Mika back to Taratata on 19/09/2012

BiaIchihara

BARRRRRRAT????

:doh:

:lmfao:

essourages...

je pouff:lmfao:

Lazy mika he wakes up 10 mins later than the alarm rings...

He must feed mel with those small spoons he steals at hotel rooms that's why she's so thin....:naughty:

and he saves shampoo coz he doesn't bath!!!! :lmfao:

Sorry I'm a bit late as rl got me busy :sneaky2: and this is only the first part for now :doh: but he talks about Paloma :wub2: I'll post the rest asap

Nagui: Welcome Mika.Sit down and take time to catch your breath while I'm showing your new album, you've just heard three songs from Origin Of Love as The Origin Of Love the song you stuck between Elle Me Dit and Celebrate. Thanks for creating a medley for the first new season of Taratata . Take time to rest and breathe, what you did for us just now is very physicaln, three songs in a row, even on stage , you can stop a little between each song.

Mika: Yes, as usual when I do an interview with you I'm messy and totally wet. Nagui: That's nothing we can't fix my boy.

Mika: How?

Nagui: Because we'll fix it.

Taratata will be 20 years old next January so I want to thank all the teams who have been working with me all this time. Applaude for them please (and he gives their names )

and he says they will in later shows tell about their best Taratata backstage memories. Then he announces that some of Mika's friends : Muse will be in the next Taratata and Gossip in three weeks , Beth Dito. We're happy you're our first guest for the new season.

Nagui: Since we're talking about your friends and about loving people , my first question to you will be how is your sister Paloma?

Mika: My sister. She is very well, thank you. She had an accident but after a year and a half in hospital she is so well , she is starting to walk again.

Nagui: It was a very serious accident but now she is ok?

Mika: Yes, it is a miracle.

Nagui: And her mood?

Mika: It is better now than before the accident.

Nagui: Better? That's fantastic, then all is well. I'm talking about Paloma because you had kindly introduced me to her and I would be deligthted to see her again by your side during the tours because she works with you as your whole family.

Mika: No, not all my family. My two sisters and my mother only. The others are still studying at school and I don't think they want to work with me , I'm pretty sure they don't.

Nagui: Wait till they get out of school , then they might ask you for a job.

Mika: We'll see. Well what happened is I started this career singing classical music when I was twelve and my mother drove a Toyota Pravia and we did everything ourselves . We slept inthe back of the car, then did the show and drove back to London the next day.

Nagui: Now you've changed the car's brand, but basically you still do the same.

Mika: Yes, I'm the child who escaped to work in a circus and normally you escape from your family but in my case my family followed me into the circus (which I didn't like much as a kid, but I'm starting to enjoy it now)

Nagui: So that's a good thing eventually to have your family around you. Was Paloma's accident which ends well (which is good news) an event that changed the way you work and influenced your creativity?

Mika: Yes, it was the start of the new album in a way, it trigerred a very productive seven months period. I started writting everyday and before that I hadn't written anything for a year and a half. It was a very negative shock of course, I was shaken but at the same time it made me realise that you can lose everything you have in two seconds. I also believe that before that accident took place I would sit at my piano and think about what people would think of my songs. I was worried about the public reactions to my songs (like tonight) even before they were written.

Nagui:Feeling judged even before writing?

Mika: Prejudged, yes, this is the reason why I couldn't write for a year and a half, so when that happened it removed that complex.

Nagui: What was blocking you? The fact that the first album sold so well worldwide , millions of CDs and that the second one sold less , so were you wondering what was wrong?

Mika: Something like that maybe. My two first albums were close in time and in themes like a follow up, you can see that even by the cover and I was totally alone for the second one .

Nagui: For the third there is still color, but you are in black and white.

Mika: Yes. We wanted to do something a bit like Rodger Rabbit. Do you know Rodger Rabbit?

Nagui: What's up doc?

Mika laughs.

Nagui: Oh, no , my mistake , you mean a mix of carton and real life .

Mika: As in Dick Tracey as well.

Nagui: Life In Cartoon Motion was a bit that way too.

Mika: Not really, I wanted to separate cartons and real life, this is why I am in black and white.

Second part of the translation, I hope I can post the third tonight ;)

Nagui: Back to your new album.

Mika: I toured for four years and a half. That is a very long time.

Nagui: Is is very tiring?

Mika; Yes, maybe but what happens is that we forget how to be naive, which is how you must be when you sit in front of a piano and I needed to feel that way again. I needed not to be afraid of being totally worthless, because it is only when you lose that fear of doing something totally worthless that you can do something good.

Nagui: In other words, sincerity.

Mika: Yes and the desire to have fun in any possible way.

Nagui: On this album you can find all existing moods. One of the songs for me is a good summary of what you wanted to say in this album. It is Popular Song. In that song you deal with your past and childhood you had already alluded to in another Taratata show. You had told us it wasn't simple , that you had been rejected at school. So Popular Song sounds like a sort of revenge in a way.

Mika: Yes, that's it precisely.

Nagui: What sort of mood where you in when you wrote it? mad or laughing a lot?

Mika: No, it's just that I was laughing with a friend of mine ( we write songs together) , her name is Priscilla Renee and talking about the fact that people who write popular songs weren't popular in their young days usually and there are lots of example around us .( Mika gives names of British singers I don't know sorry I didn't catch that. )

. Nagui: Like Beth Ditto (Gossip) we were talking about just a while ago.

Mika: Yes she always says she wasn't popular when she was young.

Nagui: And even unhappy during her childhood.

Mika: What we do now is like another version of war. But we do it with melody with songs instead of guns.

Nagui: And in a clever way. I want to understand, when you say you were rejected , was it like they didn't let you play football with them or was it more violent than that?

Mika: It depended on the days. But I don't want to concentrate on that.

Nagui: It's all in the text of your song, you sing before you put my head in the toilets, now you scrub them

Mika: Yes.

Nagui: There is a revenge there. Did that really happen or it is only imaginary?

Mika: It truly happened at times.

Nagui: I'm only asking that because I want to understand how you create songs and heal wounds with them .

Mika: Of course I use what happens in my life and I put it in my songs.

Nagui: It is similar with your sister's accident, you realised how fragil life can be and it made you decide to create songs again, and love songs.

Mika: Exactly, you can find inspiration in every event, even in negative onces often. As for me I write joyful songs but with negative lyrics , as in Stardust or Elle Me Dit for example.

Nagui: Yes that is so true.

Mika: Elle Me Dit lyrics are totally negative, but the song makes everyone danse. This is what I like.

Nagui: In the album, you also allude to your love story. A love story started for you and it made you feel like seating down at the piano again! To be in love can also be inspiring. You were happy and in love. Positive feelings are inspired you too.

Mika: Yes, when I'm happy I don't ask myself questions any more. When I'm unhappy I feel insecure and I question myself too much.

Nagui: Was it important for you to reveal that love story and not keep it to yourself at that point?

Mika: It is a personal story of course, but I put my personal life in my songs as I feel at ease . In daily like I'm not that outgoing and more like a shut book but my songs are were personal feelings must be or else what' s the use of music?

Nagui: So you opened up about your feelings and you came out too and your album is more open too as your worked with many different artists.

Mika: Yes in a way. What happened is that I was still in music school in England when I was writing my first album in the Royal College of music, so I was surrounded by people. But for the second one I was totally on my own. So for the third I wanted to recreate a team spirit , to be making collective pop music. This is why I looked for people and teamed with them. You can still recognize my melodies and my voice but it also sounds like a house party , a group feeling and I like that a lot.

Full translation now :wink2: Enjoy :wub2:

Nagui: Welcome Mika.Sit down and take time to catch your breath while I'm showing your new album, you've just heard three songs from Origin Of Love as The Origin Of Love the song you stuck between Elle Me Dit and Celebrate. Thanks for creating a medley for the first new season of Taratata . Take time to rest and breathe, what you did for us just now is very physicaln, three songs in a row, even on stage , you can stop a little between each song.

Mika: Yes, as usual when I do an interview with you I'm messy and totally wet. Nagui: That's nothing we can't fix my boy.

Mika: How?

Nagui: Because we'll fix it.

Taratata will be 20 years old next January so I want to thank all the teams who have been working with me all this time. Applaude for them please (and he gives their names )

and he says they will in later shows tell about their best Taratata backstage memories. Then he announces that some of Mika's friends : Muse will be in the next Taratata and Gossip in three weeks , Beth Dito. We're happy you're our first guest for the new season.

Nagui: Since we're talking about your friends and about loving people , my first question to you will be how is your sister Paloma?

Mika: My sister. She is very well, thank you. She had an accident but after a year and a half in hospital she is so well , she is starting to walk again.

Nagui: It was a very serious accident but now she is ok?

Mika: Yes, it is a miracle.

Nagui: And her mood?

Mika: It is better now than before the accident.

Nagui: Better? That's fantastic, then all is well. I'm talking about Paloma because you had kindly introduced me to her and I would be deligthted to see her again by your side during the tours because she works with you as your whole family.

Mika: No, not all my family. My two sisters and my mother only. The others are still studying at school and I don't think they want to work with me , I'm pretty sure they don't.

Nagui: Wait till they get out of school , then they might ask you for a job.

Mika: We'll see. Well what happened is I started this career singing classical music when I was twelve and my mother drove a Toyota Pravia and we did everything ourselves . We slept inthe back of the car, then did the show and drove back to London the next day.

Nagui: Now you've changed the car's brand, but basically you still do the same.

Mika: Yes, I'm the child who escaped to work in a circus and normally you escape from your family but in my case my family followed me into the circus (which I didn't like much as a kid, but I'm starting to enjoy it now)

Nagui: So that's a good thing eventually to have your family around you. Was Paloma's accident which ends well (which is good news) an event that changed the way you work and influenced your creativity?

Mika: Yes, it was the start of the new album in a way, it trigerred a very productive seven months period. I started writting everyday and before that I hadn't written anything for a year and a half. It was a very negative shock of course, I was shaken but at the same time it made me realise that you can lose everything you have in two seconds. I also believe that before that accident took place I would sit at my piano and think about what people would think of my songs. I was worried about the public reactions to my songs (like tonight) even before they were written.

Nagui:Feeling judged even before writing?

Mika: Prejudged, yes, this is the reason why I couldn't write for a year and a half, so when that happened it removed that complex.

Nagui: What was blocking you? The fact that the first album sold so well worldwide , millions of CDs and that the second one sold less , so were you wondering what was wrong?

Mika: Something like that maybe. My two first albums were close in time and in themes like a follow up, you can see that even by the cover and I was totally alone for the second one .

Nagui: For the third there is still color, but you are in black and white.

Mika: Yes. We wanted to do something a bit like Rodger Rabbit. Do you know Rodger Rabbit?

Nagui: What's up doc?

Mika laughs.

Nagui: Oh, no , my mistake , you mean a mix of carton and real life .

Mika: As in Dick Tracey as well.

Nagui: Life In Cartoon Motion was a bit that way too.

Mika: Not really, I wanted to separate cartons and real life, this is why I am in black and white.

Nagui: Back to your new album.

Mika: I toured for four years and a half. That is a very long time.

Nagui: Is is very tiring?

Mika; Yes, maybe but what happens is that we forget how to be naive, which is how you must be when you sit in front of a piano and I needed to feel that way again. I needed not to be afraid of being totally worthless, because it is only when you lose that fear of doing something totally worthless that you can do something good.

Nagui: In other words, sincerity.

Mika: Yes and the desire to have fun in any possible way.

Nagui: On this album you can find all existing moods. One of the songs for me is a good summary of what you wanted to say in this album. It is Popular Song. In that song you deal with your past and childhood you had already alluded to in another Taratata show. You had told us it wasn't simple , that you had been rejected at school. So Popular Song sounds like a sort of revenge in a way.

Mika: Yes, that's it precisely.

Nagui: What sort of mood where you in when you wrote it? mad or laughing a lot?

Mika: No, it's just that I was laughing with a friend of mine ( we write songs together) , her name is Priscilla Renee and talking about the fact that people who write popular songs weren't popular in their young days usually and there are lots of example around us .( Mika gives names of British singers I don't know sorry I didn't catch that. )

. Nagui: Like Beth Ditto (Gossip) we were talking about just a while ago.

Mika: Yes she always says she wasn't popular when she was young.

Nagui: And even unhappy during her childhood.

Mika: What we do now is like another version of war. But we do it with melody with songs instead of guns.

Nagui: And in a clever way. I want to understand, when you say you were rejected , was it like they didn't let you play football with them or was it more violent than that?

Mika: It depended on the days. But I don't want to concentrate on that.

Nagui: It's all in the text of your song, you sing before you put my head in the toilets, now you scrub them

Nagui: There is a revenge there. Did that really happen or it is only imaginary?

Mika: It truly happened at times.

Nagui: I'm only asking that because I want to understand how you create songs and heal wounds with them .

Mika: Of course I use what happens in my life and I put it in my songs.

Nagui: It is similar with your sister's accident, you realised how fragil life can be and it made you decide to create songs again, and love songs.

Mika: Exactly, you can find inspiration in every event, even in negative onces often. As for me I write joyful songs but with negative lyrics , as in Stardust or Elle Me Dit for example.

Nagui: Yes that is so true.

Mika: Elle Me Dit lyrics are totally negative, but the song makes everyone danse. This is what I like.

Nagui: In the album, you also allude to your love story. A love story started for you and it made you feel like seating down at the piano again! To be in love can also be inspiring. You were happy and in love. Positive feelings are inspired you too.

Mika: Yes, when I'm happy I don't ask myself questions any more. When I'm unhappy I feel insecure and I question myself too much.

Nagui: Was it important for you to reveal that love story and not keep it to yourself at that point?

Mika: It is a personal story of course, but I put my personal life in my songs as I feel at ease . In daily like I'm not that outgoing and more like a shut book but my songs are were personal feelings must be or else what' s the use of music?

Nagui: So you opened up about your feelings and you came out too and your album is more open too as your worked with many different artists.

Mika: Yes in a way. What happened is that I was still in music school in England when I was writing my first album in the Royal College of music, so I was surrounded by people. But for the second one I was totally on my own. So for the third I wanted to recreate a team spirit , to be making collective pop music. This is why I looked for people and teamed with them. You can still recognize my melodies and my voice but it also sounds like a house party , a group feeling and I like that a lot.

Nagui: Here is the result, your album . (He show Mika's The Origin Of Love) There are lots of remixes of Elle Me Dit and Celebrate among others , those remixes are great for dancing . I thought David Guetta had worked on some when first heard them. And there are also French songs which on the contrary of Elle Me Dit which is very upbeat are very different as far as the melody and athmosphere.

Mika: Yes they are different.

Nagui: Why? Is is because they are in French that they are such sweet songs?

Mika: I don't know. I collaborated with my friend Dorian , we wrote together.

(close up on Dorian)

Nagui: He is here tonight, he sang the choirs with you. Let me show you Dorians' album , Lieu dit( Nagui shows the album) Dorian was already our guest here and he is a very good writer. He wrote Elle Me Dit with you and what you did is amazing because usually English songs are adapted into French and you did the opposite.

Mika: You're right. I didn't want to take a song in English and adapt it into English, it meant a lot for me that it would be written in French from the start. I wanted those songs to be in French only.

Nagui: Ok.

Mika: So we worked together in a studio which is called La Fabrique in St Rémy de provence for five days and we had a concept: if Michel Berger wrote French pop songs today what would they sound like? So we all wrote all the French songs that are on the album.

Nagui: With Michel Berger in mind.

Mika: Yes. And the last day Dorian looked at me and he said "I'm fed up can't we write a song that makes me feel like dancing now? something that could be a hit and I said to him "Oh my, it sounds like when I was younger and people would tell me "can't you write a happy song (une chanson contente) and he said to me " You can't say 'chanson contente'"

So I sat at the piano and started playing a spoof , a sort of pastiche.

Nagui laughs.

Mika: You don't use spoof in French?

Nagui: From now on we will.

Mika: A joke.

Nagui: Yes, a spoof with the piano.

Mika: You don't say a spoof in French , really?

Nagui: (kidding) oh yes, we say -sorry, I am the spoof-

Mika laughs.

Mika: So I started playing this thing which sounded a lot like an eighties tune and I said "Elle me dit écris une chanson contente and Dorian said pas une chanson déprimante and I answered une chanson que tout le monde aime which was a joke but then we looked at avh other and wondered if we got something there.

Nagui: What state were you in?

Mika: The truth is Dorian, not me, because he really likes red wine. ..

Nagui: Mika, what state were you in yourself?

Mika: How do you say -hangover-?

Nagui: cuite, gueule de bois So you had a hangover?

Mika: Yes totally. So we argued and we didn't want to speak to each other anymore, but with that song we did.

Nagui: If you want to know where Mika finds his inspiration, you need to know that one of his songs is called "Love you when I'm drunk"

Mika: Oh , no.

Nagui: Be careful with your health dear Mika. (laughs)

Nagui: Now you are going to sing a cover for us , exclusively for Taratata.

Mika: Yes, I never covered it on TV , only once on stage and I made lots of mistakes but this is a song I love.

Nagui: It was in Scotland you said?

Mika: That's right and this song is by Fred Neil, then Harry Nilson covered it for the movie Midnight Cowboy and then it became a huge hit. Actually Harry Nilson who is one of my idols wote many many songs throughout his career but he only got two big hits with songs that weren't his. (without you and everybody's talking) and those were the only songs he covered and didn't write himself that people liked better so that made him quite mad.

Nagui: Everybody's talking is Mika's present for Taratata. You can now go on stage with your musicians Mika, please.

Mika sings.

Nagui: What a voice! What a wonderful voice! I love your voice you give me shivers . We only invite people with voices that give shivers tonight. What a voice! Do you realise it yourself? Do you get shivers to when you hear yourself.

You see , my voice is awful, so I wonder if when you sing so well, you actually get the shivers yourself? We do when we listen to you.

Mika: No, most of the time when I'm singing a note , I'm telling myself "Don't fall, don't fall" That's all I can sing of as if I were on a wire and I tell myself "Don't fall, please, don't fall damn it"

Nagui: Ok. We heard lots of praise about your voice , now I'm about to test your modesty.

I need to know if those artists have a better voice than you.

Mika: Ok.

Nagui: Prince?

Nagui: There are three more, don't say yes everytime, you are too modest.

Nagui: Freddie Mercury?

Nagui: Mathieu Bellami

Mika: Often I watch him singing and I become jalous, that's the truth. His voice is like a bubble gum.

Nagui: It can be very high or low.

Mika: Yes , and his voice is theatrical, rock and dance all at the same time. It is totally amazing how he goes from one to another.

Nagui: If you had to chose between those three singers , which one has the most beautiful voice in your opinion?

Mika: For the tone of the voice it has to be Freddie Mercury , today's voice's got to be Mathieu Bellamy.

Nagui: Weren't you uspset that Stephen Friars who is shooting a movie about Freddie Mercury didn't ask you to play Freddie?

Mika: No,he chose , what was his name?

Nagui: Sacha Baron Cohen

Mika: I know but I mean Barat

Mika: So that's ok he didn't chose Mathieu Bellamy, he chose Barat. (laughs)

Mika : Borat! Borat! Not Barat.

Nagui: yes Borat alias Sacha Baron Cohen

Nagui: There are songs in French in your album , Dorian wrote them.

Mika: I wrote them with Dorian.

Nagui: Forgive me. We know what state you're in when you write together . One of those songs is called Karen and that's a tribute to a girl you met in a night bar 82 rue des martyrs (martyrs street)(which I regularly see on my way) . Would the next song be about a laundromat that is 92 rue des martyrs or about a panini , greek sandwiches shop that is at number 85 or at Michou cabaret which is at number 80?

Mika: Michou of course.(kidding) No I would be most inspired by the laundromat, it is more graphic. And you meet lots of people there.

Nagui: And there's "essorage" -spinning_ in the laundromat (giving Mika a naughty look)

Mika: What does "essorage" mean?

Nagui: Dry . Spoof (he says chpoof actually)

Mika: chpoof

They both laugh

Nagui: I don't know anything about men beauty, tell me which of these man you find most attractive please?

Mika: I'm sure you have your own opinion too.

Nagui: Ok, I'll tell you afterwards.

Mika: Ok.

Nagui: Lenny Kravitz , don't answer before you know the three names please.

Nagui: Justin Timberlake , M Pokora which is a bit like a French Justin Timberlake.

(Mika looks doubtful.)

Nagui: Which would you say is the better looking one?

(Mika listens to the audience)

Nagui: Mika is the one who must answer.

Mika: I don't know.

Someone in the audience: The three of them!

Mika: Right , the three of them!

Nagui: No . (to the person in the audience who spoke "You're out"

Mika: Ok , the three of them will have a child together and he will be the best looking.

Nagui: No (laughs as he is cracked up by Mika's answer)

Mika: Now which of them do you find better looking yourself?

Nagui: Timberlake. He is good looking, he sings well and he is a great actor too. Wath "Dick in the box" It's fantastic!

Mika: schpoof!

Nagui: schpoof? Go and see on internet "Dick in the box" with Justin Timberlake, it is too cool!

Nagui: Now a few questions to know if you are normal. You are a star and we want to know if you are still a normal person so we have wired your mike on a computer that will analyse your answers to tell us if you are normal and if you give the good answers.

Nagui: When is your birthday?

Mika: August 18th

Computer : ring

Nagui: Good answer , you told the truth, great! (Don't clap because he knows when he was born)

Nagui: Do you wake up five minutes before your alarm starts to check what time it is?

Mika: Never, I always wake up ten minutes after my alarm clock rings.

Nagui: You're telling the truth.

Nagui: Have you already hurt yourself when you were at a table with a bread crumb under your elbow? That happened to everyone.

Mika: Yes I did.

Mika: It doesn't really hurt, but it's disturbing

Computer rings wrong this time

Nagui: Don't lie, you got hurt.

Nagui: Have you ever stolen something in a hotel?

Mika: Yes, lots and lots and lots of things

Nagui: That's true! That's true! That's true!

Mika: I tend to steal silver spoons, they attract me. The very small ones.

Nagui: What do you do with them?

Mika: Nothing. I just love those tiny silver spoons. That's the type of thing you never buy.

Nagui: But think about her mum, the silver soup spoon. She can't see her baby spoon anymore.

Mika laughs.

Mika: And also shampoo, soap of course even if I don't use them

Nagui: Great, I have a question about shampoo! Have you ever put water in a shampoo bottle to get the rest of shampoo?

Mika: Mika nods for yes.

Computer rings

Nagui: We all did that obviously. We noted that you steal all hotel owners . Now when they will see you they will lock up all their spoons.

Now take a look at Mika's album and here is another song from it: Underwater.

You can hear the chorus of Underwater

Nagui: Underwater is the next single of the album

Mika: Yes , that's right.

Nagui: Don't forget to go and see Mika on his new tour, Mika's live shows make you love life. Thanks for being here with us Mika.

Mika: Thanks for inviting me.