REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS - Das Festival, Aug. 6 Aug. 2011, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

guylainem123

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just uploaded my videos - apart from band intro/happy ending and elle me dit, because the security guards ruinied those! :aah: during HE they told me not to use a flash :doh:, and about half into emd, they told me not to film, so i had to hide my camera - he also told me to tell tiibet, who stood next to me, but of course i didn't, and luckily he didn't come back to tell her. :naughty: so in any case you have better versions from tiibet. :wink2: i might upload mine eventually, if i have time.

but for now:

talk & blue eyes:

kick ass:

love today killing scene:

a minute or so of the m+g:

Edited by mellody

Nothing too exciting, but I decided to post it anyway...

A short clip from the gig + interviews with fans

23:55-25:12

http://www.shf.ch/index.php?heute-im-gespraech-09-august-2011-festival-spezial-teil2

One more pic by Radio Munot

facebook Radio Munot

283040_231656810211749_130355970341834_759317_5122312_n.jpg

And another one from Radio Grischa

http://www.radiogrischa.ch/kultur/das-festival-schaffhausen-zog-16-000-besucher

99565_630x420.jpg

Edited by mariposa

http://www.shf.ch/index.php?heute-im-gespraech-09-august-2011-festival-spezial-teil2

One more pic by Radio Munot

facebook Radio Munot

283040_231656810211749_130355970341834_759317_5122312_n.jpg

And another one from Radio Grischa

http://www.radiogrischa.ch/kultur/das-festival-schaffhausen-zog-16-000-besucher

99565_630x420.jpg

Cool! :flowers2:

She asked us as well where we were from but didn't show us :shun:

Anyway, great to trigger somme memories and funny how the pictures don't match the songs (we don't wave for Relax, do we?) :teehee:

:mfr_omg:Oh noooooo Mariposa !!! Why did you post this ITW here ??? :shocked: I am horrible and i sing as a pan :freak::bored: ... :sorry::naughty:

No, you are great in the viedo, no worries! :thumb_yello:

Thanks Marion! :thumb_yello: The long video clip - they didn't have any interview from Mika, did they? I mean they interviewed all the other bands?

Nope, no interview with Mika... I hope it was that his schedule was too tight and not that they didn't even ask him. :aah:

Edited by mariposa

Thanks for the link of VIDEO. :flowers2:

uploaded it on MikaTube

http://mikatube.com/archive/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=56&video_id=618

D/L link by Nicoleta -- http://www.mediafire.com/?esta6j7hidjie7v Thanks a lot as always !! :huglove:

[YOUTUBE]Jq8mbeomASw[/YOUTUBE]

THANK YOU for posting the link to upload it. It's nice to have a cutted version :thumb_yello:

But I'm still thinking that I'm killing Elle me dit and have a silly face :roftl:

I saw this video at last!! I love you girls, you rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 3 weeks since Schaffhausen and only now I've been able to catch up with this thread. So thanks everyone for the pics and vids especially thanks Nina for filming Elle me Dit!!! What a huge surprise it was to hear this song in English, for me it was definitely one of the best moments of the summer tour:wub2:

I was really happy to find a video for Rain too. Dont know exactly why but this has been one my most favorite performances of this song so far. It was so powerful, magical:wub2:

Hearing Touches You was also a great surprise, I had missed this song a lot.

One thing I noticed is that the side that won the BITOG singing competition was so loud, they freakin rocked! I remember thinking (I was on the side that didnt win) that they're going to win for sure, they're awesome.

The Schaffhausen gig was really special and like everyone else said it was the perfect way to end the summer tour:wub2:

I've managed to film a few songs before security told me off for filming, so here they are:

really short vid of BG

[YOUTUBE]YMMuJYx9EQc[/YOUTUBE]

Dr. John

[YOUTUBE]Fv8vealUbOg[/YOUTUBE]

Blue Eyes

[YOUTUBE]6QPUarM8znc[/YOUTUBE]

I also have filmed half of Happy Ending (thats the point when security told me to stop filming) which is still uploading.

Edited by Louiza

You didn’t! Your Spanish is ok, it really is. It was fun talking with you. :bye:

Agree with everyone who said it was a wonderful last gig experience. Everything was perfect actually, in every sense.

I didnt know you were in Schaffhausen, wish I had met you.

it says " THANK YOU SO MUCH . IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME " :)

That is so sweet:wub2: and your banner was amazing!!!

I got the head band from the show and I asked him to sign it so I can remember later what it is and he signed "this is the band hold in Schaffhausen August 2011, Mika" :roftl: It was raining so it is a little bit blurry.

:wub2:

Cant believe he didnt just sign it but had to write exactly what it was, thats adorable:wub2:

edit: i took a pic of the setlist, after the show one of the stage workers came with a pile of them for us. don't remember though if mika kept to the order. elle me dit and lollipop definitely were the other way round.

setlist.jpg

I think the order is correct, except for Elle me Dit being before Lollipop of course.

Edited by Louiza

It's been 3 weeks since Schaffhausen and only now I've been able to catch up with this thread. So thanks everyone for the pics and vids especially thanks Nina for filming Elle me Dit!!! What a huge surprise it was to hear this song in English, for me it was definitely one of the best moments of the summer tour:wub2:

I was really happy to find a video for Rain too. Dont know exactly why but this has been one my most favorite performances of this song so far. It was so powerful, magical:wub2:

Hearing Touches You was also a great surprise, I had missed this song a lot.

One thing I noticed is that the side that won the BITOG singing competition was so loud, they freakin rocked! I remember thinking (I was on the side that didnt win) that they're going to win for sure, they're awesome.

The Schaffhausen gig was really special and like everyone else said it was the perfect way to end the summer tour:wub2:

I totally agree, this version for Rain was absolutely fantastic, I loved it. BIOTG was great in Schaffhausen, and I just watched your Dr John vid and realized how happy I was to see it a few times without the feather coat, lol! It felt so different, I was hoping to see that! Thanks for the vids, Netina! :wub2:

Cant believe he didnt just sign it but had to write exactly what it was, thats adorable:wub2:

It was adorable, wasn't it :wub2: I just looked it a couple of days ago and I noticed there is his make-up on it and it made me smile, and I couldn't help thinking how great end Schaffhousen was for this summer tour... It was great to meet you, Netina!

I didn't know you were there, either. Surely next time! :wink2:

definitely next time:thumb_yello:

I totally agree, this version for Rain was absolutely fantastic, I loved it. BIOTG was great in Schaffhausen, and I just watched your Dr John vid and realized how happy I was to see it a few times without the feather coat, lol! It felt so different, I was hoping to see that! Thanks for the vids, Netina! :wub2:

It was adorable, wasn't it :wub2: I just looked it a couple of days ago and I noticed there is his make-up on it and it made me smile, and I couldn't help thinking how great end Schaffhousen was for this summer tour... It was great to meet you, Netina!

It was great meeting you too! Schaffahausen was a fantastic end for the summer tour indeed:wub2:

About Dr. John I really love the new intro as well:wub2:

Sennheiser

German company, manufacturers wide range of headphones, microphone, wireless system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sennheiser

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/press_releases_mika_takes_mk4_to_europe

25.08.2011 - Sennheiser UK

Mika Takes MK4 To Europe

July and August have seen British artist Mika take a short summer holiday from recording his third album, The Origin Of Love, to play at ten festivals across continental Europe. The shows were an excellent opportunity to give Sennheiser’s latest large format condenser mic, the MK4, a live workout.

The ten festivals included events in Belgium, Corsica, France, Hungary, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland. As ever, Mika and his band had an array of Sennheiser equipment on stage and Front of House engineer Craig Pryde took the opportunity to put the new MK4 through its paces.

“I’ve used Sennheiser for a long time and I use their equipment with other artists, including Alexandra Burke and The Last Shadow Puppets,” says Craig. “I was looking for a large diaphragm condenser mic and so I approached Sennheiser UK’s Mark Saunders, who suggested that I try the MK4.”

Craig used two MK4s on guitars and was very impressed.

“They have a very smooth high pattern, but still have a great fat sound for guitars,” he says. “I did some A/B tests with the MK4 against another type of large format condenser mic and the Sennheiser came out very favourably. At the time I didn’t know the cost of the MK4, it was only later that I discovered that it was half the price of the one I was testing it against. It is exceptionally good value.”

As well as the MK4s, Sennheiser equipment on the shows included Mika’s SKM 5200 with KK 105 head for lead vocals, SKM 935-500 G3s for backing vocals, ew 300 in ear monitors and an array of evolution 900 series wired mics, including the e901,e 902, e904, e906, e914 and Neumann 184s on drums / backline.

Microphone sound quality is incredibly important, especially since the advent of in-ear monitors and high quality PAs, and Sennheiser mics have a really detailed sound,” says Craig. “Sennheiser UK’s service and technical backup is also excellent. I have a good personal relationship with Mark and they are always keen to help, wherever we are in the world.

Hi res images are available at here. http://gasolinemedia.jalbum.net/Sennheiser_UK_Mika/

2011_DasFes1.jpg

2011_DasFes2.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
typo