2013 - National Doodle Day 8 February

dcdeb

Here's MIKA's doodle for National Doodle Day, coming this Friday, 8 February, in support of EPILEPSY ACTION. It will be up on auction along with doodles from dozens of other celebrities:

481511_10151320424128040_982209329_n.jpg

Get a sneak preview of the doodles that will be on auction here:

http://doodle.epilepsy.org.uk/celebrity-auction/2013-gallery.cfm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt that last year's doodle?

It would seem they changed the 2 into a 3...:naughty:

This one was the prize for last years doodle comp on FB, it was the other doodle he did that he put in the auction, I think.

A recycled doodle. He didn't bother much this year, did he? :mf_rosetinted:

So I won't bother to bid.

I wouldn't say it's recycled. It's just a year old.

Guess you can hold out until next year when he has to come up with something new. :naughty:

Oh I love Karl Pilkington and Mr. Magoo. :roftl:

I can't believe the Boba Fett doodle isn't fetching more -- clearly, my Star Wars friends haven't gotten wind of this auction yet! :naughty:

Glad I'm not the only one who's fairly sure that that's last year's one with 2012 sneakily turned into 2013! A bit cheeky IMO!

I did a doodle with one of my friends today in Maths (last thing on a Friday before half term- nobody actually expected us to do maths!) entitled

'Herbert the Maths Dinosaur and Sam the Banana Tree'. We could have given it to MIKA to avoid him photocopying last year's one!

Edited by Ellenowl

Just popping in to see how the doodle's doing. :teehee:

£500... not bad with still a week to go.

How much did last years go for?

I'm sure it was over £1000 - most of the bids were in the last hour or so?

On all these charity auctions I always find it incredible that Mika's things are always way out ahead of most of the others. On this one it is currently more than double Rolf Harris's offering - and his work goes for thousands these days.

However, I have been convinced for a while that there are two or three people who bid for the Mika items....very probably the same few people bidding against each other every time!

I feel sorry for the doodler's who don't have any bids! :tears:

Edited by kath

On all these charity auctions I always find it incredible that Mika's things are always way out ahead of most of the others. On this one it is currently more than double Rolf Harris's offering - and his work goes for thousands these days.

However, I have been convinced for a while that there are two or three people who bid for the Mika items....very probably the same few people bidding against each other every time!

The interesting thing about that, is that anyone scrolling through the doodles, will see his is way out in front, and it makes me wonder what they are thinking when they see it. As most people seem to think he's disappeared off the face of the earth, this must be quite a surprise for them.

If they have the money to spend on a recycled doodle, then that's good for them, but I have several of his doodles and all for free:naughty:

And some of the doodles up for auction are sh*t and I don't even know who all those people are.:mf_rosetinted: