Festa das Lata in Coimbra, Portugal - Oct. 25, 2010 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God i´m so tired. I go to bed at 4:00 and wake up at 8 to go to work. My legs hurt, my back, my ears, but I am very happy, It´s so good see him again. :biggrin2:

I´m also very angry because the security did´t let me take videos with my camera. :sneaky2:

Voice is gone, and thanks to my lovely neighbour's construction work, I only slept 3 hours... But since I'm already awake, I just want to make a quick report, before I dive into my RL stuff! Pics and detailed report in 2 or 3 days, sorry!

First, I'm sorry I didn't tweet much, but my phone battery was almost dead, and I needed to save it! :naughty:

Mika's smile yesterday made me forget how tired and cold I was. For real. He seemed like a little kid, joking around with all the band members, from the beginning! :wub2: At some point I was fangurling so much I almost forgot where I was... LOL

The audience was 90% university students, who had no idea of what happened to Paloma and all, but for us, fans, it meant the world to see him so happy on stage.

My "iMMa rocks" banner was a success :aah: and I really appreciated all the interaction between iMMa and Jimmy and us at the front row. Just like in Vigo, it made it all so much better! :wub2:

All in all, it was a great evening! :wub2:

The "after-gig"...I won't say much about that, I just wish it would have been organized, cause Mika came to sign stuff, but not everyone got the chance to have an autograph or just say "hi" to Mika... In fact, people who had never talked to him...stayed like that. Whatever, I really don't want to make a big deal out of it, I prefer to focus on how happy Mika was on stage and how great the gig was, despite the ****ty organization and the not-so-good sound. :wink2:

Loved meeting everyone, I just didn't have the chance to say goodbye to all of you (sorry) ...things got a bit chaotic after the gig. But thanks for coming! :thumb_yello:

Sephira, thanks for the balloons (I ended up giving mine to the two little girls who were next to me, they wanted to have something to surprise Mika too) but it worked great. :wink2:

=====================

I just want to add something... when we said before that this gig was not a "normal" one, that there was no need to queue early in the morning, etc etc, we were serious.

It was not our intention to get there before everyone else, if that was what people thought (if we wanted that, our girls from Coimbra would have been there starting the list at 5 am, when they left the party the day before...) :blink:.This is not a competition. We were just trying to make things easier for everyone. :dunno: It's nothing personal, it's just how it works around here...

:huglove:

:huglove:

Voice is gone, and thanks to my lovely neighbour's construction work, I only slept 3 hours... But since I'm already awake, I just want to make a quick report, before I dive into my RL stuff! Pics and detailed report in 2 or 3 days, sorry!

First, I'm sorry I didn't tweet much, but my phone battery was almost dead, and I needed to save it! :naughty:

Mika's smile yesterday made me forget how tired and cold I was. For real. He seemed like a little kid, joking around with all the band members, from the beginning! :wub2: At some point I was fangurling so much I almost forgot where I was... LOL

The audience was 90% university students, who had no idea of what happened to Paloma and all, but for us, fans, it meant the world to see him so happy on stageMy "iMMa rocks" banner was a success :aah: and I really appreciated all the interaction between iMMa and Jimmy and us at the front row. Just like in Vigo, it made it all so much better! :wub2:

All in all, it was a great evening! :wub2:

The "after-gig"...I won't say much about that, I just wish it would have been organized, cause Mika came to sign stuff, but not everyone got the chance to have an autograph or just say "hi" to Mika... In fact, people who had never talked to him...stayed like that. Whatever, I really don't want to make a big deal out of it, I prefer to focus on how happy Mika was on stage and how great the gig was, despite the ****ty organization and the not-so-good sound. :wink2:

Loved meeting everyone, I just didn't have the chance to say goodbye to all of you (sorry) ...things got a bit chaotic after the gig. But thanks for coming! :thumb_yello:

Sephira, thanks for the balloons (I ended up giving mine to the two little girls who were next to me, they wanted to have something to surprise Mika too) but it worked great. :wink2:

=====================

I just want to add something... when we said before that this gig was not a "normal" one, that there was no need to queue early in the morning, etc etc, we were serious.

It was not our intention to get there before everyone else, if that was what people thought (if we wanted that, our girls from Coimbra would have been there starting the list at 5 am, when they left the party the day before...) :blink:.This is not a competition. We were just trying to make things easier for everyone. :dunno: It's nothing personal, it's just how it works around here...

Thank you Mary for your report and don't worry for your pics,we'll wait for them :huglove:

so glad to read he seemed happy... just reading that lit up my day already.

:wub2::wub2:

:wub2:

I hope someone caught his smile on a pic! (mine are a bit blurry! LOL)

It was "that" smile! That "I'm really enjoying every bit of this" smile! :wub2:

awww his smile:wub2::wub2:

can't wait to see pics (he's got the most gorgeous smile i've ever seen:blush-anim-cl::wub2:)

I totally understand what smile your talking about:wub2: I really hope we get to see pics of it too

Oh, that smile :wub2: Can't wait to see pics :wub2:

Thanks girls for your first impressions. It seemed to be a great gig :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

Hope there weren't too much troubles with the queue :blink:... I really wish that something could be "officially" done for the queuing and that everybody respect that... Yes, I believe in tales ! :teehee:

Moreover, the gig was very late, the queue must have been soooooo long and people tired

The audience was 90% university students, who had no idea of what happened to Paloma and all, but for us, fans, it meant the world to see him so happy on stage.

Thank you for the lovely report, Mary. It's great to hear that, after nearly cancelling these gigs (if he was close to cancelling Tunis, I guess Portugal would have suffered the same fate) , he has felt that things were good and stable enough to carry on. The fact that the gig went ahead alone was a great sign, but you saying that he was so smiley and happy is a fantastic bonus :wub2:.

What you say about the students not having a clue of what was going on is so true :roftl:. We're so used to all his strange on-stage shenanigans that we forget how unusual they are, and how bizarre they must seem to the "unMikatrained" eye :naughty:. I still remember my mum's face when I took them to the Barcelona gig; She kept looking and smiling in wonderment at what was happening on the stage. It was hilarious to watch.

It's great to hear that you all had a great gig! Thanks for taking the time to write something so soon even though you warned that you wouldn't be able to.

My "iMMa rocks" banner was a success :aah: and I really appreciated all the interaction between iMMa and Jimmy and us at the front row. Just like in Vigo, it made it all so much better! :wub2:

The day that team JiMMa are gone from the Mika crew will be a sad, sad day. I'm not trying to diss anyone, but I strongly feel that iMMa and Jimmy have been an incredible asset to Mika's band, and have no doubt been the best backing singer and bass player that he's ever had. They are great by themselves, super nice and talented both (especially iMMa-her voice is just unbelievable!) and also, they work absolutely amazingly as a team. It's a win-win situation no matter how you look at it.

:blink: Why, what happened? Was it very chaotic? Who was taking care of it all?

Things always seem to go to pot when John is not around :dunno: This man is like a "Mika gig staple", and unfortunately nobody seems capable of filling his shoes when he's not there :naughty:.

Well said. And let me add: how it should work everywhere. This "stupid 'clock queuing" concept is just ridiculous, and we all end up being victims of it, and caught up in the stupidity of it all.

Oh, that smile :wub2: Can't wait to see pics :wub2:

Thanks girls for your first impressions. It seemed to be a great gig :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

Hope there weren't too much troubles with the queue :blink:... I really wish that something could be "officially" done for the queuing and that everybody respect that... Yes, I believe in tales ! :teehee:

Moreover, the gig was very late, the queue must have been soooooo long and people tired

Exactly! Doors opened at 10.30 pm, ffs!

We said that the general audience would arrive after 5 pm, because WE KNOW HOW IT IS. Ask anyone there, at 7pm or so, there were only MFCers and a couple more people there. Like 50 people, no more.

What's the point in going early in the morning? :dunno: It can be "useful" in France, UK, etc., I kinda understand that. But not here. :wink2:

But I wouldn't say there were trouble. Not among us, that is. Organization found it a bit too difficult to deal with the list thing. :naughty:

My "iMMa rocks" banner was a success :aah: and I really appreciated all the interaction between iMMa and Jimmy and us at the front row. Just like in Vigo, it made it all so much better!

All in all, it was a great evening!

=====================

Thanks so much for your report Mary :flowers2::huglove:

I'm so happy hearing he really enjoyed to be on stage :fangurl:

After the bad things of the last weeks, it's probably a good thing for him :wub2:

Thank you for the lovely report, Mary. It's great to hear that, after nearly cancelling these gigs (if he was close to cancelling Tunis, I guess Portugal would have suffered the same fate) , he has felt that things were good and stable enough to carry on. The fact that the gig went ahead alone was a great sign, but you saying that he was so smiley and happy is a fantastic bonus :wub2:.

What you say about the students not having a clue of what was going on is so true :roftl:. We're so used to all his strange on-stage shenanigans that we forget how unusual they are, and how bizarre they must seem to the "unMikatrained" eye :naughty:. I still remember my mum's face when I took them to the Barcelona gig; She kept looking and smiling in wonderment at what was happening on the stage. It was hilarious to watch.

It's great to hear that you all had a great gig! Thanks for taking the time to write something so soon even though you warned that you wouldn't be able to.

The day that team JiMMa are gone from the Mika crew will be a sad, sad day. I'm not trying to diss anyone, but I strongly feel that iMMa and Jimmy have been an incredible asset to Mika's band, and have no doubt been the best backing singer and bass player that he's ever had. They are great by themselves, super nice and talented both (especially iMMa-her voice is just unbelievable!) and also, they work absolutely amazingly as a team. It's a win-win situation no matter how you look at it.

:blink: Why, what happened? Was it very chaotic? Who was taking care of it all?

Things always seem to go to pot when John is not around :dunno: This man is like a "Mika gig staple", and unfortunately nobody seems capable of filling his shoes when he's not there :naughty:.

Well said. And let me add: how it should work everywhere. This "stupid 'clock queuing" concept is just ridiculous, and we all end up being victims of it, and caught up in the stupidity of it all.

About the M&G, Mika came to say "hi" basically, but as there was no line, and people who got autographs stayed there in front of Mika, us in the back basically didn't even see the guy. Well, I saw his hair, I guess that counts... LOL

The fact that everyone started screaming their heads off when he appeared didn't help, cause other people who had no idea what was going on there joined the crowd too, and pushed, etc. It's not rocket science, it would have been better to keep quiet, but whatever. :naughty:

Well, I had my "Mika-moments" and I didn't exactly NEED another one, but I had some stuff for him to sign (was going to try to ask for Mika to sign something to Wonka), etc and I came home empty handed. :huh: Lots of other people did too. But ok, we'll have other opportunities.

The queue issue is something I'll never understand, but maybe that's just me. If we had been there at 3pm (too early for the kind of event this was, but still) we would have done the list in the exact same way, we would have had a good rest, time to enjoy the city, etc etc, and would have stayed in the exact same places inside.

We warned it would be like that, but apparently that's not enough... I can't do more that this, really! :naughty: I ended up being there at 11 am to get a number, but it was a sacrifice I wasn't expecting to go through. When the gig started my knees and back were killing me, I was cold and my voice was almost gone. :boxed:

And team JiMMa...completely agree with all you said! God, I love them! :wub2:

Why, what happened? Was it very chaotic? Who was taking care of it all?

Things always seem to go to pot when John is not around :dunno: This man is like a "Mika gig staple", and unfortunately nobody seems capable of filling his shoes when he's not there .

So true !! Ah John !! :fangurl: He is so professional and so kind to us :wub2: And really patient ! I remember I was dealing the queue thing with him in the Nantes gig and he was a really nice man. Exactly like he is with the LG and BG !

Can't be more agree :blink: And if nothing is done, it's gonna be worst and worst. This summer gigs "clock queuing system" was worst than the spring gigs in France which were worst than the previous gigs... People arrive earlier and earlier... :aah: that's crazy.

Exactly! Doors opened at 10.30 pm, ffs!

We said that the general audience would arrive after 5 pm, because WE KNOW HOW IT IS. Ask anyone there, at 7pm or so, there were only MFCers and a couple more people there. Like 50 people, no more.

What's the point in going early in the morning? :dunno: It can be "useful" in France, UK, etc., I kinda understand that. But not here.

But I wouldn't say there were trouble. Not among us, that is. Organization found it a bit too difficult to deal with the list thing.

Indeed :aah:

You know, it's not "useful" even in France :naughty: Because the worst thing in all that is that "we" impose that to ourselves because the people who arrive to insane time are fans from the fan clubs... we could avoid that altogether :blush-anim-cl:

And in France, even for festivals people arrived sooooo early. For the Vieilles Charrues, I know people move all day and don't stay stuck on the barreers because they come for many artists. I arrived at 4.30 (PM :naughty:) and was front row :wink2:

And for the list, I can immagine it was difficult if John was not there... It did work anyway ? But what matters is that you had a great gig :wub2:

About the M&G, Mika came to say "hi" basically, but as there was no line, and people who got autographs stayed there in front of Mika, us in the back basically didn't even see the guy. Well, I saw his hair, I guess that counts... LOL

The fact that everyone started screaming their heads off when he appeared didn't help, cause other people who had no idea what was going on there joined the crowd too, and pushed, etc. It's not rocket science, it would have been better to keep quiet, but whatever. :naughty:

Well, I had my "Mika-moments" and I didn't exactly NEED another one, but I had some stuff for him to sign (was going to try to ask for Mika to sign something to Wonka), etc and I came home empty handed. :huh: Lots of other people did too. But ok, we'll have other opportunities.

The queue issue is something I'll never understand, but maybe that's just me. If we had been there at 3pm (too early for the kind of event this was, but still) we would have done the list in the exact same way, we would have had a good rest, time to enjoy the city, etc etc, and would have stayed in the exact same places inside.

We warned it would be like that, but apparently that's not enough... I can't do more that this, really! :naughty: I ended up being there at 11 am to get a number, but it was a sacrifice I wasn't expecting to go through. When the gig started my knees and back were killing me, I was cold and my voice was almost gone. :boxed:

And team JiMMa...completely agree with all you said! God, I love them! :wub2:

that could be one of the most important things!!! :naughty:and i´m not talking about da man getting bald again.....

you are right about the queue and the numbers.... i don´t remember the time but marian told me they had arrived "late" and still she had number 39... i think they arrived almots at midday... so... it´s a nonsense to go that early...

the things are different in spain.. i remember my first gig in madrid,i was told to arrive ASAP and i arrived at 9 in the morning (and i thought it was too early) and i got number 53 (they only gave 60 numbers there). but i remember how was the queue in lisbon,and i remember at almost 7 pm,when john came and he saw there were only 40 numbers,the man was :boxed: !!! and then we all were trying to give numbers to people who was there :roftl: and people were like "no way,i don´t want a number.... what for??" :floor:

different countries have different queues and the most inteligent would be listen to the people of that country. we have representative for these kind of things.

So true !! Ah John !! :fangurl: He is so professional and so kind to us :wub2: And really patient ! I remember I was dealing the queue thing with him in the Nantes gig and he was a really nice man. Exactly like he is with the LG and BG !

Can't be more agree :blink: And if nothing is done, it's gonna be worst and worst. This summer gigs "clock queuing system" was worst than the spring gigs in France which were worst than the previous gigs... People arrive earlier and earlier... :aah: that's crazy.

Indeed

You know, it's not "useful" even in France :naughty: Because the worst thing in all that is that "we" impose that to ourselves because the people who arrive to insane time are fans from the fan clubs... we could avoid that altogether :blush-anim-cl:

And in France, even for festivals people arrived sooooo early. For the Vieilles Charrues, I know people move all day and don't stay stuck on the barreers because they come for many artists. I arrived at 4.30 (PM :naughty:) and was front row :wink2:

And for the list, I can immagine it was difficult if John was not there... It did work anyway ? But what matters is that you had a great gig

When I say "useful" I mean that in those places, the number of fanclub members is much bigger, and there would be "normal" for people to go there early (not a 6am, tho!) :naughty:

And to be honest, I'm still waiting on the comments of people who saw us enter the place earlier because of the numbers, and were looking at us like "WTF???". :naughty:

Joooooooohn, don't do this to us again! We need you! :lmfao:

OMG easy tiger,so the toy boy was not there :dunno: so he killed the all band cause jimmy "stole" his hat and then he killed the all band :roftl: and da boy said to cherisse "cant you just ****in died? just ****in died" he danced like a crazy monkey sorry boss but its true...

let me see... oh he had real dustbins.... literally :roftl:

he sang wag grace kelly happy ending stuck in the middle KICK ASS billy brown rain blame it on the girls relax and blue eyes

First, I'm sorry I didn't tweet much, but my phone battery was almost dead, and I needed to save it!

Mika's smile yesterday made me forget how tired and cold I was. For real. He seemed like a little kid, joking around with all the band members, from the beginning! At some point I was fangurling so much I almost forgot where I was... LOL

My "iMMa rocks" banner was a success :aah: and I really appreciated all the interaction between iMMa and Jimmy and us at the front row. Just like in Vigo, it made it all so much better!

All in all, it was a great evening!

Sephira, thanks for the balloons (I ended up giving mine to the two little girls who were next to me, they wanted to have something to surprise Mika too) but it worked great.

=====================

Thanks for your lovely reports girls!!! :huglove: It feels like being there again!...Happy memories :wub2:

I don't see the point of queuing so early either :thumb_yello: I don't like competitions :sneaky2: I wouldn't be able to queue for days to get a Tokio Hotel ticket as a friend of mine did. It's insane. Nothing feels better than starting a relaxed queue a few hours before the show. No rushes. No pushing. Keeping all your energy for the moment the music starts playing on stage!

Yes, he's just the best :biggrin2:. Always keeps his cool, no matter how chaotic things are, and just makes everything work well and look like it was seamless.

As a friend of mine says: "like the swan that looks graceful on the outside, but is paddling furiously under the water".

I love that analogy.

Can't be more agree :blink: And if nothing is done, it's gonna be worst and worst. This summer gigs "clock queuing system" was worst than the spring gigs in France which were worst than the previous gigs... People arrive earlier and earlier... that's crazy.

You know, it's not "useful" even in France :naughty: Because the worst thing in all that is that "we" impose that to ourselves because the people who arrive to insane time are fans from the fan clubs... we could avoid that altogether.

And in France, even for festivals people arrived sooooo early. For the Vieilles Charrues, I know people move all day and don't stay stuck on the barreers because they come for many artists. I arrived at 4.30 (PM :naughty:) and was front row.

And for the list, I can immagine it was difficult if John was not there... It did work anyway ? But what matters is that you had a great gig

Yes, unfortunately, I don't think that it has an easy solution, other than a team of "queuing patrol" people tying up and handcuffing everyone who turns up before a certain time :roftl:

Well, you know what I mean. But it's just so pathetic that a bunch of us turn up early in the morning, and then proceed to stand/sit/camp out there all day until the "normal" people start turning up around 5 pm :blink:. It's just competing with ourselves. Anyway,we've discussed this ad nauseam in other threads and I have just realised that I will get told off for polluting the reports thread with this chat so I shall STFU before I get the little talk :lmfao:

I know :sneaky2:. Where does he think he is, missing Mika gigs????? We need him on the field!!! Not having a nice little holiday, ffs! :roftl:

Mika needs him, end of story.

I know :sneaky2:. Where does he think he is, missing Mika gigs????? We need him on the field!!! Not having a nice little holiday, ffs! :roftl:

Mika needs him, end of story.

:boxed: YES,SIR,YES!!!!

*runs to find john to warn him before sara kills him*

:gun_bandana:

Still no pics ?!! :teehee: Press was there ?

thdifferent countries have different queues and the most inteligent would be listen to the people of that country. we have representative for these kind of things.

You're right :thumb_yello:

When I say "useful" I mean that in those places, the number of fanclub members is much bigger, and there would be "normal" for people to go there early (not a 6am, tho!)

And to be honest, I'm still waiting on the comments of people who saw us enter the place earlier because of the numbers, and were looking at us like "WTF???".

I understood, don't worry :wink2:

And yes, people who arrive just before the show and see some fans enter before are always like that :blink: I don't think this is done for many artists...

Yes, he's just the best :biggrin2:. Always keeps his cool, no matter how chaotic things are, and just makes everything work well and look like it was seamless.

As a friend of mine says: "like the swan that looks graceful on the outside, but is paddling furiously under the water".

I love that analogy.

Yes, it's a very nice one and very true ! :thumb_yello:

Yes, unfortunately, I don't think that it has an easy solution, other than a team of "queuing patrol" people tying up and handcuffing everyone who turns up before a certain time :roftl:

What a great idea ! :naughty:

Well, you know what I mean. But it's just so pathetic that a bunch of us turn up early in the morning, and then proceed to stand/sit/camp out there all day until the "normal" people start turning up around 5 pm :blink:. It's just competing with ourselves. Anyway,we've discussed this ad nauseam in other threads and I have just realised that I will get told off for polluting the reports thread with this chat so I shall STFU before I get the little talk :lmfao:

This is what drives me mad :aah: We could relax alltogether instead of being competitive to be the first there...

Sorry, I don't want to pollute this wonderfull thread neither. Is there a thread about that ? Where we could talk and try to figure something...

I love that analogy.

Yeah i agree with you girls!! John is the best!! :wub2:

Loved all of your reports, girls!! I am glad that he did one last show in Portugal now before literally finishing his tour (because I still feel like there are things going on as there are still some gigs left). You deserve it and I'm sorry to hear that about the so called M&G. I hate it when people from 'outside the fan area' struggle to get there closer to the pop star just to be able to say they've been close to a celebrity or whatever. HOWEVER, I don't want to go offtopic :roftl:

I'm glad you had fun and I gotta say you're really lucky to have that many gigs in Portugal!! :wub2:

Archived