It's not the falling that's critical to the idea but the landing. You can drop a cat on its back and it will twist and turn as it's falling through the air but by the time it lands it will be on its feet (I mean hopefully it will be :naughty:)

It's a common phrase in English but I guess in conversation it's only going to come up if you're talking on a personal level - about relationships and such.

I saw a documentary once when they test it and yes, cats do land on their feet every time:wink2:

As for the expression itself, and to answer Tiibet, in french we say "Retomber sur ses pieds":thumb_yello:

This song is stuck in my mind since the first time I heard it. Can't seem to stop listen to it. Looking forward to hear the complete album:thumb_yello:

I saw a documentary once when they test it and yes, cats do land on their feet every time:wink2:

As for the expression itself, and to answer Tiibet, in french we say "Retomber sur ses pieds":thumb_yello:

This song is stuck in my mind since the first time I heard it. Can't seem to stop listen to it. Looking forward to hear the complete album:thumb_yello:

what a relief...I'm happy for CAts...:original: I just adore my cat...she's brilliant in every way..and she loves to lick my face and my neck...it's unusual but I love it...maybe it's because I saved her life... sorry for off topic but the word "cat" always brings feelings to my heart :original:

But remember, they landed SAFELY!!! every time!

I wonder what was the height...hope not too high...their feet may have hurt...

they tried various heights. And if I remember correctly, cats are mostly to be hurt if they fall from the first or second floor of a building than higher.

sorry back to topic

Can,t stop listening to the song:wub2:

they tried various heights. And if I remember correctly, cats are mostly to be hurt if they fall from the first or second floor of a building than higher.

sorry back to topic

Can,t stop listening to the song:wub2:

so the faster you move the less harm when you bang to the ground...that's strange...:wink2:

ok, no more cat talking

have to find the answer....

Btw, today I tried to figure out the lyrics after the 'you are the port of my call' line and I think I hear something with "him". Like.. "you shot and leave him in raw " or something :dunno:

yes, they actually did:naughty:

Haha, I didn't really expect that answer:blink::naughty:

I have a little question for native speakers : are we supposed to write 'Under Water' or 'Underwater'? Or is there no real answer to this?

I would say that underwater is usually used as an adjective so in this case it would be "under water".

I remember that. :roftl: In fact, when some of us met him outside the venue in Amsterdam a good two months after the GGG live debut, I pounced on him to ask him WTF one of the lines was. :teehee:

Finding GGG lyrics was a full time job :lmfao:

Thanks, Mana :wub2: we were all so grateful you asked Da Man for those lines that puzzled us so much :hair:

"When she adored ya

The whole room would get to know.

Like a movie that is filled with lust

Coming at you with a double D bust." :bow:

That part was sooooooooooo tricky :naughty:

Aww, the wild hair and the bright pink cardigan. Widdle baby Mika was sure a cutie-wootie! :lmfao:

Baby Mika :wub2:

I would say that underwater is usually used as an adjective so in this case it would be "under water".

Thank you Christine.

I found this :

As an adjective preceding the noun it modifies, underwater is always one word. Some writers use underwater as a predicate adjective (e.g., his head was underwater), and others use the two-word under water (e.g., his head was under water). There is no rule for this, and there is little consistency even within publications. The rule of thumb is that underwater is an adjective and under water an adverbial phrase, but this doesn’t seem to guide practical usage.

I'll go with Under Water then :thumb_yello: I wonder how Mika writes it :teehee: