Festival des montgolfières - Aug. 15, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

I don't have words to describe how much I loved the show last night! It was even better than what I imagined from the videos.

I arrived around 3:30 and was a bit nervous...my spouce kept telling me to slow down hehe but finally I was wright behind you guys.

My pictures are so bad I wont post them here, MIKA wouldn't stand still hehe, but I enjoyed every second of it...I started losing my voice at the 3rd song!

I kept the square fabric and a handful of confetti as souvenirs :blush-anim-cl:

awww shame you didn't come see us! We called your name outloud a few times to see if you were with us, as you had answered the RSVP

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! wasn't he fantastic? :swoon:

i had confettis down my shirt again :sneaky2: it's becoming a tradition now! :aah:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hear you :(

I didn't want to impose myself since I have been here only for a month...

I wore a red shirt with my hair in a crown.

One last confetti fell off my shirt when I went to bed. It was twirling around alone, I tought it wanted the fun to go on! :wub2:

IMG_8974.jpg

Great photos, Elise! Thanks!

He kind of disarms you when he touches you doesn't he! He is very tactile. :mikalove:

I've noticed that before, Kath, and it does surprise you at first, but I'm that

way with my family and close friends, so it shouldn't really. He draped his arm

around my shoulders before we took the photo, and it was

the most natural thing in the world. And when we were talking it was no

big deal to grab his elbow or touch his arm, just like I would do with a friend. A

meeting like we had with him is really just the best. (Love you lots, Mika! :wub2: )

I don't have words to describe how much I loved the show last night! It was even better than what I imagined from the videos.

Oh, I'm so sad that you didn't hook up with us! Would have loved to have

met you!

OK, here's Underwater -- the sound goes a little kerflooey once the

bass kicks in, but it's not terrible. I'm no tiibet, but there you go... ;)

[YOUTUBE]if-Atmsgqwk?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by dcdeb

bass kicks, but it's not terrible. I'm no tiibet, but there you go... ;)

oh deb :swoon: i just love that song!

you are my tiibet! :huglove:

i'm so glad you decided to come to Montreal, so glad we met! :wub2:

and when we meet again, i can say "Hi! it's so nice to see you again" :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

oh deb :swoon: i just love that song!

you are my tiibet! :huglove:

i'm so glad you decided to come to Montreal, so glad we met! :wub2:

and when we meet again, i can say "Hi! it's so nice to see you again" :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

:lmfao:

I nearly laughed when he said it to me again this time, but I like to think he

means it when he says it -- because I know it's ALWAYS nice to see him. :wub2:

And yes, I'm so glad I got to meet you and everyone else -- it was such a

worthwhile trip! I'm such a lucky lucky person! :thumb_yello:

Only one other video from me:

[YOUTUBE]Q9OSr3q6kw4?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Well, I have the last minute or so of WAG, with all the confetti, which was a

fantastic moment -- I'm still shaking confetti out of my suitcase... and

underwear! Zoots was actually dripping confetti as she walked down the

aisle on the plane today. Guess that's what happens when you're in the

direct line of fire of the confetti canon! :aah:

Part 2

While we were waiting for the show, we heard from TM that MFCers would be meeting Mika after the show. We had to go to the back of the stage & they'd be coming to get us.

The VIP contest winners got to meet him first and before long, they came to get us. We were taken to an area with an open tent. We could see Mika's mom, Audrey (his little cousin & original lollipop girl) and i guess a few other family member were sitting down.

The security guys had brought the balloon cake that Cathblais had made for him, our MFC gift & other personal gifts. They were placed in front of it, like gifts under the Christmas tree :naughty:

He came towards us & went directly to dcdeb and said a very familiar phrase... "Hi! It's so nice to see you again" :aah:, then he went on to the next person. I had no idea what to tell him, so i just introduced myself by saying "Hi, I'm Guylaine" and he said "Oh, so you're the famous Guylaine!" which took me by surprise. I asked him where he knew me from, he said with a bit of hesitation "twitter" ... It sounded a bit fishy to me, but that's ok, i'll take his word for it.

He talked to everyone, then he mentioned he had seen the balloon cake when he went to take pics of the hot air balloons... He wondered if it was for him as it looked like something his fans would make. :naughty:

He mentioned the flags & thought it was such a good idea! He said something about he should have some made for gigs or something to that effect.

We then took our group pic (see the one dcdeb posted earlier), where you can see my magnificent forehead.... Should i change my avatar to my forehead and Mika? :aah:

We talked a little more, he said he'd be back in October. Then we said goodbye.

I think this time, he had no problems understanding our french, compared to 2008. I heard last time he kept saying "ah bon..." after fans spoke to him :aah:

So i finally got to meet Mika. :wub2: I'm a happy lady! :swoon:

THE END

Omg im fangurling over your report so much! :naughty: thank you and im glad you had fun :thumb_yello: i hope to meet him someday :wub2:

bass kicks in, but it's not terrible. I'm no tiibet, but there you go... ;)

Lol, silly Deb :huglove: The video is lovely, thank you so much for sharing :wub2: I love Underwater so much I almost cry every time I hear it. I love TOOL too, but in a different way (and definitely think it would make a perfect single).

I feel so far away here while reading your reports! Not because of Mika, but because of all MFCers. I was lucky to meet you once, Deb, it was a long time ago and I hope it will happen again some day (either here in Europe or on your side of the pond).

Thanks for amazing photos, everyone, and Christine, I absolutely LOVED your detailed report, sounds like you had the best time! :thumb_yello:

It always makes me laugh that if I am staying in a hotel where quite a few MFCers are staying there is often a confetti trail the next day!

I forgot to mention - the part on Christine's report about the fans not recognising Mika at the sound check! That is hilarious!

THE man.

he came on... and.. i died:aah: he had such a great energy and looked SO HAPPY!!!! During a song, i cant remember now, he looked under his hat and looked at me as i sang the song.. i :fangurl:ed

LOTS of eye contact!!!

He even pointed my way when he said:the origin is you! during TOOl... i died again :wub2:

I cant remember the orders of the songs now.. but.. BG was great, Relax amazing!!! my first time seeing the oooooooohh-aaaaaahhh awwww!!!! really felt like i was watching a vid on youtube.. but for real!!!!!!!!

Loved that he did Blue eyes... BIOTG he separated the crowd in two.. (AWWW I WAS HOPING TO DO THAT ONE DAY!!!:wub2:) we were astronaut and elephant (he really loved those hot air balloons LOL!) and we lost. but i have this theory that the boys part always win cause its louder to say BOOYS and GIIIRLS.. maybe im just crazy.

That was amazing. the crowd was SO GREAT! yelling screaming singing.... wow..

Songs from new album got great reactions: Lola, Underwater(he explained before that he wanted to quit everything 2 years ago.. took a plane to montreal, wrote that song.. and then was inspired again... we know the story.. but it was nice to hear for us), TOOL(OK, THAT SONG SERIOUSLY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY!!! WOW!)

Love today was eve better than expected.. again i hoped he still did the jumping thing cause ive never done it of course.. so i was all hyper... :lmfao:!

Happy Ending was AMAZING... truly.. he looked happy..

I loooove the new style of lollipop!!!

i almsot drowned under confetti during WAG hahaha!

Random mika stuff:

-During SITM, he said the song was for his grandma(again we know the story..) BUT, he said: my grandma is here... so i cant say that its about her now... Its the only place shes travelled to see me perform except from Lebanon.. (NAWWWWWWWWWW)

-he tried a bit of GK in french but quickly got back to english :teehee:

-Towards the end of the gig, he talked about the first time he cancelled the show at the festival.. He had problems with his ears. And he said: .. "sometimes, you look back on your carreer.. " i dont think he finished that sentence.. he sounded kind of emotionnal.. and he said:"to be here tonight... in that magical place with balloons and an octopus n the back there(yes, there was an inflatable octopus..) is an honour. Thank you..." He really looked happy and thankful.. nawww

The surprises!!

So, when Celebrate started, i was like EEEEEEEEK!! here we gooo

All mfcers took the flags out, and the crowd followed...

Mika was busy looking down.. then looking at Joy... he mic was stuck XD, then looking down.. i was like COME ON!! the crowd were all waving their flags...

So then, he finally looked up... and stopped...

He had this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE smile on his face!!!! he was so surprised... He kept on singing and grabbed a piece of fabric and looked at it and the label( I FANGURLED HAHAHA) and waved it also.. i think he kept it for like half the gig LOL!!! he really loved it!!! And i jumped like crazy.. and he looked at me and smiled so much... :fangurl:

At the end he just said:"...thank you.. really"

And the crowd started singing happy birthday... but we were all not synchronized! and the band started playing but mika was like: shhh!! wait!!! and tried to hear us sing hahaha.. it was cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!

OH and guy waved a banner during the song as well.. tho i didnt see it when she waved it, im sure mika did!!!! he gave us the thumbs up after hhahaha

During EMD, we had confetti poppers.. so we used them.. again mika gave us the thumbs up :naughty: (gooood fans we are LOL!)

Then the gig ended... mika ddnt look like he wanted to leave really. With all the songs he took his time and sang more choruses and at the end as well.. And he just stood there looking at us for like 30 secs... :wub2: and then he waved with the band and left...

Can I just say that I loved reading your report, it's so full of excitement! So glad to hear that the concert was so amazing and everyone enjoyed themselves so much! The surprise with the flags must have been such a special moment:wub2:

The DELIGHT on his face says it all. He is seeing hundreds of waving fabric among the energized crowd at the start of his performance of "Celebrate".

7798504316_8214ca457e_b.jpg

Festival des montgolfières - Aug. 15, 2012 by SuzyTM, on Flickr

what a pic:wub2:

wish we get to see this moment on video too.

I have just quickly read all these reports (whilst I should be working :teehee:) and my first impression is that part of the reason this gig sounds to have been so great is that you, the audience, are such cool and interesting characters yourselves...:original: I really enjoyed reading your stories, your impressions of the concert and about the songs as well as the pictures and videos you posted. You may get Mika less often than people in Europe do but once he is there you make sure you'll get the best of out of it and he seems to do his best, too :thumb_yello:It is also so true that you only get a quality meeting with Mika if you disallow the possibility of autograph hunting and photo taking. I am glad it all worked out well for you.

Thank you all for your reports,it was so thrilling reading them :thumb_yello:

@Christine

I hate that bloody bowler hat and all of Quebec seems to stand behind me. Every time he took it off they shouted like he was stripping down to his undies and there were sighs of disappointment when he put it back on. So I am not the only one. I was hoping he would respond to the positive reinforcement and keep the hat off forever but it just kept going back on dammit.

Maybe he didn't got it,maybe someone should tweet him this more clearly,since we know now that he's reading all her tweets :fisch:

Edited by krysady

Thanks so much for your reports ... I feel like :fangurl: and I wasn't even there ... it just brings back all of those feelings I had recently :wub2:

The DELIGHT on his face says it all. He is seeing hundreds of waving fabric among the energized crowd at the start of his performance of "Celebrate".

7798504316_8214ca457e_b.jpg

Festival des montgolfières - Aug. 15, 2012 by SuzyTM, on Flickr

Suzy ... this picture is absolutely amazing ... love it so much :thumb_yello:

Part 2

While we were waiting for the show, we heard from TM that MFCers would be meeting Mika after the show. We had to go to the back of the stage & they'd be coming to get us.

The VIP contest winners got to meet him first and before long, they came to get us. We were taken to an area with an open tent. We could see Mika's mom, Audrey (his little cousin & original lollipop girl) and i guess a few other family member were sitting down.

The security guys had brought the balloon cake that Cathblais had made for him, our MFC gift & other personal gifts. They were placed in front of it, like gifts under the Christmas tree :naughty:

He came towards us & went directly to dcdeb and said a very familiar phrase... "Hi! It's so nice to see you again" :aah:, then he went on to the next person. I had no idea what to tell him, so i just introduced myself by saying "Hi, I'm Guylaine" and he said "Oh, so you're the famous Guylaine!" which took me by surprise. I asked him where he knew me from, he said with a bit of hesitation "twitter" ... It sounded a bit fishy to me, but that's ok, i'll take his word for it.

He talked to everyone, then he mentioned he had seen the balloon cake when he went to take pics of the hot air balloons... He wondered if it was for him as it looked like something his fans would make. :naughty:

He mentioned the flags & thought it was such a good idea! He said something about he should have some made for gigs or something to that effect.

We then took our group pic (see the one dcdeb posted earlier), where you can see my magnificent forehead.... Should i change my avatar to my forehead and Mika? :aah:

We talked a little more, he said he'd be back in October. Then we said goodbye.

I think this time, he had no problems understanding our french, compared to 2008. I heard last time he kept saying "ah bon..." after fans spoke to him :aah:

So i finally got to meet Mika. :wub2: I'm a happy lady! :swoon:

THE END

Haha, that's a great story and I'm glad you finally got to meet him. Reminds me when I asked him in Liege how he knew Luke's name in Belfast, and he said to him: "You make yourself known." Luke asked if that was a good thing and he just shrugged and said: "I don't know":naughty:

It was my first Mika gig and it was better than i could imagine....

Everything was perfect...like in my dreams... :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I was also very happy to meet all the others MFC'ers!!! Everybody was so nice. :group_hug:

Mika was in fire and seems so happy to be in Québec. I'm pretty sure that he had a lot of fun!

I feel very lucky to had the chance to meet him, is so sweet!

He was calm, kind, taking the time to speak with everyone there.... :wub2:

I tought about it all the day after and awwwwwww!:fangurl:

I'm ready for the next gig and hope to see all the MFC'ers there!

It was my first Mika gig and it was better than i could imagine....

Everything was perfect...like in my dreams... :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I was also very happy to meet all the others MFC'ers!!! Everybody was so nice. :group_hug:

Mika was in fire and seems so happy to be in Québec. I'm pretty sure that he had a lot of fun!

I feel very lucky to had the chance to meet him, is so sweet!

He was calm, kind, taking the time to speak with everyone there.... :wub2:

I tought about it all the day after and awwwwwww!:fangurl:

I'm ready for the next gig and hope to see all the MFC'ers there!

Aww, I had no idea it was your first time seeing Mika as well! I'm so glad

that it went so well, then! :thumb_yello:

Awwww deb!! Thanks for the vids!!!!! :fangurl:!!!!

Im still a bit at the gig :wub2:

Wondering if ill ever go back to normal life:teehee:

That feeling does wear off eventually, Roxie, but I know what you mean. I

can't seem to get motivated to do anything except watch my videos over and

over and look at my photos... Love that Mika man! He just couldn't

be any sweeter :wub2:

I'm on holidays and cannot connect very often often but I did want to read this thread and its reports as I knew lots of our friends from America were so looking forward this gig!! :thumb_yello:

I loved reading the reports posted so far but am still waiting for a few (yes, I'm talking about you Guy and Deb :naughty:) . The group picture is great :huglove:!