guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 2m

At my favourite hang in the world. The Bar Mutis in Barcelona, with my band and some friends. A secret club in a residential apartment.

Owned by Kim and Robert Deniro. Perfect

I think the term came from the early days, when Mika, himself, used to say he liked to "celebrate the freak". Meaning that he celebrates the people whom society dosn't tend to like, such as big girls.

I quite liked it as a name for Mika's fanbase, a bit like GaGa's Little Monsters. Both terms meaning unique, different, not worried about labels and about what people think of us. But I can see how "FREAK" could be misused by people who disrespect Mika and his fans, or misunderstood by people for whom English is not their first language.

The difference with GaGa, I think, is that she encouraged her fans to call themselves Little Monsters. She took on the role of Mother Monster herself. So she's on board with it. But I think Mika has just, kind-of gone along with the MikaFreak tag. But maybe he'd prefer his fans not to use it. I won't do so in future because I'd hate to upset Mika.

However, with power comes great responsibility, and with fame, comes lots of jealousy and hate. It's a fact of life that all famous people have to put up with some weird stuff, amongst all of the genuine love. We can make it easier for Mika, but in the end, it's up to him to block the baddies from his timeline on Twitter, and his Facebook page.

The problem is not just that these trolls are harassing Mika. They have been relentlessly harassing som of us for YEARS and spouting all sorts of abuse. Daily (or even,hourly) stalking, all sorts of name calling, harassing people connected to us.. it's been going on for very long, effectively killing any desire in some of us to be posting certain things or being public in Mika related ways, just because the abuse has been coming down thick and fast.

So yes,i feel sorry for mika for getting crap, but more sorry for myself because i did nothing to deserve it and I'm not a public person.

The problem is not just that these trolls are harassing Mika. They have been relentlessly harassing som of us for YEARS and spouting all sorts of abuse. Daily (or even,hourly) stalking, all sorts of name calling, harassing people connected to us.. it's been going on for very long, effectively killing any desire in some of us to be posting certain things or being public in Mika related ways, just because the abuse has been coming down thick and fast.

So yes,i feel sorry for mika for getting crap, but more sorry for myself because i did nothing to deserve it and I'm not a public person.

Yes I agree. I've cancelled twitter accounts myself, because I get so upset by one person in particular on Mika's timeline. The twitter I have now is for my small business mostly, but I still follow Mika and tweet him sometimes, or tweet the odd fan sometimes. But I don't draw attention to myself. It's sad it has to be like that.

I'm not a Cow, and I don't know anyone on this site who is. The only bully is the person spewing out this hateful garbage, when all we MFCers want to do, is to support Mika and show him our love, but we're not comfortable when we go onto Mika's replies because we don't know what hatred we're going to see there or if we, ourselves are going to be a target.

I can see the beautiful trees every day, but I don't see every day these knees exactly :fisch: (I wish I did :aah: )

To be fair we can all agree the picture is just pure beauty and it's down to every little detail in it.

but he has bony knees :naughty: well, at least it's not his toes :teehee:

i like the beam of light, kinda cool

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 1m

Getting very very excited about going back to Beirut for my show at Jounieh Festival on the 2nd of July. I love that place so much.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 2m

Heading back to Italy from Madrid. The past two concerts were so much fun. Thank you to all those who were there and those watching online X

:wub2:

Ah! I had googled only "bac" and everything that came up was about the stock market! :doh:

It comes from baccalaureat, known as le bac, taken at the end of secodary education, some sort of british A levels...