Q-Music showcase Belgium - 30 September 2012

IngievV

Has anybody heard me on the radio? Anja who is waiting for her chance to win since Saturday already, that was me ;-)

Oh I'm happy for you! Congrats! :yay:

Do you have any tips for the people still playing?

Did you send your text before the song, during...?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't win ;-)

I texted them around 10 PM "The answer for the online contest for tomorrow for the Mika Showcase is Rain. Can I get my tickets now? ;-) Greetings, Anja" and she just phoned me to ask since when I am already waiting to win a ticket. And I told her that I am guarding the radio since Saturday and she found that so funny that she mentioned it several times on the radio ... and she also broadcasted the phone call (an hour later or so) ... it was just funny, but no ticket yet ... sigh ;-)

I didn't win ;-)

I texted them around 10 PM "The answer for the online contest for tomorrow for the Mika Showcase is Rain. Can I get my tickets now? ;-) Greetings, Anja" and she just phoned me to ask since when I am already waiting to win a ticket. And I told her that I am guarding the radio since Saturday and she found that so funny that she mentioned it several times on the radio ... and she also broadcasted the phone call (an hour later or so) ... it was just funny, but no ticket yet ... sigh ;-)

Oh nooo??? I really thought someone finally won a ticket :sad:

Yeah, I bet she finds it funny that people spend so much money on them and still don't win a ticket :sneaky2:

I didn't win ;-)

That's just... evil. Stupid Q :bash:

I didn't win ;-)

Whaaat? :annoyed_h4h:

Q-music shouldn't have called you only for a nice conversation!

When I saw your first post I really assumed that you've won tickets... what a disappointment.

They should have rewarded you with tickets!

Whaaat? :annoyed_h4h:

Q-music shouldn't have called you only for a nice conversation!

When I saw your first post I really assumed that you've won tickets... what a disappointment.

They should have rewarded you with tickets!

Well, it was just funny the way she did it ;-)

Of course, in a way I hoped she'd give me a ticket, but if they start to do this, they have to give hundreds of tickets ... so I am not that disappointed ... but of course still hoping to win the "regular way" :sneaky2:

pfff, my SMS needs 5 seconds before it's gone ...

like this I will never win

:huh: don't think it's very nice what Q did.... calling and getting your hopes up :sad:

*crossing my fingers for you*

(and for all other belgians that are still trying!!)

Same here... I even woke up for the 3AM show as I have my day off today... But I was too tired so.. too slow :'( I'm sure my cell phone is the problem, it take 2s to send the message while smartphones are faster, I think T__T' I'm quite desesparate :'/ I might as well still go on Sunday to see if everyone has brought someone along :'( But I'm afraid to be even more .. frustrated x'D I don't know :'// Finally, we got till 12 AM (Sunday) to win tickets .... *stressed*

Same here... I even woke up for the 3AM show as I have my day off today... But I was too tired so.. too slow :'( I'm sure my cell phone is the problem, it take 2s to send the message while smartphones are faster, I think T__T' I'm quite desesparate :'/ I might as well still go on Sunday to see if everyone has brought someone along :'( But I'm afraid to be even more .. frustrated x'D I don't know :'// Finally, we got till 12 AM (Sunday) to win tickets .... *stressed*

i've got a smartphone, but trust me, it' not faster :aah:

when i tried (before i knew i could go) it took about 4 seconds or so (or sometimes longer) to send the text...

good luck :wink2:

Well the different radio connections can also tribute to the fact that some people are quicker than others. We have a cable connection and an antenna connection at home: the antenna is almost 10 seconds a head of the cable. And then there will be also differences by region, I guess. So it's almost mission impossible... but keep up the good hopes!

Aawww, :huglove:

My cell phone took 4 seconds to send it too... It really is almost impossible :sad:

Also, I noticed that A LOT, like 70% of the winners via the radio are from the West-Flanders region... so I wonder if the cell phone network works faster or that the radio comes through faster over there or something :huh:

If you listen to Qmusic via internet, won't it be a little bit earlier than if you listen to it with the cable? So you'll be a little bit earlier than the other people? I don't know, maybe :teehee:

Fingers crossed for you all.

I think it rather is the other way round ... but my cell phone is really slow, just counted the seconds and it were more than 5 before my message was gone :-(

I think it rather is the other way round ... but my cell phone is really slow, just counted the seconds and it were more than 5 before my message was gone :-(

I did that last Saturday and you're 4s late when you compare with the radio...:thumb_yello:

I also checked the difference between the frequences (W/O Vlaanderen, Antwerpen, Brabant, Limburg...) & they're all "the same" ;) The difference probably comes from the GSM network...

I was wondering... wouldn't JIM MOBILE users be getting any advantages ? :fisch: Does any of you use Jim Mobile ?

I was wondering... wouldn't JIM MOBILE users be getting any advantages ? :fisch: Does any of you use Jim Mobile ?

No, but JIM MOBILE is BASE (same network) and I have a BASE subscription and it is slow. My husband also uses BASE but has another type of cell phone. It is still slow but faster than mine. Anyway, mine is way to slow! So I will stop sending SMS.

No, but JIM MOBILE is BASE (same network) and I have a BASE subscription and it is slow. My husband also uses BASE but has another type of cell phone. It is still slow but faster than mine. Anyway, mine is way to slow! So I will stop sending SMS.

Are you planning to come either way ? (I mean, even if you can't get tickets..)

I'm seriously thinking about it... I have no idea how to persuade them to let us in, though :sneaky2:

Never posted anything before on this forum, but I just feel the same way like you do.

Completely addicted to the radio, walking around with my phone in my hand, stay up late, get up early, sent messages like an idiot and the only thing I get is FRUSTRATION!!! Have Mobistar, also very slow, aprox. 5 sec. delay

So much stress :-(

Are you planning to come either way ? (I mean, even if you can't get tickets..)

I'm seriously thinking about it... I have no idea how to persuade them to let us in, though :sneaky2:

I don't think I will do that ... imagine we would be there with something like 50 people who have no ticket, they cannot do that. There are restrictions for the amount of people in the studio which they have to follow, also for danger of fire etc.

You can always go and hope he comes outside afterwards for a little chat ... but I have to make too many arrangements to come if there is just a 1% chance to see him.