Mika to perform at White Nights Festival 2012, Russia

Droopsy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw on the official site of the "White Nights Festival" that there will be a webcast so maybe we could see mika's performance online :crossed:

That would be great, even though we don't know (yet) when he'll be on :teehee:

Ice Palace is great. There must be many spectators.

* Here, a description of the festival. This is a something " bourgeois" ...

http://peterburg2.ru/events/83588.html#/attachment/b624a6d4fcd2/600x3508/01.jpg

There is a button "to order tickets." Yellow. But this festival is not on the site when I clicked on the link to order tickets.

"The program of the Festival: Competition for Young Performers, performances of world-class foreign stars, charitable programs and social projects. Among the guests of honor - Michael BOLTON, Paula ABDUL, ANASTACIA, Natalie IMBRUGLIA, MIKA, Simple Minds, David HASSELHOFF, Spandau Ballet, Joss STONE, and many others."

"Every year in the number of honorary members of the jury and the distinguished guests of the festival there are members of the royal families of Holland, Monaco, England, the Ministers of Culture of the European states, mayors of sister cities of St. Petersburg, as well as representatives from the world-famous media Billboard, Hollywood Reporter, Music & Media."

If I am not mistaken, this is an event for fat cats. Well, I'll be glad if Mika will perform there. This is useful for Him. A good advertising.

Wow, sounds like a posh event! It's such a strange line-up, I'd never expect these people to perform at the same event. (read: david hasselhoff??!)

I found it. Yes, it's a bourgeois event. We must make a request. Admission by invitation only. If there are empty seats, "we will contact you."

Thank you, Lena :wub2: Now we can be calm! It's not for simple people like us...

I read that there is writing. On all questions are answered "Entrance by invitation only.

Please send requests for blabla@blablabla.ru, if the committee will be able to provide prompt, then you will be contacted. ". All kinds of rich people at the tables... and other sludge. I'm not worried anymore.

Okay, I have a good mood again. There are unrealistic and inaccessible things that upset does not make sense. "White Nights" in this category. I do not have enough money to get invitation to the closed event.

I have already counted the possibility of journey if it was an ordinary festival. I wanted to calm down, count my cash and/or borrow money and go for train tickets. But at the expense of the Moscow festival. It's good, I did not have to do it now. He made ​​me mad. I was on the verge of hysteria ...

Wow, sounds like a posh event! It's such a strange line-up, I'd never expect these people to perform at the same event. (read: david hasselhoff??!)

i met David Hasselhoff when I was 11 years old because he was a doctor on a soap opera and made an appearance at a mall in Toronto. 30 years later he is performing at the same event as Mika? :roftl: His singing career is considered a joke here. No one can believe people listen to him in Europe.

i met David Hasselhoff when I was 11 years old because he was a doctor on a soap opera and made an appearance at a mall in Toronto. 30 years later he is performing at the same event as Mika? :roftl: His singing career is considered a joke here. No one can believe people listen to him in Europe.

When I was 15.5 years old, I was at a gig from Hasselhoff. But only because the daughter of my parents friend's wanted to go (she was 11) and they were glad that they could sent me with her :mf_rosetinted:

When I was 15.5 years old, I was at a gig from Hasselhoff. But only because the daughter of my parents friend's wanted to go (she was 11) and they were glad that they could sent me with her :mf_rosetinted:

I am so sorry for you. :teehee:

I thought he was popular in Germany. Well relative speaking anyway. :teehee:

um yes, WAS. he's a joke here now as well, but in the 80s/beginning of the 90s he was very popular here because of the tv-series "knight rider", and because of the song "looking for freedom" - it fitted well to the times, re. berlin wall etc.. i was a big knight rider fan as well back then, at the age of around 12-14 (i mean really, who wouldn't want a car like K.I.T.T.?! :naughty:), and i went to his concert in munich in '89 or '90 i think. he filled the olympiahalle back then, that's more than mika has achieved in munich so far. :aah: (it was the venue where the mtv awards took place in 2007, where mika performed). anyway, can't remember much of the gig except that the knight rider car was on stage for the last song(s), i think i was more a fan of that car than of david. :roftl:

so well, i have mixed feelings about him, on the one hand he's kinda "cult", on the other hand he should just realize that his times are over and retire, it'd be better for everyone. :teehee:

I dunno, I only know him from baywatch :lmfao: Never heard him on the radio as far as I know :aah:

so well, i have mixed feelings about him, on the one hand he's kinda "cult", on the other hand he should just realize that his times are over and retire, it'd be better for everyone. :teehee:

Yes I feel the same way about Madonna, nevermind David Hasselhoff. :teehee:

I dunno, I only know him from baywatch :lmfao: Never heard him on the radio as far as I know :aah:

This was his Young and the Restless days.

hoff.jpg

Sorry for the off topic but it doesn't look like anyone from MFC will be at this gig anyway. :aah:

He's popular here in the UK, as Scott Mills befriended him, and now he could be on any show he wants to be on, pretty much.

His singing career is considered a joke here. No one can believe people listen to him in Europe.

um yes, WAS. he's a joke here now as well, but in the 80s/beginning of the 90s he was very popular here because of the tv-series "knight rider", and because of the song "looking for freedom" - it fitted well to the times, re. berlin wall etc..

Yes, that is it. He is a laughing stock now but Knight Rider was a really popular tv series in the 'bloc countries' as well (including Russia it seems) and since he had this catchy (yet painfully bad :teehee: ) song titled 'I've Been Looking for Freedom,' he was somehow considered to be the obvious choice to perform in Berlin when the demolition of the wall started in a large scale ceremony. (Actually, I always thought he was German, because of his name - never watched the series.)

Yes I feel the same way about Madonna, nevermind David Hasselhoff. :teehee:

This was his Young and the Restless days.

hoff.jpg

Sorry for the off topic but it doesn't look like anyone from MFC will be at this gig anyway. :aah:

ah ok, NOW I know him :naughty:

He's popular here in the UK, as Scott Mills befriended him, and now he could be on any show he wants to be on, pretty much.

Yes that's true. He was on Britain's Got Talent as a judge for a season. But Simon is back now.

I liked The Hoff in Baywatch and Knight Rider, but he needs to bow out gracefully now, just like Tom Jones should aswell.

Is it Mika on his way to Russia to performs in that festival, or it was a joke?? :dunno: do you know something? :blink:

It's not a joke. The drummer said the other day that they were going to Russia.

Is it Mika on his way to Russia to performs in that festival, or it was a joke?? :dunno: do you know something? :blink:

since this wasnt yesterday, I guess it'll take place tomorrow because this is the last day of the festival.

I thought that we immediately decided that it would be July 8:wink2:

Today on TV showed the opening of the festival. They said it was a charity auction... No more any spare invitations... All the money will be sent to children's hospitals in St. Petersburg. And they showed some ancient celebrities:teehee: