Mika at Graham Norton BBC Radio 2 15/12/2012

DerMoment1608

Well...when I was in France he said he'll tour Asia at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec, and few weeks ago said he will tour Asia in January but no ticket news yet, and now he says he will tour next year but doesn't mention when it would be...

He's such a teaser and I'm quite used to this ...:naughty:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I could join :'D

It'd be a miracle if I could see him in Japan XD

But I expect the timing to be bad -___-' We'll see *crossing fingers*

As long as I can see him when he comes back for festivals in Europe :teehee:

(Not as great as a real tour but that's better than nothing :thumb_yello:)

That would be awesome, hope you'll have the chance :teehee:

Lastnights sadness at not meeting up with Mika is starting to fall into place!!

6 1/2 hours drive up to Manchester the day after a gig with a sore throat...arrival at the gig 4 minutes before jumping on stage. Driving back and arriving home at 3am. Going into Radio 2 with a gift for Graham!

He really didn't have time to see us did he??! :aah::fisch:

Come on North America WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!

I would WHOOP if only I could believe him :aah: I got excited when i first heard him say it but now i think he was just being .... mika :mf_rosetinted:

C'MON MIKA PROVE ME WRONG AND ANNOUNCE SOME DATES!!

:aah::aah:

Lastnights sadness at not meeting up with Mika is starting to fall into place!!

6 1/2 hours drive up to Manchester the day after a gig with a sore throat...arrival at the gig 4 minutes before jumping on stage. Driving back and arriving home at 3am. Going into Radio 2 with a gift for Graham!

He really didn't have time to see us did he??! :aah::fisch:

No, I was thinking about that last night. wondered if he had recorded the interview, or if it was live, how would he get back to London in time to sleep and go to the studio next day.

The poor guy is only human after all.

Now here's what I thought, during the interview.

I know the MFC are going to be chasing me with rubber mallets for saying this, but Mika you really should <caps lock on> ENTER EUROVISION! <caps lock off>

I wouldn't be saying this if the two gigs this week had been at the O2 Arena and the MEN Arena Manchester. By rights that's where he shoud be, but he isn't.

Lets face it, he'd win Eurovision. He'd deff get 12 points from France! But if he really didn't want to sing himself, he could write the song! What's good enough for Andrew Lloyd Webber, is good enough for Mika.

It would be great publicity for him, and lets face it, what has he got to loose by doing it? His career in the UK has stalled. Things can't get worse. He should take the risk.

I'm happy to hear he's going back to America again. He needs to build on the hype that started with his success on itunes USA. It will really help him.

Congrats to our now-famous Eloise and Maca, and anyone else who got their email read out.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Complete interview:

Dropbox download link

SoundCloud

Part 1 - Intro + Radio edit of OOL

Dropbox download link

Tumblr

Part 2 - Interview & Make You Happy (Miami Edit)

Dropbox download link

Tumblr (coming Sunday, as I cannot upload more than 1 audio piece per day :( )

Youtube

Part 3 - Last part of the interview

Dropbox download link

Tumblr (coming Monday, as I cannot upload more than 1 audio piece per day :( )

I was able to listen to the download. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Didn't he say last time that he wasn't going to drive up to Manchester again because he realized it took much longer than he anticipated?

Yep. :mikacool:

I really enjoyed the interview. Mika and Graham obviously get on really well and I thought this was great promo for the album.

Did he almost say that he was going to Iceland tomorrow but stop himself? Maybe he's going early now that Glasgow is cancelled.

That wreath is beautiful IMO. Really Christmasy. What a lovely present to receive.

Didn't he say last time that he wasn't going to drive up to Manchester again because he realized it took much longer than he anticipated?

He could have come up with us on the train:naughty:

I would WHOOP if only I could believe him :aah: I got excited when i first heard him say it but now i think he was just being .... mika :mf_rosetinted:

C'MON MIKA PROVE ME WRONG AND ANNOUNCE SOME DATES!!

:aah::aah:

I just might scrap some money together for a gig there this time, especially if he does Texas, stay at my friends place finally:thumb_yello:

I really enjoyed the interview. Mika and Graham obviously get on really well and I thought this was great promo for the album.

I finally listened to this, great interview. I think Graham gets along with everyone doesn't he? I have been catching up on his TV shows the past few weeks and he is such a perfect host and the format of his show is brilliant the way all the guests interact. The US comedian-hosted talk show format was set in the late 1950s and really hasn't changed much and I don't think it's as interesting as what Graham does.

I agree about the wreath. So beautiful and thoughtful! I have been thinking of getting one because my cats will kill a tree :aah: My local market has a huge stall with fresh wreaths and holly, etc.

Anyway 15 dates in North America. For real?? :shocked: I hope he is taking a loooooooooooong break before that. Firstly because of his voice and secondly because I have no interest whatsoever in standing outside in the winter. :mf_rosetinted:

Whether I go to them or not it would be great if he's going to make a serious effort to hang on to his fans here and build on that base. I've always thought he doesn't need to be a superstar like JB or KP but that he could have a very solid career with industry respect like Rufus Wainwright does.

I'll be really excited for him if it goes well and will be amazed if he comes back to Toronto in the near future. I'd pretty much given up hope.

Possibly in the lower half of the country??? gasping at the thought

I hope you get to see him this time. :crossed:

15 dates in the States!? OH my goodness he's going to utterly exhaust himself! :o

Popular artists play 50+ dates in North America in one tour. If he can't handle 15 he's in the wrong business. :aah: I mean obviously he has to sort his voice out first but this is not a heavy schedule unless he tries to do it in less than 3 weeks.

I know the MFC are going to be chasing me with rubber mallets for saying this, but Mika you really should <caps lock on> ENTER EUROVISION! <caps lock off>

Oh no, not Eurovision, please.. I don't think there is a country where it's taken seriously (and I love Eurovision, but lets be real, everyone thinks/knows it's just a big joke) and Mika doesn't need even more mocking than he gets now :no: Although, as ridiculous as it may sound, I would like to see him on the X factor USA (many thinks he will be dropped by his label in the near future, then he would be free to do this, so why not? :mf_rosetinted:). It seems like the only way to get popular in the USA and I would actually be okay with that if people over there would finally discover and fall in love with Mika :wub2: Of course I know this will never happen, but it's interesting to imagine how Mika would look like as a contestant on such a show and how the audience would react over him :teehee:

Edited by Milda