:lmfao: Too true!

And we're lucky enough he didn't start making up words yet...

Back when the dinosaurs wandered the Earth there was once a band called Duran Duran, whose lead singer/songwriter made up words such as "sanhedralite", which means nothing at all, as our English speakers may confirm, just for the sake of it...

And there are a lot more examples he can take, so let's consider ourselves lucky for now...:naughty:

Edited by willywonka

And we're lucky enough he didn't start making up words yet...

Back when the dinosaurs wandered the Earth there was once a band called Duran Duran, whose lead singer/songwriter made up words such as "sanhedralite", which means nothing at all, as our English speakers may confirm, just for the sake of it...

And there are a lot more examples he can take, so let's consider ourselves lucky for now...:naughty:

Funny I just called myself a dino today.. and I lived in that DD area...

Thanks for the laugh

Hi !

I have just discovered this song yesterday and needed to listen to it when I woke up half an hour ago...:biggrin2:

It sounds nice and pleasant :thumb_yello:, I don't really understand all of what Mika's singing but I am sure of something : I love this one much more than 'Elle me dit'. I think I can't stand that one any more, we hear it 100 times per day on the french radios...:naughty: and Mika's voice is quite annoying in this song...

I think I prefer not to understand what he sings, otherwise it sounds strange...:roftl:

So "Under water" was a pleasure to discover :thumb_yello:, the music reminds me a little bit of Josh Groban (please don't shout !)

See you !

Edited by Sweetieval

Sorry about all the separate posts - I was trying to MQ all this but it was just soooooo slooooow :aah:

And that's another problem I have with that lyric - it suggests just somewhere convenient to stop - just passing through. In a love song I would expect the object of desire to be something permanent :naughty:

"Fall to my feet" still sounds wrong. You can fall on your feet, but not to them.

Sometimes I feel as if English is the foreign language Mika is trying to write in :teehee:

You are so right Silver :thumb_yello:

"Fall back on one's feet" is a French expression indeed :biggrin2::lmfao:

Mika's childhood langage is French :blush-anim-cl:

I feel close to him in that way, I learned French first, then English when I was 12 (at school), then American when I was 18 :teehee:

And MFC is slow when trying to quote...and lately I end up posting twice and having to remove one post

This thread attracts me like a magnet :mf_lustslow:

I love Under Water like crazy :insane::swoon::stretcher:

That is the reason why I feel Mika's english is so strange sometimes, now I understand why, thank you :biggrin2: I thought it was because I don't really understand American...:biggrin2:

"Fall back on one's feet" is a French expression indeed. What would you translate by, in french ? "Tomber à genoux" ? Because "tomber sur son pied" I have never heard that :teehee:

Edit : Reading backwards, I understand what you meant because it is originally "fall at my feet" "tomber à mes pieds", it sounds tally logical to me, as a french frog -,)

Mika's childhood langage is French Yes, and he's still speaking like a child "t'as pas encore de chevAUX blancs (white horses) instead of chevEUX (white hair), my children use to say that too !

:teehee: Edited by Sweetieval

They do in Yorkshire :mf_rosetinted:

oh dear 'blood' and 'good' :roftl: It was quite disturbing when I first heard the Northern accent :naughty:

Now at work there are people from everywhere in UK and some pronounce 'car parts' and 'carpets' the same way. So do they with 'paper' and 'pepper' :aah:

and....someone posted in a humorous way that M should be dressed up like a mermaid...

IN FACT apart the humour I see a point here:wink2:

cause there's a legend about sirens singing that beautifully that sailors loose their course and sail towards them to be lost forever :wink2:

and this song is so seductive....if i was a sailor and heard it in the very bright morning at the ocean i would sail to it..." :wink2:

the difference is sirens singing is to manipulate and this singing is honest

and....someone posted in a humorous way that M should be dressed up like a mermaid...

IN FACT apart the humour I see a point here:wink2:

cause there's a legend about sirens singing that beautifully that sailors loose their course and sail towards them to be lost forever :wink2:

and this song is so seductive....if i was a sailor and heard it in the very bright morning at the ocean i would sail to it..." :wink2:

the difference is sirens singing is to manipulate and this singing is honest

He definitely can play a role of sailor :wink2:

2ba64622.jpg

"Fall back on one's feet" is a French expression indeed :biggrin2::lmfao:

Mika's childhood langage is French

Are you saying this is related to the line "fall to my feet"? Because it doesn't sound any more exact than the numerous English phrases. In English you could say "fall on your feet", "fall at your feet", "get back on your feet". But none of these phrases mean exactly "fall to my feet". I think he's just making it up, as he does. :naughty:

I am certain that Mika's childhood language is also English and he has no trouble expressing himself perfectly in prose. He just takes poetic license when he's writing poetry.

and Imma's wonderful, "sirens" vocaliza at the back..

by the way...I'd love to have Imma on this song on the record as backing vocalist

She was singing the backing line in Seoul, right?

it's wonderful. her voice is strong and wistful at the same time and always full of emotions....

it fits here

like in the new rain intro...I loved it...it created a new dimension....

and I prefer her backing vocals in happy ending during gigs...she makes it more real, stronger, more emotional, more "rough"

Do you still try to figure out this one sentence after " all what I see just amazes "? could it be that he sings " ... shot is leaving me wrong, now I know your amazing" ?

It's something very like that, Sabine. It could be "you shot and leaving me raw"

... even in this latest, very high quality video it's still not that easy to make out.

But I think I got everything else right! :thumb_yello:

[YOUTUBE]fOGoH1_exLc[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by dcdeb