Where can I get the overseas editions of The Origin of Love?

Blue Sky

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Archambault Music in Montreal are showing the English playlist for the deluxe album hmmm... i wonder if this is reliable

http://www.archambault.ca/origin-of-love-deluxe-ACH003229826-fr-pr

Does it mean that we wouldn't be able to get a version with Karen, L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps and Un Soleil Mal Lune??? Nooo... :(:sneaky2:

I'm a tad confused about the release date in Australia. Sanity says it's released on the 21st, but JB Hi-Fi says it's released on the 14th.

Could any fellow Aussies confirm one of these dates, or help me out somehow?

EDIT: And on iTunes it says it's released on October 12.

GAAHH! Why can't we just have a set release date?

Edited by Deejay

news about 'the Italian edit':

http://www.universalmusic.it/pop/news/newsdet.php?idn=4482

'è in uscita il prossimo 25 Settembre “The Origin Of Love”, il nuovo album di MIKA, disponibile anche in un’esclusiva versione deluxe con alcuni inserti cantati in italiano.'

'The Origin of Love will be released in Italy on September 25th and in the exclusive Deluxe edition some bits are sung in Italian.'

I have mixed feelings about this, mainly negative :aah:

Pre-Ordered yesterday from AMAZON USA :

Have no idea if it is one or two disk or

tracklistings :wink2:

Delivery estimate: Oct. 1, 2012 - Oct. 5, 2012

1 "Origin of Love"

Mika; Audio CD; $26.14

Available for Pre-order

Sold by: Amazon.com

Pre-Ordered yesterday from AMAZON USA :

Have no idea if it is one or two disk or

tracklistings :wink2:

Delivery estimate: Oct. 1, 2012 - Oct. 5, 2012

1 "Origin of Love"

Mika; Audio CD; $26.14

Available for Pre-order

Sold by: Amazon.com

It's this one isn't it?

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Love-Mika/dp/B008PUXMUC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347105442&sr=8-3&keywords=mika+origin+of+love

It says it's only 1 disk. You don't want that, do you? It has the same Amazon ID number as this so it looks like the regular CD, imported from France.

http://www.amazon.fr/The-Origin-Of-Love-Mika/dp/B008PUXMUC

You should just order it direct from Canada because it's cheaper than an import and even cheaper than buying it in France.

The deluxe is $14.99

http://www.amazon.ca/Origin-Love-Deluxe-Mika-Rock/dp/B0090XOJAA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347105798&sr=8-3

And if you do just want the single CD it's $12.99

http://www.amazon.ca/Origin-Love-Mika/dp/B008PUXMUC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347105798&sr=8-2

Christine, thanx for the info, but

I think I'll just let the order ride as is--it's only money!

In due time I guess which track listings are where,

and on which issues, will become more clear.

I plan to get additional one(s) later.

One thing I know for sure is that I really like 'KAREN' &

enjoy MIKA singing in French.

So I want to be certain that the next one I order has that.

Christine, thanx for the info, but

I think I'll just let the order ride as is--it's only money!

In due time I guess which track listings are where,

and on which issues, will become more clear.

I plan to get additional one(s) later.

One thing I know for sure is that I really like 'KAREN' &

enjoy MIKA singing in French.

So I want to be certain that the next one I order has that.

Oh yes it's only money. :wink2: But if it's one disk you won't get the French songs for sure. If you order it direct instead of as an import you'll probably get it sooner as well.

These versions are pretty confusing. So are they releasing the French version for the single CD and the UK one for the deluxe edition in Canada?

No, Alice ordered hers from the US. It's not a US release, it's an import from France. When you go onto Amazon you can order just about every copy in the world :naughty:

The marketing manager at Universal Canada told me that Canada is getting the French version of the album. Guy has found a tracklisting of the UK edition for sale on a Quebec online retailers so we're not sure. The retailers should have the CDs in their hands by next week so hopefully everyone will be publishing it soon. Surely iTunes has to start preselling next week too. :dunno:

FNAC is cheaper, I think :) It's 20,5 for the Deluxe Edition (UK or FR) & 17,5 for the normal one, I've been to the shop to ask for details ;)))) However, no releasing date :'( We still don't know if we're getting the Cd on the 14th, 17th or 21st... :'/

All these prices are outrageous. It's only 12 euro in Canada for the deluxe edition.

All these prices are outrageous. It's only 12 euro in Canada for the deluxe edition.

Wow :o New CDs are never sold below 15 euros here... (except little groups' Cds or Debuts EP..)

The eagerly expected ones cost often 17~22 euros :'/

Wow :o New CDs are never sold below 15 euros here... (except little groups' Cds or Debuts EP..)

The eagerly expected ones cost often 17~22 euros :'/

That's impossible here because you can buy tracks on iTunes for at most $1.29. So if an album has a dozen tracks then you could buy them individually for about $15 which is 12 euro. How much do you pay for songs on iTunes?

That's impossible here because you can buy tracks on iTunes for at most $1.29. So if an album has a dozen tracks then you could buy them individually for about $15 which is 12 euro. How much do you pay for songs on iTunes?

Here it's €1.29 or 99 cent for lesser known acts

Here it's €1.29 or 99 cent for lesser known acts

So how could they charge 22 euros for a CD? :dunno:

The other thing in Canada is that you pay less for new/popular releases. I mean they are not bargain basement prices. If an album becomes a classic you can probably get it in a couple of years for $10 or so, but older and rarer CDs are the most expensive.

So how could they charge 22 euros for a CD? :dunno:

The other thing in Canada is that you pay less for new/popular releases. I mean they are not bargain basement prices. If an album becomes a classic you can probably get it in a couple of years for $10 or so, but older and rarer CDs are the most expensive.

No idea, it's ridiculous! and they wonder why the music sales are hitting a low here?!

I bought my deluxe online for €12.99 but I'll but the standard in stores for around €14 when it's out here on the 5th!