Mika in US & Canadian Press - 2013/2014

krysady

I went through the list of articles of the first post but I couldn't find this one (hope I didn't miss it :aah:):

http://www.metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=8235&pagenumber=all

That's an interesting article so I want to be sure it's on MFC! Sorry if it was posted already

It's here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3892571#post3892571

But this interview is such a nice one, that it's good you posted it, so one can discover and re-discover it :wink2:

This is probably my favorite interview of his. So interesting and intelligent. One of the first of his I read, and one that made me fall in love with him. As rather conflicted Catholic, how I would love to discuss religion with him, if could actually speak in his presence. And as an only child I love to read his tales of growing up in a big family, although i am envious. Thanks for posting it! It will be easier to access it when I want to reread it.

I like how he says, "We were five." I get this neat picture of five gorgeous children running around an apartment filled with brightly colored material and dressmaker mannequins, embarking on fantastical adventures. They were probably the sort of kids that had their own language.

It's not new magazine from Canada.

I don't know it has been posted to this thread before... found from http://issuu.com/home

fugues September 2012

http://issuu.com/fugues/docs/152

front cover

(2170 x 3090) http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/11870729025_25b9922220_o.jpg

11870729025_200fde2034_b.jpg

page 4

(2170 x 3090) http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/11870729025_200fde2034_b.jpg

11870728045_17f07e8de5_b.jpg

page6

(2170 x 3090) http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5546/11871164834_eb3a3ece22_o.jpg

11871164834_25a9c3aae1_b.jpg

page36

(2170 x 3090) http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7405/11870725335_e8669695d8_o.jpg

page37

(2170 x 3090) http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5549/11871001213_685e76eba9_o.jpg

11870725335_8ce7e217fb_h.jpg

11871001213_35b46538aa_h.jpg

• 2 months later...

i just stumbled upon this May 1 2013 interview from Confront Magazine. Searched around but didnt find it posted on MFC yet (sorry if i missed it)

http://www.confrontmagazine.com/2013/05/mika/

Mika

by Bery Hernandez

58893_10151427209298040_1531894065_n.jpg

A few days ago, I had the chance to speak with Mika, this fantastic singer who first got known for the song “Grace Kelly” from his first album, “Life in Cartoon Motion”. Since “The Boy Who Knew Too Much” released in 2009, he toured and prepared his latest project “The Origin of Love” that came out in September 2012. He was really nice and seemed really passionate about his music.

CONFRONT: Hi, how are you?

MIKA: Good, how are you doing?

CONFRONT: Fine, thanks! You’re playing the Opera House in Toronto tonight, how’s the tour been so far?

MIKA: Well, I’ve been on tour for the past few weeks and after this we’ll continue on to Europe, to Asia and it takes me until October, it kind of takes over your life but it’s a good job to have.

CONFRONT: What do you prefer about doing a show?

MIKA: I always plan to do three different shows within one tour. This is a really small, very kind of intimate thing. We have a piano and two musicians, the audience talks to me, request songs, I talk to the audience, it’s very loose, there’s a rough plan but it changes every night. It’s really special, it shows people that I can have the same effect even without ten people on stage, confettis, it’s me and a piano and we can still create our own universe, it’s really important to show that.

CONFRONT: What do you prefer, doing a show like this and have more intimacy with the fans or doing a big show with a lot of musicians and decorations?

MIKA: I really like both, I was in Switzerland two or three weeks ago and for that show there was 9000 people, it was amazing! And then coming back and doing the small shows is like exercising a different muscle, I always like doing both because, when I do only the small show I really miss the big show and when I do the big show I really miss being able to change things on a nightly basis like I can with the acoustic show. I think its really important to do both and its important for the fans to have access to both shows, the only problem wth the acoustic shows is that because I only do them in small venues sometimes it sells out really quickly, one day i would love to put myself at this dream of being in a theater, sitting there in one space for three weeks and do a show every night.

CONFRONT: After doing shows all over the world, is there a country or a city that that you fell in love with?

MIKA: Lisbon, im obsessed with Lisbon, I could live there tomorrow because it’s so full of spirit, a very particular kind of spirit. I love Amsterdam because it’s so creative, and I fell in love with Montreal as well because I worked a lot there, I was recording and writing and as a result it’s a city that I feel very comfortable creating music in, it’s a very unique place and food is delicious. The only problem with Montreal is that it’s way too ****ing cold! (Laughs)

CONFRONT: You’ve been in Montreal quite a few times and you came last year to do your third album, how did you decide to come here?

MIKA: I wanted to work somewhere new, I wanted to escape, I wanted to feel like i’m on my own world and Montreal was the perfect choice.

CONFRONT: Let’s talk about your album, it’s called “the origin of love”, it’s fourteen songs about love…

MIKA: Fourteen songs about love and not one of them that sounds like a love song, it’s my version of a love song, they’re as angry as they’re happy, they’re sweet as they are completely dark and that’s what the concept is about, taking such a cheesy concept and turning it in something really cool. I felt like doing this because in writing love songs you end up writing about life and I wanted to write about my life before turning thirty, I wanted to write my perspective of life as a man, at 28, because I knew that if I was to write the same concept of an album again in seven years time it would sound very differently.

CONFRONT: What’s your favroite song on the album?

MIKA: I like the title track and I also like the song called “I only love you when i’m drunk” because it’s as catchy as it is funny and it’s as furious as it is jokey, I think it’s all about that balance, every pop song sould have that balance.

CONFRONT: We can see it in your work, there’s a lot of constrasts, it might seem like a simple love song but there’s always a message that’s hidden in the song.

MIKA: Exactly, i think that’s the power of a pop song, that’s why I like pop music, i dont write theater, I didn’t go into classical music, I went into pop music because I was able to play games, you could write about anything you want and make people listen to it without even knowing what they’re listening to, sometimes. I think that’s what appealed to me so much when I was fourteen years old, because at fourteen years old I felt really powerless, I felt like I didn’t have a voice so what a better way to give yourself a voice than to write a song that sticks in someone’s head.

CONFRONT: “The origin of love” is your third album, how do you think you evolved, artistically, from your first album to this one?

MIKA: I think you see a development, I don’t think you see really invention, I think you just see someone who is constantly developing, I constantly develop my ideas and my melodies and I’m not driven by commercial desires, im not driven by radio as much as it may infuriate some of the people who’s job is to sell my music and to get my music on radio. I just sit back and I ask myself what would this look like when I’m 60 years old, what would all my albums look like and I want each one to be this kind of chunky, colourful, fantastic, each project would be this kind of painting.

CONFRONT: What does music means to you?

MIKA: The only thing that makes a song mean anything is if it comes from somewhere real and so for me my technique has always been to try and understand my life and try to understand my world by discussing it and by saying things that I would normally be afraid to say in everyday life, to say them in a song because I’m not afraid to say anything in a song. It helps me in my life, it gives music a little more meaning, for me it kind of represents where im at.

CONFRONT: You always have these crazy ideas on your songs and also on your videos, you’re really theatrical. Have you ever thought about acting in a movie?

MIKA: I don’t know, I’m really goofy… I dont’t like the way that I look, I have a very hard time watching my videos. A lot of my videos, I watch as we’re making them but as soon as it’s finished I’ll never watch them ever again. (Laughs)

CONFRONT: Well, how about writing a scenario?

MIKA: Maybe one day, I have one project that I really want to do which kind of mixes music and movie together, that’s really interesting.

CONFRONT: Alright, thank you so much for your time and have a good show tonight!

MIKA: Alright, take care!

Edited by kreacher

This belongs here

Little article in La Presse

http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/separes-...e-nelligan.php

Deux artistes au regard romantique que la grande musique n'effraie pas. On sait que le chanteur britannique Mika se produira l'an prochain avec l'OSM à Montréal. En 1990, notre poète Émile Nelligan avait eu, lui, son hommage à l'Opéra de Montréal, dans une oeuvre signée André Gagnon et Michel Tremblay. Nos remerciements vont à Julie Harvey.

Every week, readers are invited to send pics of people they think look alike...

Emile Nelligan is a French Canadian poet.

They say these two artists, with their romantic look, aren't afraid of the big classical music. Mika will perform with OSM in February 2015 and there was an Opera tribute to Nelligan in 1990.

Never seen so much of Mika in my local paper!

CONFRONT: What do you prefer about doing a show?

MIKA: I always plan to do three different shows within one tour. This is a really small, very kind of intimate thing. We have a piano and two musicians, the audience talks to me, request songs, I talk to the audience, it’s very loose, there’s a rough plan but it changes every night. It’s really special, it shows people that I can have the same effect even without ten people on stage, confettis, it’s me and a piano and we can still create our own universe, it’s really important to show that.

CONFRONT: What do you prefer, doing a show like this and have more intimacy with the fans or doing a big show with a lot of musicians and decorations?

MIKA: I really like both, I was in Switzerland two or three weeks ago and for that show there was 9000 people, it was amazing! And then coming back and doing the small shows is like exercising a different muscle, I always like doing both because, when I do only the small show I really miss the big show and when I do the big show I really miss being able to change things on a nightly basis like I can with the acoustic show. I think its really important to do both and its important for the fans to have access to both shows, the only problem wth the acoustic shows is that because I only do them in small venues sometimes it sells out really quickly, one day i would love to put myself at this dream of being in a theater, sitting there in one space for three weeks and do a show every night.

Thats a great, very interesting interview!

It made me smile that he mentioned the show in Switzerland, that was pretty amazing indeed! Totally agree with what he says about liking both the big and the more intimate shows! It's wonderful to have the experience of both types of gigs. Also regardless of being small or big all of Mika's concerts are always super special!!

And love that he mentioned the theatre residency, hope this happens very soon:wub2:

CONFRONT: After doing shows all over the world, is there a country or a city that that you fell in love with?

MIKA: Lisbon, im obsessed with Lisbon, I could live there tomorrow because it’s so full of spirit, a very particular kind of spirit. I love Amsterdam because it’s so creative, and I fell in love with Montreal as well because I worked a lot there, I was recording and writing and as a result it’s a city that I feel very comfortable creating music in, it’s a very unique place and food is delicious. The only problem with Montreal is that it’s way too ****ing cold! (Laughs)

What??

No italian cities, no italy, not even a little slice of it? :shun:

I constantly develop my ideas and my melodies and I’m not driven by commercial desires, im not driven by radio as much as it may infuriate some of the people who’s job is to sell my music and to get my music on radio.

I like this ! :thumb_yello:

What??

I think he really likes Lisbon, he mentioned it again last autumn in an Italian interview

We shouldn't complain about Italy not being mentioned, if it turns out he's sincere once in a while! :naughty:

What??

I like this ! :thumb_yello:

:naughty: Don't you worry my dear - this's a one year old interview, which means before MIKAs XF adventure!:blush-anim-cl: I think we all have to agree that it was XF which gave MIKA a megastar status in Italy, even he loved your country before it started...

Thank you Kreacher for finding, and sharing, this interesting interview :huglove:

And if Montreal is too cold Cathouzouf, I think I'll feel very much at home there, if I visit this city next Febr. :naughty: In one months time we should know who from MFC was lucky enough to catch a tic or two! The dream would be if everybody who wanted, got it, and if we could stay together in the hall, during MIKAs performances ...:fisch:

Love,love

me

• 1 month later...

Older press, but I couldn't find it in the searches, so if it's a rerun, I apologize. Thought it might be enjoyable, and since it's not in mainstream media, even better!

MAGIC MIKA: POP STAR TALKS NEW ALBUM, COMING OUT AND STRIPPING DOWN TO HIS UNDERWEAR, by Chris Azzopardi, in Gay Calgary Magazine, November 2012.

After years of speculation, Mika has finally confirmed it: He’s gay. Totally queer. One-hundred percent into men.

Now, moving on: The British performer’s third album, The Origin of Love, is Mika’s most self-reflective work, from opening up about his sexuality to the ebb and flow of love and the bullies that he fended off as a child. He even looks more GQ than Toys R Us kid these days.

Mika caught up with us to chat about whether he’s over talking about being gay (he’s not), his female alter egos and how tight jeans help with the high notes.

GC: So, you’re gay. Are you sick of talking about that yet?

M: (Laughs) The question before was, “Are you gay?” Now the question everywhere I go is, “What’s it like being a 29-year-old who’s gay?” It never irritated me, and it’s never something that has bothered me, so I’m not sick of it. It’s not essential to understanding my music, but I guess if you want to understand me as a real person – a person with facets and different angles – then it is important. So no, I’m all right with it, and I’m still answering those questions. It certainly didn’t make them go away. If anything it’s becoming even more a theme for conversation in interviews.

GC: How do you respond to people when they ask you what it’s like to be gay?

M: I’m like, “What do you want me to say to that?” There are so many Inappropriate things I could answer back. (Laughs) I’m like, “It’s not a color of a jacket that I chose that day.” It’s how I’ve always been programmed. It’s my brain. It’s part of who I am. I don’t really know how to answer that. I’m like, “Well, what’s it like for you to have brown hair?”

GC: Do you think the public is too concerned about celebrities’ personal lives?

M: I don’t know if the public is too concerned. I think that at the end of the day, let’s face it, it’s a choice; anyone who says that every celebrity or public person doesn’t have a choice is insane. For many years I always said I’m not hiding my sexuality; it’s innately a part of what I do and what I’ve always done in my music, but whether I label myself or not, that is my personal choice and I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. I did frustrate people and have to deal with the consequences of those choices, just like I have to deal with the consequences of labeling myself at this point in time. But the reason I was comfortable to label myself is because it was a decision I made on my own. I did it from a position of joy and confidence, and I felt like it was the right time. There was nothing negative, or no pressure, associated with the process or act of labeling myself as gay.

GC: For years, you were considered bisexual after you were misquoted, as you’ve said, in a Netherlands magazine. Why didn’t you ever come forward and clear that up?

M: What am I supposed to say: “No, I’m not bisexual”? If I’m gonna talk about, I’ll leave it until I talk about my sexuality in an open, confident and unpressured way. Again, I made that decision, that right to take time and do things at my own pace. And I was like, “When I deal with this, I’ll deal with this properly. There’s no point dealing with something in a small way; when I do it, I hve to do it in a positive way.”

It’s not a negative thing. Whatever it is, it’s not negative. If you zoom out and look at it with perspective, there’s no part of this that’s negative, because it’s a developing story. I’m 29 and I’m probably going to be a different person when I’m 33, so maybe we’ll be having a conversation then about sexuality or the politics of sexuality, and I may have completely different things to say about it. But all I know is that I’m happy and completely comfortable with my sexuality, and I can talk about it and say I’m not the 13-year-old who was looking at himself in the mirror and thinking, “How the hell am I gonna shake this sense of fear or pressure that I feel? Is there a way out?”

So when I did the interview with Instinct recently, quite honestly, I was a little nervous – but I wasn’t fearful. That’s why I knew it was the right thing to do. I said to myself, “Talk as if you’re talking to this 13-year-old who doesn’t know how to get out of how he’s feeling right now.”

GC: You’re 29? You seem so much younger.

M: There is a naïve childishness to my music. Even with this new record, which is definitely an evolution, it is more mature, but it’s still got this sense of mischief. There is that sense of youth. It’s essential to always be able to look at stuff in life in awe; if you know you can be in awe, or be awed by something, you know that you’re alive. I guess people can sometimes misunderstand that for childishness, because often it’s children who stand there with their mouth open, but I guess I’m very comfortable standing there looking at things with my mouth open… being in awe. (Laughs) If an extremely beautiful person is walking down the street, I’ll just stand there and stare and they think I’m the biggest psycho in the world.

I also can’t say I know many adults who dance around their bedroom in just their underwear.

(Laughs) And on the one hand, I’m fully aware that for that video (for “We Are Golden”), there are moments of it where I look ridiculous, like in a bad way, and there are moments where I look great. It’s the combination of those two things I’m fine with. I quite like it.

GC: You don’t mind looking a little ridiculous?

M: Sometimes. As long as you can look hot a minute later. (Laughs)

GC: You sampled a Wicked tune for your song “Popular” off the new album – a song that’s directed toward bullies. Can you explain the process of writing that?

M: I wrote it with a friend of mine called Priscilla Renea; she’s becoming really well known for writing a lot of urban and hip-hop stuff. She’s actually the one singing on it with me. We were sitting there and I was like, “Do you know that melody from the Wicked song, ‘Popular’?” and she completely geeked out and I burst out laughing. I was like, “Listen to you. You walk around in your three-inch-long fake nails and you write raps and hooks on hardcore rap songs. Does anyone know you like Wicked?” And we laughed about it.

She was tortured in school. She was made to feel like sh** every day. And we were laughing how the people who write pop songs are often the least popular growing up. It’s that bizarre thing: You end up writing something that is innately popular or designed to be popular. So it started off like that. We wrote it as a conversation. I would say some things and she would answer back. I guess we were both thinking of that horrible feeling you get when you walk across the schoolyard. Bizarrely, I still feel that sometimes when I’m put in certain situations – that schoolyard mentality comes right back.

Isn’t it weird? I can feel threatened sometimes, but when I’m onstage – no matter who I’m singing in front of – I feel like that’s my boxing ring and I have nothing to fear, and everything to say. I guess that’s where I found my outlet.

GC: Elphaba or Glinda?

M: Elphaba is too soppy. I don’t feel sorry for her or her greenness. Like, she’s green – tough sh**, get over it. (Laughs) I actually do find her really irritating. Gotta be honest. And when she sings “Defying Gravity”, I’m like, OK, big deal.

GC: What’s the highest note you can sing?

M: It depends on the day and other various factors: altitude and whether I drank the night before. And it depends on the tightness of my jeans.

GC: The tighter the better, right?

M: The tighter the better. Always.

GC: Is the namesake on the song “Emily” an alter ego of yours?

M: It actually kind of is. I have various pen names, because I write for other people and sometimes it’s easier when no one knows who’s written or co-written the song. So I have this little fleet of girls’ first names that I write under. One of them got discovered and it’s out, but I’ve got a few others that are still nice and safe.

GC: How does your boyfriend play into The Origin of Love?

M: On the record you can hear a horrific breakup, you can hear me questioning myself and going on dates with other people, and then you can hear me finally finding love in the person who I was originally with – you see this transition through the record. I think for him, it’s a record with a happy ending – well, for both of us – but it’s definitely something that I think he sees a lot of truth in. As funny as it may seem, and as flippant and ironic as it may come across, “Love You When I’m Drunk” was written completely from truth.

GC: There’s no question that a lot of your songs have radio potential, but they’re often overlooked by American radio. Do you think that has anything to do with you being gay or your songs being flamboyant?

M: I was accidentally copied on an email a couple of years ago, and it was from a person at radio saying that they wouldn’t play “Love Today” because it sounded like a guy who was singing in the range of a girl. I immediately assumed this had to do with sexuality or identity and I got really angry, and then I just was like, “You know what, it’s not; that’s just an excuse. It cannot be a reason.” I may just be naïve, but I don’t know – it cannot be the reason. Maybe I’m just being a dick and I should take a reality pill, but if I took that reality pill then maybe I wouldn’t have made this last record, and I think that would have been a shame.

With that said, I wanted to tour America again and (the label) was like, “Let’s do three shows and see how it goes.” So we put the three shows on sale and they sold out in 52 seconds – all three shows sold out in 52 seconds! I can sell shows in America when I haven’t been there in four years and I haven’t had a single played on radio. I can keep on building my niche and my fans are faithful and I don’t have to compromise any part of myself or my writing. If that’s the case, then I’ll keep going.

Edited by Kezza
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

In 2014

an interview by Richard Burnett :  Canadian columnist

Pop phenom Mika on new album and tour, his idol Freddie Mercury and the showbiz closet
Posted by Richard Burnett | Wednesday, 4 April 2013 | Music

Mika.gif mika-55-300x183.jpegBy Richard Burnett for Curtains Up!  @bugsburnett

British pop star Mika came out as a gay man in an interview with Instinct magazine last autumn.

“If you ask me am I gay, I say yeah. Are these [new] songs about my relationship with a man? I say yeah. And it’s only through my music that I’ve found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics,”

said the 28-year-old singer who headlines Montreal’s Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre on April 6.

“This is my real life,”

Mika then said about the songs on his current album The Origin of Love.

But I remember the handsome pop phenom played coy when I met him at the Auberge Le St-Gabriel in Old Montreal a couple of years ago. Mika turned to me, legs crossed, pretending to hold a cigarette, and did his finest imitation of Freddie Mercury.

“Yes, dahling,” Mika said à la Mercury. “Hello, dear!”

On this day Mika was very playful. “And he holds his beer like this,” he continued, imitating Mercury from the famous backstage British TV interview on the Queen – We Will Rock You: Live in Montreal 1981 DVD. “And he hardly drinks it!”

“You must get a lot of comparisons with Freddie,” I said.

“For being condescending?” Mika asked.

“No, for being fabulous!”

Not to mention dodging questions about his sexuality, a subject that – like Mercury before him – had dogged the singer since he first rose to fame.

But when I asked Mika the pop star why he thought his private life wasn’t public property, he stared at me and replied,

“Because I don’t offer it up for sale.”

Now that he has come out, Mika acknowledges the songs on his current album The Origin of Love are indeed about his relationship with a man.

Fans can expect the pop star to sing many of his new songs at his April 6 concert at the Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre.

Meanwhile, Mika told me he himself prefers female singers.

“When you’re a woman singing, you can evoke so many [poses],” he said.

“You can be sexy, authoritative and ballsy. You can be motherly and confident, strong or weak, in need. Traditionally male singers don’t show vulnerability. Think of Sinatra, Mel Tormé, all the great singers [and] all the great [male] rock singers – they’re never really vulnerable.”

Then Mika copped another Freddie Mercury pose and said,

“Unless they’re playing with gender.”

• 5 weeks later...

Four out of five stars seems to be the prevailing opinion, doesn't it? Thanks for posting, Catherine. All this positive press is wonderful. The Milwaukee Journal has a column published every Tuesday where they give quick reviews of new releases. I was outraged this week when NPIH was not included!

• Like 1

Thanks!

Didn't realize it was from last year...

you're welcome!

I've noticed, that Canadian press was being posted both here in the old thread and in the French Press one, so I thought we'd better have a Canadian press thread :original:

Four out of five stars seems to be the prevailing opinion, doesn't it? Thanks for posting, Catherine. All this positive press is wonderful. The Milwaukee Journal has a column published every Tuesday where they give quick reviews of new releases. I was outraged this week when NPIH was not included![/quote

That was me when Origin of love was out... I even exchange emails with a journalist from La Presse about them not reviewing the album.

Thank god time changed :D

• 4 weeks later...

Stumbled into this today... From September 2014

http://www.lapresse.ca/vivre/societe/201409/19/01-4801793-fiers-detre-bordeliques.php

Proud to be chaotic... Guess who's featured?

Mika, désordonné créatif

L'auteur-compositeur-interprète à succès Mika affirme que pour être créatif, il faut être désordonné. Mais il prend soin de ne pas tout mélanger. « Je suis une personne désordonnée, mais j'ai clairement divisé ma vie en deux: d'un côté, la maison qui est rangée, et de l'autre, mon bureau, un véritable bordel. Mais je sais retrouver chaque chose de manière très précise. »

Dans sa maison, à Londres, tout est toujours impeccable parce qu'il a engagé du personnel pour s'occuper du rangement. « J'avoue qu'autrement, ce serait un vrai désastre, car je suis prédisposé au fouillis », reconnaît-il. « Le seul endroit où personne ne pénètre, pas même une personne pour faire le ménage, c'est mon bureau! Même si c'est très désordonné, je suis vraiment à l'aise dans cette pièce, ça me rend très créatif et c'est moi qui passe l'aspirateur! », précise-t-il.

Fait intéressant, Mika évoque le désordre qui règne dans ses ordinateurs. « Le nouveau bordel contemporain, pour moi, se trouve dans nos ordinateurs. Oh! Vous devriez voir ça! J'ai tellement de problèmes à gérer mes fichiers que lorsque je n'ai plus de mémoire, j'achète un nouveau Mac. Je les collectionne comme les livres et les magazines. Ils sont dans ma bibliothèque, clairement identifiés. » Il a tellement peur de perdre ses précieux fichiers qu'il refuse de confier ses ordinateurs à qui que ce soit, même un spécialiste. « J'ai tellement peur de ne plus m'y retrouver. »

Translation:

Mika, messy creative

The singer-songwriter Mika says that to be successively creative, you have to be messy. But he is careful not to mix everything. "I am a messy person, but I clearly divided my life in two: on one side, the house is tidy, and the other, my office, a real mess. But I know how to find everything very precisely. "

In his house in London, everything is always immaculate because he has hired staff to take care of storage. "I admit that otherwise it would be a disaster, because I am prone to clutter," he acknowledges. "The only place where no one enters, not even someone to do the housework, this is my office! Although it is very messy, I'm really comfortable in this room, it makes me very creative and it is I who is vacuuming! "He says.

Interestingly, Mika evokes the disorder in his computers. "The new contemporary brothel, for me, is in our computers. Oh! You should see that! I have so many problems to manage my files when I have no more memory, I buy a new Mac. I collect them as books and magazines. They are in my library, clearly identified. "He is so afraid of losing valuable files he refuses to entrust its computers to anyone, even an expert. "I'm so afraid of not finding anything. "

Edited by cathouzouf
  • Like 4