Children's music from your country

suzie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww, mellody how could i forget the "Neverending story" and Limahl....

"video not available in your country". :sneaky2: but yes, the song by limahl is fab! :wub2: and i also love this instrumental from the movie:

[YOUTUBE]xsVLb5ibKfM[/YOUTUBE]

I never listened to children's music at all, didn't even know any Canadian children's music. :aah:

They used to broadcast this on American TV in the 70s though. It was called Schoolhouse Rock and they used music and cartoons to educate on concepts like grammar and arithmetic and even the political process. I learned how a bill was passed in the US before I even knew about the parliamentary system in Canada. :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]tyeJ55o3El0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4AyjKgz9tKg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nzycxJUjdWI[/YOUTUBE]

oh i don't know, often it works really well to use an existing song! for example the tom&jerry intro of my first post, like i said, it was an existing song - if you listen to the lyrics of the whole song, it doesn't fit to the tv series much... but the part they used fits perfectly!

yes, true, like the last one in my first post is also not an original but borrowed from a classical piece. I guess I was thinking more about movie soundtracks nowadays in general when I wrote that - not sure anymore :teehee: - it is becoming rare to have music written directly for films
I never listened to children's music at all, didn't even know any Canadian children's music. :aah:

They used to broadcast this on American TV in the 70s though. It was called Schoolhouse Rock and they used music and cartoons to educate on concepts like grammar and arithmetic and even the political process. I learned how a bill was passed in the US before I even knew about the parliamentary system in Canada. :naughty:

Oh they are great and funny, just like the one that was posted from Sweden :thumb_yello:

It reminds me the short intro to 'TV GYM' we had over here from sixties to the eighties: there was 5 mins of gymnastic excercises shown here before the time of children's 15 mins of fairy tales every night - you may find this hilarious :naughty:.

[YOUTUBE]t8bt4UUDavo[/YOUTUBE]

Actually, my favourite cartoons used to be ones that were watched by adults as well due to their witty language and story. Perhaps something similar to the Flintstones. I have never watched that one in English as we had in dubbed but not simply translated but written in proper verse and with the voices of really good actors.

Anyway, same writer as the one translating the Flintstones wrote similar stories (parts in witty and humorous verse) for children and adults young at heart and the title tracks are also funny and loved here:

Doctor Bubó

[YOUTUBE]jqFXc8ueChI[/YOUTUBE]

Mézga family - I think this was shown in some neighbouring countries as well

[YOUTUBE]qbAD73bT2eg[/YOUTUBE]

Talking about Mary Poppins, there's a YT channel with the song ''Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'' sung in 11 languages x)

(and according to some comments, the hebrew way is a fan dub)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaryPoppinsForever?feature=watch

Edited by BiaIchihara

Awwww, mellody how could i forget the "Neverending story" and Limahl....

The film and music are beautiful! My parents took me to the cinema to watch it) I like it :wub2:

Talking about Mary Poppins, there's a YT channel with the song ''Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'' sung in 11 languages x)

(and according to some comments, the hebrew way is a fan dub)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaryPoppinsForever?feature=watch

Russian film about Mary Poppins also contains many beautiful children's music.

[YOUTUBE]49w_a7uR5t4[/YOUTUBE]

*cough* I never bought any of these ok *cough*

When it comes to music for kids from :uk: I have the following memories from my childhood (even back then I tended to note which country films / children's stories were from):

Jamie and the Magic Torch - I loved the song and the visuals of the theme song but never liked any of the tales themselves: I found them really boring. I still think the music is great:

[YOUTUBE]KeMMow_Itqw[/YOUTUBE]

...and The Muppet Show - I just couldn't get enough of it:teehee:

[YOUTUBE]9THwnQg-vEw[/YOUTUBE]

What do you mean you're not sooooo :old:?

Are you implying that most of us are????:sneaky2:

:mf_rosetinted:

Maybe :fisch:

No but :aah: What I means, it's that my children music is from the 1990+ and much of yours were from 1970-1980 (or before). :wink2: I wouldn't offense anybody. :fisch: It was not in my intention, sorry if you felt concerned. :fisch:

• 1 month later...

I don't ever remember listening to much kids music when I was a kid. We listened to whatever Dad listened to, which was either AC/DC, Skyhooks or Queen :teehee:...

The only thing that you could possibly classify as kids music in the late 1980's/early 1990's would be SING, which is a music education program that the ABC put together...

You know, I don't think we had a lot of kids music other than that around before the Wiggles :teehee: