Vanessa-a.k.a-Echa

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Mika would like someone who can cook and sew. And make shoes.:biggrin2:

:naughty:

Dunno what are you talking about :mf_rosetinted:

gay-and-night-mika-biseksueel.jpg

On a serious note, I must say that lately too many people on this forum say it's a bad thing if Mika would be gay or bi, or rather not have him be. I understand that these people (not naming anyone in particular) still have hopes that they might one day end up with Mika, but still it's kind of unsettling for me, because it makes me feel like they mold Mika into something they would like him to be, which he is not. And to me, the whole understanding and appreciating of Mika's music is also to appreciate his persona. The 'gay' thing of Mika's performances to me make him special.

Lena, I recall you once said that you disliked every gay and bi-sexual person, only Mika was an exception if he happened to be just that. I did not forget because I, as someone who has many gay and bi friends and as a supporter of equal rights, was offended by that. I understand the fact that Russia is not as liberal as Holland is and I understand that you might have been raised with these ideas, but still it seems wrong to me to think these thoughts.

As a conclusion, no matter if he's straight, bi, gay or a-sexual, chances he will fall in love with you no matter how sweet or loveable or pretty and sexy you are, are almost non-existent.

But this is what I have to say. Last time I was being all wrong and crushing dreams, but this is the way it is.

Ingie, I would agree with you in some issues. But I think, that Lena has a right to have her own opinion. People are different and they can't be agree in everything. Yes, our country - Soviet Union, and one who didn't live here can't judge ones who was grown up here. I won't tell you about camp prisons - a destiny of gayish persons. The mentality has a huge difference. I understand your feelings, but it is unpleasant for me too - to see as you pursue dissenting people from the thread to the thread.

I don't know what would be my attitude if not Freddie - but I had to face it and survive it all alone in my 14, due to my country politics. So, people have to be tolerant - and tolerant to different points of view as well.

OK. Talking about an ideal woman. I prefer "without wo" variant :naughty: because I have no chances anyway and I'm so envious and mean :aah::biggrin2:

All I want is that his choice (or no choice) made him content with himself and happy.

Things I've learned on the forum:

1.If it had been 2007 this thread would have been closed by now!:teehee:

But I'm happy it's not. I call it progress.

Well, if he was straight, I see no issue why he should hide that, just because it's a gay magazine he is talking too.

In Holland, we have a tv presenter and he has to go through the whole "YOU ARE GAY!" phase too, just because he appeared in a gay magazine with a shirtless photoshoot and presents shows about gays and lesbians coming out of the closet. He is honest about it and just says he is straight, but has great affinity with the gay community and wants to help them. I think more people should be like that.

2.The rest of the world has sometimes a different approach to the gay subject than we in for example Holland and Sweden...:wink2:

if only he'd get on with his music, then i'd be happy ..... *taps finger on table* :aah:

*taps right beside you*:biggrin2:

Ingie, I would agree with you in some issues. But I think, that Lena has a right to have her own opinion. People are different and they can't be agree in everything. Yes, our country - Soviet Union, and one who didn't live here can't judge ones who was grown up here. I won't tell you about camp prisons - a destiny of gayish persons. The mentality has a huge difference. I understand your feelings, but it is unpleasant for me too - to see as you pursue dissenting people from the thread to the thread.

I don't know what would be my attitude if not Freddie - but I had to face it and survive it all alone in my 14, due to my country politics. So, people have to be tolerant - and tolerant to different points of view as well.

OK. Talking about an ideal woman. I prefer "without wo" variant :naughty: because I have no chances anyway and I'm so envious and mean :aah::biggrin2:

All I want is that his choice (or no choice) made him content with himself and happy.

But don't you think it's a little bit strange that she dislikes all gays and bi-sexuals except for Mika if he was one? That seems a little bit hypocrite to me. And how can you like or dislike someone without even knowing the character of that person?

I do not say she is not allowed her opinion. I am giving mine and I strongly disagree. I did not post that to blackmail her, it was just something that came to mind.

Also, I have enough experience with your part of the world as I have been raised for a major part of my childhood by my Polish stepmother, so I also know enough people from Poland, Russia etc to form my opinion.

It is terrible what happens to gays, but I feel it's unfair to say: 'It's just what happens in my country and you think differently because you are from somewhere else.' There is enough information available on the internet to read without sticking to old-fashioned ideas many older people in your country seem to think.

As a matter of fact, intolerance towards gays is more of an issue in my country now. Does that mean I have to turn against them?

I have nothing against Lena personally, but her ideas and opinions often come off a little extreme to me and that is why I react. I have no intention of pointing fingers, it was just something that came to mind.

But don't you think it's a little bit strange that she dislikes all gays and bi-sexuals except for Mika if he was one? That seems a little bit hypocrite to me. And how can you like or dislike someone without even knowing the character of that person?

She loves Mika himself , not because just of his orientation, just music, just appearance - we love him as a whole. Of course, some thing in a peculiar person can irritate, and in another person it is a zest. I looove him biting his lip and hate it in others. So what? I can't see any contradiction here.

I do not say she is not allowed her opinion. I am giving mine and I strongly disagree. I did not post that to blackmail her, it was just something that came to mind.

Also, I have enough experience with your part of the world as I have been raised for a major part of my childhood by my Polish stepmother, so I also know enough people from Poland, Russia etc to form my opinion.

It is terrible what happens to gays, but I feel it's unfair to say: 'It's just what happens in my country and you think differently because you are from somewhere else.' There is enough information available on the internet to read without sticking to old-fashioned ideas many older people in your country seem to think.

As a matter of fact, intolerance towards gays is more of an issue in my country now. Does that mean I have to turn against them?

I have nothing against Lena personally, but her ideas and opinions often come off a little extreme to me and that is why I react. I have no intention of pointing fingers, it was just something that came to mind.

Extremes - it is a word. I just don't like the tendency to say "he/she's gay - so he's cool! wow!" as it happens a lot lately. They are just people, some of them are amazing persons and some of them are mean. So, I just don't like the extremes when I say that I don't like Boy George people start pointing fingers on me: "foooo how could you!" I just don't like him and his look- that's all, but I like Ricky Martin and Elton John!

I repeat - they are the same people, and usually I judge people by their personal qualities, not by orientation.

Well, let's back to fun thread again.

Ah, almost forgot. Meeks said about bi not only in that magazine. He was telling almost the same in last year's interview in June (or July?) before some Eastern gig.

This thread was indeed hilarious before Ingie came along and got all serious. :mf_rosetinted:

Come on love.............lighten up.............and stop flirting. You know you have been mine since our hands met under the table in 2008. :mf_rosetinted:

She loves Mika himself , not because just of his orientation, just music, just appearance - we love him as a whole. Of course, some thing in a peculiar person can irritate, and in another person it is a zest. I looove him biting his lip and hate it in others. So what? I can't see any contradiction here.

Extremes - it is a word. I just don't like the tendency to say "he/she's gay - so he's cool! wow!" as it happens a lot lately. They are just people, some of them are amazing persons and some of them are mean. So, I just don't like the extremes when I say that I don't like Boy George people start pointing fingers on me: "foooo how could you!" I just don't like him and his look- that's all, but I like Ricky Martin and Elton John!

I repeat - they are the same people, and usually I judge people by their personal qualities, not by orientation.

Well, let's back to fun thread again.

Ah, almost forgot. Meeks said about bi not only in that magazine. He was telling almost the same in last year's interview in June (or July?) before some Eastern gig.

I disagree. You mention pet peeves, I talk about sexual orientation. How can you hate that in one person but adore that in another?

I also never said all gay people are awesome. I know many I don't like. Has nothing to do with their sexual preference but with the person itself. I just think it's unfair to judge someone based solely on their sexuality.

And these extreme feelings have not only been about his gayness, but also about Ida, who he happened to look at in a way many people in love with him don't like. Conclusion: Ida is stupid and should go away.

Isn't the simple thought alone not stupid in itself? I am just serious now because I feel people need to wake up because the obsession over his lover, man/woman/hamster, is going TOO far.

This thread was indeed hilarious before Ingie came along and got all serious. :mf_rosetinted:

Come on love.............lighten up.............and stop flirting. You know you have been mine since our hands met under the table in 2008. :mf_rosetinted:

Kath! Babydoll! I need to show them people I am not just this cuddly hilarious teddybear everyone thinks I am. I need to shine my incredibly intelligent thoughts over certain topics from time to time.:mf_rosetinted:

And I love you honey, but Christine winked at me in a rather seductive way so I could not restrain myself!:wub2:

Kath! Babydoll! I need to show them people I am not just this cuddly hilarious teddybear everyone thinks I am. I need to shine my incredibly intelligent thoughts over certain topics from time to time.:mf_rosetinted:

And I love you honey, but Christine winked at me in a rather seductive way so I could not restrain myself!:wub2:

That's the trouble with falling in love with one so young............your eye was bound to wander. :aah:

Archived