guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck!

No matter what Hippie says this is a better experience for the people chosen than having to stumble around blindly on stage with a huge mask on your head. :naughty:

In NYC the choir seemed like they were really a part of the show. They were posing for pics for fans and hanging out in the VIP area, etc.

Thanks! I really hope I do get chosen. It seems like it would be so much fun! The only downside would be that I wouldn't get a chance to take as many photos and films as I usually enjoy taking if I get picked. Either way it'll be ok. :)

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

how can this possibly be happening in Lebanon again, this is so incredibly sad

Lebanon riot again... I hate it... so yeah it sucks

Edited by RayaBadran
sentence didn't really make sense xD

On facebook. Good luck to all who can sing :thumb_yello:

POLKA DOT CHOIR ALERT... Are you going to a show on the European tour? Think you're a good singer? Want to sing with Mika??

We have a very special opportunity for you… As you may know, in the past we have invited certain fans up on to stage to dance with Mika as Big Girls, Lollipop Girls and in various other costumes. In fact, it has become something of a tradition to have fans take part in the show! Mika has loved meeting you all and your involvement in the concerts makes each show unique. So, we tho

ught we’d try it again – but this time, singing! We tried it out in the USA this last week and we have loved every minute of it. And from the lovely emails we have received since, so have you! So we have decided to extend this across the whole European tour!

That's right... We are giving Mika fans in each city on the forthcoming European tour the opportunity to perform live on stage with Mika as part of a Mika Fan choir… The competition is open to anyone, the only 2 conditions are you need to be over 21 and able to sing!

If you would like the chance to be part of this very special experiment please read the below carefully-

Step one:

Post a video asap on Youtube of yourself singing ONE Mika song of your choice.

Step two:

Email the link to one of the 3 below email addresses.

Guys email your link to mikachoir1@gmail.com

Girls Alto (medium vocal range) send your link to mikachoir2@gmail.com

Girls Soprano (High vocal range) send your link to mikachoir3@gmail.com

Be sure to mark the subject

"Mika Choir Amsterdam", "Mika Choir Paris" or "Mika Choir Munich" (the name of whichever city you are applying to sing in). This will guarantee your video gets looked at in time for that show. You may only apply ONCE and for ONE city only (sorry but lots of videos to see and we want to make it fair opportunity for everyone to enter). Unfortunately no questions are able to be answered from these email addresses- they are purely to hear you sing.

Step three:

If you have been chosen, we’ll get in touch with you shortly after the deadline with all the info you’ll need

Please note YOU MUST BE OVER 21 (sorry, this is for legal reasons)

ID will be required to obtain entrance to the venue on the day of the show.

You will be performing alongside Mika so entrance is free- you do not need a ticket!

You will be required to attend a rehearsal on the day of the show at approximately 3pm. Further details on that to follow if you are chosen, but this rehearsal is essential so please make sure you can be there if you enter

*** PLEASE NOTE: applications deadlines for each city are below. Anything sent after that date is too late and will not be watched***

Amsterdam - Wed 24 Oct

Copenhagen - Wed 24 Oct

Lille-Robaix - Wed 24 Oct

Cologne - Thurs 25 Oct

Brussels - Sat 27 Oct

Vienna - Mon 29 Oct

Munich - Tues 20 Oct

Zurich - Thurs 01 Nov

Padova - Fri 02 Nov

Rome - Sat 03 Nov

Paris (both nights) - Mon 5 Nov

Lyon - Thurs 08 Nov

Luxembourg - Fri 09 Nov

Marseille - Sun 11 Nov

Toulouse - Mon 12 Nov

Barcelona - Tues 13 Nov

Lisbon - Thurs 15 Nov

Madrid - Fri 16 Nov

Bordeaux - Sun 18 Nov

Nantes - Mon 19 Nov

Good luck!

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. opportunity and a great present from Mika to his fans :thumb_yello:

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. opportunity and a great present from Mika to his fans :thumb_yello:

This is one of the things that sets Mika apart from other popstars.

Can I ask something, because I'd love to sing with the choir in the UK if he has one there. But are the choir on stage for all of the concert? I've seen the vids of them jiggling around on the stage.

When I first heard about the choir I was mega-excited, as I can genuinely sing, but could never make a go of it because of my health.

But then I realised that if the choir are stood on stage for all the concert, I'm still unable to do it as I can't stand for long.

Can I ask something, because I'd love to sing with the choir in the UK if he has one there. But are the choir on stage for all of the concert? I've seen the vids of them jiggling around on the stage.

When I first heard about the choir I was mega-excited, as I can genuinely sing, but could never make a go of it because of my health.

But then I realised that if the choir are stood on stage for all the concert, I'm still unable to do it as I can't stand for long.

Oh, I really hope you can be a member of the PolkaDotChoir! Would be awesome to see a fellow Oldling on stage with Mika!:mikalove:

mika retweetet a tweet about the LA show (i think the tweet was about the first LA show, but not sure with the time zones... :teehee:):

@boltofblue7609

7 hrs on sidewalk then another 2 inside venue = so worth it to be front row for @mikasounds tonight. Hot, sweaty, ridiculously fun show!

no, from the videos i've seen they're just on stage for the songs they are singing. 8 songs or so, they go off stage in between. but they also do choreographies, like, mika shoots them and they fall on the floor, or they kneel on the floor and then jump up. if you can't do things like that, maybe it's best to mention it in the e-mail you write to them. if they like your singing, maybe they still offer you the chance to be in the choir and find a way to take special care of your health condition, so you won't have to take part in the choreographies but just sing. :wink2:

You probably saw we posted this amazing opportunity yesterday - due to various restrictions, we thought applicants had to be 21, but having worked out ways around this we are pleased to announce this is now open to anyone over 18! So - are you going to a show on the European tour?

We're excited to show you Mika's brand new website launched today!! Go take a look around and let us know what you think! You can login with your social accounts, including Pinterest, to comment and save & share your favourite Mika images!

We'll have a new community area and shop coming very soon, so make sure you keep checking back for all the latest Mika goodies!

http://mikasounds.com/

But it's a long flight, there's many hours time difference and no adrenalin from the new US success excitement anymore :mf_rosetinted:

There was a long flight and jetlag to get to the US as well and the first show was before the album was released so there was no adrenaline of success to buoy him. It was still a really great show. The second NYC show was very special but you know how some gigs are like that. That's why people like you and me go to as many shows as we can. Because you never know when something extraordinary is going to happen. :wink2:

Marilyn there are some physical demands with the show but you should have some chances to rest so maybe you could discuss it with them and see if it's feasible for you. It would be great if you could participate.

We're excited to show you Mika's brand new website launched today!! Go take a look around and let us know what you think! You can login with your social accounts, including Pinterest, to comment and save & share your favourite Mika images!

We'll have a new community area and shop coming very soon, so make sure you keep checking back for all the latest Mika goodies!

http://mikasounds.com/

Please no community area, how many times do we have to go down that road. :aah:

I made some comments last night but the style they are using capitalizes every single word so it looks bizarre. :blink:

Marilyn, I have exactly the same problem

Marilyn there are some physical demands with the show but you should have some chances to rest so maybe you could discuss it with them and see if it's feasible for you. It would be great if you could participate.
Christine, how can we possibly contact them beforehand? :dunno:
Unfortunately no questions are able to be answered from these email addresses- they are purely to hear you sing.

But it's a long flight, there's many hours time difference and no adrenalin from the new US success excitement anymore :mf_rosetinted:

I might be wrong, but I am under the impression that Leno is not always live. Justin Timberlake was there last week, as the same time he was supposedly getting married in Italy:fisch:

I might be wrong, but I am under the impression that Leno is not always live. Justin Timberlake was there last week, as the same time he was supposedly getting married in Italy:fisch:

Maybe that was a rerun? He was on Leno in September. The Tonight Show was not live but it was still taped the same day in late afternoon. Is it still the Tonight Show or has Jay Leno got some other show now? Sorry I am Team Coco and can't stand Jay Leno anymore. :aah:

Anyway I guess we will find out because I'm sure some resourceful fans in LA will be trying to get tickets. :fisch:

Maybe that was a rerun? He was on Leno in September. The Tonight Show was not live but it was still taped the same day in late afternoon. Is it still the Tonight Show or has Jay Leno got some other show now? Sorry I am Team Coco and can't stand Jay Leno anymore. :aah:

Anyway I guess we will find out because I'm sure some resourceful fans in LA will be trying to get tickets. :fisch:

Have no idea, I hardly watched it, except when I can't sleep like last friday night:thumb_yello: