Straight men and Mika

MikaMan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there many straight men out there who are mika fans?

I'm one and would just like to find out if i am one of a minority

Please reply if you are and thanks :D

Yes, I think you're in the minority, at least here on MFC. But there are

definitely a number of men I know, straight and otherwise, who are Mika

fans. :thumb_yello:

Yes, there are :wink2:

Mika is universal I believe :biggrin2: I mean his songs and voice can be appreciated by any music lovers regardless of age ,sex , whatever ...

Well I'm a woman, maybe I shouldn't have replied :doh::lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Ive wondered about this. I thought it was perhaps because men, esp straight men, are less likely to join a fan forum for anyone?

Edit : i know of one straight male on this forum xD he's enough of a Mika to get his pic taken w him lol

Edited by kreacher

I've only personally met one straight man who I could say was a proper fan - and a pretty big one too. He doesn't post here any longer.

But I know of several others who admit freely to liking Mika, one of which is my 68-year-old dad. Well he really liked LICM anyway and can often be heard whistling Lollipop or whatever (as dads do..). I hasten to add that he is not a member of MFC though :teehee:

Dreamy Queen,this is like asking : are there many men who love diamonds ?

No, there`re not.

Mika is like a diamond too - too unique to be loved by men.

wow! you are so right! :shocked::naughty:

i don't know any man who likes Mika, my dad likes relax but he thinks mika screams like women :aah: but my cousin likes him... but not a big fan like us :blush-anim-cl:

wow! you are so right! :shocked::naughty:

i don't know any man who likes Mika, my dad likes relax but he thinks mika screams like women :aah: but my cousin likes him... but not a big fan like us :blush-anim-cl:

My husband does not like Mika, I think he's jealous. Immature man :mf_rosetinted:

My boyfriend's a musician and thinks he's brilliant!

He's always going on about the production and the compression and the harmonies and the this and the that!!

Unfortunately, none of my friends believe that he's not just saying it to 'make me happy' (see what I did there!) but he is a genuine fan and loves him in an all round way (i.e. thinks he's really handsome, stylish, funny, intelligent, etc) and is as annoyed as me that he's not on chat shows and the like to show all this off! (Although Newsnight, lastnight, was great!).

I think, like others have said, it's two things:

1) the fear most straight men have of admitting to liking anything remotely 'gay' and;

2) that they tend not to be posters or bloggers on the interweb

My husband likes Mika very much. Well, naturally not as much as I do, but he has seen more than 10 shows and is happy to see them more and he says he enjoys them a lot.

For me it's very important he can understand why I'm doing all this traveling and everything else around Mika (because it's a lot of trouble for my husband and I just generally want him to understand me). So I couldn't wait his reaction after Luzern and Vigevano, and loved it that he finally said "yes, he is still amazing and absolutely charming on stage, I can perfectly understand why you love him so much". Hahah, that was exactly what I was hoping him to say. I will probably still do less traveling 2012/13, because my husband has a busy job and I can't be away from home as much as I was 2010.

My husband likes Mika very much. Well, naturally not as much as I do, but he has seen more than 10 shows and is happy to see them more and he says he enjoys them a lot.

For me it's very important he can understand why I'm doing all this traveling and everything else around Mika (because it's a lot of trouble for my husband and I just generally want him to understand me). So I couldn't wait his reaction after Luzern and Vigevano, and loved it that he finally said "yes, he is still amazing and absolutely charming on stage, I can perfectly understand why you love him so much". Hahah, that was exactly what I was hoping him to say. I will probably still do less traveling 2012/13, because my husband has a busy job and I can't be away from home as much as I was 2010.

Where do they have husbands like that? I'm gonna need to get one in a couple of years:teehee:

No, really, your post made me smile. You're very lucky. I can't make anyone understand the Mikaworld, even if they enjoy his music:sneaky2:

My husband likes mika's music .

He has seen him 5 times but he doesnt want to go anymore at this moment.

He says he doesn't like to be around hundreds of girls.

Maybe if more men would admit they like him it would be more fun for him :)

Are there many straight men out there who are mika fans?

I'm one and would just like to find out if i am one of a minority

Please reply if you are and thanks :D

I'm male... But not straight