Mika in US & Canadian Press - 2013/2014

krysady

Good interview, thanks for posting in LaraMay!

I heard (from Mika via another MFCer) it was a bong. :teehee:

That's sweet about his teacher. It's easy to imagine a lot of people seeing something special in Mika so I'm not surprised he's gotten that kind of help along the way. I had some pretty useless teachers but a few of them were pretty amazing like that too.

I dunno what they were smoking in Philly but after the gig Mika told us how in Denver people were sitting on the floor in the venue smoking a bong :aah:

Edited by kreacher

*Waiting for the "ERRR ME GAWD MIKA SMOKED!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HE IS SOOO PURRRFECT USUALLY WHY WHYYYYY?" comments.

he didn't smoke. he's a poor passive-smoking victim. :mf_rosetinted:

seriously, i think that smoking should be forbidden at concerts (indoor ones at least), luckily in germany that's the case since a few years. i find it very selfish and unacceptable to smoke in a crowd, it's about as unpleasant for non-smokers as someone constantly farting would be for everyone who is able to smell. might be a minor problem in an open-air venue, but in a small closed club it's just :doh:

but well, mika probably enjoyed getting stoned for free, otherwise he just could have commented on it in the show / asked that person to stop or go to the back til they're finished. :naughty:

seriously, i think that smoking should be forbidden at concerts (indoor ones at least), luckily in germany that's the case since a few years.

I'm pretty sure it's forbidden to smoke pot anywhere but that doesn't mean people obey the rules. :naughty: Maybe it's okay in Denver since the November elections to smoke pot generally because if I recall Colorado voted to legalize marijuana but I would still think it's not okay to smoke anything at an indoor venue.

We have a new venue by the beach that is completely outdoors and I'm going to need to wear a gas mask to Bjork if I want to remain sober. :aah:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zack-rosen/the-nowhere-boy-mika-finds-confidence-in-coming-out_b_3111440.html

Where Mika was once a jumbo pack of sour-centered bubblegum, he's now a candy befitting his upcoming 30th birthday -- say, a vegan gummybear at the bottom of a kombucha bottle: sweet, sustainable, effervescent and with an unexpected resonance. The singer recently completed a small U.S. tour, including Washington, D.C.'s ultra-polite 6th and I Synagogue, further proving that a pop star can change his stripes.

I love that image :teehee:

And Heroes!! :wub2: My favourite of this album It warmed my heart when I read he chose to mention that one :blush-anim-cl:

• 1 month later...

the interview from windycitymediagroup (http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3892336&postcount=66) has been re-published as "interview of the week" on the interviewer's blog, together with a new picture:

Site: nunnontherun

http://www.nunnontherun.com/main/mika-3

by Jerry Nunn 22-05-2013, he is the Entertainment Editor for ChicagoPride.com, Writer/Photographer NunnontheRun.com , Windy City Times, Fusion Radio,The Edge, ChicagoPride.com ,Nightspots Magazine, and Gozamos! :wink2:

From twitter: Jerry Nunn ‏@jerrynunn 1h

@mikasounds Our interview is up on my personal website, come back to Chicago soon!

531777_10151600562407994_1578438244_n.jpg

thanks krjsantos and eriko for finding and posting!

• 3 weeks later...
Mika moves into movies

By: Tom Lanham | 03/24/13 6:11 PM

Special to The SF Examiner

Pop star Mika, whose new album is ““The Origin of Love,” appears in new film directed by Fanny Ardant.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/entertainment/music/2013/03/mika-moves-movies#ixzz2OWbnWyLo

The FILM "Cadences obstinées" will be released at 4 December, 2013 :thumb_yello:

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=216916.html

Hope it will be released in Japan too. :wub2:

343969BCcvkScCMAArCN7.jpg

Thank you for finding and telling this!! :thumb_yello:

It will be my X-mas eve, in advance :wink2: Sooo exciting!!! :wub2:

Love,love

me

This film won't be seen in the UK.

Come on Mika! You still have fans in England, Scotland, Wales and in Ulster and Eire (Ireland) and a few other islands dotted around our coast.

Come on Mika! You still have fans in England, Scotland, Wales and in Ulster and Eire (Ireland) and a few other islands dotted around our coast.

But I suppose we both will manage to see this film somehow - just because of our MIKA, and his role here :teehee::wub2:

Love,love

me

But I suppose we both will manage to see this film somehow - just because of our MIKA, and his role here :teehee::wub2:

Love,love

me

Yes, thanks to the MikaFreaks on MFC and other MikaFreaks on other sites, we get to see everything, from Italian X Factor, to the San Miguel ad and lots of other stuff.

But I wish he'd do something that people in UK could see, without being on a Mika fan site, or on Twitter or Facebook

Yes, thanks to the MikaFreaks on MFC and other MikaFreaks on other sites, we get to see everything, from Italian X Factor, to the San Miguel ad and lots of other stuff.

But I wish he'd do something that people in UK could see, without being on a Mika fan site, or on Twitter or Facebook

SO agree with you here - I've been thinking the same way since I found him :wub2: MIKA is way too good to be known only by fans - or music freaks :wub2: Everybody should at least be given the possibility to get to know him - and that's why I'm positive to his envolvement in things we maybe didn't see as natural for him - from the very start of his carriere :wink2:

Love,love

me

Don't be too sure of that.

Film 4 show quite a lot of foreign language films, and I follow them on Twitter. I will wait til it comes out then give them a little nudge towards it:thumb_yello:

I'm pretty sure it's forbidden to smoke pot anywhere but that doesn't mean people obey the rules. :naughty: Maybe it's okay in Denver since the November elections to smoke pot generally because if I recall Colorado voted to legalize marijuana but I would still think it's not okay to smoke anything at an indoor venue.

We have a new venue by the beach that is completely outdoors and I'm going to need to wear a gas mask to Bjork if I want to remain sober. :aah:

It is legal to smoke pot in my country :glasses2:

Don't be too sure of that.

Film 4 show quite a lot of foreign language films, and I follow them on Twitter. I will wait til it comes out then give them a little nudge towards it:thumb_yello:

Mamiam and RAKI, I agree with both of you, but I don't know how to do a multi quote.

They do show foreign movies in the UK. Maybe they'll show the movie Mika is in, but it's not a big part, from what I can gather.

Yes, I also approve if Mika does something to draw some attention to himself. Even if it's not the usual popstar stuff. I wish he was on X Factor UK. I'd be the happiest person alive if he was, because it would definitely get him back on top in the UK.

Mamiam and RAKI, I agree with both of you, but I don't know how to do a multi quote.

They do show foreign movies in the UK. Maybe they'll show the movie Mika is in, but it's not a big part, from what I can gather.

Yes, I also approve if Mika does something to draw some attention to himself. Even if it's not the usual popstar stuff. I wish he was on X Factor UK. I'd be the happiest person alive if he was, because it would definitely get him back on top in the UK.

I think Mellody once told me how to multi quote, but I've forgotten - so like you I do it the "simple, old way" hehe :wink2: No, I don't think MIKAs role is a big part - he's "only the piano player" ( dont't shoot me etc - Elton John) but it's surely a nice start - and I'm dieing to see him on the big screen :teehee::wub2:

You're right - if MIKA was in the X Factor UK people would wake up from their Tornerose sleep - I really can't accept that he's a "forgotten star" in UK - that doesn't make sense at all :doh:

Love,love

me

I think Mellody once told me how to multi quote, but I've forgotten - so like you I do it the "simple, old way" hehe :wink2: No, I don't think MIKAs role is a big part - he's "only the piano player" ( dont't shoot me etc - Elton John) but it's surely a nice start - and I'm dieing to see him on the big screen :teehee::wub2:

You're right - if MIKA was in the X Factor UK people would wake up from their Tornerose sleep - I really can't accept that he's a "forgotten star" in UK - that doesn't make sense at all :doh:

Love,love

me

To multiquote, you hit the MQ button on the first post you want to quote, an then any subsequent posts, then on the last post you want to quote, you press the Quote button, and on the reply window, you will see all the posts you MQ'd :thumb_yello:

To multiquote, you hit the MQ button on the first post you want to quote, an then any subsequent posts, then on the last post you want to quote, you press the Quote button, and on the reply window, you will see all the posts you MQ'd :thumb_yello:

THANK YOU so much !! - very kind of you to teach us "oldies" this again :thumb_yello: - I'll try to practise this from now on :wink2:

Love,love

me

Thank you *writes down the instructions*

• 2 months later...
A colleague of mine told me she heard on the radio there should be an interview with Mika this saturday September 14 on Espace Musique at 8 pm

http://www.espace.mu/

I don't know if the emission will be available afterward...

Oh, that's great news -- I actually get that station on SiriusXM. Of course, it'll be in French, won't it? Oh well, it'll test me. Thanks!:thumb_yello: