"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

To me THIS is the thing that is most "Mikaish" to me and why I prefer him to so many other artists. I can't stand listening to the same song over and over again. I think Coldplay is one of the most overrated bands in music today. They've been singing the same song for 10 years and it was a song they ripped off from U2 to start with. It's not that I hate the song but I don't understand how you can be a fan of this endless sameiness and want to keep buying it over and over again.

Couldn't agree more, especially with the bolded parts and also about Coldplay being overrated. :naughty:

As I said earlier, some bands can keep making the same songs for years and their music will still sell because they've reached a certain "legendary" status or they've become popular enough. Mika's not there, at least not yet, and to be honest I think he's going to have to work extremely hard to reach that point because his music has a lot of quirky elements that don't automatically appeal to the masses.

He's a very clever songwriter and understands how to construct a hit song though. That's what I like about his melodies: if you stripped them down they'd be really simple but the layers he adds give them an interesting twist. I was worried when he stated that TOOL would be more simple than the previous two albums but I'm liking the new direction a lot so far. We all know he's good at those piano-based pop songs - it's time for something new and fresh and that's what he's done.

If a singer can't entertain people with singing alone then something is missing. That's why so many no-talents need all these props and costumes. To distract people from the fact that their music is mediocre.

Karin I don't know when you saw George Michael but in 1987 he was anything but boring. :das: He had the same kind of energy as Mika and some better moves. :naughty: He's just older now and his music is more mellow but that's a different story.

I can't imagine anyone who has seen Adele was bored. The audience was leaping to their feet and cheering even when she was still sitting on a stool. :wink2:

For decades no one did these big shows with tons of props and dancers, etc. and people were still entertained. If you want to see a musical that's what the theatre is for. Concerts are for music. :dunno:

That's what I like about his melodies: if you stripped them down they'd be really simple but the layers he adds give them an interesting twist. I was worried when he stated that TOOL would be more simple than the previous two albums but I'm liking the new direction a lot so far.

Did you hear that he recently retracted that thing about the album being less layered and said he wished he'd never said it because it's very layered now?

One Foot Boy is one of my favourite tracks because of the layering.

Did you hear that he recently retracted that thing about the album being less layered and said he wished he'd never said it because it's very layered now?

One Foot Boy is one of my favourite tracks because of the layering.

I feel the same way about that, sometimes less really is more.

Just received an email from Mikasounds, tracklist for French 2nd CD:

CD 2

1. Karen

2. L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps

3. Un Soleil Mal Luné

4. Make You Happy (Cherokee Remix)

5. Celebrate (Robbie Rivera Remix)

6. Elle Me Dit (BeataCue Remix)

7. Make You Happy (LA Edit)

8. Tah Dah

EMD is on the 1st CD

CD 2

1. Karen

3. Un Soleil Mal Luné

8. Tah Dah

EMD is on the 1st CD

So there is no Emily? :sneaky2:

I wonder if Canada is getting some weird hybrid because the Universal order form said there were only 2 bonus French tracks. I suspect it's a mistake though and whoever wrote it doesn't realize that Karen is in French.

Just received an email from Mikasounds too, here's the tracklist of Italian Version:

http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/viewemail?con=6409469&cmp=7071&act=238541&sec=243bb3cbfe3c&webversionpage=1

The standard version features the following tracks:

1. Origin Of Love (Italian Edit)

2. Lola

3. Stardust (Italian Edit)

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

Order the deluxe record to get the standard CD, with a bonus disc featuring special acoustic versions of some of the album tracks as well as exclusive songs & remixes!

CD 1

Standard CD

CD 2

1. Celebrate (Acoustic)

2. Origin Of Love (Acoustic)

3. Kids (Acoustic)

4. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

5. Overrated (Acoustic)

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust (English Version)

9. Celebrate (Rivera Remix)

10. Origin Of Love (English Version)

We have 2 Italian Edit on first CD! I'm really curious to listen it :fangurl:

So there is no Emily? :sneaky2:

I wonder if Canada is getting some weird hybrid because the Universal order form said there were only 2 bonus French tracks. I suspect it's a mistake though and whoever wrote it doesn't realize that Karen is in French.

Emily is on the first CD :thumb_yello:

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

14. Elle Me Dit

No, I must've missed that! Thank you for clearing that up. :flowers2: It makes much more sense - after hearing MYH I remembered that comment and was very, very confused. :naughty:

I'm glad he hasn't tried to forcefully strip the songs into something very simple. Electronic music can be very shallow and cold if it doesn't have enough going on to keep it interesting, even if it's made with real instruments (or vegetables :teehee: ) to give it a more organic sound.

CD 2

1. Karen

3. Un Soleil Mal Luné

8. Tah Dah

EMD is on the 1st CD

So the acoustic versions won't be on the French edition? :sneaky2: I hoped for that. I really want the French songs, but the acoustic versions, too. And Emily. And who knows what for good things will be on the other country-deluxe-versions? I'm no millionaire :doh:

Edit: Okay, I've just read camilles second post. So Emily is on CD one. But nevertheless no acoustic versions :sneaky2:

Edited by DerMoment1608

I wonder what the difference will be between the Italian edits and the English versions. Mikasounds just sent me the UK tracklisting for some reason, I guess the Swedish version is the same?

Oh, and did anyone from Japan recieve info on the Japanese tracklisting? Curious about that one.

I received the mail mikasounds.com, shocked to discover that on the CD2 of the Deluxe version there's f***ing remix :sneaky2: I hate electro and dance music :sneaky2: Why there is no acoustic versions of songs such as the British edition :doh:

Emily is on the first CD :thumb_yello:

Ah thank you. I think it's still different from the Canadian version though because they mentioned live songs (presumably the acoustic ones). I'll just have to wait and see I guess. :naughty:

So the acoustic versions won't be on the French edition? :sneaky2: I hoped for that. I really want the French songs, but the acoustic versions, too. And Emily. And who knows what for good things will be on the other country-deluxe-versions? I'm no millionaire :doh:

Edit: Okay, I've just read camilles second post. So Emily is on CD one. But nevertheless no acoustic versions :sneaky2:

I had the same reaction :'( I was hoping for Accoustic + French songs + Tah Dah for the 2nd CD but ... I really don't need remixes =________=' Buying the UK Deluxe version only for the Accoustic songs sound a bit exagerated to me... I hope they'll be availible on Itunes as well...

Anyway, as Belgian, I'm not even sure we'll get the French version even if I REALLY hope so (Karen :wub2:)

Just received an email from Mikasounds too, here's the tracklist of Italian Version:

http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/viewemail?con=6409469&cmp=7071&act=238541&sec=243bb3cbfe3c&webversionpage=1

The standard version features the following tracks:

1. Origin Of Love (Italian Edit)

2. Lola

3. Stardust (Italian Edit)

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

Order the deluxe record to get the standard CD, with a bonus disc featuring special acoustic versions of some of the album tracks as well as exclusive songs & remixes!

CD 1

Standard CD

CD 2

1. Celebrate (Acoustic)

2. Origin Of Love (Acoustic)

3. Kids (Acoustic)

4. Love You When I'm Drunk (Acoustic)

5. Overrated (Acoustic)

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust (English Version)

9. Celebrate (Rivera Remix)

10. Origin Of Love (English Version)

We have 2 Italian Edit on first CD! I'm really curious to listen it :fangurl:

Maybe the versions we got to listen to in Milan? OOL was powerful! :wub2:

I don´t know how often I registered for news on Mikasounds but never got any emails from there. At least I got a birthday email last May. I did it again now an hope I will get an email too with the German version :wink2: