Mika Filming Music Video for “Celebrate” on the Lower East Side

dcdeb

this video is so normal but not look like the other music videos i've seen before,it's unique! i didn't like some parst of it but i watched it for 4 times and now i absolutely love it! :wub2: though it was so interesting to see a club scene in Mika's video for the first time, even more intersting when i see him dancing his own dance moves there :teehee:

and my results of this video: papers makes you to celebrate (?) :doh:

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone moaning about paper waste? Yes he's tearing up notes, but it turns into CONFETTI. From writer's block to celebration.

You remember confetti don't you? From the last Mika gig you went to? From the first Mika gig you went to? From every Mika gig you went to in between? If paper waste is a violation then he should have been fined a long time ago. :naughty:

But it does look really NY to me, the whole atmosphere.

I just think they could have recreated it anywhere since it mostly takes place indoors. Aside from the skyline shots that look like they've been lifted from a movie, this could have been filmed in Toronto for instance. The buildings of the Lower East Side scream Manhattan to me but all you see is the graffiti that could have been on any wall in the US.

I really love the loft though. It's very authentic.

I had an irrational fear that there would be a scene of Mika raising two fingers at the point where he sings "I remember those two letters" - I'm so glad they didn't do that! :aah:

Maybe not so irrational but I'm glad you were wrong. :lmfao:

I love the back and forth in this video from solo, isolated Mika to "screw this, i'm going OUT" Mika. and how one feeds the other. The scraps of paper from the frustrated songwriting becoming the confetti in the club... makes a weird amount of sense, I like it.

I just think they could have recreated it anywhere since it mostly takes place indoors. Aside from the skyline shots that look like they've been lifted from a movie, this could have been filmed in Toronto for instance. The buildings of the Lower East Side scream Manhattan to me but all you see is the graffiti that could have been on any wall in the US.

I really love the loft though. It's very authentic.

Yes, the loft is lovely. Maybe it just felt right to do it there for real (even it must have been expensive).

Wait, there's two different versions of the video? I'm confused...

Two?

Two versions?

Yes, the loft is lovely. Maybe it just felt right to do it there for real (even it must have been expensive).

Two?

Yes,the version that Milda uploaded on speedyshare.com (http://www.speedyshare.com/YuUdG/1492400-00602537124886-USC7R1200002-hd-3.mp4 ) is different from this one on Vevo.

I think the video is okay. Not wonderful unfortunately.

It's kind of a crossover between the GK-vid, Katy Perry & Beyoncé's If I were a Boy-vid and Make you Happy. (IMO.)

It would be great/cool if Mika himself 'met' someone in the vid and danced together.

Did anyone notice the official message from Mikasounds has the release date as October 2012? :aah: :aah:

We want the whole world to celebrate!! Mika's brand new video for his latest single is here!

'Celebrate' featuring the hugely talented Pharrell Williams is released September 30th and marks the return of Mika!

This is the first track released from his new album 'The Origin Of Love', out October 2012!

Did anyone notice the official message from Mikasounds has the release date as October 2012? :aah: :aah:

We want the whole world to celebrate!! Mika's brand new video for his latest single is here!

'Celebrate' featuring the hugely talented Pharrell Williams is released September 30th and marks the return of Mika!

This is the first track released from his new album 'The Origin Of Love', out October 2012!

:shocked:

I was wondering how you got the information in the front page post you added.. So that's official :(

:sneaky2::sneaky2::blowup:

:shocked:

I was wondering how you got the information in the front page post you added.. So that's official :(

I guess the UK release date could be different from continental Europe. They are obviously treating celebrate much differently since it won't be available for download for another 6 or 7 weeks I am guessing. :dunno:

Two?

I've watched it on YouTube several times today - really love the new video - a good story here, super video!!!:thumb_yello:

And YES, I think this is Manhattan :wub2:

Love,love

mb

I guess the UK release date could be different from continental Europe. They are obviously treating celebrate much differently since it won't be available for download for another 6 or 7 weeks I am guessing. :dunno:

wait... what official mikasounds message do you mean? :blink: can't find it on mikasounds.com, facebook or twitter, but what other mikasounds is there? :dunno:

wait... what official mikasounds message do you mean? :blink: can't find it on mikasounds.com, facebook or twitter, but what other mikasounds is there? :dunno:

I haven't got any emails so far either, we'll receive it soon I guess