Damn straight it has! I've been so focussed on the engagement party that I've hardly even started packing (or even getting my suitcase down off the top of my cupboard :naughty:)... I plan on at least writing out what I need to pack this week, then I'll start packing... I totally plan on having only about 10kg in my bag :teehee:

Should be good, really looking forwards to it.

I'm going to Villiers-Brettoneux for Anzac Day, so I'll probably be on the look out for teaching resources etc (I'm constantly looking out for teaching resources, even though I never use them in my current job :teehee:)...

Good point, hopefully things will really pick up, cause you can never have enough experience...

And seriously, you're on school hols already? We don't start till the end of this week...

Last time I went overseas my bag was 11kgs I think. Keep in mind that the suitcase itself is a few kilos.

Any teaching resources you do have that you want to email my way would be great :fisch:

Okay, I found a better way to spend my money :naughty: Thank you soo much for telling me about the Oz Comic Con. I was there on Sunday and it was pretty awsome.

@soangel: I'm crossing my fingers for you. Job hunting is really annoying.

Thanks. I'll get a job eventually.

There's another ozcomic con in Melb end of June :fisch:

Okay, I found a better way to spend my money :naughty: Thank you soo much for telling me about the Oz Comic Con. I was there on Sunday and it was pretty awsome.

@soangel: I'm crossing my fingers for you. Job hunting is really annoying.

Ooooh, cool! Glad you had a great time! Apparently they had close to 20,000 people go through the doors, which is pretty damn good for a big convention that is just starting up...

Well the thing is, that you can buy T-shirts and dresses and shoes anywhere these days, so they are hardly worth packing. My brother goes abroad with the clothes he travels in, one change of clothing and one smart outfit. Then he just buys cheap T-shirts and jeans or shorts when he gets to his destination, and dumps it when it is time to come home.

Hmmmm.... worth keeping in mind. I figure if I wear the heavier clothes over there then that'll help.

Last time I went overseas my bag was 11kgs I think. Keep in mind that the suitcase itself is a few kilos.

Any teaching resources you do have that you want to email my way would be great :fisch:

Thanks. I'll get a job eventually.

There's another ozcomic con in Melb end of June :fisch:

Good point. I'm not planning on taking too much with me, though I had the idea that I could take a smaller bag with with me to France rather than the big suitcase. It qill add a little bit of weight to the bag, but not much. I just have to learn that I don't have to take half my wardrobe with me :naughty:

If I get a chance today I'll email it to you (if I can remember your email address :fisch:)... I have a bunch of links and some other stuff on my computer, so I might just send it all to you and you can go through and take what you want.

Are you going to Melb Ozcomic con?

Good point. I'm not planning on taking too much with me, though I had the idea that I could take a smaller bag with with me to France rather than the big suitcase. It qill add a little bit of weight to the bag, but not much. I just have to learn that I don't have to take half my wardrobe with me :naughty:

If I get a chance today I'll email it to you (if I can remember your email address :fisch:)... I have a bunch of links and some other stuff on my computer, so I might just send it all to you and you can go through and take what you want.

Are you going to Melb Ozcomic con?

It does get pretty easy to pick basic items that can be reworn in a few different varieties (easier in warm weather too)

Awesome. If you need my email PM me.

Of course I am :biggrin2: Not sure if I'm going to Supanova next weekend though as pretty broke, but am cosplaying as Katniss (and a friend will be Effie) from the Hunger Games for Ozcomiccon

Plus Katniss is easy. My big problem at the moment is finding a bow.

Haha, you could get a kids one and paint it to look less fake.

Or John apparently know how to make bows (must be in his blood :naughty:), he made one from a tree when we went camping last year. It was actually quite funny when it didn't work at all, because he'd spent like 3 hours making it while we all did normal things (like sitting around staring at a campfire). Granted, the string was just a tent rope, but according to him the spring comes from the wood, not the string, or something :blink:

tumblr_m20h50Po6r1qzz5f2.jpg

tumblr_m20h5bXeFK1qzz5f2.jpg

Okay, Effie would be heaps fun to dress up as! But you would make a good Katniss.

Blue Sky, are you living in Australia now??

Plus Katniss is easy. My big problem at the moment is finding a bow.

Sorry to interrupt... but Katniss? You [soangel] are going to a costume party as Katniss from the Hunger Games?! :mf_lustslow: ... AWESOME!

Yeah, just make a bow... but I have also seen toy bows in shops.

When are you dressing up as Katniss? Because if you still have a few weeks, maybe you should order a bow over the internet, from a costume shop.

Sorry to interrupt... but Katniss? You [soangel] are going to a costume party as Katniss from the Hunger Games?! :mf_lustslow: ... AWESOME!

Yeah, just make a bow... but I have also seen toy bows in shops.

When are you dressing up as Katniss? Because if you still have a few weeks, maybe you should order a bow over the internet, from a costume shop.

Not until end of June so still time. There's a wooden one on ebay I could get. It's only $40 and looks better than kids ones. But plan to check out costume shops.

Haha, you could get a kids one and paint it to look less fake.

Or John apparently know how to make bows (must be in his blood :naughty:), he made one from a tree when we went camping last year. It was actually quite funny when it didn't work at all, because he'd spent like 3 hours making it while we all did normal things (like sitting around staring at a campfire). Granted, the string was just a tent rope, but according to him the spring comes from the wood, not the string, or something :blink:

tumblr_m20h50Po6r1qzz5f2.jpg

tumblr_m20h5bXeFK1qzz5f2.jpg

Kids ones are really small though. And I don't know how to make one. Biance get John to make me one haha. (and paint it Silver). It doesn't need to work, in fact better if it doesn't. But I just need to be able to pose with an arrow notched on it.

It does get pretty easy to pick basic items that can be reworn in a few different varieties (easier in warm weather too)

Awesome. If you need my email PM me.

Of course I am :biggrin2: Not sure if I'm going to Supanova next weekend though as pretty broke, but am cosplaying as Katniss (and a friend will be Effie) from the Hunger Games for Ozcomiccon

That was exactly my thinking... Some of the stuff I should be able ot get a few wears out of before washing, but I'll see how I go and how much food I spill on myself :teehee:. Have started packing my bag too, so hopefully once all my stuff is dry and gotten off the line then I can start properly packing and seeing how much space I have...

Ooooh shiny! I hope there's going to be pics...

Hey All!

I have nothing to say... I just want this thread in my subcriptions for easy access and the only way I know how to do that is by posting something :aah:

I think there is a way to subscribe... go to the top of the screen and click on Thread Tools. It should say "Subscribe to thread" or something olong that line... I don't remember what it actually says, I'm already subscribed to the Aussie thread and I don't feel like finding a thread that I haven't posted in already :teehee:

Not that you posting in here isn't great or anything :naughty::thumb_yello:

Soooooo, what's everyone doing for Easter? I'm having lunch with Mum's family on Sunday, then on Monday Derek and I are having dinner with his family...

And In case I'm not here tomorrow (as in Sunday)...

HAPPY

EASTER

EVERYONE!

Hope the Easter Bunny gives you lots of yummy choccies (or other stuff if you don't want choccies)...

Ooooh, cool! Glad you had a great time! Apparently they had close to 20,000 people go through the doors, which is pretty damn good for a big convention that is just starting up...

QUOTE]

Yes, on Saturday they ran out of wristbands. I got one that had sunday crossed out and Sat written over it. :naughty:Hard to believe this was the first one here.

Supanova sounds like fun,too. Maybe in Perth:mf_rosetinted:

No big planes for easter.We wanted to go to the beach toay but it's too cold :bleh: I have to work on Monday so I'll have an early night tomorrow. Is monday a public holiday here?

I think I'll buy heapes of bunny shaped chocolate when easter is over and they want to get rid of it:biggrin2:

Supanova sounds like fun,too. Maybe in Perth:mf_rosetinted:

No big planes for easter.We wanted to go to the beach toay but it's too cold :bleh: I have to work on Monday so I'll have an early night tomorrow. Is monday a public holiday here?

I think I'll buy heapes of bunny shaped chocolate when easter is over and they want to get rid of it:biggrin2:

Supanova's not too bad, been once and it was pretty good.

Yep, Monday is a public holiday... Hopefully you get paid penalty rates as well..

Chocolate should be pretty cheap now, so go for it! :naughty:

Not until end of June so still time. There's a wooden one on ebay I could get. It's only $40 and looks better than kids ones. But plan to check out costume shops.

Kids ones are really small though. And I don't know how to make one. Biance get John to make me one haha. (and paint it Silver). It doesn't need to work, in fact better if it doesn't. But I just need to be able to pose with an arrow notched on it.

Ok, you have heaps of time. I would suggest going online and getting something from the US :original:

I think there is a way to subscribe... go to the top of the screen and click on Thread Tools. It should say "Subscribe to thread" or something olong that line... I don't remember what it actually says, I'm already subscribed to the Aussie thread and I don't feel like finding a thread that I haven't posted in already :teehee:

Not that you posting in here isn't great or anything :naughty::thumb_yello:

Soooooo, what's everyone doing for Easter? I'm having lunch with Mum's family on Sunday, then on Monday Derek and I are having dinner with his family...

And In case I'm not here tomorrow (as in Sunday)...

HAPPY

EASTER

EVERYONE!

Hope the Easter Bunny gives you lots of yummy choccies (or other stuff if you don't want choccies)...

:teehee: ... thanks for telling me how!

Happy Easter to you too!

as your Easter nice?

I had a EASTER HUGG HUNT :boing: (No, I don't care that I am turning 19 this year... I have never to old for a Easter Egg Hunt :biggrin2:)

Yep, Monday is a public holiday... Hopefully you get paid penalty rates as well..

I would usually have a bigger Easter Egg Hunt, but chocolate was actually very expense this year :blink: ... Now that Easter is over though, it should be cheap!!:teehee:

I got a Lindt bunny as well - I wonder what Zen would think of wearing a bell? :fisch:

Yummy :licks_lips:

I got a Lindt bunny as well - I wonder what Zen would think of wearing a bell? :fisch:

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

:teehee: ... thanks for telling me how!

Happy Easter to you too!

as your Easter nice?

I had a EASTER HUGG HUNT :boing: (No, I don't care that I am turning 19 this year... I have never to old for a Easter Egg Hunt :biggrin2:)

I would usually have a bigger Easter Egg Hunt, but chocolate was actually very expense this year :blink: ... Now that Easter is over though, it should be cheap!!:teehee:

No probs... I remember someone telling someone else how to do it so thought it might come in handy...

What the hell is an Easter hugg hunt??? :roftl: One of those would be fun! :teehee:Sorry, couldn't help but make fun of your spelling

We had an easter egg hunt as well, though it was only the really little kids that took part, so it was my niece and my oldest cousin's 3 kids (15 yr old, 9 yr old and 2 yr old). A few of us older kids helped and pointed out a few eggs. My sister and I put the eggs out and used my cousin's ute for quite a few. We hid some in the twin exhausts, some in the back, under the door handles, in the wheels and found that the grille and the holes where his big bullbar was attached to the bonnet worked a treat for little solid eggs :roftl:

No, I don't. It's a flatrate wage :no: But at least I have a job :wink2:

Aww, I wanna gon on an easter egg hunt, too. This is the second year in a row I'm not home for easter, so I haven't done that in ages. Who says you can get too old for that :wink2:

Lindt bunnies are the best!:drool:

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

He was asleep so I was able to sneak up and put it on him :teehee:

IMGP3121.jpg

He would definitely love it! :thumb_yello:

He was just "wtf is that?"

IMGP3122.jpg

and then he tried to eat it

No, I don't. It's a flatrate wage :no: But at least I have a job :wink2:

Aww, I wanna gon on an easter egg hunt, too. This is the second year in a row I'm not home for easter, so I haven't done that in ages. Who says you can get too old for that :wink2:

Lindt bunnies are the best!:drool:

Really??? That sucks.

I don't really think you're ever too old for an ester egg hunt, but when you put the eggs out and you're competing against children, then it kinda takes the fun out of it...

He was asleep so I was able to sneak up and put it on him :teehee:

IMGP3121.jpg

He was just "wtf is that?"

IMGP3122.jpg

and then he tried to eat it

Awwwwww, poor baby... he didn't get it off and actually eat it, did he?

What, no-ones posted since i've left Oz??? Slackers! :sneaky2:

Oh yeah, and if you haven't noticed, im in England... :teehee:

:naughty::aah::mikalove:

And up very early (or going to bed very late :teehee:)

Welcome to the UK :uk: