Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big plus for visiting Iceland in December is the Northern lights.

Yes! That's exactly why my husband and I have been talking about going for our anniversary (it's December 5) for the past 6 years -- we started talking about it for our 25th! Mika was just the catalyst that got me to finally book the trip! :blush-anim-cl:

I managed to get the trip down to £500 - but for a 24 hr trip it's not really justifibale.:mf_rosetinted:

But look at it this way -- you'll not only see Mika, but you'll see ME! And get to meet my Mister! Isn't that worth at least a couple hundred quid? :teehee:

It's very hard to connect with someone with such limited opportunities and distracting circumstances. I thought when I got the DM from Mika that perhaps he "knows" me now and when I meet him he's going to initiate the conversation which works for me and my personality. I am not shy exactly but I am the type that likes people to come to me. :naughty:

Well, I am a bit shy, but I have always made a point of introducing myself as "dcdeb" when I've met him. Like you, I thought once he DM'ed me, he definitely knew who I was -- I know he always recognized my face, because he'd even tell me where he'd seen me before. :shocked: But when I saw him in June of '09, and said who I was, he was like, "Oh, it's YOU. I thought you were..." and he stopped himself. I wondered, "What? Younger?" :sneaky2: But he just finished, "No, I thought you were someone else." Of course, when I saw him 3 months later and someone was introducing me he said, "Oh yes, it's dcdeb, we've met." :hypo: and every single thought in my head went out of it immediately. :fangurl: But I guess he does know who I am by now,

which is not always a reassuring thought. Sometimes I think anonymity might be better! :wink2:

Getting proper M&Gs is always a nice experience though even the times I haven't chatted to him much. The conversations he has with others are entertaining and it makes everyone so happy, it's a nice shared memory with other fans. Just like the gigs themselves.

I'm with you there. I have always enjoyed just watching him. ( OK.....I know that sounds a bit scary/crazy - and maybe I am) But unless I have something particular to say to him - which isn't very often, I am happy to watch him talking to others.

I totally agree. I'm quite content to just stand back and watch him interact with others, especially if I know those fans have never had a moment with him before. Like you say, it's a great shared memory, like our recent meeting with him in NYC. :wub2:

Yes! That's exactly why my husband and I have been talking about going for our anniversary (it's December 5) for the past 6 years -- we started talking about it for our 25th! Mika was just the catalyst that got me to finally book the trip! :blush-anim-cl:

But look at it this way -- you'll not only see Mika, but you'll see ME! And get to meet my Mister! Isn't that worth at least a couple hundred quid? :teehee:

If I could do it for a couple of hundred I would be there like a shot.....it's the other three that are the problem :naughty:

I hope that you get to see the Northern lights. It is so unpredictable. We lived in a suburb of Reykjavik with a beautiful panoramic view right over the bay (Reykjavik literally translating as 'smokey Bay' - the smoke reffering to the steam from geysirs which is said to have looked like smoke to early settlers). And in the two years that we lived there we didn't see the aurora borealis very often so my fingers will definitely be crossed for you. Happy Anniversary for 5th - ours is the 3rd.

Edited by kath

If I could do it for a couple of hundred I would be there like a shot.....it's the other three that are the problem :naughty:

I hope that you get to see the Northern lights. It is so unpredictable. We lived in a suburb of Reykjavik with a beautiful panoramic view right over the bay (Reykjavik literally translating as 'smokey Bay' - the smoke reffering to the steam from geysirs which is said to have looked like smoke to early settlers). And in the two years that we lived there we didn't see the aurora borealis very often so my fingers will definitely be crossed for you. Happy Anniversary for 5th - ours is the 3rd.

Did I know that? I think so... Thanks, and back atcha! :huglove:

And yes, I know our chances of seeing the Lights are iffy. But if we don't go looking for them we'll NEVER see them, so we have to take the chance, right? My husband was looking at day-trips yesterday and decided he wants to explore a glacier as well. :doh: I may regret this trip yet. :naughty:

To get back on topic... :wink2:

What has anyone heard about this?

http://www.printemps-bourges.com/

http://www.printemps-bourges.com/fr/reservation.php?type=spec_03

Le Printemps de Bourges Crédit Mutuel du 23 au 28 avril 2013

MIKA - BENJAMIN BIOLAY ...

le jeudi 25/04/2013 à 19h00

LE PHENIX

18000 BOURGES

Le Printemps de Bourges Crédit Mutuel ouvre la saison des festivals avec cette année encore de belles promesses ! Plus de 140 artistes français et internationaux seront présents du 23 au 28 avril 2013 pour 6 jours frénétiques et enflammés de musique 100% live avec MIKA, -M-, C2C, BENJAMIN BIOLAY, SEXION D’ASSAUT, DISIZ, sans oublier le sulfureux dancefloor de la ROCK’N’BEAT PARTY ! Rendez-vous le 15 janvier pour découvrir de nouveaux artistes. Get ready !

Edited by dcdeb

Did I know that? I think so... Thanks, and back atcha! :huglove:

And yes, I know our chances of seeing the Lights are iffy. But if we don't go looking for them we'll NEVER see them, so we have to take the chance, right? My husband was looking at day-trips yesterday and decided he wants to explore a glacier as well. :doh: I may regret this trip yet. :naughty:

No, you won't regret it.........................as long as you don't put your foot in a boiling mud pool of course as I did :doh:.

The problem will be (for trips) the limited daylight. There is a glacial lagoon within a daytrips distance of Reykjavik................just PM me if you want any help. How long are you there for?

LE PHENIX

18000 BOURGES

Le Printemps de Bourges Crédit Mutuel ouvre la saison des festivals avec cette année encore de belles promesses ! Plus de 140 artistes français et internationaux seront présents du 23 au 28 avril 2013 pour 6 jours frénétiques et enflammés de musique 100% live avec MIKA, -M-, C2C, BENJAMIN BIOLAY, SEXION D’ASSAUT, DISIZ, sans oublier le sulfureux dancefloor de la ROCK’N’BEAT PARTY ! Rendez-vous le 15 janvier pour découvrir de nouveaux artistes. Get ready !

Is this not the same one that Robi had posted about?

No, you won't regret it.........................as long as you don't put your foot in a boiling mud pool of course as I did :doh:.

The problem will be (for trips) the limited daylight. There is a glacial lagoon within a daytrips distance of Reykjavik................just PM me if you want any help. How long are you there for?

Just 5 days. And thanks for the offer, I'll let you know :)

I didn't see it... I did a quick search and nothing came up, but maybe I missed it. :dunno:

Ah yes, I found it now -- I did a search on Le Printemps de Bourges, which is why it didn't show up. Robi had a different link, and posted it while I was away for Thanksgiving. :)

Oh I would love to meet the mister. I've got a really good track record with MFC hubbies. I would need someone to go sightseeing with though and don't think either one of you would appreciate the anniversary trip intrusion. :teehee: I meant to tell you though they are having a Porter sale so I was thinking of a spring trip to DC. :fisch:

Well, I am a bit shy, but I have always made a point of introducing myself as "dcdeb" when I've met him. Like you, I thought once he DM'ed me, he definitely knew who I was -- I know he always recognized my face, because he'd even tell me where he'd seen me before. :shocked: But when I saw him in June of '09, and said who I was, he was like, "Oh, it's YOU. I thought you were..." and he stopped himself. I wondered, "What? Younger?" :sneaky2:

Oh :lmao: I would be afraid of that too. Now I have a pic of me when I'm 4 years old in my avatar. That would not help with the recognition. :naughty:

But he just finished, "No, I thought you were someone else." Of course, when I saw him 3 months later and someone was introducing me he said, "Oh yes, it's dcdeb, we've met." :hypo: and every single thought in my head went out of it immediately. :fangurl: But I guess he does know who I am by now,

Awww! :wub2:

which is not always a reassuring thought. Sometimes I think anonymity might be better! :wink2:

Ha yes it's a hard balance. On the one hand everyone wants attention but it makes me feel self conscious and paranoid at the same time. :roftl: When we were watching the band rehearse in Toronto we were at the stage dancing and singing and Mika was off somewhere else. But eventually he came over and started asking two people if they wanted to be big girl dancers and that kind of freaked me out. Like why are you spying on us. :sneaky2: You're supposed to be pretending you are not paying any attention to us while we're over here pretending we're not interested in you either. :teehee:

I guess my thing is I like him to notice and appreciate his fans as a collective but I am not really one for personal scrutiny. :naughty:

I totally agree. I'm quite content to just stand back and watch him interact with others, especially if I know those fans have never had a moment with him before. Like you say, it's a great shared memory, like our recent meeting with him in NYC. :wub2:

Yeah it was really nice. I did make an effort to speak to him in NYC though because I hadn't really spoken to him in almost 2 years. But Montreal was still great with Guy's moment and everything he said about the birthday stuff, etc. I wouldn't want to miss that whether I have anything to say to him or not.

LE PHENIX

18000 BOURGES

Benjamin Biolay...

I haven't heard his new CD but it's completely different from what Mika does, I think. It's weird to have them both on the same evening :blink:

I doubt I could go to this one either, I won't be on holiday at that time :'(

Oh I would love to meet the mister. I've got a really good track record with MFC hubbies. I would need someone to go sightseeing with though and don't think either one of you would appreciate the anniversary trip intrusion. :teehee: I meant to tell you though they are having a Porter sale so I was thinking of a spring trip to DC. :fisch:

Oh :lmao: I would be afraid of that too. Now I have a pic of me when I'm 4 years old in my avatar. That would not help with the recognition. :naughty:

Awww! :wub2:

Ha yes it's a hard balance. On the one hand everyone wants attention but it makes me feel self conscious and paranoid at the same time. :roftl: When we were watching the band rehearse in Toronto we were at the stage dancing and singing and Mika was off somewhere else. But eventually he came over and started asking two people if they wanted to be big girl dancers and that kind of freaked me out. Like why are you spying on us. :sneaky2: You're supposed to be pretending you are not paying any attention to us while we're over here pretending we're not interested in you either. :teehee:

I guess my thing is I like him to notice and appreciate his fans as a collective but I am not really one for personal scrutiny. :naughty:

Yeah it was really nice. I did make an effort to speak to him in NYC though because I hadn't really spoken to him in almost 2 years. But Montreal was still great with Guy's moment and everything he said about the birthday stuff, etc. I wouldn't want to miss that whether I have anything to say to him or not.

what I find weird is that everyone I know presumes that he 'knows' me because of being in the Big Girl vid, etc as if he's not meeting 100s of people every day! When I try to explain that he may have some vague recollection of my face but nothing more, they find it hard to believe. He would need to be rainman-like to remember us all. Also, the more familiar you are with his world.....the more obvious it is that you're a crazy fan! You can't really win. The few times I've talked to him I've tried to make the conversation as 'normal' as possible, rather than the 'i think you're amazing!' type of thing. Hopefully, it helps!! The upshot is the more he 'knows' you, the more likely that you're in the crazy fan category in his mind!!!

what I find weird is that everyone I know presumes that he 'knows' me because of being in the Big Girl vid, etc as if he's not meeting 100s of people every day! When I try to explain that he may have some vague recollection of my face but nothing more, they find it hard to believe. He would need to be rainman-like to remember us all.

That's true but I would still think there's a better chance he's going to remember people who were there in the early days because he wasn't meeting 100s of people a day in the beginning. He was also getting his staff to interview fans and his family was taking pics, etc. Gifts like the scrapbook were more unique at that time and he probably spent time looking at it. There were people in 2007 he "knew" before he even met them because they were writing to him on MySpace or notes via friends and gifts.

The upshot is the more he 'knows' you, the more likely that you're in the crazy fan category in his mind!!!

Well yes of course that is true. :lmfao: But there is a difference between the crazy fans and "the crazies" if you know what I mean and I think Mika makes that distinction. Which is why I say as long as he's not acting uncomfortable around me I don't care.

The reality is he is never going to relate to 99.9% of us as anything other than fans. He's not going to invite any of us over for tea whether he thinks you're "normal" or you're in the "crazy fan" category so it doesn't matter. I also think Mika is a bit extreme himself and he likes the craziness. I didn't understand it at first because I would probably react very differently in his place but he actively encourages it and rewards it and has a genuine fondness for people who do things that outsiders would probably consider "crazy". :dunno:

You are always welcome! The guest room is at your disposal :thumb_yello:

And as far as the anniversary trip intrusion -- please, give me an excuse to not have to hike around a glacier! :naughty:

Yes, exactly!

The reality is he is never going to relate to 99.9% of us as anything other than fans. He's not going to invite any of us over for tea whether he thinks you're "normal" or you're in the "crazy fan" category so it doesn't matter.

:crybaby:

I'm crushed.

Do you think I might have tea with his mum, at least? :teehee:

I don't know the TWEET by Felix has been posted.

felixd.jpg

PLASTIC PLATES ‏@plasticplates https://twitter.com/plasticplates (another account of Felix)

"Very much looking forward to being in Australia in December/January and then to Asia in January... Tour dates coming soon"

HOPE IT WILL BE !!!! :pray:

felixd.jpg

PLASTIC PLATES ‏@plasticplates https://twitter.com/plasticplates (another account of Felix)

"Very much looking forward to being in Australia in December/January and then to Asia in January... Tour dates coming soon"

Fingers crossed for you that he visits Japan!

felixd.jpg

I wish it's true ! Not that I'll come if he makes a gig in japan (really too far away :aah:) but he already promised that I think. If he keeps saying things that are TRUE, we have some chances to see him in America.. and in Canada too becaume he told us that he was going to come back. :pray:

I wish it's true ! Not that I'll come if he makes a gig in japan (really too far away :aah:) but he already promised that I think. If he keeps saying things that are TRUE, we have some chances to see him in America.. and in Canada too becaume he told us that he was going to come back. :pray:

:huglove:

:pray: for :canada::japan::aussie:

It's great fun!:thumb_yello:

Although possibly not in December!:wink2:

Well you would have to take a flashlight, or be very fast so that you have enough light.

I would love to go to Iceland as well. Always dreamed of going. But I won't make it this time so it's still something to look forward to.:)

That's true but I would still think there's a better chance he's going to remember people who were there in the early days because he wasn't meeting 100s of people a day in the beginning. He was also getting his staff to interview fans and his family was taking pics, etc. Gifts like the scrapbook were more unique at that time and he probably spent time looking at it. There were people in 2007 he "knew" before he even met them because they were writing to him on MySpace or notes via friends and gifts.

Well yes of course that is true. :lmfao: But there is a difference between the crazy fans and "the crazies" if you know what I mean and I think Mika makes that distinction. Which is why I say as long as he's not acting uncomfortable around me I don't care.

The reality is he is never going to relate to 99.9% of us as anything other than fans. He's not going to invite any of us over for tea whether he thinks you're "normal" or you're in the "crazy fan" category so it doesn't matter. I also think Mika is a bit extreme himself and he likes the craziness. I didn't understand it at first because I would probably react very differently in his place but he actively encourages it and rewards it and has a genuine fondness for people who do things that outsiders would probably consider "crazy". :dunno:

That's another thing people always ask...'does he text you?' 'have you been to his house for tea?'.....and they think I'm the weird one!!!!!:shocked::shocked: