Where can I get the overseas editions of The Origin of Love?

Blue Sky

Don't moan, people. TBWKTM (deluxe) costs about 33 euros here. When your monthly salary is about 200 euros, I find it a bit too much for a CD :mf_rosetinted:

I haven't check prices here yet but we have a similar situation over here about the pricing of CDs. No wonder why people download everything illegaly.

I haven't decided how I will buy the album yet but most likely I'll order a French deluxe cd and buy the UK version in person once I am there.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the album will be released first in Belgium?

Netherlands first :)

They're getting the CD (UK version) on the 14th, I think.

Well, one song is 0,99 on itunes. For the Deluxe edition, there're 19 songs so.. that doesn't change anything :'/ (Not much at least).

Usually, I don't buy CDs when they cost more than 15... But it doesn't apply when I'm really looking forward to listen to a CD ;)

Netherlands first :)

They're getting the CD (UK version) on the 14th, I think.

Well, one song is 0,99 on itunes. For the Deluxe edition, there're 19 songs so.. that doesn't change anything :'/ (Not much at least).

Usually, I don't buy CDs when they cost more than 15... But it doesn't apply when I'm really looking forward to listen to a CD ;)

You could of course buy one cd and download the rest of the songs from iTunes... At least that way you don't have buy the same songs twice :P

It's my birthday on Friday so I've posted a hint link to my daughter for the UK deluxe and then I'll have to see about getting the French songs when I'm in Nice next month. If I'm in France, will French iTunes download for me?? I certainly couldn't download Elle Me Dit from the UK.

It's my birthday on Friday so I've posted a hint link to my daughter for the UK deluxe and then I'll have to see about getting the French songs when I'm in Nice next month. If I'm in France, will French iTunes download for me?? I certainly couldn't download Elle Me Dit from the UK.

I think you need your iTunes account linked to a credit card in whatever country you want to download from. But you might be able to buy a gift card in France that you could use. I've never tried it so I'm not sure if they'll still try to block you somehow.

Another update for us Dutchies, as the prices have changed again and, unfortunately, the release dates as well. On Bol.com it's now all 21th. They are kidding, right?

Normal, UK tracklist for €15,99 (RELEASE DATE 14 OR 21/9/2012)

http://www.freerecordshop.nl/muziek/origin-of-love-mika-0602537150236

Deluxe, UK tracklist for €22,50 (RELEASE DATE 21/9/2012)

http://www.freerecordshop.nl/muziek/origin-of-love-deluxe-mika-0602537151516

Deluxe, FRENCH tracklist for €23,50 (Release date still 14/9/2012)

http://www.freerecordshop.nl/muziek/origin-of-love-french-mika-0602537140923

EDIT EDIT: Prices have changed again and the release dates as well. On Bol.com it's now all 21th. They are kidding, right?

You could of course buy one cd and download the rest of the songs from iTunes... At least that way you don't have buy the same songs twice :P

I'm thinking about it ;> I just have to change my country and I can get access to any country itunes shop, I think... So I'll maybe do it :D

I'm thinking about it ;> I just have to change my country and I can get access to any country itunes shop, I think... So I'll maybe do it :D

That doesn't work. You can view what is in other countries' shops but you can't make purchases. Some of these tracks may not be available for sale separate from the whole album in any case. I guess we'll see.

That doesn't work. You can view what is in other countries' shops but you can't make purchases. Some of these tracks may not be available for sale separate from the whole album in any case. I guess we'll see.

Really ? That was too perfect to be true :'> *huhu* Well, we'll see then :wink2:

Which songs from "abroad versions" do you want, then? I can't really imagine the UK & French editions being on sale in shops in our countries, but not as singles on iTunes. Just guessing, obviously :P

Which songs from "abroad versions" do you want, then? I can't really imagine the UK & French editions being on sale in shops in our countries, but not as singles on iTunes. Just guessing, obviously :P

We are very likely to get both FR & UK Deluxe Edition but I just thought I could buy one and buy the "missing songs" by Itunes if I can... We'll see ;)

I'm a tad confused about the release date in Australia. Sanity says it's released on the 21st, but JB Hi-Fi says it's released on the 14th.

Could any fellow Aussies confirm one of these dates, or help me out somehow?

EDIT: And on iTunes it says it's released on October 12.

GAAHH! Why can't we just have a set release date?

According to what Blue Sky posted earlier in the thread, the album is released on the 21st of September. My guess is JB Hifi are releasing it a bit earlier to try and get those that can't wait to buy it from them... and Aussie iTunes is just being slack :sneaky2:

OMG, I just realised something. I'm going to be near a JB Hifi on Sunday... I'm totally going there to see if I can get it!!! :woot_jump:

According to what Blue Sky posted earlier in the thread, the album is released on the 21st of September. My guess is JB Hifi are releasing it a bit earlier to try and get those that can't wait to buy it from them... and Aussie iTunes is just being slack :sneaky2:

OMG, I just realised something. I'm going to be near a JB Hifi on Sunday... I'm totally going there to see if I can get it!!! :woot_jump:

Nope, on JB it's been changed to the 12th, just like iTunes. I'm guessing Sanity will change their date as well soon.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/origin-of-love-the/670177

We ordered the French version on bol.com too! Now we'll have two deluxe versions, one from UK, and France! :biggrin2:

Oh, and I don't really mind the delay on the date.. Bol.com is really fast with sending stuff (I mean, when you order something on tuesday, you get it wednesay) so when they send it, and the uk versions are send too, we'll get the french one earlier because of bol.com's fast shipping! :wink2:

OMG ... Belgium get the album on the 14th ??? that's only on Friday !!! :o

I thought Netherlands was... Belgium's getting it next Monday (17th) ;D

Itunes was updates ! Both Cds are availible for Belgians :teehee: I may still buy both Cds... Physical ones, I mean ;) I'll ask my wallet how he feels about it :D ("My dear Mr.Wallet, what do you think of it ? huh ?" )

I think I'll phone Mediamarkt/Fnac tomorrow... :'D Just to make sure that the release date is the right one... They won't have ANY excuse, they MUST know it FOR SURE now :D

This is off topic but does anyone know anything about the Life in Cartoon motion classic album that's being released October the 8th? :blink:

http://cdon.eu/music/mika/life_in_cartoon..._(classic_album)-21236171

Weird :0

I found a paper version of the CD last time I went to the record shop but I don't know if it's the "classic version"...it sounded more like an old version of the CD... Nothing special about it... Just a "paper envelop" for the Cd...