Mika @ Manneke Paul, VTM (Belgium) Oct. 1, 2012

smokesignal

We've been talking about it already, but there was no thread for it yet. So...

It will be broadcasted at VTM, starts at 22:35 local time.

This is the website of the programme:

http://vtm.be/manneke-paul

I can't find a live stream anywhere. On the facebook page it says that you can 'follow the programma' there, but that can be interpreted in several ways. I hope they will stream it there, but I'm not sure.

We do have a little preview already:

http://vtm.be/manneke-paul/mika-geeft-paul-de-leeuw-een-massage

He nicely translates 'ik zit totaal opgewonden in mijn stoel' with 'I'm so excited', but literally he says: 'I'm sitting in my chair completely turned on'.

Celebrate:

http://vtm.be/manneke-paul/mika-celebrate

Edited by smokesignal

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Irene :)

btw here's is the fb page :wink2:

Monday at 22.40H (Dutch & Belgian time) at VTM (Belgian commercial TV)

http://www.facebook.com/MannekePaul

The FB-page says the show is watchable via FB....

Het nieuwe programma van Paul de Leeuw: elke maandag en donderdagavond op VTM maar ook te volgen op deze facebookpagina. Tweet mee via #MannekePaul.

I´m wondering if the TV stations buy all the albums to give them away to the audience or if Universal gives them away for nothing?

I assume Universal gives them away as album promotion? TV shows like this one mean always good publicity.

I assume Universal gives them away as album promotion? TV shows like this one mean always good publicity.

Yes I would say so.

Oprah used to do shows where she would give away everything from laptops to cars and she didn't spend a penny on it. It was free advertising so the manufacturers had to cough up the cars. :naughty:

I´m wondering if the TV stations buy all the albums to give them away to the audience or if Universal gives them away for nothing?

Oooh there was NO CD in the Cd boxes... There was a key inside and we were told we had won a house but Dutch speakers should be able to explain the whole story xD It only sounded nonsense to me :'D Really weird...

I haven't watched it yet but I was told I had been filmed quite often 'cause I laughed a lot... haha xD Anyway, it was really really cool,so unexpected :blush-anim-cl: I can't wait to see once again the whole thing :wink2: *aaah*

so many fantastic performances during this promo tour! especially love the China Boy part:wub2:

Yes I loved it to. Celebrate always sounds much better live than on the disc imho. I wish the China boy part was on the actual single as it makes all the difference to the song.

Yes I would say so.

Oprah used to do shows where she would give away everything from laptops to cars and she didn't spend a penny on it. It was free advertising so the manufacturers had to cough up the cars. :naughty:

Oooh there was NO CD in the Cd boxes... There was a key inside and we were told we had won a house but Dutch speakers should be able to explain the whole story xD It only sounded nonsense to me :'D Really weird...

I haven't watched it yet but I was told I had been filmed quite often 'cause I laughed a lot... haha xD Anyway, it was really really cool,so unexpected :blush-anim-cl: I can't wait to see once again the whole thing :wink2: *aaah*

That was it! :wink2:

Paul told us they were going to try and nominate this show for a competition for tv shows who have the craziest audience. They showed us some clips of shows like Oprah and Ellen where they gave away cars e.g. and how the audience reacted to this. His idea was to make us pretend like he gave us all a new house :lmfao: He told us before recording that we were going to get the album and that there wouldn't be a cd, but a key for this "house". So we had to pretend we all got a house and jump and scream etc.

He told Mika that we were all people who didn't have a house / had lost their house due to several things like the "tsunami from Knokke" and stuff like that. Mika didn't really understand what was going on :teehee:

Edited by Droopsy

That was it! :wink2:

Paul told us they were going to try and nominate this show for a competition for tv shows who have the craziest audience. They showed us some clips of shows like Oprah and Ellen where they gave away cars e.g. and how the audience reacted to this. His idea was to make us pretend like he gave us all a new house :lmfao: He told us before recording that we were going to get the album and that there wouldn't be a cd, but a key for this "house". So we had to pretend we all got a house and jump and scream etc.

He told Mika that we were all people who didn't have a house / had lost their house due to several things like the "tsunami from Knokke" and stuff like that. Mika didn't really unerstand what was going on :teehee:

I understand it all now xD Thank you for the whole explanation :thumb_yello:

I understood most of what he said but this show sounded really eccentric compared to what I'm used to watch, really fun, though :teehee:

I didn't understood when he told us first about the keys in the CD boxes... I was still getting used to his accent :aah: That's why I was surprised... I was sat next to a Korean girl that spoke Dutch and she was surprised as well when she opened the box so... I just did not understand what was going on XD I can relate to how Mika felt at THAT moment :fisch:

But it was really fun ;) haha~

I haven't watched it yet but I was told I had been filmed quite often 'cause I laughed a lot... haha xD Anyway, it was really really cool,so unexpected :blush-anim-cl:I can't wait to see once again the whole thing :wink2: *aaah*

Where can I find recordings of the show? Tried YouTube, but apparantly VTM removed the recordings (only the song Celebrate is online).

Paul told us they were going to try and nominate this show for a competition for tv shows who have the craziest audience. They showed us some clips of shows like Oprah and Ellen where they gave away cars e.g. and how the audience reacted to this.

They used to do parodies of this on comedy shows like Saturday Night Live and I remember one where a woman in the audience was 9 months pregnant and she was so excited the baby popped out. :aah::lmfao:

He told Mika that we were all people who didn't have a house / had lost their house due to several things like the "tsunami from Knokke" and stuff like that. Mika didn't really unerstand what was going on :teehee:

Oh dear. :teehee:

Did people not get CDs at all then? :aah:

They used to do parodies of this on comedy shows like Saturday Night Live and I remember one where a woman in the audience was 9 months pregnant and she was so excited the baby popped out. :aah::lmfao:

Oh dear. :teehee:

Did people not get CDs at all then? :aah:

Oh no! That sounds hilarious :lmao:

I don't know... they didn't distribute cd's where I was sitting. :dunno:

Where can I find recordings of the show? Tried YouTube, but apparantly VTM removed the recordings (only the song Celebrate is online).

They only put celebrate online for now. They'll air the second part of this show on thursday, so I'll record it as well and upload all the Mika parts to youtube afterwards :thumb_yello:

Oh no! That sounds hilarious :lmao:

I don't know... they didn't distribute cd's where I was sitting. :dunno:

They only put celebrate online for now. They'll air the second part of this show on thursday, so I'll record it as well and upload all the Mika parts to youtube afterwards :thumb_yello:

They took back the boxes afterwards so we didn't get anything :fisch:

(except the meat they had cooked for us XD ~)

A friend recorded the show yesterday for me but we don't know how to put it on a Dvd as she has got digital TV ... Any clue ? :S

They took back the boxes afterwards so we didn't get anything :fisch:

(except the meat they had cooked for us XD ~)

A friend recorded the show yesterday for me but we don't know how to put it on a Dvd as she has got digital TV ... Any clue ? :S

same problem here, also digital tv and no dvd recorder anymore, so sorry, i can't help :huh: