I also believe this. :wink2: I love the music and his voice but I would love it even more with some different verses :biggrin2:

I'm sure there will be. I can't see him just repeating the 1st verse. Also, we know by now that Mika's songs are always a work in progress. He added that "ahh ahh oh" bit at the start of Kick-Ass. He's sung his songs in different ways on stage. At this point with Underwater, he's just testing it out and there will be another verse at least. I'm certain.

I'm sure there will be. I can't see him just repeating the 1st verse. Also, we know by now that Mika's songs are always a work in progress. He added that "ahh ahh oh" bit at the start of Kick-Ass. He's sung his songs in different ways on stage. At this point with Underwater, he's just testing it out and there will be another verse at least. I'm certain.

I hope so :mf_rosetinted:

I noticed the repetition only after listening to it for the N-th time, because I was just hearing the music and Mika's voice :wub2:

But now I think the song definitely lacks another verse.

I don't know why all off you need to analyze every detail from his song... :dunno: you like it, love it, or not.... that is that... He wanted to share new song with us!!! you don't need to be his English teacher :sneaky2:

We need to discuss every detail of the song in order to figure out the lyrics. If you don't care what the lyrics are (and what they may mean) you don't need to participate in the thread. That's what song threads are for. I don't think it's anyone's place to tell others how they should or shouldn't enjoy a song.

I don't know why all off you need to analyze every detail from his song... :dunno: you like it, love it, or not.... that is that... He wanted to share new song with us!!! you don't need to be his English teacher :sneaky2:

We need to discuss every detail of the song in order to figure out the lyrics. If you don't care what the lyrics are (and what they may mean) you don't need to participate in the thread. That's what song threads are for. I don't think it's anyone's place to tell others how they should or shouldn't enjoy a song.

Actually, not being a native english speaker, I think this kind of discussions is useful, in order to understand the lyrics. :dunno: I believe no-one is giving Mika english lessons, but especially for english native speakers (as they are more aware of the sematics and grammar issues), it's important to understand the lyrics correctly, that's it. For you (Mina Alisa) or me it may not make a difference, but it's always better to know exactly what he's trying to say.

You don't need to read the whole thing, you can always jump straight to the lyrics. :wink2:

Edited by Mary

But you have to agree he's in need of a few lessons, uh?:mf_rosetinted:

Just an aside, if you listen carefully to the recorded version of KickAss, the ahh ahh oh is in there running through the background of the track, he just brought it to the fore for the live gigs. Worked beautifully:thumb_yello:

I think he was testing Underwater to do it next weekend in Washington. Maybe he can see it has had a good reception, maybe he will do it in his set :dunno: It seems like just the right audience.

And Mina Alisa, a song thread is to discuss the song :doh: so what's your problem???

Nobody is trying to teach Mika English, just discussing how the particular phrase sounds, how it translates into other languages. Dissecting his music and lyrics amuses some of us MUCH more than dissecting his body parts.:aah:

Just an aside, if you listen carefully to the recorded version of KickAss, the ahh ahh oh is in there running through the background of the track, he just brought it to the fore for the live gigs. Worked beautifully:thumb_yello:

I think he was testing Underwater to do it next weekend in Washington. Maybe he can see it has had a good reception, maybe he will do it in his set :dunno: It seems like just the right audience.

And Mina Alisa, a song thread is to discuss the song :doh: so what's your problem???

Nobody is trying to teach Mika English, just discussing how the particular phrase sounds, how it translates into other languages. Dissecting his music and lyrics amuses some of us MUCH more than dissecting his body parts.:aah:

yes yes YES!!!!!

totally for dissecting his songs! and nothing else :naughty:

When I like some song I listen it and don't analyze everything, when I don't like song, I don't listen that song... This is just song that Mika sing for the first time... I love it. Many of his songs have a secret meaning and that is cool, and I think that should stay like that.

For you (Mina Alisa) or me it may not make a difference, but it's always better to know exactly what he's trying to say.

You don't need to read the whole thing, you can always jump straight to the lyrics. :wink2:

yes I know, I don't need to read what peeps talking about, but I am kinda :sad: because we all know Mika reads forum, and when he said that he doesn't know what he is going to do with BIOTW I was really :sad:

But you have to agree he's in need of a few lessons, uh?:mf_rosetinted:

hhmmm English is not my native language ... and I don't know anything :aah:

I give up!!! :mf_rosetinted:

When I like some song I listen it and don't analyze everything, when I don't like song, I don't listen that song... This is just song that Mika sing for the first time... I love it. Many of his songs have a secret meaning and that is cool, and I think that should stay like that.

yes I know, I don't need to read what peeps talking about, but I am kinda :sad: because we all know Mika reads forum, and when he said that he doesn't know what he is going to do with BIOTW I was really :sad:

Secrets exist to be revealed. :thumb_yello:

Well I certainly hope he does have better things to do than to read the forum. Like, say, finishing an album?:biggrin2:

Well I certainly hope he does have better things to do than to read the forum. Like, say, finishing an album?:biggrin2:

yes, I think he really doesn´t read forum now. Maybe he used to, I don´t know, but he´s too busy. Maybe his sisters do, or someone else, and they tell him what´s going on here sometimes. :dunno:

When I like some song I listen it and don't analyze everything, when I don't like song, I don't listen that song... This is just song that Mika sing for the first time... I love it.

I love it too. That's doesn't mean I don't want to discuss the lyrics, especially when we didn't know what they were at first because the live recording doesn't have the same clarity as a proper track and it was harder to decipher.

In any case you can enjoy the song any way you want but others are not obligated to do the same.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that if Mika doesn't use this song as one of the 12 tracks on the album it's because the people who don't think it's a strong enough song are actually right? That we represent a large part of Mika's potential audience and if we think it's too cheesy so will a lot of people? I mean if his own hardcore fans don't like it what does that say for the viability of the song?

I don't think Mika performs unreleased material in these situations because "he wants to share". He does it to test the song out and get feedback. The reaction of the audience to Underwater was palpable. I'm sure he can feel when it's working and when it isn't and doesn't need to consult people on a message board.

We have been discussing Mika's mystery lyrics on MFC since 2007 and it doesn't stop him from recording songs, so we're not going to censor threads because he might be reading.

Secrets exist to be revealed. :thumb_yello:

I like your thinking girl! That's my motto!! :roftl:

I don't think Mika performs unreleased material in these situations because "he wants to share". He does it to test the song out and get feedback. The reaction of the audience to Underwater was palpable. I'm sure he can feel when it's working and when it isn't and doesn't need to consult people on a message board.

The reaction from the Korean audience was very impressive, it was the very first time he performed it and the audience was not native English speaking, and it really sounded the whole audience started to sing the chorus parts :mf_lustslow: He must have felt how good the response was, and I'm sure someone has told him about positive feedback on twitter etc. He might do it in Washington, I hope we will get more videos... Any idea if there will be any official filming?

I think it's natural to analyze lyrics for his songs, we want to know them properly. I can't analyze every word myself (it's a language issue) but I usually read song threads.

Edited by tiibet

I love it too. That's doesn't mean I don't want to discuss the lyrics, especially when we didn't know what they were at first because the live recording doesn't have the same clarity as a proper track and it was harder to decipher.

In any case you can enjoy the song any way you want but others are not obligated to do the same.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that if Mika doesn't use this song as one of the 12 tracks on the album it's because the people who don't think it's a strong enough song are actually right? That we represent a large part of Mika's potential audience and if we think it's too cheesy so will a lot of people? I mean if his own hardcore fans don't like it what does that say for the viability of the song?

We have been discussing Mika's mystery lyrics on MFC since 2007 and it doesn't stop him from recording songs, so we're not going to censor threads because he might be reading.

I like your thinking girl! That's my motto!! :roftl:

Oh wait.. you mean he is not asking ME if I like or dislike the song so he can add it or not to the album???? pffff :shun:

He might do it in Washington, I hope we will get more videos... Any idea if there will be any official filming?

It sounds like he is only playing at the after party and not the actual event so I wouldn't expect it to be broadcast. But hopefully some You Tubers will be there. :biggrin2: