing it again in few years.

Can you imagine how many times the poor boy has sung it since July 2008?? :naughty:

That's maybe why he's doing it now without his heart...:blink:

I couldn't agree more petra...cd version of SITM has become a bit :aah: ever since i heard it live...it's amazing what the man has done with this song...took it to another level :wink2:

+ 1 :thumb_yello:

I fall in love of SITM with the 2009 live version...:wub2:

He made it absolutely powerful.. and same thing for Rain :mf_lustslow:

Archived