Private concert

Nadeshiko

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a Q&A in my mailbox regarding booking Kanye West for a private show and it linked to this. No Mika on the list but still interesting to see what people are charging...

http://prettypolly.com/show-other-avail-artist-list.php?openerurl=artist-availability.php

Really interesting ! And what's "Presidents of the United States" ? :shocked:

Really interesting ! And what's "Presidents of the United States" ? :shocked:

they're a band. they sang 'Lump' and 'Peaches' and some other songs that were pretty famous (around here in Nebraska anyway)

"She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she's in my head. She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she might be dead"

"Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory doooowntown... millions of peaches, peaches for me!"

ever heard them? :teehee:

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Presidents_of_the_United_States_of_America_(band)

they're a band. they sang 'Lump' and 'Peaches' and some other songs that were pretty famous (around here in Nebraska anyway)

"She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she's in my head. She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she might be dead"

Oh really? I was having a good laugh at the idea that you could book George Bush for $15K. :roftl:

Got a Q&A in my mailbox regarding booking Kanye West for a private show and it linked to this. No Mika on the list but still interesting to see what people are charging...

http://prettypolly.com/show-other-avail-artist-list.php?openerurl=artist-availability.php

oh :roftl:

TAYLOR SWIFT BIG $$$

Oh really? I was having a good laugh at the idea that you could book George Bush for $15K. :roftl:

However, I prefer Obama :teehee:

oh :roftl:

TAYLOR SWIFT BIG $$$

I wanted to make a surprise for my hubby,but Alicia Keys -$125k !! :shocked::mf_rosetinted:

o wow this was really interesting! thanks for sharing christine

rufus wainwright seems relatively affordable at 20-30k....:roftl::roftl: at adam sandler and usher - 'big $$$'

rufus wainwright seems relatively affordable at 20-30k....:roftl::roftl: at adam sandler and usher - 'big $$$'

"NAS 65K - 75K Select Fall dates available - Call for details"

wow Nas, you don't usually come cheap!

thanks for not charging us your normal rate :huglove:

"NAS 65K - 75K Select Fall dates available - Call for details"

wow Nas, you don't usually come cheap!

thanks for not charging us your normal rate :huglove:

:shocked::floor:

only on mfc though - if you wanted to meet me personally that would be the cost, yes :mf_rosetinted:

Whhhhhhaaaattttt!!!!! :swoon:

HOLY ******* ****!!!! S E R I O U S L Y!!!!!! You guys KNOW what I am thinking!!!! dcwuigcuiseh cseukcasd hdguioacv asgchacasdv :stretcher:

HOLY ******* ****!!!! S E R I O U S L Y!!!!!! You guys KNOW what I am thinking!!!! dcwuigcuiseh cseukcasd hdguioacv asgchacasdv :stretcher:

:naughty: i thought of you holly - obv :aah:

if you start a private-rufus-gig fund i'll throw in a few bucks...:wink2:

One lottery win and you could be there :thumb_yello:

"Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory doooowntown... millions of peaches, peaches for me!"

ever heard them? :teehee:

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Presidents_of_the_United_States_of_America_(band)

I was a really big fan of them back in the 90s! Peaches is one of the coolest music videos ever made. :roftl:

And now Volcano is going to be stuck in my head all evening. :biggrin2:

You're not tempted by Paolo Nutini at 25k?

Yeah I am :aah: I've got a couple of friends in Toronto who are huge fans too so I wouldn't be on my own there. Another MFCer, her brother in law was the promoter for Yelle when she toured Canada. Maybe he could help us put on a Paolo gig for the public and recoup some of the costs. :naughty:

I was lucky enough to see Paolo in a bookstore with about 100 people though so it's kind of the same thing. That and Mika's points gig were really great, I mean obviously it's really really great to see someone in an intimate setting like that. But I don't know if it's necessarily worth the big bucks. I think if you can travel a bit and really pay attention to an artist you can find these opportunities. I've also enjoyed real gigs more (not all of course but a few of them).

I guess if you are a fan of Madonna or any of the old school huge stars that is only a pipe dream but I think for younger/less popular performers you still have a reasonable chance to see them in smaller settings.

I went to an awesome house gig in London last year and if you could be guaranteed something like that with Mika or Rufus Wainwright it would be totally worth it but I don't think that's something you are guaranteed no matter how much money you spend. If you don't have a real rapport with the musicians or they are not super comfortable with just letting their hair down in a situation like that then it's not going to be any different than seeing them in a bookstore. :dunno:

I have to admit I'm not a great fan of huge gigs where you have to rely on screens to see what is happening, so I would much prefer to see an artist at a smaller show.

I've been to venues ranging from bars in pubs to big arenas and I have to agree that it's the rapport between the performer and the audience that makes the gig.

:naughty: i thought of you holly - obv :aah:

if you start a private-rufus-gig fund i'll throw in a few bucks...:wink2:

:das:

One lottery win and you could be there :thumb_yello:

My thought EXACTLY! I do play the lottery EVERY week - so you never know!!! If I ever Do win - you know what I am doing FIRST!!! :roftl:

Lottery? How about not blowing money on Mika gigs? I think between the two of us Holly and I could have bought Rufus already. :naughty:

I am SO much poorer then I was the last couple tours .... I will be SO lucky if I get to see Mika even once this time around. And the thought alone is killing me now!!! :aah:

Archived