Overrated (OOL version) - Song and Lyrics Discussion

LaraMay

I'm torn about this song. On the one hand, I love the verses and lyrics... but I'm really not sure about the use of the Overrated chorus. I loved the original demo of Overrated so much, and had always hoped it would become a proper song some day, and now it definitely won't, so I'm sad about that. That said, while I don't like the chorus in the new version, I do actually really love the new version, and the way he sings the verses is just fhfhgjdfhdkh *melts*

You expressed exactly what I feel.

First time I heard the new version, honestly, I dont like it.

The lyrics is deep, but the music is not fit to the lyrics.

Then, I heard the acoustic one and it's better.

Well, I like the old version (studio outtakes)

First time I heard the new version, honestly, I dont like it.

The lyrics is deep, but the music is not fit to the lyrics.

Then, I heard the acoustic one and it's better.

Well, I like the old version (studio outtakes)

Why you don't like this version IT'S AMAZING!!! So dancie and it's awesome for clubbing :groovy:

Can you dance when the singer sings LIFE IS TRAGIC? :shocked:

I think it's 'light this tragic', not that it makes it any better...

I can understand why people don't like it. I love the demo, and when I heard the snippet, which just had the overrated, overrated part, I absolutely hated it. But then I heard the full song, and I was sold. Not for dancing, but because when I listen to the song I believe him. I believe he wants his lover to kill him and I can feel the despair of it cutting right through me. Not a song I'll have a repeat, I'd end up with some very twisted brains if I did that, but to me the different emotions in the song compared to the demo make it a completely new song, and now I actually think it's the best song on the record.

I can understand why people don't like it. I love the demo, and when I heard the snippet, which just had the overrated, overrated part, I absolutely hated it. But then I heard the full song, and I was sold. Not for dancing, but because when I listen to the song I believe him. I believe he wants his lover to kill him and I can feel the despair of it cutting right through me. Not a song I'll have a repeat, I'd end up with some very twisted brains if I did that, but to me the different emotions in the song compared to the demo make it a completely new song, and now I actually think it's the best song on the record.

In booklet that I have, it is "Life is Tragic".

Is my booklet wrong?

Mika, give me your another deluxe album as substitute :teehee::naughty:

I feel the same when I hear I'm Falling.

I always try to skip that song on my playlist, but I can't.

I'm kind of person who love depressing myself with beautiful "sad" song

In booklet that I have, it is "Life is Tragic".

Is my booklet wrong?

Mika, give me your another deluxe album as substitute :teehee::naughty:

I feel the same when I hear I'm Falling.

I always try to skip that song on my playlist, but I can't.

I'm kind of person who love depressing myself with beautiful "sad" song

No, my booklet says the same and I've heard the song several times and says: "stars are magic life is tragic" :thumb_yello:

Hm... who convinced me of the other lyrics then? Someone did, because at first I also thought it was life is tragic. I guess I shouldn't be so gullible :aah:

It's okay.

Sometimes we mess up a lot here :)

Maybe you can make another Overrated version with "light is tragic" lyrics just like Happy Ending Literally Lyrics :lmao:

The US booklet says "light this tragic". It's also in the digital booklet.

That must be it then. I knew I must have had a good reason to change my mind... I couldn't check my booklet, since I don't have it here.

Soo... that's two versions of the official lyrics... let's see how many more we get :aah:

Thank you for the affirmation :biggrin2:

Forgive me girls, you're right it says "light this tragic" but the first time I read it I read "life is tragic" :blush-anim-cl: and I was convinced when I heard the song time after time also said that :blush-anim-cl:

I've read the booklet again and yes, you're right, sorry fo the wrong affirmation. I read the booklet without my glasses and the letters are so small :doh:

Just checked my booklet and it is "Light this tragic".

Sorry, it's my fault.

Especially my apologize to Smokesignal :huglove:

If psychologist knew it, they would judge my life as tragic :teehee:

I join with you in your apologize to Smokesignal :huglove:

this has to be one of my favourite songs form the new album. I think it is quite 'Erasure' ish sounding. My kids are cracking up with me as i keep randomly singing ' Overrated ' at the top of my voice !!! :mikalove:

• 8 years later...

I've just seen the sinfonia pop version, and was completely blown away by his performance. So I listened to the album version and, I love it. 2 different takes on a great song. Both versions are powerful. A new fave. I just wish I could sing, as I'll be screeching along with it for the next few days - sorry neighbours! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

For me the best it's still the original demo version :wub2:

Oh, that's beautiful! I do love when it's just his voice and piano. It's interesting how the songs develop. This version is more hopeful/pleading, the others are angrier/hurt/disappointed. I love all 3! Wonderful. :wub2:

Honestly, this man could sing the phone book and I'd love it. :lol3: :swoon:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 years later...
  • dcdeb changed the title to Overrated (OOL version) - Song and Lyrics Discussion