Future setlists?

Now that Mika's almost done his massive Imaginarium Tour, I was thinking ahead to the future when he's on tour again with the third album. And so I was thinking... once he has another whole album full of new material to perform, which songs from LICM and TBWKTM do you hope he keeps in his setlist?

For me the must-haves are Happy Ending, Relax, Love Today, SITM, Rain, Blue Eyes, and (fingers crossed) One Foot Boy. And if I were to choose between Any Other World and I See You I'd pick Any Other World. To be honest I'm kinda "over" Dr. John and Billy Brown, and wouldn't be heartbroken if he took them out of the setlist.

And you? :biggrin2:

EDIT: And We Are Golden! How could I forget it? I'd sacrifice...hmm... Love Today for We Are Golden. :teehee:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must haves: Happy Ending, Relax, Billy Brown or Stuck in The Middle, Lollipop or Big Girl, Blue Eyes, Toy Boy plus Grace Kelly, obviously.

:doh: It actually reveals that in my opinion, songs from LICM are stronger live than the ones from the second album. And I honestly chose these based on which ones I remembered sounded best live...(although I did not include Over My Shoulder - I know that one is not for mass taste).

In any case, I'd like him to consider including By The Time in the setlist for some special gigs.:wub2:

Actually, I'd like a short acoustic tour with the King's Singers.:blush-anim-cl:

Nice thread:thumb_yello:

I would love to hear Lonely Alcoholic someday :wub2:. Maybe more slow songs like "Pick Up Off The Floor"which he did it at his gig last year. I wasn't sure how PUOTF would sound live, but it was really beautiful and I was completely mesmerized!!

I would definitely like for him to keep Relax, Love Today, Lollipop and Any Other World and Grace Kelly from LICM, and Blame It On The Girls, Good Gone Girl (preferably with the Opera intro!), Touches You and Toy Boy from TBWKTM.

Okay, is that asking for too much?:biggrin2:

ahhh :fangurl:

Because i fell in love with his music when i first heard Grace Kelly, this song is very special to me. it's a "must keep" :wub2:

Besides that, i'd like him to keep LT, Relax, WAG (cus this one is great in concert, i like it even more then on the cd!), AOW, HE, Rain, Blue eyes :swoon:, Touches you

Since i never heard him sing GGG & KA live, i would love for him to keep it also.

i'm done with BG & BB though :teehee:

edit: i'd also like to hear BIOTG

Must haves: Happy Ending, Relax, Billy Brown, Toy Boy, Lollipop or Big Girl plus Grace Kelly, obviously.

:doh: It actually reveals that in my opinion, songs from LICM are stronger live than the ones from the second album. And I honestly chose these based on which ones I remembered sounded best live...(although I did not include Over My Shoulder - I know that one is not for mass taste).

In any case, I'd like him to consider including By The Time in the setlist for some special gigs.:wub2:

Actually, I'd like a short acoustic tour with the King's Singers.:blush-anim-cl:

oh yes!!! By the time!!! :swoon:

and yes to the King's Singers!

ahhh :fangurl:

Because i fell in love with his music when i first heard Grace Kelly, this song is very special to me. it's a "must keep" :wub2:

Besides that, i'd like him to keep LT, Relax, WAG (cus this one is great in concert, i like it even more then on the cd!), AOW, HE, Rain, Blue eyes :swoon:, Touches you

Since i never heard him sing GGG & KA live, i would love for him to keep it also.

i'm done with BG & BB though :teehee:

edit: i'd also like to hear BIOTG

I know exactly what you mean:fangurl:

Grace Kelly, We Are Golden, Rain, Big Girl, Happy Ending, Lollipop and Relax :wub2:

And I'd love him to do Erase or Satellite :teehee:

Geez, I think the new gigs are going to last HOURS :aah: ......... :thumb_yello:

I wouldn't be complaining :fangurl:

He HAS to do GK. He even said it himself on LiveICM "Do you think there'll ever come a day where I can NOT sing Grace Kelly?"

I think love today, Rain, Blame and possibly BG will be likely to get kept but if I could choose what I personally wanted I'd say LT, stuck in the middle, lollipop, happy ending and relax from LICM and WAG, rain, PUOTF and touches you from TBWKTM.

TB for SFS but they're not terribly strong IMO.

Please no more AOW and I've heard KA live and I'm not such a fan. I don't like how it sounds live at all :no:

AAAAND I agree with having lots of visual stuff but I don't think we can always have the same visual stuff for lollipop etc because he has to allow for budget to do new stuff. I love when he does new and unexpected things. I love that so much!

That's strange I was thinking about this just a few days ago!

I think he'll keep Grace Kelly, LT, Relax, Big Girl, Happy Ending, Billy Brown, WAG, BIOTG, Rain, another song from TBWKTM (Blue Eyes?). That would be around 10 songs from his previous albums (just like he did with LICM during this last tour), and the rest for his new one.. :dunno:

That setlist would suit me well, except I'd love to keep SITM and to hear Kick Ass live.

I'm with you there :thumb_yello:

Must haves: Rain, Touches You, Relax, Happy Ending, Blue Eyes, AOW.:wub2:

Ones I would really like him to do: Toy Boy, I See You, One Foot Boy, By The Time, PUOTF - in fact all the songs from TBWKTM that he should have been doing instead of the old LICM stuff.

I don't care if he misses out BB, Lollipop, SITM, GGG, BG and even - dare I say it - Grace Kelly. He performs it out of duty I think but his heart hasn't been in it for ages.

I'll have to come back when I've got more time- but I'd be very disappointed if he missed out BB. I'm not convinced he only sings GK out of duty either. But I'd like to see more of TheBoy and less LICM generally

He sings GK quite fast and with no feeling these days - just getting it out of the way. But he seems to enjoy Kick Ass and WAG :naughty:

Classics like Relax, Happy Ending, Stuck in the middle (I love love love the piano!)

Fromalbum no. 2 I would chose One Foot Boy, Touches You and I See You. I also like to hear Kick Ass live (oooh oooh oooh:teehee:)

Grace Kelly...hum...Still a brilliant song but as you wrote before, I think he doesn't sing it like he did back in 2007/2008. All those TV performances "killed" that song:aah:

Relax and Rain must stay!:thumb_yello:

Maybe Toy Boy, I can't help it but I think the little performance with the doll was so sweet!:wub2:

Dr John, BIOTG of course...I really like the rhythm on that one...

Oh and I almost forgot SITM :biggrin2: he can never loose that one, and he can develop and play around with as much as he likes, I'll never get tired what ever he does to it!:swoon:

According with what he said in the last interviews, we can expect his dancing songs

Classic ones from LICM: Grace Kelly, Relax, Big girl, Love Today, SITM, Billy Brown + Happy Ending ..

From TBWNTM: Rain (so powerful in live), WAG, BIOTG, Touches you,..

I really hope Kick Ass also

But I dream about an acoustic gig with slow songs: Over my shoulder, Lonely Alcoolic, Lady Jane, PUOTF, AOW, I see you, Toy boy, Blue eyes...

Only Mika and his piano:wub2:.. and me :naughty:

Now that Mika's almost done his massive Imaginarium Tour, I was thinking ahead to the future when he's on tour again with the third album. And so I was thinking... once he has another whole album full of new material to perform, which songs from LICM and TBWKTM do you hope he keeps in his setlist?

For me the must-haves are Happy Ending, Relax, Love Today, SITM, Rain, Blue Eyes, and (fingers crossed) One Foot Boy. And if I were to choose between Any Other World and I See You I'd pick Any Other World. To be honest I'm kinda "over" Dr. John and Billy Brown, and wouldn't be heartbroken if he took them out of the setlist.

And you? :biggrin2:

Ooooh, I like this!

The must haves are:

From LICM: LT, GK and Lollipop...

And from TBWKTM, I'd have Rain, BIOTG, WAG, Touches You, and KA (only cause I've never seen it live)...

The ones I'd like to have, but wouldn't be too upset about missing are: HE, PUOTF and Blue Eyes.

I don't think I'd be too upset about not seeing BG and SITM, but then again I might... If I had to choose between the two I'd choose BG because I like it better than SITM.

I'd also like to see Sweet Dreams again... as long as he dances like he did in Sydney in 2007 :das:... ooooh, and Ring Ring and Holy Johnny! I'd love to see them again (even though I know it probably won't happen).

The others (like AOW, BB and DJ) I don't really care about...

Thats a very interesting thread:biggrin2:

The must haves for me are: Rain, We Are Golden, Happy Ending, Any Other World, Love Today, Relax, Blame it on the Girls.

Also Toy Boy and Over My Shoulder:wub2:

If he does an acoustic tour again (which I really REALLY hope he does) i think I See You and Pick up off the Floor should definitely be on the setlist.

Archived