Festa das Lata in Coimbra, Portugal - Oct. 25, 2010 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:teehee:

Is that a yes, a no, or a maybe face? :roftl: I can't read you.

What do you think about this one? :teehee:

P1010593.JPG

By the way... all my photos are in here

http://picasaweb.google.com/PortugueseLollipop/FestasDasLatasCoimbra?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_V59mJyfSXjAE#

I was to lazy to chose the good ones so I put everything that I have there!

Good grief, that is very lovey dovey :roftl:, but also a tad controlling :naughty:. We know who likes to call the shots, eh boss?

Roxane, you rock!!

Mika191-2.jpg

His hair looks very 1980ies....

like the Brittish popsingers from that era....

e.g.: http://tinyurl.com/33f4cyv

or http://tinyurl.com/3x6ybxg

I don't like it very much, honestly.....sorry Meek:blush-anim-cl:

like Curt Smith on your photo ?... :roftl:

or Mick Hucknall?:naughty:

Simply_Red_-_Holding_Back_the_Years.jpg

YES! THAT'S IT!

And here was I, thinking that he was trying to pull an Erik Hassle thing :roftl:

Anyway, yeah, I prefer it his "normal" way. It may look more voluminous this way, but sometimes less is more.

I don't understand your comment!:boxed:

Watermarks are a way of people protecting what belongs to them.

Protect it from what though? Don't you want to share them? Why put them online at all if you don't? I know professional photographers do it but that's because they are hoping to get paid for their photos instead of people using them for free. We're all fans here and I don't think anyone would ever sell your pics, especially if they are small and low resolution.

Anyway that pic of Mika and Jimmy is awesome. :mf_lustslow: Thanks for posting. :flowers2:

He really does look like Mick Hucknall. I am liking this haircut more and more. It's really cute and it seems to be holding up better while he's performing.

Protect it from what though? Don't you want to share them? Why put them online at all if you don't? I know professional photographers do it but that's because they are hoping to get paid for their photos instead of people using them for free. We're all fans here and I don't think anyone would ever sell your pics, especially if they are small and low resolution.

Anyway that pic of Mika and Jimmy is awesome. :mf_lustslow: Thanks for posting. :flowers2:

He really does look like Mick Hucknall. I am liking this haircut more and more. It's really cute and it seems to be holding up better while he's performing.

Sharing as nothing to do with protecting! Since people use what they see on the internet like it belongs to them, I have the right to protect my photos, or texts, or whatever it would be, and those are my photos and I can do with them whatever I want to (unless making money with them)!:wink2:

A watermark doesn't take the essencial of a photograph, so I don't know why people are so angry about them. It seems like they want to do something else besides saving it on their computers.

I'm a professional photographer by the way. I know that I wasn't working but I treat all my photos the same way. There are a lot of photographers that use a watermark just to protect their work, just to when their photos start to circulate on the internet, people knows that photograph has a owner, just in case people forget it.

Yes, we are all fans and I'm not going to sell my photos, but I want respect for what I did. Why other person should take credits for something that didn't do? I saw people using my photos to get points on Mikasounds, I saw people asking here on MFC to remove a watermark to a photo that I took, I saw photos on MySpace, blogs, facebook, whatever. Do you still think that I don't need a watermark? I'm sorry but I think I'm right on this subject, specially when people doesn't say almost anything when I post them here for everyone to see, and then they are going to use them in whatever they want to.

I don't have problems that people use one photo that I took for a signature, or a fan blog, just ask first, and because that never happened, that's my way of protecting what is mine.

:thumb_yello:

(I'm glad you liked my photo:wink2:)

Thanks for pics and vids!

Is it the photos or is the man totally exhausted!? His eyes are completely ... "cernés" (don't know the word in English). I wouldn't wonder though even if they were.

From the reviews I gather that he enjoyed being back on stage and that's :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

thanks for all the pics and vids!

i hate watermarks :aah:

same

Sharing as nothing to do with protecting! Since people use what they see on the internet like it belongs to them, I have the right to protect my photos, or texts, or whatever it would be, and those are my photos and I can do with them whatever I want to (unless making money with them)!:wink2:

A watermark doesn't take the essencial of a photograph, so I don't know why people are so angry about them. It seems like they want to do something else besides saving it on their computers.

I'm a professional photographer by the way. I know that I wasn't working but I treat all my photos the same way. There are a lot of photographers that use a watermark just to protect their work, just to when their photos start to circulate on the internet, people knows that photograph has a owner, just in case people forget it.

Yes, we are all fans and I'm not going to sell my photos, but I want respect for what I did. Why other person should take credits for something that didn't do? I saw people using my photos to get points on Mikasounds, I saw people asking here on MFC to remove a watermark to a photo that I took, I saw photos on MySpace, blogs, facebook, whatever. Do you still think that I don't need a watermark? I'm sorry but I think I'm right on this subject, specially when people doesn't say almost anything when I post them here for everyone to see, and then they are going to use them in whatever they want to.

I don't have problems that people use one photo that I took for a signature, or a fan blog, just ask first, and because that never happened, that's my way of protecting what is mine.

:thumb_yello:

(I'm glad you liked my photo:wink2:)

i understand where youre coming from :thumb_yello:

.....people want watermarks removed cos the photo looks better without them... :aah:

EDIT: ...and they might want to use the pic for a collage, to stick in a book, print out put on their wall (for their own use)

Yes, it looks the same...

but for me, tihs is proper 80s hair

Ha, you know Mark Holmes owns the Mod Club where I first saw Mika in March 2007? I actually saw him hanging around outside when we were queuing for the Ting Tings.

Of course you can do whatever you want. But a watermark like the one you're using ruins the photograph. That's why people hate them. :dunno:

The Mikasounds competition is an extraordinary situation and the contest is over in a few days. I wouldn't mar my photographs just because someone else might post them somewhere. In my experience Mika fans post photographs in order to share them, not to pretend that they took them themselves.

Like I said, obviously you can do whatever you want, I just don't understand why you'd want to effectively destroy the image you display in public. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. As long as it's a low resolution photograph no one can really do anything with it except admire it.

Mika193.jpg

I usually prefer his hair long (the longer the better), but this time I thought he looked cute is his new hair. Very different but cute, somehow school boy style, now he needs to use a jacket a little bit too small :roftl::wub2:

I wonder how his hair looks in the morning when he wakes up :teehee: I wish we could see it... Maybe a vlog? :naughty:

Great pics, thanks everyone!! :thumb_yello:

I'm a professional photographer by the way.

Aaah, so that's why your foto's are all really beautiful! :thumb_yello:

Love them all! :thumb_yello:

And now I'm about to watch the vids you posted as well! :thumb_yello:

EDIT: love the vids! Thank you!!

(don't wanna say anything on the watermark issue...sorry I've mentioned it in the first place...seeing what discussion it created :blink:)

I'm really happy I went to Portugal, it was so good to hear his voice again and see him smiling :wub2:

He looked tired, and he must have lost some weight because his trousers didn't seem to stay up :roftl:, but he did a very good performance and smiled a lot. He looked very brave and it also seemed that he enjoyed singing and joking and laughing though he wasn't as chatty as usual, which is very natural.

I was very sleepy before the gig (I really didn't understand that it is like a carneval in Coimbra, I couldn't sleep at all, can't describe how loud the music outside my hotel was :aah: ) But after seeing his show I was so happy I went there :wub2:

He came outside, but he didn't come to do any signing, he told that at very first. I was almost in front of him when he came, it was the door for BGs and LGs and I tried to help Beata to find her jacket (which I lost :aah:, fortunately she found it later :thumb_yello: )

Mika just came outside to tell that he is very busy and can't do any signing, and he took a few presents. There was a small boy and he signed his t-shirt, but he didn't want to do any other signing. He said me "hi" and gave a small smile, and it was so sweet, really more than enough :wub2: It wasn't a good moment for any signing, imo, he looked tired (and for some reason very young) and very brave smiling there :wub2: Soon some fans (I don't know who, maybe local students, maybe some other fans) screamed a lot, and he looked a bit scared (well, not really scared but I can't remember the right word) and left, but he was going to leave all the time.

I took quite a few vids, will upload them tomorrow, and some pics, I try to upload something now, if I manage (I'm at the airport). It was good to meet everyone, thanks for the company!

Lovely report Nina!!! thanks for the pics and vids too:flowers2:

5ª Noite-14

This is what I was talking about! :wub2:

yup that is THE smile:wub2:

Archived