But the zoo in Adelaide has Panda's (and Australian animals)

I'd think Adelaide to Alice would be better than Perth to Alice, but then I guess it depends on where you want to go after Perth/Alice Springs. If it's more WA then Perth last would make sense, but if you're planning to go to Darwin then it'd be Alice last.

If that makes sense.

Pandas? Aww. Sounds terribly tempting:teehee:

Actually I don't know yet what I'm gonna do afterwards. My flight back home goes from Brisbane so I thought of maybe heading east. It will be expensive anyway I think.:boxed:

Pandas? Aww. Sounds terribly tempting:teehee:

Actually I don't know yet what I'm gonna do afterwards. My flight back home goes from Brisbane so I thought of maybe heading east. It will be expensive anyway I think.:boxed:

Hmmm.... how much longer are you here for?

Haha, yeah but MOST vet bills are under $100, and it's mostly over $300 a year for dogs. It's useful only if you have at least one disaster/surgery every year, and generally I hope that wouldn't happen. I mean, the thing it's actually good for is some kind of $20,000+ illness, but I'm just hoping if Ambrose is going to get himself into trouble like that he'd at least have the decency to wait a couple of years.

:

Whereas Wench's sprained knee set me back $400 nearly in vet bills. So if she just does something like that once a year I'll still be saving money.

I've only watched the first one up till the chorus of Relax, but the chick with the short blonde hair is quite good, the blonde that was singing Lollipop sounded like a man... :blink:

I'll finish watching them when I'm not at work and needing to get stuff done (I have a funeral to go to and I have to go in a bit over an hour).

Hmmm.... how much longer are you here for?

another 5 months so I still have a bit of time left:biggrin2:

I went to the zoo the other day but the entry fee is ridiculous and I'm pretty broke at the moment so I didn't went in :-P

another 5 months so I still have a bit of time left:biggrin2:

I went to the zoo the other day but the entry fee is ridiculous and I'm pretty broke at the moment so I didn't went in :-P

Oooh, plenty of time to do stuff!

Out of curiosity, how much was the entry fee?

Hmmmm.... I think the one in Dubbo is more than that. Then again, I haven't been for 9 years or something, so who knows how much it costs now...

:shocked: Oh gosh. Australia would be one of the best places on earth to live if it wasn't so terribly expensive:boxed:

:shocked: Oh gosh. Australia would be one of the best places on earth to live if it wasn't so terribly expensive:boxed:

Dubbo is in the country and everything seems slightly more expensive around here. For some things, the city is a lot cheaper.

Speaking of expensive, it's funny when people complained about the cost of Mika's concert tickets a few years back. People were complaining about tickets costing about $50AUD (or less) in Europe, whereas tickets here cost about $85 for his show. Admittedly, Australia is in the middle of nowhere, but geez stuff gets a lot more expensive here.

Dubbo is in the country and everything seems slightly more expensive around here. For some things, the city is a lot cheaper.

Speaking of expensive, it's funny when people complained about the cost of Mika's concert tickets a few years back. People were complaining about tickets costing about $50AUD (or less) in Europe, whereas tickets here cost about $85 for his show. Admittedly, Australia is in the middle of nowhere, but geez stuff gets a lot more expensive here.

85$? Where was that? :blink: From what I have seen so far, almost everything is expensive here, in the cities as well. The only exception are CDs which is driving me crazy because for me it doesn't make any sense to buy any here:boxed: But on the other hand the wages are higher as well so it's kind of alright (if you have work) I guess.

So I guess there is no way to get to Dubbo without a car anyways?

Yeees:biggrin2:

I think it was something over 30$.

Thats actually about standard. The zoo in Sydney is a fair bit more.

85$? Where was that? :blink: From what I have seen so far, almost everything is expensive here, in the cities as well. The only exception are CDs which is driving me crazy because for me it doesn't make any sense to buy any here:boxed: But on the other hand the wages are higher as well so it's kind of alright (if you have work) I guess.

Just a show in Sydney. Compared to places like the US things are expensive, but then compared to Europe we're probably about average.

No, not really... It's about 1 1/2 hours west of where I am, and I'm about 4 or so hours west of Sydney...

Thats actually about standard. The zoo in Sydney is a fair bit more.

Just a show in Sydney. Compared to places like the US things are expensive, but then compared to Europe we're probably about average.

I'll take your word for it Bec, never been to the zoo in Sydney...

And how have you been? Haven't seen you around (and I try to avoid going on FB too much when I'm at work :teehee:)

No, not really... It's about 1 1/2 hours west of where I am, and I'm about 4 or so hours west of Sydney...

I'll take your word for it Bec, never been to the zoo in Sydney...

And how have you been? Haven't seen you around (and I try to avoid going on FB too much when I'm at work :teehee:)

Neither have I. I looked at the price and decided to avoid it.

I've been good though fairly busy at the moment. Not around here much but I'm always on facebook.

Busy looking for work and trying to save enough to move out once I get a full time job.

Bec!! *waves* Haven't seen you round here for YONKS!:aah:

I do see you on twitter sometimes though:wink2: Hope the job search sorts itself out soon for you. teaching jobs?

I saw on the web yesterday that RACV is offering discount entry to the Melb Aquarium. I might go on the weekend, as I have friends from Japan over.

I do see you on twitter sometimes though:wink2: Hope the job search sorts itself out soon for you. teaching jobs?

I saw on the web yesterday that RACV is offering discount entry to the Melb Aquarium. I might go on the weekend, as I have friends from Japan over.

Yep teaching jobs. I'm finished with uni and want to get into full time work and move out. Start being an adult, so to speak (though I'm still not ready to be a grown up)

Neither have I. I looked at the price and decided to avoid it.

I've been good though fairly busy at the moment. Not around here much but I'm always on facebook.

Busy looking for work and trying to save enough to move out once I get a full time job.

Fair enough... I hardly ever see your posts on FB, but I should start looking for them...

How's the job hunt going?

I haven't seen you around for a while... have you been lurking?

Yep teaching jobs. I'm finished with uni and want to get into full time work and move out. Start being an adult, so to speak (though I'm still not ready to be a grown up)

Meh, being a grown up is overrated...

And I just found out something interesting...

:woot_jump:

HANSON ARE

COMING TO AUSTRALIA

IN SEPTEMBER!!!

Yeah, I'm not excited at all... :naughty:

Fair enough... I hardly ever see your posts on FB, but I should start looking for them...

How's the job hunt going?

Meh, being a grown up is overrated...

And I just found out something interesting...

HANSON ARE

COMING TO AUSTRALIA

IN SEPTEMBER!!!

Yeah, I'm not excited at all... :naughty:

Well I'm on it a lot but I don't post too often haha. I post maybe twice a week, sometimes more.

The job hunt is exhausting. Have had 3 interviews, so that's promising but wasn't successful in any though got good feedback (need to do some research over the 2 week break). I just want a job so I can move out.

What is this, the return of the 90s? All the 90s bands are touring again.

Well I'm on it a lot but I don't post too often haha. I post maybe twice a week, sometimes more.

The job hunt is exhausting. Have had 3 interviews, so that's promising but wasn't successful in any though got good feedback (need to do some research over the 2 week break). I just want a job so I can move out.

What is this, the return of the 90s? All the 90s bands are touring again.

That'd be why I hardly see your posts then :naughty:

That's pretty good so far. Have you had much casual work?

Yeah, looks like it :teehee: Pretty sure I'll go, might even get Derek to come along too...

And guess what? It's one week and 6 days till I fly out to Europe! :woot_jump: Just gotta pack bags, convert shiny cashy money and make sure everything is all good at work :naughty:

And guess what? It's one week and 6 days till I fly out to Europe! :woot_jump: Just gotta pack bags, convert shiny cashy money and make sure everything is all good at work :naughty:

:shocked: That has come round quickly!

That'd be why I hardly see your posts then :naughty:

That's pretty good so far. Have you had much casual work?

Yeah, looks like it :teehee: Pretty sure I'll go, might even get Derek to come along too...

Yay for your trip. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Haven't had much casual work yet but it'll pick up this term. First term is always slow. (It's school holidays now)

:shocked: That has come round quickly!

Damn straight it has! I've been so focussed on the engagement party that I've hardly even started packing (or even getting my suitcase down off the top of my cupboard :naughty:)... I plan on at least writing out what I need to pack this week, then I'll start packing... I totally plan on having only about 10kg in my bag :teehee:

Yay for your trip. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Haven't had much casual work yet but it'll pick up this term. First term is always slow. (It's school holidays now)

Should be good, really looking forwards to it.

I'm going to Villiers-Brettoneux for Anzac Day, so I'll probably be on the look out for teaching resources etc (I'm constantly looking out for teaching resources, even though I never use them in my current job :teehee:)...

Good point, hopefully things will really pick up, cause you can never have enough experience...

And seriously, you're on school hols already? We don't start till the end of this week...

Okay, I found a better way to spend my money :naughty: Thank you soo much for telling me about the Oz Comic Con. I was there on Sunday and it was pretty awsome.

@soangel: I'm crossing my fingers for you. Job hunting is really annoying.

Damn straight it has! I've been so focussed on the engagement party that I've hardly even started packing (or even getting my suitcase down off the top of my cupboard :naughty:)... I plan on at least writing out what I need to pack this week, then I'll start packing... I totally plan on having only about 10kg in my bag :teehee:

Well the thing is, that you can buy T-shirts and dresses and shoes anywhere these days, so they are hardly worth packing. My brother goes abroad with the clothes he travels in, one change of clothing and one smart outfit. Then he just buys cheap T-shirts and jeans or shorts when he gets to his destination, and dumps it when it is time to come home.