dcdeb

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First positive signs from UK music channels

‏4Music

.@mikasounds definitely has that @Pharrell touch on his new track. Watch the video here & let us know what you think. http://www.4music.com/news/news/5609/Mika-ft.-Pharrell-Williams-Celebrate:

But as it seems it's only positive because Pharrell is on it....:blink:

They seem to like it though, which is good, and what he needs to get him back on track here. Can't say I'm overly happy that he has to do it this way, but if it get's positive attention here, it has to be good. I hope.

Well, whatever works for him to get back on the airwaves.

It might as well have been the record company's idea behind the release of this song as the first single. I hope that will prove to be the right strategy.

In my opinion it's a lovely video, they captured the story behind the song amazingly well!

Even though the general public, will not immediately get the essence of the song, I guess. If you are aware of what Mika told in interviews, about the loneliness and the writing process, the video has a second layer. That's just what I love about it. :wub2:

does it also say in your mail that celebrate is out sept 30? as i think it's on sale in italy already?... :fisch:

Yes..this is why it's strange.

It's on sale in Canada too. Doesn't change my email though. :sneaky2:

:doh:

I really like the crossing/changing between the failed writing attempts and the celebration in this clip, both optical (the paper shreds from the loft become the confetti in the club) and emotional (first the loneliness and than the freedom and fun).

And I'm happy that it isn't a "typical" club/dance-video, I was a little bit worried about that :teehee:

I love it. I think it looks very classy, and would look good on telly- though I must admit I haven't had the music channels package for quite a while. Celebrate has always been my favourite track from the album

Not sure I'm getting the sense of it though

I can't help but think aout all the owls delivering the post in Harry Potter. :wink2::aah:

I like it. He looks amazing.:mikalove:

We will wait and see what happens in the UK. I don't personally think it is a brilliant choice for the first single but I hope it is a massive success.

In France it is official that The Origin of Love is out the 17th of september, it is possible to pre order the album the delux version or the simple one :mikacool:

http://www.amazon.fr/Origin-Love-Deluxe-CD/dp/B008PUXMS4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344634011&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.fr/Origin-Love-Mika/dp/B008PUXMUC/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344634043&sr=1-2

Never liked the song and don't see anything celebratory happening in the video. I think I'll just hibernate till the album's out in the hope that I'll wake up to find something good on it.

I was totally captured by this video from the first seconds. It is unforgettable feeling - when you start to watch new Mika's vid and at once realize, that you definitely like it! In several seconds: wow, it's soooooo stunning! In a minute: yay, I adore it!!!!!!!

Unlike MYH (I was like: ohhh damn it is it? o_O)

And!

Mika is so beautiful that it's hard to believe that someone like him really exists in this world.

:fangurl:

The general quality is perfect, the plot is good as well, so I'm telling: Thank you Boss for making me so happy! It is really a Celebration day.