Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

yeah,it's really interesting how many people who bought licm are totally surprised if i tell them that mika has a 2nd album as well. just recently talked to a guy who said he LOVED licm,but he never heard about tbwktm. unfortunately it's not only a question of what taste the fans or listeners have,but also a question of taste of media people. :aah:

True. He needs more exposure in mainstream media.

There were some fans trying to raise some 'awareness' about Mika's music during the second album (I am thinking of various campaigns by Marilyn or Ingie, for example) but let's face it, they did not have a big impact - still worth it, of course.

I don't think it is much needed for him to get his name more well-known and perhaps the people he has worked with on this album as well as the song he wrote for Madonna may gain him some credibility with decision makers in the media this time.:dunno: His new songs simply need to make it to the playlist of radio stations in the UK and the rest will follow.

Edited by suzie

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I've been thinking about this recently.

Most people know LICM. Most people don't know TBWKTM.

Which way is TOOL going to go?

Hopefully somewhere in the middle. A number one single wouldn't come amiss, but if mika was as well-known as -say-Adele, he wouldn't be exclusive and special. Real fans and people who 'go with the flow' would be merged.

I've just read ' The Fault in Our Stars' ( John Green) which is an incredible book. I'm not sure about this, but I almost feel the book is too well known.

One of the messages in it is that you don't have to be famous to be a hero or to leave a legacy. As in, giving a lot to a few is better than giving a little to many. As long as mika makes good songs and has enough to keep the songs coming, I think we ( as his fans) should really be happy.

I'm feeling quite philosophical now...

Edited by Ellenowl

LIIIIIIIIIIIAR!!!:mikacool:

Somehow, I knew *you'd* say that. :annoyed_h4h:

:naughty:

Everyone changes and evolves as we tumble through life.

In my opinion, people who got lost after his second album didn't really belong to his fanbase, so to say. Or they actually DID, but they decided to step off from Mikaland for different reasons, certainly not because of lack of promotion.

I'm sure there were many reasons Mika lost fans after the second album

-- and while I don't think the way it was promoted (or not promoted, as

the case may be) caused him to lose fans, it certainly didn't GAIN him

any fans, in my opinion.

But that's all water under the bridge now... all we can hope for is a better

end result this time out of the gate!

All I know is I'm going to support the guy forever, and that doesn't mean I'm always going to be attending his gigs, that doesn't mean I'm going to always like what he does (I somehow suspect I will, anyhow), it means I will always follow his moves and appreciate what he does artistically.

I know I'm going to be interested in whatever he does, be it a single in French or a whole musical in Polish. Just because of his art.

Yes, you know, I agree with this. I find him interesting, and as I've said

from the beginning -- that is, when I first found out about Mika -- I'm

always curious to see what he's going to do next. I may not love it 100

percent, but I'm pretty sure it's never going to be boring. :thumb_yello:

From Facebook:

We promised you another announcement - MIKA is playing MOSCOW! On 21st July, Mika will take to the stage at Moscow's Afisha Picnic, for what promises to be another amazing show. The event is all ages, full details are available here: http://www.melnitsa.pro/picnic2012 and tickets will be available here: http://concert.ru/Details.aspx?ActionID=22506

BUT because we are so good to you, we have a pair of tickets to give away! To be in with a chance of winning, just email your name, age, guest's name and age, address and contact number to mikacompetition@gmail.com by Tuesday night (tomorrow,5th June) and we'll announce the winner on Wednesday. As always, the prize is the tickets only, so you'll need to make your own travel arrangemets to get to and from the event. GOOD LUCK!

I was so glad and I was so inflated from the news that I didn't see any words of the text. Now I thinking on sober look . What I see now http://www.melnitsa.pro/picnic2012 1) There is some info about the musicians under their pics . Under Mika's pic is nothing. 2) Their names written of in bold http://concert.ru/Details.aspx?ActionID=22506. But Mika has a postscript at the end of the text only. With standard small type. 3) Mikasounds is silent...

I think, His arrival has not yet agreed upon on all 100%

PS: I don't understand how anyone can think Mika sounds like a woman in Relax:dunno:

"now" I can´t understand it either. But I´m not the only one, I´ve been playing Mika´s songs to my friends since the first moment and many of them were like "oh, then it´s a guy :aah:"

I find him interesting, and as I've said

I´m going to support Mika but I´m not interested in everything he does. In fact I don´t have the Songs for Sorrow, I totally dislike those draws... (Do I need to say "sorry" now? Ok, sorry!!). But I thought I was interested in his music till that Gang Bang son appeared. Man... I didn´t even bother to listen to the entire song. First of all, he said Madonna (or her producers, I don´t mind) changed it a lot (I became less interested than I was, and I wasn´t that much at the beginning), then the song appeared and they started to say it wasn´t going to be on the album (interest decreasing a bit more) then the song appears and I start to listen to it while reading the lyrics.... :shocked:. "Ok, I don´t like it, no matter if Mika himself wrote it from the bottom of his heart, no way I´m going to listen to it till the end!!". Then the Priscilla´s version appeared and you all said it sounded much better... but this time I didn´t even clicked on the link. But I do like Mika, I swear!! But I know I won´t like everything he´ll do. In fact I´m sure I won´t bother to watch/listen anything he might do if it´s not "him" who performs it himself. I think it´s the same with his songs. I love almost all of them, but I don´t play his songs while I´m alone at home. I have a folder with lots of songs, including Daniel Powter, David Guetta, Crowded House, Janis Joplin etc, and these songs are the ones I listen to. But in the other hand, I would never go to a gig of any of those (less Janis if I could) while I´ve been travelling to see Mika since the first moment... Yeah, ok, I act odd.... *sighs* I´m an MFCer, what did you expect? :mf_rosetinted:

Somehow, I knew *you'd* say that. :annoyed_h4h:

:naughty:

I'm sure there were many reasons Mika lost fans after the second album

-- and while I don't think the way it was promoted (or not promoted, as

the case may be) caused him to lose fans, it certainly didn't GAIN him

any fans, in my opinion.

But that's all water under the bridge now... all we can hope for is a better

end result this time out of the gate!

I'm like an open book! - you will hear for it, for looooooong time:naughty:

True. He needs more exposure in mainstream media.

There were some fans trying to raise some 'awareness' about Mika's music during the second album (I am thinking of various campaigns by Marilyn or Ingie, for example) but let's face it, they did not have a big impact - still worth it, of course.

I don't think it is much needed for him to get his name more well-known and perhaps the people he has worked with on this album as well as the song he wrote for Madonna may gain him some credibility with decision makers in the media this time.:dunno: His new songs simply need to make it to the playlist of radio stations in the UK and the rest will follow.

Well the thing is, if the media arn't bothering with Mika, the fans have to try to make people know he's still popular.

The Glee show would have been so good for Mika's profile, both in USA nd in the UK. Lots of people watched the show and the songs they sang were popular. You've only got to think of how Don't Stop Believing has been played so much ever since. They featured artists like Madonna and GaGa and some of us believed that if we could get them to feature Mika, either by singing his songs, or even getting him onto the show, it would do his career and status the world of good.

The sad thing is that very few fans got involved. The ones who did were wonderful, but few and far between. If every fan on this forum had tweeted @GLEEonFOX just once, and added the GLEEneedsMIKA trend, I think we could have made a difference.

He SHOULD deffinately have been in that Jubilee concert last night, because, if it was about 60 years of pop, GK at least should have been sung there. It was a huge hit, and so was LICM!

i think there was a bit of publicity about TBWKTM, but it was probably not enough. However, I think Mika is doing the right thing by using his facebook, rather than his website, to anounce things. He'll get way more hits on fb, than on ms.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

not glee, seriously!:sneaky2:

Yeah, I'd have loved to see Mika there last night, but I saw Stevie Wonder on TV so I'm satisfied.:blush-anim-cl: Would be good to have somebody else great (I didn't see Paul McCartney or Tom Jones)

Well the thing is, if the media arn't bothering with Mika, the fans have to try to make people know he's still popular.

The Glee show would have been so good for Mika's profile, both in USA nd in the UK. Lots of people watched the show and the songs they sang were popular. You've only got to think of how Don't Stop Believing has been played so much ever since. They featured artists like Madonna and GaGa and some of us believed that if we could get them to feature Mika, either by singing his songs, or even getting him onto the show, it would do his career and status the world of good.

The sad thing is that very few fans got involved. The ones who did were wonderful, but few and far between. If every fan on this forum had tweeted @GLEEonFOX just once, and added the GLEEneedsMIKA trend, I think we could have made a difference.

He SHOULD deffinately have been in that Jubilee concert last night, because, if it was about 60 years of pop, GK at least should have been sung there. It was a huge hit, and so was LICM!

i think there was a bit of publicity about TBWKTM, but it was probably not enough. However, I think Mika is doing the right thing by using his facebook, rather than his website, to anounce things. He'll get way more hits on fb, than on ms.

well, it's hard to decide for people on the forum what is important and what isn't... in germany, glee isn't important. i've seen it in the tv programme on one of those second-class-channels that broadcast children's series all day, but never watched it and never read any media articles about it. so when i read on mfc or twitter about getting mika on glee, i thought, why invest time to get him on a program that no one watches? i had no idea that it's such a big thing in other countries. and then you have those votings for twitter, which definitely aren't very important anywhere in the world... it's fantastic that you have the time and energy to find all those voting sites and keep voting regularly, and there was a time (when the last album was out) when i did the same. but most people have so much to do that this voting stuff usually isn't on their minds every day.

so maybe if something is really very important like you said it's the case with glee, you should talk to the mfc mods that they open a top news thread about it? this shouldn't happen more than 1-2 times a year, otherwise it gets too much for most people, like on the voting thread. of course you're right, if everyone on mfc voted for a certain thing, we could achieve something. but you can't expect everyone to vote all the time on websites that get only visited by hardcore fans of the artists that are featured there. if something is really relevant, people have to be made aware of the fact that it's not just another one of those "usual" votings. :wink2:

LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION WAS AWESOME

THE BOY WHO KNEW TOO MUCH WAS ALSO AWESOME

i like MIKA becuase when u listen to some singers first album's songs and the second album's songs they r mostly not alike

i mean once they get success through the first one they just make the second album according to the trend and stuff but MIKA's music always sounds happy

and dancy and real , ELLE ME DIT is also the same it didnt change

the music is happy and incredible

I LOVE HIM FOR THAT REASON :mikadas:

Don't you think that's because you are anticipating that he will eventually come around and do something that you WILL love 100%? I mean honestly I could not tolerate another several YEARS of clown pics and white tights and French theme parks and weak songs written with some random French guy instead of Jodi Marr, Nick Littlemore et al without the promise of a real album at the "top of the year". I just can't maintain an interest in these things that don't interest me in the slightest, indefinitely. It doesn't matter how much I have loved what Mika has done in the past or how much I like him as a person.

Mikasounds is silent...

I think, His arrival has not yet agreed upon on all 100%

Facebook is Mikasounds now for all intents and purposes. This is Team Mika confirming the date. They are giving away a pair of tickets for the event. Nothing can ever be confirmed 100% until Mika sets foot on the stage, but this is as close as you can get.

The Glee show would have been so good for Mika's profile, both in USA nd in the UK. Lots of people watched the show and the songs they sang were popular. You've only got to think of how Don't Stop Believing has been played so much ever since.

Yes you are right about that and also Mika seems to like the show and would have been pleased. But for me personally I think Glee and what they do to classic songs like Don't Stop Believing is an abomination. This is one of the greatest songs of all time and they completely ruined it, so I have mixed feelings about them popularizing Mika's songs. I do applaud your efforts though and I think Mellody is right that a distinction has to be made between things that could really help Mika like getting his music on a TV show and voting on Twitter polls that no one sees, when trying to rally fans together.

So I guess the second "news" will be the column...:fisch:

But I do hope I am wrong :mf_rosetinted:

Column/Mika's tweets/the article about Katy/another concert date... You can choose :naughty:

Yeah, I've been thinking about this recently.

Most people know LICM. Most people don't know TBWKTM.

Which way is TOOL going to go?

Hopefully somewhere in the middle.

A number one single wouldn't come amiss, but if mika was as well-known as -say-Adele, he wouldn't be exclusive and special. Real fans and people who 'go with the flow' would be merged. ...

I actually do not understand why the lack of success would make Mika ‘special’. :dunno:

I read this view on MFC earlier ( some fans being afraid of Mika becoming ‘too successful’ and performing to larger audiences) and I can’t help thinking it is more about the front row spots and them feeling ‘special’ as the fewer people attend gigs the more time Mika may have for them. :pinkbow:

I don’t think commercial success necessarily changes people or their music and neither does it necessarily require artists to compromise in their ‘art’. Has Adele changed after her success in the US, for example? No. The only thing that may have changed is that tickets to her shows can be sold to tens of thousands of people but she still performs at smaller places and her tickets are likely to sell out much quicker than a couple of years ago. The positive side is that those showing even some limited interest in music have now heard of her and know several of her songs. This fact itself has no direct impact on either her personality or her ‘art’.

you don't have to be famous to be a hero or to leave a legacy. As in, giving a lot to a few is better than giving a little to many. As long as mika makes good songs and has enough to keep the songs coming, I think we ( as his fans) should really be happy.

Except when it comes to a stage where the record company drops him –which I don’t see a danger of at this moment. However, should Mika prefer to sing in his bedroom or to a handful of people in a smoky club he would not have planned to perform in front of some 30,000 people last year in France and I don’t think he was pleased to hear that his tickets were not selling. I think most artists in any area want the public to have as much exposure to their work as possible and it is the level of compromise they make that differentiates how hard they try.

Column/Mika's tweets/the article about Katy/another concert date... You can choose :naughty:

Now what if it was a concert date in Lithuania? Would you find it so boring then? :mf_rosetinted:

I know people want news about music but for the people who get to see the gigs, a new date is very exciting news, even moreso than an album I'd say.

Facebook is Mikasounds now for all intents and purposes. This is Team Mika confirming the date. They are giving away a pair of tickets for the event. Nothing can ever be confirmed 100% until Mika sets foot on the stage, but this is as close as you can get.

I couldn't resist, not wanted wait. I bought a ticket:aah:

Don't you think that's because you are anticipating that he will eventually come around and do something that you WILL love 100%? I mean honestly I could not tolerate another several YEARS of clown pics and white tights and French theme parks and weak songs written with some random French guy instead of Jodi Marr, Nick Littlemore et al without the promise of a real album at the "top of the year". I just can't maintain an interest in these things that don't interest me in the slightest, indefinitely. It doesn't matter how much I have loved what Mika has done in the past or how much I like him as a person.

I love watching what he does, whatever it is. I don't actually love clown pics, but they tell about his love to circus/circus theme, and I do find everything circus related quite fascinating. I read so many books about circus life as a child, and I love knowing he finds it fascinating too... So for me it's not only about a clown pic, it's the whole thought behind it :wub2:

Also, I'm not specially in love with his white tights, but I LOVE it that he can wear white ridiculous tights and not care at all, lol, just sing with lots of energy. And I love his songs and when I saw M-A set I thought it was nicely built around his old songs even it had nothing to do with them (it fit really well to some of the venues and new songs).

So I guess I partly (most times) love what he is doing and partly love watching what he is doing.

so maybe if something is really very important like you said it's the case with glee, you should talk to the mfc mods that they open a top news thread about it? this shouldn't happen more than 1-2 times a year, otherwise it gets too much for most people, like on the voting thread. of course you're right, if everyone on mfc voted for a certain thing, we could achieve something. but you can't expect everyone to vote all the time on websites that get only visited by hardcore fans of the artists that are featured there. if something is really relevant, people have to be made aware of the fact that it's not just another one of those "usual" votings. :wink2:

I understand what you saying, Marilyn. I missed this Glee tweeting because I didn't understand it could be important. I have only recently watched Glee seasons 1 & 2 and I must say I find it really entertaining (even they do ruin some songs!) and I agree that it could have been good promotion to him and a lot of fun. Also, I agree with Mellody about her idea to inform fans about really useful votings :thumb_yello:

I actually do not understand why the lack of success would make Mika ‘special’. :dunno:

I read this view on MFC earlier ( some fans being afraid of Mika becoming ‘too successful’ and performing to larger audiences) and I can’t help thinking it is more about the front row spots and them feeling ‘special’ as the fewer people attend gigs the more time Mika may have for them. :pinkbow:

I don’t think commercial success necessarily changes people or their music and neither does it necessarily require artists to compromise in their ‘art’. Has Adele changed after her success in the US, for example? No.

Adele hasn't changed a bit. I felt some disappointment when they moved my gig from a club to an arena and I felt proprietary when there were thousands of fans in the audience instead of hundreds. I couldn't help thinking where the hell were all of you in 2008 when I was here supporting her? :sneaky2:

But I don't think I could have felt any more pride and happiness for a "stranger" than I did seeing her triumph at Royal Albert Hall and the BRITS and seeing her arms full of so many Grammys she could barely hold on to them all for the photos. I don't think there is anything that can demonstrate how special an artist is than the fact that they can connect with millions and millions of people that way. There is only a small group of singers in the world who have accomplished that and If that doesn't make her special I don't know what does.

We got a taste of that with Mika with his early success in Britain and his quick rise in France. I would love to see him with an armful of Grammys even if it means sharing him with an arena full of people.

I think many fans see it that to attract a really large audience he should make more mainstream/less "weird" music, meaning maybe less falsetto, maybe less weird lyrics/stories etc and those are the elements many fans specially love in his music.

Now what if it was a concert date in Lithuania? Would you find it so boring then? :mf_rosetinted:

I know people want news about music but for the people who get to see the gigs, a new date is very exciting news, even moreso than an album I'd say.

Ha! Actually I was thinking about this yesterday, and I seriously would prefer some news on the album than an announcement about a gig here :teehee: Maybe I would think differently if I wouldn't be going to the Tallinn gig :naughty: I just really really really want some news about the album this time, sorry for being selfish :naughty:

I´m going to support Mika but I´m not interested in everything he does. In fact I don´t have the Songs for Sorrow, I totally dislike those draws... (Do I need to say "sorry" now? Ok, sorry!!).

I don't accept your apology :shun: (:roftl:)

... But I do like Mika, I swear!! But I know I won´t like everything he´ll do. In fact I´m sure I won´t bother to watch/listen anything he might do if it´s not "him" who performs it himself. I think it´s the same with his songs. I love almost all of them, but I don´t play his songs while I´m alone at home. I have a folder with lots of songs, including Daniel Powter, David Guetta, Crowded House, Janis Joplin etc, and these songs are the ones I listen to. But in the other hand, I would never go to a gig of any of those (less Janis if I could) while I´ve been travelling to see Mika since the first moment... Yeah, ok, I act odd.... *sighs* I´m an MFCer, what did you expect? :mf_rosetinted:

I most certainly don't think you are alone with that. You simply can differentiate between Mika's songs/performances and Mika's personality/charisma. You may like him as a person and appreciate his talent but can identify the gaps vs your expectations and decide if a particular song pleases you or it does not. The good news is that the majortiy of the population can make that difference, no need to apologise. :teehee:

Don't you think that's because you are anticipating that he will eventually come around and do something that you WILL love 100%? I mean honestly I could not tolerate another several YEARS of clown pics and white tights and French theme parks and weak songs written with some random French guy instead of Jodi Marr, Nick Littlemore et al without the promise of a real album at the "top of the year". I just can't maintain an interest in these things that don't interest me in the slightest, indefinitely.
:lmfao: You summed it up really well :roftl:

It is unbelievable but yesterday I was trying to figure out if he could possibly do a festival (Sziget or the free one in Budapest) here in Hungary again ... I find it unlikely but haven't ruled them out yet. :teehee:

We got a taste of that with Mika with his early success in Britain and his quick rise in France. I would love to see him with an armful of Grammys even if it means sharing him with an arena full of people.

Totally agree with this. And if he will be really successful by doing exactly what he wants everything is fine. Sometimes I just have a feeling he likes to do/enjoy doing so many things and is different than Adele (who is purely concentrating on her music that brings her success).

I couldn't resist, not wanted wait. I bought a ticket:aah:

Ha! I don't blame you. I would not wait either. :wink2:

I love watching what he does, whatever it is. I don't actually love clown pics, but they tell about his love to circus/circus theme, and I do find everything circus related quite fascinating. I read so many books about circus life as a child, and I love knowing he finds it fascinating too... So for me it's not only about a clown pic, it's the whole thought behind it :wub2:

Yes I get that. I just have no interest in the circus or high fashion and my interest in illustration and costumes is relatively limited, etc. I'm not saying Mika should not be interested in these things or that other fans should not be as well. I'm sure many people who are closer to his age, more artistic, etc. relate to Mika's interests more than I do, and good for them! But my commonality with Mika is good pop and dance music and I am not going to maintain an interest in all these other things just because Mika likes them and I like him. I am curious enough to check things out and was especially so in the early days, but I just want some more music at this point and don't care about his extra curricular activities unless it's something I find inherently interesting.

I don't accept your apology :shun: (:roftl:)

I most certainly don't think you are alone with that. You simply can differentiate between Mika's songs/performances and Mika's personality/charisma. You may like him as a person and appreciate his talent but can identify the gaps vs your expectations and decide if a particular song pleases you or it does not. The good news is that the majortiy of the population can make that difference, no need to apologise. :teehee:

And I also think his sweat doesn´t smell like parfum :mf_rosetinted:

And I thank God he doesn´t pee the crowd as Marilyn Manson does :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, I´m that weird :mf_rosetinted:

Ha! I don't blame you. I would not wait either. :wink2:

Yes I get that. I just have no interest in the circus or high fashion and my interest in illustration and costumes is relatively limited, etc. I'm not saying Mika should not be interested in these things or that other fans should not be as well. I'm sure many people who are closer to his age, more artistic, etc. relate to Mika's interests more than I do, and good for them! But my commonality with Mika is good pop and dance music and I am not going to maintain an interest in all these other things just because Mika likes them and I like him. I am curious enough to check things out and was especially so in the early days, but I just want some more music at this point and don't care about his extra curricular activities unless it's something I find inherently interesting.

Same here.