Mika's dream woman?

Vanessa-a.k.a-Echa

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it so important to you that he's straight? You said you hope he opens his heart to a woman and he has already said he can see himself doing that. Why do you need him to exclude men from the possibilities?

Anyway as Rosa said, what we believe is not going to make any difference, in our lives or in Mika's life. But you might want to be careful about implying that that there is something wrong with him being anything other than straight.

I can answer that. If he is gay, Topic starter's dream of marrying and having babies with Mika will be shattered and if he is straight there is a very very very small chance TS dream will come true.

I can answer that. If he is gay, Topic starter's dream of marrying and having babies with Mika will be shattered and if he is straight there is a very very very small chance TS dream will come true.

What if he's "officially bisexual"...hmmm? :naughty:

OH NOOOO i will never believe that he likes the ones without the "wo" :sneaky2:

I still believe he's straight....he just don't want to admit it cos it reminds him of his past relationships, so much pain....but i do know that his type of relationship is the one without commitment or labels....HA!:biggrin2:

LOOOOOOOL

I´m missing something cause I can´t understand if Mika being straight or gay would make any difference in our lives :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

well yeah that's the problem......i think he just need to wait until the pain eased.....finally he can open his heart for a woman that sincerely love him

oh and btw i hope it's ME!!!:aah: i hope we'll meet someday and we'll fall in love :wub2: HAHA THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE i know -_-

@rosa, I was only saying that i like her spirit, if mika is gay it would affect Vanessa's life so much, how will she get a date with him? :teehee:

Show, where it was?To this way. With direct speech.

gay-and-night-mika-biseksueel.jpg

On a serious note, I must say that lately too many people on this forum say it's a bad thing if Mika would be gay or bi, or rather not have him be. I understand that these people (not naming anyone in particular) still have hopes that they might one day end up with Mika, but still it's kind of unsettling for me, because it makes me feel like they mold Mika into something they would like him to be, which he is not. And to me, the whole understanding and appreciating of Mika's music is also to appreciate his persona. The 'gay' thing of Mika's performances to me make him special.

Lena, I recall you once said that you disliked every gay and bi-sexual person, only Mika was an exception if he happened to be just that. I did not forget because I, as someone who has many gay and bi friends and as a supporter of equal rights, was offended by that. I understand the fact that Russia is not as liberal as Holland is and I understand that you might have been raised with these ideas, but still it seems wrong to me to think these thoughts.

As a conclusion, no matter if he's straight, bi, gay or a-sexual, chances he will fall in love with you no matter how sweet or loveable or pretty and sexy you are, are almost non-existent.

But this is what I have to say. Last time I was being all wrong and crushing dreams, but this is the way it is.

just a thought... if he was called to give an interview to a gay magazine, i don't think he would go and say "I'm straight, you know..." JUST in case he were (which i personally don't think he is, I think he is BI and that's perfectly OK with me), surely he would go for the PC and safe bisexual. I recall reading an article in a gay magazine where they were rather mean to him cos he wouldn't 'come out'.

Last time I was being all wrong and crushing dreams, but this is the way it is.

honest and wrong are not synonyms :thumb_yello:

On a serious note, I must say that lately too many people on this forum say it's a bad thing if Mika would be gay or bi, or rather not have him be. I understand that these people (not naming anyone in particular) still have hopes that they might one day end up with Mika, but still it's kind of unsettling for me, because it makes me feel like they mold Mika into something they would like him to be, which he is not. And to me, the whole understanding and appreciating of Mika's music is also to appreciate his persona. The 'gay' thing of Mika's performances to me make him special.

Lena, I recall you once said that you disliked every gay and bi-sexual person, only Mika was an exception if he happened to be just that. I did not forget because I, as someone who has many gay and bi friends and as a supporter of equal rights, was offended by that. I understand the fact that Russia is not as liberal as Holland is and I understand that you might have been raised with these ideas, but still it seems wrong to me to think these thoughts.

As a conclusion, no matter if he's straight, bi, gay or a-sexual, chances he will fall in love with you no matter how sweet or loveable or pretty and sexy you are, are almost non-existent.

But this is what I have to say. Last time I was being all wrong and crushing dreams, but this is the way it is.

I totally agree with you.

:thumb_yello:

just a thought... if he was called to give an interview to a gay magazine, i don't think he would go and say "I'm straight, you know..." JUST in case he were (which i personally don't think he is, I think he is BI and that's perfectly OK with me), surely he would go for the PC and safe bisexual. I recall reading an article in a gay magazine where they were rather mean to him cos he wouldn't 'come out'.

honest and wrong are not synonyms :thumb_yello:

Well, if he was straight, I see no issue why he should hide that, just because it's a gay magazine he is talking too.

In Holland, we have a tv presenter and he has to go through the whole "YOU ARE GAY!" phase too, just because he appeared in a gay magazine with a shirtless photoshoot and presents shows about gays and lesbians coming out of the closet. He is honest about it and just says he is straight, but has great affinity with the gay community and wants to help them. I think more people should be like that.

This thread is very entertaining. Almost like "Mika Entertains A Lady In Paris" and the same like "Mika with sexy women".:floor:

And personally I don't care if he is bi.straight, gay or spiderman(:naughty:)and I don't need to know it because it isn't sth I need to know.He's a free man and he could be brown,he could be blue or violet sky for me Mika can be anything he likes:biggrin2: I just love so much his songs,I am interested in him as an artist and I don't care too much about his private life :)

I completely agree with you!

And I can also understand that in some countries, being gay or being bi, isn't accepted yet, so that it's hard to accept this for some people.

[ However, I do no understand why these countries are so against gay or bisexual people, but if you grew up there, you grew up with this opinion, so yeah, it can be hard to change that point of view]

What I don't understand is, if you're against gay/bi people, why you would make an exception for Mika.

Why is it ok for him but not for others?

That's just being a hypocrit in my eyes.

And that thing about Mika saying he's bisexual because he's been hurt before in a relationship. Euhm yeah, whenever I get hurt in a relationship, I immediately say to the world i'm bisexual so I don't have to admit I got hurt....I mean seriously?! It's like saying: ooh god I am starving so I'm now going to take a shower. Problem solved, nobody will ever now I'm actually hungry :mf_rosetinted:

it makes no sense! it has nothing to do with each other, and if Mika didn't want to say he got hurt, he just wouldn't say it, and not say something else to hide it! :aah:

Well, if he was straight, I see no issue why he should hide that, just because it's a gay magazine he is talking too.

In Holland, we have a tv presenter and he has to go through the whole "YOU ARE GAY!" phase too, just because he appeared in a gay magazine with a shirtless photoshoot and presents shows about gays and lesbians coming out of the closet. He is honest about it and just says he is straight, but has great affinity with the gay community and wants to help them. I think more people should be like that.

I agree with you.

just saying that perhaps he did feel uncomfortable, not that he should or shouldn't be...

I agree with you.

just saying that perhaps he did feel uncomfortable, not that he should or shouldn't be...

That is a possibility of course! But I think that Mika at that point in his career was confident enough and that he didn't need to hide behind terms to make himself feel comfortable.

Besides, I think it's rather weird that throughout the LICM period he kept yelling: "I don't talk about my private life! My private life is private!" and then suddenly he is relatively open and says "Well, you know, you can call me bi-sexual."

Even though it didn't shock many people, it did appear in newspapers and came back in interviews, so if he did it just to please the interviewer of gay&night, it came back to bite him in the ass.

I actually had a poster of the gay&night cover up on my wall for a long time, including the whole "Call me bi-sexual" headline. It just made me feel proud of him in a silly way. But then again, I can't help but feel proud of him most of the time:naughty:

I, as someone who has many gay and bi friends and as a supporter of equal rights, was offended by that.

What always strikes me about that is that Mika also has gay friends and he has spoken publicly several of times about how appalled he is at the mistreatment of gays in Africa, by Italian politicians and the Catholic church. You can fantasize whatever you want about who Mika sleeps with but he has made it VERY CLEAR that he is pro-gay so I don't know how you can idolize him and disrespect something that is so fundamental about him at the same time.

Toronto is very gay-friendly but I grew up 40 years ago and there was plenty of homophobia around me, including within my own immediate family. But you know what? You grow up, you meet people, you form your own opinions about things. Societal attitudes are no excuse for maintaining these prejudices indefinitely.

just a thought... if he was called to give an interview to a gay magazine, i don't think he would go and say "I'm straight, you know..." JUST in case he were (which i personally don't think he is, I think he is BI and that's perfectly OK with me), surely he would go for the PC and safe bisexual.

No, when he was playing it safe he said that he didn't want to discuss his sexuality at all - he had the same standard line to the gay and regular press. I cannot recall one celebrity ever pretending that they were not straight to ingratiate themselves with an audience. I mean seriously. :aah:

When solo singer/songwriters are straight they don't even have to say so. It is apparent in their music. Does anyone wonder whether Adele is singing about a boy or a girl? We all know her relationships have been with men.

I joke about Mika being a liar but I am glad he has never even so much as implied that he's straight because I think it's been obvious to everyone (who doesn't have an agenda or prejudices against homosexuality) since day one.

If Mika wants to make up fake dogs to keep people entertained in interviews that's fine but if he ever made up fake girlfriends it would be hard to respect him. He has never once crossed that line and tried to fool people into thinking that he is straight. It's all in the imagination of those who refuse to believe anything else.

What always strikes me about that is that Mika also has gay friends and he has spoken publicly several of times about how appalled he is at the mistreatment of gays in Africa, by Italian politicians and the Catholic church. You can fantasize whatever you want about who Mika sleeps with but he has made it VERY CLEAR that he is pro-gay so I don't know how you can idolize him and disrespect something that is so fundamental about him at the same time.

Toronto is very gay-friendly but I grew up 40 years ago and there was plenty of homophobia around me, including within my own immediate family. But you know what? You grow up, you meet people, you form your own opinions about things. Societal attitudes are no excuse for maintaining these prejudices indefinitely.

No, when he was playing it safe he said that he didn't want to discuss his sexuality at all - he had the same standard line to the gay and regular press. I cannot recall one celebrity ever pretending that they were not straight to ingratiate themselves with an audience. I mean seriously. :aah:

When solo singer/songwriters are straight they don't even have to say so. It is apparent in their music. Does anyone wonder whether Adele is singing about a boy or a girl? We all know her relationships have been with men.

I joke about Mika being a liar but I am glad he has never even so much as implied that he's straight because I think it's been obvious to everyone (who doesn't have an agenda or prejudices against homosexuality) since day one.

If Mika wants to make up fake dogs to keep people entertained in interviews that's fine but if he ever made up fake girlfriends it would be hard to respect him. He has never once crossed that line and tried to fool people into thinking that he is straight. It's all in the imagination of those who refuse to believe anything else.

Amen to this!:thumb_yello:

You know, in the early interviews in the TBWKTM era, he was quite confusing as well, because then he was single, a week later he was in the longest relationship of his life so far, then the week after that the longest relationship he ever had was with his imaginary dog. And I didn't mind that, I mean, it gives us something entertaining to discuss. But I am very, very happy he never lied about his sexuality in the sense that he pretended to be something he was not. It was quite obvious from the beginning really.

When my mother found out George Michael was gay, she was heartbroken. It came as a shock. With our dear Mika, not so much:biggrin2:

Archived