Festa das Lata in Coimbra, Portugal - Oct. 25, 2010 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Voice is gone, and thanks to my lovely neighbour's construction work, I only slept 3 hours... But since I'm already awake, I just want to make a quick report, before I dive into my RL stuff! Pics and detailed report in 2 or 3 days, sorry!

Thanks for taking the time to write even briefly, Mary! :flowers2: Sounds

like it was good overall, if not the "Happy Ending" you were hoping for.

I'll await your "real" report and photos anxiously! :biggrin2:

The day that team JiMMa are gone from the Mika crew will be a sad, sad day. I'm not trying to diss anyone, but I strongly feel that iMMa and Jimmy have been an incredible asset to Mika's band, and have no doubt been the best backing singer and bass player that he's ever had. They are great by themselves, super nice and talented both (especially iMMa-her voice is just unbelievable!) and also, they work absolutely amazingly as a team. It's a win-win situation no matter how you look at it.

Totally agree with you there. I think they're both fantastic -- don't want

to think about them ever moving on, although I think I'll continue to

follow them both should they ever go :wub2:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has it be posted ?

Article

Mika coloriu a noite de Coimbra Terça, 26 de Outubro de 2010 por Acabra .Net

http://www.destakes.com/redir/7086105c708bdfa2b10f12a3bac557e0?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=CoimbraNoticias

Na quinta noite da Festa das Latas e Imposição de Insígnias 2010, Mika encheu a tenda principal de público e de cor. Sean Riley & The Slowriders precederam a atuação do cantor libanês. Por Maria Eduarda Eloy e Fábio Rodrigues

O recinto foi pequeno para o público que se deslocou ao palco principal para assistir ao concerto de Mika. O cantor libanês foi o interruptor que deu energia ao público desde o início, com um “Boa noite” dito com um sotaque perfeito. Num cenário que pareceu saído de um desenho animado, Mika iniciou a atuação com o tema “Relax, take it easy”, entoado em uníssono pela audiência.

A participação do público no concerto foi uma constante e atingiu um dos pontos altos na interpretação de “Love today”. O tema incluiu a encenação de um “tiroteio” entre os membros da banda e o cantor. Em Coimbra, a interação com a plateia foi uma das imagens de marca, reforçada pela utilização de elementos cénicos, como balões ou insufláveis lançados para o público.

O uso de cores vivas foi recorrente e ajudou a construir um imaginário que se pode associar com alguma facilidade ao álbum “Life in Cartoon Motion”. As flores dominaram o cenário e preencheram inclusivamente o piano utilizado pelo cantor. Bailarinas com grandes máscaras em forma de animais ou caveiras entraram em palco para “Big girl, you are beautiful” e de novo no último tema da noite, “Lollipop”.

Mika anunciou que este foi “o último concerto na Europa antes do próximo álbum” e mostrou-se satisfeito por poder atuar perante a plateia presente no Parque da Canção. O artista considerou que foi um espetáculo “divertido” e revelou que a prioridade para os próximos meses vai ser a preparação do terceiro álbum.

Antes do cabeça de cartaz subir ao palco, Sean Riley & The Slowriders inauguraram a noite. “Marble Arch” foi o primeiro tema interpretado pela banda que conta com dois elementos de Coimbra. O vocalista Sean Riley (Afonso Rodrigues) manifestou a vontade de que esta Latada “seja tão boa” como as que viveu enquanto estudante.

Com cerca de metade do recinto preenchido e um público ainda a meio gás, Sean Riley & The Slowriders dedicaram “Lights Out” a Legendary Tigerman que no domingo, 24, ocupou o mesmo palco. A maior parte das músicas interpretadas fazem parte do álbum “Only Time Will Tell”, como por exemplo “This Woman”, “Houses and Wives”, “Tell Me Why” e “Got to Go” que concluiu a atuação do grupo.

O público que permaneceu na tenda principal até ao fim, ainda acompanhou a Fan-Farra Académica a gritar pela Briosa e a entoar o tema dedicado pela tuna a quem bebeu demais, “São Gregório”. O Coral Quecofónico do Cifrão encerrou a noite com um eferreá, após uma curta atuação.

iMMa Says:

To be honest I had eaten quite a bit so I was definitely needing a little breather before I started jumping up and down!! So the show started just after 1am... and it was great to see a familiar front row!!! We played, jumped, it didn't feel like 1am!! thank goodness!! Mika had fun, throwing his white top hat into the crowd - Jimmy ran off stage with his hat... it was a fun night!! Afterwards it was lovely to go and chat to the Big Girls, Lollipop girls, and man!! Also for the French crowd - who I believe the last time I saw was at 229!! Go ON Ladies!!! ;) Very well travelled!!!

Oh man you guys, who saw the concert are so lucky!!:mf_lustslow:

So true !! Ah John !! :fangurl: He is so professional and so kind to us :wub2: And really patient !

yes, "professional" is the key word. I don't know much about his employment history but he has either been dealing with fans for a long time or uses his natural instinct when it comes to dealing with people who lose their senses by the mere thought of being able to get close a pop star :insane:

I have seen him act like a professional psychologist several times when he had to deal with obvious lunatics and he does it in a way that pleases everyone involved.

And to be honest, I'm still waiting on the comments of people who saw us enter the place earlier because of the numbers, and were looking at us like "WTF???". :naughty:

I was there! :roftl: I saw you enter and I was confused at first, but then I understood...Even though the difference of time between you entering and the rest of the people was not much...:biggrin2:

plus 1 totally agree

he arranged everything very well at edinburgh with the qeueing ::biggrin2:

i TOTALLY agree!!!!!

took care of the qeueing in copenhagen before we even asked :shocked:

arranged a m&g after the denmark festival gig :boing:

he asked mama p and da man if i could be a bg :fangurl:

Natacha sweetie,how are you "cariño"?

I've missed you a lot.....

you don't remember me...

hi hun!!!!! :huglove: :huglove:

Im great

hey of course i remenber you :blink: when i sow the spanish girls I thought "i wish my girl were here" :sad:

hey hun, go to my thread, we talk there

I'm really happy I went to Portugal, it was so good to hear his voice again and see him smiling :wub2:

He looked tired, and he must have lost some weight because his trousers didn't seem to stay up :roftl:, but he did a very good performance and smiled a lot. He looked very brave and it also seemed that he enjoyed singing and joking and laughing though he wasn't as chatty as usual, which is very natural.

I was very sleepy before the gig (I really didn't understand that it is like a carneval in Coimbra, I couldn't sleep at all, can't describe how loud the music outside my hotel was :aah: ) But after seeing his show I was so happy I went there :wub2:

He came outside, but he didn't come to do any signing, he told that at very first. I was almost in front of him when he came, it was the door for BGs and LGs and I tried to help Beata to find her jacket (which I lost :aah:, fortunately she found it later :thumb_yello: )

Mika just came outside to tell that he is very busy and can't do any signing, and he took a few presents. There was a small boy and he signed his t-shirt, but he didn't want to do any other signing. He said me "hi" and gave a small smile, and it was so sweet, really more than enough :wub2: It wasn't a good moment for any signing, imo, he looked tired (and for some reason very young) and very brave smiling there :wub2: Soon some fans (I don't know who, maybe local students, maybe some other fans) screamed a lot, and he looked a bit scared (well, not really scared but I can't remember the right word) and left, but he was going to leave all the time.

I took quite a few vids, will upload them tomorrow, and some pics, I try to upload something now, if I manage (I'm at the airport). It was good to meet everyone, thanks for the company!

From iMMa's last blog:

. . . "First song in Relax, Marting had a glow stick thrown at him - which hit him right on the temple - and unfortunately it was 1 of many. Luckily for all of the others, me included we managed to dodge, but poor Martin had about 15 that actually hit him. I don't understand why these massive glow sticks are hurled at us on stage - it really hurts when they make contact - the thin little ones are fine - but the massive ones are thrown at some speed and if they touch.... it could be really bad. If it was that they didn't like us - then why come to the show? If it's because they like us - then throw roses up! Or if you really feel the need to throw, don't throw it like your life depended on it!!!" . . .

REF:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=168885473123311

That is rediculous! Those things could take someone's eye out! What are the security ppl doing? Just sitting on their hands? They should be doing their job and not letting so-called-fans throw things like that at Mika and the band!!

That is rediculous! Those things could take someone's eye out! What are the security ppl doing? Just sitting on their hands? They should be doing their job and not letting so-called-fans throw things like that at Mika and the band!!

Exactly what I was thinking of! And after all, why would you throw your glow sticks at people on stage instead of keeping them as a souvenir or something lol. No but that was really ridiculous! However, I think she was talking about Tunis and not Portugal.

Some pics, not all good quality, I took mostly vids and only a few pics. I hope someone took good pics when he was joking with Jimmy :naughty:

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

Yeah,thank you, your pics are very good!!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting..good work :wink2:

and Mika looks so beautiful with his new hair and also he seems happy...

Thanks again :huglove:

Because I'm not so gentle as Mary, I prefer not to make a big report about the all day.

Just want to say that was my 10th gig and because of a bunch of things, this one is in the bottom of the list.

I tried to have fun at the show, but since I was like a tuna in a tuna can, I had to be most of the time trying to not losing my place, but the problem was in the front row, the rest of the crowd was ok, not pushing at all.

Mika was smiling, relaxed and funny. I took a few pics (didn't saw them yet), I'll try to post later. I guess I only made 3 videos but they aren't good quality.

I just want to say one thing.... how things are going on these days, probably I should stay at home in the next gig! I don't approve many things that happened and I saw yesterday. Specialy how people reacted when they saw him!

To finished... Thanks to the girls and boys that helped us to have a nice and funny day! (I don't want to say names because I know I will forget someone)!

Some pics, not all good quality, I took mostly vids and only a few pics. I hope someone took good pics when he was joking with Jimmy :naughty:

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

love your pics :wub2::wub2:

thanks for sharing :teehee:

can't wait for your vids

@tiibet thank you for your report and the great pictures - finally:teehee:

I can understand the non-chatty mood yet doing a fun performance. He really is doing theatre on stage - you can tell by the photos.

I hope you can finally relax now at home. You must be sleep deprived

PS: the glowsticks story belongs to the Tunisian thread.

Because I'm not so gentle as Mary, I prefer not to make a big report about the all day.

Just want to say that was my 10th gig and because of a bunch of things, this one is in the bottom of the list.

I tried to have fun at the show, but since I was like a tuna in a tuna can, I had to be most of the time trying to not losing my place, but the problem was in the front row, the rest of the crowd was ok, not pushing at all.

Mika was smiling, relaxed and funny. I took a few pics (didn't saw them yet), I'll try to post later. I guess I only made 3 videos but they aren't good quality.

I just want to say one thing.... how things are going on these days, probably I should stay at home in the next gig! I don't approve many things that happened and I saw yesterday. Specialy how people reacted when they saw him!

To finished... Thanks to the girls and boys that helped us to have a nice and funny day! (I don't want to say names because I know I will forget someone)!

I like your report! I remember having the same problem back in April in Paris. People really struggled to get closer and closer to the stage and they kept pushing and stuff. It's not nice at all but it sort of happens.. boo! Good you had some fun though! :wub2:

I'm really happy I went to Portugal, it was so good to hear his voice again and see him smiling :wub2:

He looked tired, and he must have lost some weight because his trousers didn't seem to stay up :roftl:, but he did a very good performance and smiled a lot. He looked very brave and it also seemed that he enjoyed singing and joking and laughing though he wasn't as chatty as usual, which is very natural.

I was very sleepy before the gig (I really didn't understand that it is like a carneval in Coimbra, I couldn't sleep at all, can't describe how loud the music outside my hotel was :aah: ) But after seeing his show I was so happy I went there :wub2:

He came outside, but he didn't come to do any signing, he told that at very first. I was almost in front of him when he came, it was the door for BGs and LGs and I tried to help Beata to find her jacket (which I lost :aah:, fortunately she found it later :thumb_yello: )

Mika just came outside to tell that he is very busy and can't do any signing, and he took a few presents. There was a small boy and he signed his t-shirt, but he didn't want to do any other signing. He said me "hi" and gave a small smile, and it was so sweet, really more than enough :wub2: It wasn't a good moment for any signing, imo, he looked tired (and for some reason very young) and very brave smiling there :wub2: Soon some fans (I don't know who, maybe local students, maybe some other fans) screamed a lot, and he looked a bit scared (well, not really scared but I can't remember the right word) and left, but he was going to leave all the time.

I took quite a few vids, will upload them tomorrow, and some pics, I try to upload something now, if I manage (I'm at the airport). It was good to meet everyone, thanks for the company!

They weren't fans, just annoying drunk students. I was like 'SHUT THE F... UP!' cause they were really starting to be inconvenient and that was getting on my nerves. And as I said before, they kinda attracted more of the same kind... We told off some of them, who were too rude to even deserve an answer, but ok.

Really thougt Mika had signed more stuff, but anyway... Too chaotic... Didn't like it! :naughty:

Your a lucky girl,your 10th gig...me only 3 gigs..

and what happened?? if you want to tell us...some people didn't like Mika??

Archived