Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

I listened to recorded TOOL a few times now and decided that I like it. I must say I still love the live version, but this one's good too. I like to be able to understand the lyrics, and: great plus he doesn't sing off key (sorry Mika:blush-anim-cl:)

Jemma Fabuleux ‏@jemisfab

Mika just dedicated TOOL to the 'Man I Love' I'm so happy he's happy love you @mikasounds x

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

I always hear ' the man I love' instead of 'the one I love' when he sings it anyway. :naughty:

But you are right - that was really nice.

And I will keep my theories to myself after upsetting you the other night. :naughty:

Mika just dedicated TOOL to the 'Man I Love' I'm so happy he's happy love you @mikasounds x

I'm so happy for him :huglove: And I think it's the perfect way, time and location for telling the fans. Not a "flat" "I have a relationship", no he dedicated that song to the special person before he sang OOL. So he points out the person is the important thing. And he did make the move himself. An outing is a special thing and it's kind of important to do it "personally".

Not like that stupid tabloid from Denkmark

Edited by DerMoment1608

I always hear ' the man I love' instead of 'the one I love' when he sings it anyway. :naughty:

But you are right - that was really nice.

And I will keep my theories to myself after upsetting you the other night. :naughty:

yes please :mf_rosetinted:

Why did he remove the "you're the origin of love, love, love, love, love, you're the origin of love.. etc" part? :crybaby: That part made the whole song. I'm seriously really disappointed, first Lola and now this, I just want to cry... :tears:

Why did he remove the "you're the origin of love, love, love, love, love, you're the origin of love.. etc" part? :crybaby: That part made the whole song. I'm seriously really disappointed, first Lola and now this, I just want to cry... :tears:

I think it´s the same when he repeats ad nauseum "blame it on the giiiiirls... blame it on the booooooys" at gigs. It was a bit repetitive, to be honest... :aah: so I think he might keep it for live version... but not in the recorded.

Oh, right. not another new song but the recorded version. I like it v much.

Album on 8th October???? What happened to the 16th Sept?

Edited by Ruth

I got all excited about it and even cried for a sec, but well, he says a lot of different things which not always turn out to be true:teehee:

Anyway, if he's happy, I'm happy too:wub2:

If the man he loves is just his father, I'm ok with that as well:wink2:

You can hear it in the background at the end. But I hope it will be louder in the final, version, too :shocked:

I just want to cry... :tears:

I felt kind of similar earlier. First I didn't like the version, than Jos talking about the 8th of October. I do hope so much that the final version of OOL will be much better and that Jo got something wrong about the date.

Than the dedication to "the man i love".

And now I'm full of sadness that I don't like that recorded version, full of hope that the final version will be better, full of worrying that we will have to wait longer for the album - but on the other side so full of happyness for Mika :hypo::hypo::hypo::hypo:

Does somebody have an recorded version without the jump at the end? My recording doesn't have it, but the sound isn't so good :/

Edited by DerMoment1608

Seriously guys?????!!??? :shocked:

I´m all :tears: now!!! :shocked:

OH, COME ON!!! WE FANGURLED TOGETHER WITH THIS SONG SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING!!! YOU CAN´T LET ME DOWN NOW!!!! :aah:

:teehee:

I've listened again and I like it a bit more now, but it still feels a bit flat to me. It needs the bass turning up!!

Still a good song though and at least we know for certain he can deliver it live :mikalove:

Mika's band sounds better as a choir than this recorded one. :aah:

And the Latin part sounds more powerful live.

But I love this song and it's a huge hit. :wub2:

EDIT: OH yes, and now I see why he was talking about Fleetwood Mac. I wasn't sure what he meant cause it reminded me just slightly at one part of the song at FM when he performed it live, but now...

Edited by nenartus

I think it´s the same when he repeats ad nauseum "blame it on the giiiiirls... blame it on the booooooys" at gigs. It was a bit repetitive, to be honest... :aah: so I think he might keep it for live version... but not in the recorded.

Well, still think the estonian version is the best, love it so much :wub2:

You can hear it in the background at the end. But I hope it will be louder in the final, version, too :shocked:

I felt kind of similar earlier. First I didn't like the version, than Jos talking about the 8th of October. I do hope so much that the final version of OOL will be much better and that Jo got something wrong about the date.

Than the dedication to "the man i love".

And now I'm full of sadness that I don't like that recorded version, full of hope that the final version will be better, full of worrying that we will have to wait longer for the album - but on the other side so full of happyness for Mika :hypo::hypo::hypo::hypo:

I heard it now, but it's barely noticeable. :huh: Have the part or not! I don't now what to say, I'm just really disappointed... I really hope it's not the final version, please Mika :beg:

I really hope she said the wrong date, I'm done with waiting!

What's wrong with the dedication to "the man i love"?

It was a short version with rough editing

parts must have been cut out.

I am really disappointed.by the overuse of distortion. and the lack of

dynamics though.

It did sound that way! That's why I'm not going to get too fed up about it yet.

I don't mind the distortion, but I agree about the dynamics :sneaky2:. Hoping the album version has more oomph (I seem to use that phrase a lot these days in relation to Mika :aah:)

Mixed feelings about this. I don't like the frantic pace of the live version because it sounds like he's cramming too many syllables into the melody. In the recording it's spaced out and enunciated properly so I really like that. I much prefer the sharp clipped phrasing of the cigarette/nicorette lines too.

But I agree that overall it's a bit flat. I like it for sure. Some of the lyrics are great and I love everything from the Latin part onwards. But I don't really see how this is going to blow Celebrate out of the water. :dunno:

Maybe it's just the usual issue that songs do not sound the same when you are listening via the internet or mp3s as they do when you are listening to live music or a master tape. Things used to get lost going to vinyl but now it seems at least 75% of the sound gets dropped in compression.

Mixed feelings about this. I don't like the frantic pace of the live version because it sounds like he's cramming too many syllables into the melody. In the recording it's spaced out and enunciated properly so I really like that. I much prefer the sharp clipped phrasing of the cigarette/nicorette lines too.

Agree on BIB. It sounds better and less clunky somehow.

I feel the opposite to you about the pace, though. I quite like those crammed syllables for some reason.

First I heard TOOL live on Youtube, I thought it would be epic and anthemic one to blow off everything... quite confident about my view after listening it live in the venue too. I was sure that it should have been the first single.

And, When I heard the recorded radio ver.... it's... just odd. :blink: it's just like I just heard leaked unfinished raw demo ver. It's sounds just 'flat (quite different from 'simple') never blew my heart by tunes. All I can hear is annoying base line (or drum? whatever hell that is) but the vocal and chorus is just so weak!! and some parts are unnecessarily distorted with electronic tunes.. I loved the distorted voices on Make you happy, But not here. It's just overproduced

Maybe the final ver is like this too, (hope really not!) I think I gotta produce and mix my own TOOL in any way :crybaby: this is def not the thing I expected.

Edited by Yuna

ok ok wait.. LOL :aah: so you are saying this is NOT the final version? you have the info or you're just guessing\hoping...? :blink:

btw, I like how he screams the line "from the god above":blush-anim-cl:

There was a different version at the listening party in Italy and no one knows which version gonna end up on the album :wink2: