Cool.

We're working on getting the 9th of November next year.

Mum and Zoe were looking at the menus for the reception yesterday and they've already suggested which ones would be the best (and worked out the cost - around $5400 :jawdrop:)... Yeah, I don't seem to be doing too much, everyone else is organising it :teehee:

If we're not doing too much, we might even go have a bit of a look at dresses over the weekend...

Told you it would be expensive :naughty:

There has been a programme running in the UK about gypsy weddings, you should see some of the dresses they choose :shocked:

If I can find a link I will post it, as you will not believe some of the dresses. :eek:

You are moving so quickly on it! Well done you! By all accounts weddings are a nightmare to organise - it's great you've got so much done already.

Yeah well, I have to admit... I don't really have a choice. Mum wants to start organising everything early, that way we won't be all stressed out about it on the day (knowing my mum, she's gonna be a nightmare)...

It's either that or she's just that excited about me getting married (and FINALLY moving out :teehee:) that she wants to get a good start on it early...

Told you it would be expensive

There has been a programme running in the UK about gypsy weddings, you should see some of the dresses they choose

If I can find a link I will post it, as you will not believe some of the dresses.

I know... was kinda hoping it wasn't going to be that much (and I haven't even thought about photographers yet!)...

Ooooh, that show. Yeah, I saw it on pay tv. Those dresses are hideous! Those girls look like toilet dollies!

For example:

Big-Gypsy-Wedding-Dress.jpg

thumbnail.aspx?q=1621984023262&id=58166ad52a38eebab68e6e020937febc

Or even

Big-Fat-Gypsy-Weddings-007.jpg

See?

tumblr_kqqmfdjGGg1qzoxf1o1_400.jpg

I would much prefer something like this:

luxury-beautiful-train-victorian-lace-wedding-dresses-with-cap-sleeves.jpg

Wedding-dresses-Mermaid-Wedding-Dresses-BW11326.jpg

antique-gothic-lace-wedding-dresses-mermaid-style-lace-wedding-dress-corset-wedding-gowns.jpg

antique-gothic-lace-wedding-dresses-mermaid-style-lace-wedding-dress-corset-wedding-gowns.jpg

(That last one is really nice...)

I refuse to look like a toilet dolly on my wedding day! :sneaky2:

I don't want a strapless dress either. I dont want to be constantly pulling it up (I'm really limiting my choices, but still, I really like the lace ones)...

Edited by nico_collard

I don't think you are limiting your choices.

Lace dresses are all the rage since Kate Middleton wore one, and hers was very elegant.

Have you thought about getting a dress made for you?

I don't think you are limiting your choices.

Lace dresses are all the rage since Kate Middleton wore one, and hers was very elegant.

Have you thought about getting a dress made for you?

True, true... I liked the dress but I'm not too sure about the long sleeves...

I haven't, though I'm not too sure there's too many dressmakers around here. I plan on going to a dress shop in Bathurst soon, the woman that owns it knows both of us and I kinda want to look at dresses :biggrin2:...

I wish it would stop raining, Molong creek has a flood warning at the moment, so does the creek that runs through the eastern part of Orange...

True, true... I liked the dress but I'm not too sure about the long sleeves...

I haven't, though I'm not too sure there's too many dressmakers around here. I plan on going to a dress shop in Bathurst soon, the woman that owns it knows both of us and I kinda want to look at dresses :biggrin2:...

I wish it would stop raining, Molong creek has a flood warning at the moment, so does the creek that runs through the eastern part of Orange...

You may not believe this, but parts of the UK officially have a drought (my area included). We've had two dry winters in a row, so the reservoirs are only half full. Some rivers are drying up too.

In the north and in Scotland there has been plenty of rain and even some flooding

You may not believe this, but parts of the UK officially have a drought (my area included). We've had two dry winters in a row, so the reservoirs are only half full. Some rivers are drying up too.

In the north and in Scotland there has been plenty of rain and even some flooding

Are you serious??? :shocked:

If you want, you're more than welcome to the water going through NSW :teehee:

It's been pretty good over the weekend here. It looks like the water went over the bridge near my house (there's some debris on the railing, so I'm guessing the water went over the bridge) and at this stage Molong is totally okay. The creek is up a lot, but well and truly below the top of the bridge (that was this morning though).

A few places in NSW are flooding/close to flooded now. Forbes had an evacuation order announced last night and the expected the river to peak around now, and Wagga Wagga has already flooded. As far as I know, we don't have any Mikamites there at the moment.

I didn't realise you were Orange/Molong way Tegan - that's one of my favourite parts of NSW (truth!). Glad you managed to avoid most of the water hell. Some friends of mine in Cooma were left in pretty grim circumstances.

Oh and lace wedding dresses = stunning!

I didn't realise you were Orange/Molong way Tegan - that's one of my favourite parts of NSW (truth!). Glad you managed to avoid most of the water hell. Some friends of mine in Cooma were left in pretty grim circumstances.

Oh and lace wedding dresses = stunning!

Really? What do you like about this area?

Must admit, I do like the gelato that they make in Molong... and even better, the factory is not very far from work! :kachinga:

I really do feel for those in the flooded places. I saw the news stuff on Cooma and I was a little glad that Orange doesn't have a river running through it (unlike Bathurst, which was cut in half). Apparently Forbes will probably end up being cut in three by Thursday, and it'll be bigger than the flood in 1990 (which I kinda sorta remember :blink:).

Yeah, I wanted something that won't look (too) dated. That and it seems like almost everyone has strapless dresses, so I want to go with something a little different. :naughty:

Really? What do you like about this area?

Must admit, I do like the gelato that they make in Molong... and even better, the factory is not very far from work! :kachinga:

I really do feel for those in the flooded places. I saw the news stuff on Cooma and I was a little glad that Orange doesn't have a river running through it (unlike Bathurst, which was cut in half). Apparently Forbes will probably end up being cut in three by Thursday, and it'll be bigger than the flood in 1990 (which I kinda sorta remember :blink:).

Yeah, I wanted something that won't look (too) dated. That and it seems like almost everyone has strapless dresses, so I want to go with something a little different. :naughty:

I used to work in the wine industry and one of our clients was Ross Hill. So I spent a very good many weekends in Orange and just fell in love with it! It's my favourite wine region in NSW. It's just such a cute, friendly, fun, tasty town :) I had a brief fling with one of the vineyard hands at Ross Hill too, so perhaps it's a bit sentimental :blush-anim-cl:

Really close family friends are winemakers down in Yenda (Griffith) and have just been evacuated :( The floods have destroyed their crops. Thank God they did vintage a couple of weeks ago, otherwise they'd have no product this year. That being said, their vines are screwed for next year. I feel for them. They've had it so rough, purely from the environment, over the past few years. :tears:

And good move with the wedding dress. I find strapless dresses all just start to look the same!

Are you serious??? :shocked:

If you want, you're more than welcome to the water going through NSW :teehee:

It did actually rain at the weekend, but apparently we need two months of steady rain to refill the reservoirs. We will be getting a hosepipe ban soon (but Scotland is OK so don't worry :naughty:).

:bye: Hellooooo

I went back um, a few pages. I really like the dress style you're looking at Teegs, I think strapless anything looks terrible, especially some super heavy dress! Haha, that is a bit hilarious/terrible about the catastrophe surrounding your ring though. :naughty:

It did actually rain at the weekend, but apparently we need two months of steady rain to refill the reservoirs. We will be getting a hosepipe ban soon (but Scotland is OK so don't worry :naughty:).

Someone told me Australia (or maybe it was only Victoria, I'm not sure anymore:blink:)had enough rain this summer to refill the reservoirs that have been emptied in the last six years. :shocked:

Someone told me Australia (or maybe it was only Victoria, I'm not sure anymore:blink:)had enough rain this summer to refill the reservoirs that have been emptied in the last six years. :shocked:

This is pretty much how it is, not just in Victoria.

For example, in Sydney, the main water body that services the entire city is the Warragamba River. Since 1998 it's been at little more than 30% capacity and deemed 'crisis mode' or whatever.

Last Friday it overflowed!!! And this is a MASSIVE dam. Honest.

13275922.jpg

SOrry, I'm a total nerd with this stuff. :blush-anim-cl:

I went back um, a few pages. I really like the dress style you're looking at Teegs, I think strapless anything looks terrible, especially some super heavy dress! Haha, that is a bit hilarious/terrible about the catastrophe surrounding your ring though. :naughty:

OKD :shocked:

Long time no see! How is my grandson?

This is pretty much how it is, not just in Victoria.

For example, in Sydney, the main water body that services the entire city is the Warragamba River. Since 1998 it's been at little more than 30% capacity and deemed 'crisis mode' or whatever.

Last Friday it overflowed!!! And this is a MASSIVE dam. Honest.

13275922.jpg

SOrry, I'm a total nerd with this stuff. :blush-anim-cl:

I just wasn't sure anymore, because the guy was from Victoria:biggrin2: I'm in SA now, here it has been relatively calm so far (but the news say the floods are moving south)

Wow that dam IS massive.

I used to work in the wine industry and one of our clients was Ross Hill. So I spent a very good many weekends in Orange and just fell in love with it! It's my favourite wine region in NSW. It's just such a cute, friendly, fun, tasty town :) I had a brief fling with one of the vineyard hands at Ross Hill too, so perhaps it's a bit sentimental :blush-anim-cl:

Really close family friends are winemakers down in Yenda (Griffith) and have just been evacuated :( The floods have destroyed their crops. Thank God they did vintage a couple of weeks ago, otherwise they'd have no product this year. That being said, their vines are screwed for next year. I feel for them. They've had it so rough, purely from the environment, over the past few years.

And good move with the wedding dress. I find strapless dresses all just start to look the same!

Ooooh, cool!

Hopefully your family friends are okay. We've been seeing a bunch of footage from Wagga and all around there. The flooding in Forbes has gotten worse too.

We've probably had at least one month's worth of rain in a few days... And good... as long as Scotland is okay, I'm happy :naughty:...

Hi... :bye:

Strapless looks okay on some people, but on others it looks really bad.

And yeah, it is quite amusing :teehee:

We've definitely had enough rain in NSW to refill reservoirs! :shocked: Especially the places that are flooding... Wyangala dam (which is near Forbes) is over 100%, so it Burrendong dam (it's about 127% or something ridiculous). Burrendong apparently holds more water than Sydney Harbour...

We've definitely had enough rain in NSW to refill reservoirs! :shocked: Especially the places that are flooding... Wyangala dam (which is near Forbes) is over 100%, so it Burrendong dam (it's about 127% or something ridiculous). Burrendong apparently holds more water than Sydney Harbour...

It seems only a couple of years ago when all we were talking about was the drought and the wildfires.:naughty:

In fact it was only a couple of years ago :mf_rosetinted:

It seems only a couple of years ago when all we were talking about was the drought and the wildfires.:naughty:

In fact it was only a couple of years ago :mf_rosetinted:

Hmmmm.... good point.

Talking about the weather must be everyone's fall back conversation starter...

Hmmmm.... good point.

I've always thought that too... :blink: But it's not as bad as my trusty fall back of 'soooooo... what's your garbage day?'

I get odd looks, but you'd be surprised at how many great convos can emerge from such a simple question.

Hmmmm.... good point.

It depends. When I actually meet Australians (which doesn't happen very often) yes it is, but living mostly in backpackers it's usually "So where are you from?" the garbage question ist waay better though :biggrin : :thumb_yello:

I've always thought that too... :blink: But it's not as bad as my trusty fall back of 'soooooo... what's your garbage day?'

I get odd looks, but you'd be surprised at how many great convos can emerge from such a simple question.

That's an odd one... Hmmm. Might have to try that sometime.

It depends. When I actually meet Australians (which doesn't happen very often) yes it is, but living mostly in backpackers it's usually "So where are you from?" the garbage question ist waay better though :biggrin : :thumb_yello:

Ohhhh, so instead of weather convos you get to talk about where you're from. Nice!

Hello you pretty things!

Hey you sexy thang! :das:

What's doing?