2012 - Mika Co-Writes on New Madonna Album

Christine

Ugh it sounds horrid! :aah: I guess there's a good song in there but her vocals are terrible and there still isn't much in the way of melody. I much prefer the vocals and the ambiance in the final version but it would have been nice with the original concept/lyrics because the whole gang bang shooting thing is OTT.

Sounds like there is no "Mika demo" and it was only recorded with Priscilla singing.

I wonder how they go from this to what ended up on the record. I mean if you don't like the song why use it? :dunno:

Ugh it sounds horrid! :aah: I guess there's a good song in there but her vocals are terrible and there still isn't much in the way of melody. I much prefer the vocals and the ambiance in the final version but it would have been nice with the original concept/lyrics because the whole gang bang shooting thing is OTT.

Sounds like there is no "Mika demo" and it was only recorded with Priscilla singing.

I wonder how they go from this to what ended up on the record. I mean if you don't like the song why use it? :dunno:

I can't much hear her vocals in the final version and that's just fine :teehee: I mean it sounds she is mainly talking and there's so much other stuff around it. There can be a really good song there, William Orbit didn't sound pleased this version was leaked...

I can't much hear her vocals in the final version and that's just fine :teehee: I mean it sounds she is mainly talking and there's so much other stuff around it. There can be a really good song there, William Orbit didn't sound pleased this version was leaked...

Probably because it demonstrates how insignificant her talent is. I just don't get this industry of making stars out of people with no musical talent. Even if you want people with other qualities like confidence, good looks, ability to dance, etc...there are 7 billion people on this planet. Surely there are enough with all the other pop star potential and an ability to sing really well at the same time.

This serves to remind me why I love Mika (and Adele, Paolo Nutini, Rufus Wainwright, Amy Winehouse, et al) so much. They can write songs AND sing them. Madonna can do neither apparently.

So interesting that this has surfaced!

As someone else said, I can definitely "hear" Mika more in this version than

the song that ended up on Madonna's album. The lyrics sound more like something

he would pen, and the melody, though simplistic, reminds me a bit of some

other Mika tunes.

Yes, it's like movies that are "inspired by" a true story that end up

bearing absolutely no resemblance to what actually happened. These two

versions are so vastly different!

Probably because it demonstrates how insignificant her talent is. I just don't get this industry of making stars out of people with no musical talent. Even if you want people with other qualities like confidence, good looks, ability to dance, etc...there are 7 billion people on this planet. Surely there are enough with all the other pop star potential and an ability to sing really well at the same time.

This serves to remind me why I love Mika (and Adele, Paolo Nutini, Rufus Wainwright, Amy Winehouse, et al) so much. They can write songs AND sing them. Madonna can do neither apparently.

:thumb_yello:

So interesting that this has surfaced!

As someone else said, I can definitely "hear" Mika more in this version than

the song that ended up on Madonna's album. The lyrics sound more like something

he would pen, and the melody, though simplistic, reminds me a bit of some

other Mika tunes.

:thumb_yello:

Yes. I never thought this is the original demo because it sounds like a bad quality second hand recording

Most demos leaked are bad quality ones. :dunno: What I meant is that it does not sound like a 'demo' but a song that has already been recordeda and preoduced properly based on an original demo that is likely to have included vocals and a couple of instruments only.

I think this song may have been given to different people to work on (Madonna must have liked the lyrics) and they choose the dark version that ended up on the record. Or perhaps several people worked on it at different stages that's why the list of credits is longer than the song itself :naughty:

Probably because it demonstrates how insignificant her talent is. I just don't get this industry of making stars out of people with no musical talent.

In theory I agree. However, she does have a talent in spotting trends to choose the direction she is taking and people she needs to work with to make first class things for her.

Simply having talent is not necessarily enough. One having a vision and being in control is probably the most important thing.

Simply having talent is not necessarily enough. One having a vision and being in control is probably the most important thing.

Yes but that's what managers, record companies, etc. are for. I doubt that Justin Bieber knew what he was doing at 14. He just got lucky to be hooked up with the right people and Simon Cowell has shown that in today's environment you can make silk out of a sow's ear. If you can consider some of the tripe that makes it into the top 40 silk.

What I don't understand is why all these people don't choose silk as their base material to start with. With a population of 7 billion people and everyone wanting to be rich and famous there must be tens of thousands of people with all of Madonna's qualities + musical talent.

Most demos leaked are bad quality ones. :dunno: What I meant is that it does not sound like a 'demo' but a song that has already been recordeda and preoduced properly based on an original demo that is likely to have included vocals and a couple of instruments only.

That's true. Well, we don't know the origin or the exact purpose for it :dunno:

What I don't understand is why all these people don't choose silk as their base material to start with. With a population of 7 billion people and everyone wanting to be rich and famous there must be tens of thousands of people with all of Madonna's qualities + musical talent.

That's such a mystery indeed. Maybe "suitable/right" people simply don't always meet each other.

The YouTube user have deleted it by themself. I Don't know the reason...

That's because it is illegal to steal and make unreleased recordings public :wink2:

With a population of 7 billion people and everyone wanting to be rich and famous there must be tens of thousands of people with all of Madonna's qualities + musical talent.

Madonna did not start in today’s music business though. When she started out pop music was not completely standardized to the extent it is now, so her talent in being able to establish herself as a pop culture icon no-one else managed to do before made her stand out from the rest.

Her ability to select the right people around her and daring to be different was enough back then. Now there is a huge industry build around that with experts knowing what image and sounds works why , where and when and to which audience, others being able to use these established schemas in vision and sound (i.e. write the required work in any genre / create the image that works), and another group dealing with the process of finding the right ‘raw material’ (i.e. the artist) for their ideas.

I actually don’t think Madonna would make it today with the talent she had when she was young. What I find more worrying is that they have silk sometimes (e.g. Jessie J, Adam Lambert) but turn them into cheap pvc by not letting them find their own sound.

Edited by suzie

That's because it is illegal to steal and make unreleased recordings public :wink2:

I guess the YT ( Bang Bang Boom ) has been leaked and deleted by Mr.Orbit himself.

@williamorbit tweeted it "Bang Bang Boom" at 1hr before the YouTube had been uploaded.

https://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit/status/202177522891370497

I guess the YT ( Bang Bang Boom ) has been leaked and deleted by Mr.Orbit himself.

@williamorbit tweeted it "Bang Bang Boom" at 1hr before the YouTube had been uploaded.

:aah: There were more videos uploaded with the same title - I first found a different one, for example. I don't even think it was leaked via YT in the first place anyway.

Edited by suzie

What I find more worrying is that they have silk sometimes (e.g. Jessie J, Adam Lambert) but turn them into cheap pvc by not letting them find their own sound.

Yes. :sneaky2:

At least David Guetta knows what he's doing. This Sia song is the best dance track I've heard in a decade. If Mika records some electronic songs I hope they are as brilliant as this. Her vocals are as strong as they would be in any of her songs and the music is integral rather than sounding like someone took an acoustic song and overlaid it with some random mix.

[YOUTUBE]JRfuAukYTKg[/YOUTUBE]

At least David Guetta knows what he's doing. This Sia song is the best dance track I've heard in a decade.

oh, is this David Guetta? I would have never guessed as I don't really like him but this one sounds great. I heard this track a couple of times and saw bits of the video on tv but never managed to find out who the performer was. I totally agree with you on this one being a brilliant, state-of-the-art dance track.

I also think that there is more to explore in dance / electro music for Mika than trying to keep his head above water in the current pop scene as creativity pays off better in the former at the moment.

Edited by suzie

Yes. :sneaky2:

At least David Guetta knows what he's doing. This Sia song is the best dance track I've heard in a decade. If Mika records some electronic songs I hope they are as brilliant as this. Her vocals are as strong as they would be in any of her songs and the music is integral rather than sounding like someone took an acoustic song and overlaid it with some random mix..

oh, is this David Guetta? I would have never guessed as I don't really like him but this one sounds great. I heard this track a couple of times and saw bits of the video on tv but never managed to find out who the performer was. I totally agree with you on this one being a brilliant, state-of-the-art dance track.

I also think that there is more to explore in dance / electro music for Mika than trying to keep his head above water in the current pop scene as creativity pays off better in the former at the moment.

I´m so happy to read David´s name here. David Guetta was at el Hormiguero (as Mika did) and they asked him to do the same as Mika, and here you are the result :aah: (we must admit he did it quite better than Mika LOL)

[YOUTUBE]PtYn87twzw4[/YOUTUBE]

This song way batter than the result!!

absolutely agree! :thumb_yello: some parts of the demo remind me a bit of kick ass.

pfft, they've ruined mika's beautiful song. :sneaky2:

but well... guess it's still an honour for him that one of his songs is on madonna's album.

thanx for posting about the demo!

I´m so happy to read David´s name here. David Guetta was at el Hormiguero (as Mika did) and they asked him to do the same as Mika, and here you are the result :aah: (we must admit he did it quite better than Mika LOL)

Oh I never saw Mika doing this. I couldn't sit through that whole thing. :aah:

David Guetta looks like he's enjoying himself though. :naughty:

absolutely agree! :thumb_yello: some parts of the demo remind me a bit of kick ass.

pfft, they've ruined mika's beautiful song. :sneaky2:

but well... guess it's still an honour for him that one of his songs is on madonna's album.

thanx for posting about the demo!

That was exactly my thoughts! I mean, they've ruined his beautiful song! On the other hand, it was some nice publicity for him, maybe useful when the new album comes out.

That was exactly my thoughts! I mean, they've ruined his beautiful song! On the other hand, it was some nice publicity for him, maybe useful when the new album comes out.

Yes I think it will probably be mentioned everywhere he goes.

Oh I never saw Mika doing this. I couldn't sit through that whole thing. :aah:

David Guetta looks like he's enjoying himself though. :naughty:

Here you are Mika doing the same as David

[YOUTUBE]5dMv38fuhik[/YOUTUBE]

Damn, now after watching David he looks a bit silly :aah:

Here you are Mika doing the same as David

[YOUTUBE]5dMv38fuhik[/YOUTUBE]

Damn, now after watching David he looks a bit silly :aah:

At first he looks like a very brilliant scientist haha, but he looks completly crazy afterwards hahaha never seen that video thank you :aah: