MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Plus we assumed that there were chances as SKY subscribers and there were a few contests with the sponsors as well.

So we all thought that we had a few chances to enter, hence our disappointment.

I hope there is still some good luck out there to be had and some people still manage to get tickets even if everyone can't be guaranteed a place.

Re. the judges: they don't seem to have so much freedom as Mika claimed they had, he must have realized it himself by now.

Yes I'm sorry but that was an extremely naive belief. There is too much money involved. It's not just TV dollars but all the record sales, tours, etc. that come later. The people who own this show get a cut of everything. Why would they leave it in the hands of the judges to do whatever they want? Mika had a hard enough time getting a record contract where he could do whatever he wanted and it sure wasn't Simon Cowell & co who came up with an offer that allowed him any kind of creative control.

I hope there is still some good luck out there to be had and some people still manage to get tickets even if everyone can't be guaranteed a place.

sorry, I meant 'I thought we had more chances to enter'

yes, the chances are tiny, but I do hope that some of us will still be able to attend

Yes I'm sorry but that was an extremely naive belief. There is too much money involved. It's not just TV dollars but all the record sales, tours, etc. that come later. The people who own this show get a cut of everything. Why would they leave it in the hands of the judges to do whatever they want? Mika had a hard enough time getting a record contract where he could do whatever he wanted and it sure wasn't Simon Cowell & co who came up with an offer that allowed him any kind of creative control.
I didn't know this program, I had only watched a couple of episodes, and not even in their entirety, when Mika was here at XFactor's Italia as a guest, and until the auditions things appeared to be better than they really are.

yes, IMO the point is that it wasn't clear from the beginning at all, that it was almost impossible to attend the live shows: we had tickets for the auditions in different ways, as Mika fans as well; as for the shows we knew that both TM and Universal were asking for tickets (there was also a contest by Universal like for the auditions), we knew that tickets were going to be on sale and usually, like it happened at RAI's in 2009, they let quite a few people in last minute. SKY work in a different way, iirc I've heard someone talk about overbooking.

Plus we assumed that there were chances as SKY subscribers and there were a few contests with the sponsors as well.

So we all thought that we had chances to enter, hence our disappointment.

The cherry on top is a bad and unclear organization :doh:

Re. tickets: from what I've heard there seem to be only a few tickets on sale (200 ?) and a huge request (10.000) per show: that must be the reason why it's almost impossible to purchase them and the site doesn't work well probably coz it's overloaded.

Re. the judges: they don't seem to have so much freedom as Mika claimed they had, he must have realized it himself by now.

I think that when Mika talks about freedom, he means 'artistic freedom'.

That means the judges and the vocal coaches can work with the contestants however they want (in RAI they couldn't give too many not so known songs for example, because it had to satisfy a wider audience); it means that they can say in their judgments whatever they want, that they can work on the arrangements, they can experiment, that basically they don't have to conform to anything ARTISTICALLY.

That's his whole point, and basically his only interest; I honestly think Mika doesn't give a damn about the organization side, and the whole business machine his work as a judge is put into. He only cares about the artistic point of view: the choice of the songs, the rehearsals with the contestants, the visual aspect, the live show itself and the musical debates after the performances.

I agree with you all, of course everything is in the hands of the 'bosses' of Sky and Sony (the record company that partners XF), but that does not affect the fact that, at least during the programme and during their whole work, the judges are, as Mika says, very free to do what they want.

And that's what I -as a person who watches XF in tv- care about. As I said before, for me it would have been a very nice plus to see a show live, but fundamentally a plus.

In Sky's mind people in the audience are not supposed to enjoy the show, but to represent and cheer for the contestants. You can see that after a performance when they always show their 'fanclubs'. Everything is for the sake of what appears on tv, that's the main thing, the means through which people are supposed to enjoy the show.

Then of course the organization is terrible (we're in Italy after all XD), quite offensive, and they should have been more sincere about the real possibilities of watching the show live; but what I wanted to say is that this burocratic side has nothing to do with what goes actually on during the programme.

I just enjoy, as I said in some other posts, the positive side of it, that is the artistic side.

Having said that, I honestly hope that those who'd like to get a ticket can get one! :) and well, if you come from abroad, even if you don't get the ticket you can still enjoy Italy, which -believe me- has some things that are quite better than XFactor ;)

Teresa, I don't think he's 100% free from an artistic point of you either, but I believe, that he has to compromise in that regard as well

I think that when Mika talks about freedom, he means 'artistic freedom'.

That means the judges and the vocal coaches can work with the contestants however they want (in RAI they couldn't give too many not so known songs for example, because it had to satisfy a wider audience); it means that they can say in their judgments whatever they want, that they can work on the arrangements, they can experiment, that basically they don't have to conform to anything ARTISTICALLY.

That's his whole point, and basically his only interest; I honestly think Mika doesn't give a damn about the organization side, and the whole business machine his work as a judge is put into. He only cares about the artistic point of view: the choice of the songs, the rehearsals with the contestants, the visual aspect, the live show itself and the musical debates after the performances.

I agree with you all, of course everything is in the hands of the 'bosses' of Sky and Sony (the record company that partners XF), but that does not affect the fact that, at least during the programme and during their whole work, the judges are, as Mika says, very free to do what they want.

And that's what I -as a person who watches XF in tv- care about. As I said before, for me it would have been a very nice plus to see a show live, but fundamentally a plus.

In Sky's mind people in the audience are not supposed to enjoy the show, but to represent and cheer for the contestants. You can see that after a performance when they always show their 'fanclubs'. Everything is for the sake of what appears on tv, that's the main thing, the means through which people are supposed to enjoy the show.

Then of course the organization is terrible (we're in Italy after all XD), quite offensive, and they should have been more sincere about the real possibilities of watching the show live; but what I wanted to say is that this burocratic side has nothing to do with what goes actually on during the programme.

I just enjoy, as I said in some other posts, the positive side of it, that is the artistic side.

Having said that, I honestly hope that those who'd like to get a ticket can get one! :) and well, if you come from abroad, even if you don't get the ticket you can still enjoy Italy, which -believe me- has some things that are quite better than XFactor ;)

Hello guys!

I would like to inform you that Mika will be the guest on Radio rds on November 7! It will be possible to see it instreaming at ths link :

http://www.rds.it/mika-in-diretta-video-streaming/?utm_content=buffere579e&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

:thumb_yello:

thanks for the news Isabella, I've opened a thread about it!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3959806#post3959806

Teresa, I don't think he's 100% free from an artistic point of you either, but I believe, that he has to compromise in that regard as well

Why? what's happened? I must be missing something,I didn't feel he's doing something he doesn't want to,not even for a second :dunno:

I'm in Italy already, I began to plan my trip more than a month ago and at that time we had no idea the show would be unavailable. I thought about auditions where were competitions for fans to win tickets and some fans assured me there will be something for us in the live shows. So I had no idea fans won't be welcoming on XF. And some events like Swatch life performances and The Voice auditions were announced later. By that time I've booked my trip to Italy to exact dates and couldn't change it. It's just my bad luck this time and not someone's fault of course. But when you write it was obvious from the beginning I feel myself stupid and crazy. I'd never come to Milan in November without any hope to see Mika at the XF and I'd chose other place for my vacation perhaps. And I'm not a screaming girl at all. I'd never scream Mika's name even at his show because it feels like his job too :aah: Sorry I can't make quotes with my phone :blush-anim-cl: But when some of you write that this situation was obvious, it's not worth travelling from far away and Mika doesn't want fans to distract him I feel I need to say something. I always have to travel from far away for Mika because I live too far from the places he makes his shows. I even have to fly 4 hours to Moscow :doh: And I always have to plan my trip a month or two before the event because of flighs and visa. Ok, now I'm relieved a bit :aah: Sorry for my speach :blush-anim-cl:

we all believed, that attending the live shows would have been way easier, than it really is atm

as I wrote in one of my previous posts, to me it wasn't obvious from the beginning at all, although I don't think I would have travelled a long way just to attend a live show ticketless

I really hope, you'll be luckier than we were last week and that you're enjoying Italy anyway! :huglove:

and don't forget that everyone and his dog could find tickets for the first episode, so we thought it would be easy for us on the thursday after as well.

to tell the truth I didn't expect it to be easy, since they had been lucky, but I believed, that we still had chances to find spare tickets and to enter last minute

Why? what's happened? I must be missing something,I didn't feel he's doing something he doesn't want to,not even for a second :dunno:
I have no proof, it's just a personal belief, feeling, based on what I've seen, heard, read about the subject

for instance in the 2nd live show I don't have the impression, that he speaks absolutely freely

we all believed, that attending the live shows would have been way easier, than it really is atm

as I wrote in one of my previous posts, to me it wasn't obvious from the beginning at all, although I don't think I would have travelled a long way just to attend a live show ticketless

I really hope, you'll be luckier than we were last week and that you're enjoying Italy anyway! :huglove:

Well, the truth is that I would travel to Europe this week anyway. I had 8 days of my vacation left. But Mika was the main reason to choose Italy and Milan. And he was the main reason not to stay at home :aah: And I'm glad that I decided to go because I love Italy very much :thumb_yello:

Well, the truth is that I would travel to Europe this week anyway. I had 8 days of my vacation left. But Mika was the main reason to choose Italy and Milan. And he was the main reason not to stay at home :aah: And I'm glad that I decided to go because I love Italy very much :thumb_yello:
i'm glad to hear you would have travelled anyway :thumb_yello:

Hello guys!

I would like to inform you that Mika will be the guest on Radio rds on November 7! It will be possible to see it instreaming at ths link :

http://www.rds.it/mika-in-diretta-video-streaming/?utm_content=buffere579e&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

:thumb_yello:

Tks, Isabella, hope that someone will be able to see him, above all people coming from abroad, good luck everybody!

I know it´s a lot of work but can we have a translation of what is said at the daily 7 video ? :pray: I think I have a clue about it but it´s not the same as to know.....

Here is the translation of the assignments of day 7.

I put this * when I had translated the part with the white background.

M: Ok , this song to me is an amazing song and it represents freedom .

V: Ok

M: We must work to reinvent this song, for you. I hope you know this song!

V: I hope so too.

M: This is called ".... ( title song of Violetta , I did not understand )

M: Oh , **** ! You don't know it!

V: Maybe if I hear that I know it.

M. the cure ? you don't know the cure ?

V. I know the cure

M: Good.

M: THE CURE !

M* : I made ​​a choice of a 90s song that I love of the cure: a perfect choice for her, I think.

V * : I like it, let's say that sound 90s is not my favorite.

M: And this week you will do this performance on stage with the ukulele.

V *: When they told me that I can sing with the ukulele was a moment of joy.

M *: The new challenge is doing something that is not soft . To do something a little fresher.

V: I'm glad .

M : Ah, ok , well thank you! Goodbye.

V: Goodbye .

M : I think I'm more happy that her! When I hear this song I'm like a child. A 16 years child on the dancefloor in London illegally.

M: Valentina !

M : So , this week is the best for me because I'm a guy of 90s. This song is a song by Dolly Parton .

V: Ah .

M : For you we'll do the version of the '90s.

V * : I really like it, it's called ghetto superstar . There will also be a rap and therefore it is really my thing.

M: Okay, do you like?

V: A lot.

M: You need to do your own version of this song.

V: Ok.

M *: We have to have a good time on stage. Also a nice voice.

M: Goodbye. A great challenge .

V: Yes, there is to be studied.

M: But a good challenge.

V * : I restart with more grit .

M: Gaia !

G : It's my turn.

M: For you, I chose a song that I think is perfect to demonstrate your vocal ability .

G : I'm curious .

M: You don't know this song ?

G : No.

M: It's amazing . It's amazing .

* G : I was assigned " I'll stand by you" which is a song still very melodic and gritty .

M : There's so much melody in this song and perhaps seems a bit hard to learn but it is not difficult to learn, really . And there is so much space in this song; the words are easy.

G : I want the text !

G* : I have to listen to the song to make me get out of sight because I don't know that.

M: You absolutely must by this time, listen to this song 100 times.

M: Roberta ?

R : Oh, help,

Girls: Go.

M : Ok, for you my favorite song . The melody is incredible.

R : I have to hear it.

M. Ok .

Roberta sings a piece of song.

M : That's not good ! (sing a piece of song himself ) you look like an idiot . If you sing it like that! Just sing it! Smile! (Laughs)

M : How do you dance?

R : Awful .

M: Okay, go!

M: Roberta Pompa is not gonna dance in x factor . You're not gonna dance, ever.

Here is the translation of the assignments of day 7.

I put this * when I had translated the part with the white background.

M: Ok , this song to me is an amazing song and it represents freedom .

V: Ok

M: We must work to reinvent this song, for you. I hope you know this song!

V: I hope so too.

M: This is called ".... ( title song of Violetta , I did not understand )

M: Oh , **** ! You don't know it!

V: Maybe if I hear that I know it.

M. the cure ? you don't know the cure ?

V. I know the cure

M: Good.

M: THE CURE !

M* : I made ​​a choice of a 90s song that I love of the cure: a perfect choice for her, I think.

V * : I like it, let's say that sound 90s is not my favorite.

M: And this week you will do this performance on stage with the ukulele.

V *: When they told me that I can sing with the ukulele was a moment of joy.

M *: The new challenge is doing something that is not soft . To do something a little fresher.

V: I'm glad .

M : Ah, ok , well thank you! Goodbye.

V: Goodbye .

M : I think I'm more happy that her! When I hear this song I'm like a child. A 16 years child on the dancefloor in London illegally.

M: Valentina !

M : So , this week is the best for me because I'm a guy of 90s. This song is a song by Dolly Parton .

V: Ah .

M : For you we'll do the version of the '90s.

V * : I really like it, it's called ghetto superstar . There will also be a rap and therefore it is really my thing.

M: Okay, do you like?

V: A lot.

M: You need to do your own version of this song.

V: Ok.

M *: We have to have a good time on stage. Also a nice voice.

M: Goodbye. A great challenge .

V: Yes, there is to be studied.

M: But a good challenge.

V * : I restart with more grit .

M: Gaia !

G : It's my turn.

M: For you, I chose a song that I think is perfect to demonstrate your vocal ability .

G : I'm curious .

M: You don't know this song ?

G : No.

M: It's amazing . It's amazing .

* G : I was assigned " I'll stand by you" which is a song still very melodic and gritty .

M : There's so much melody in this song and perhaps seems a bit hard to learn but it is not difficult to learn, really . And there is so much space in this song; the words are easy.

G : I want the text !

G* : I have to listen to the song to make me get out of sight because I don't know that.

M: You absolutely must by this time, listen to this song 100 times.

M: Roberta ?

R : Oh, help,

Girls: Go.

M : Ok, for you my favorite song . The melody is incredible.

R : I have to hear it.

M. Ok .

Roberta sings a piece of song.

M : That's not good ! (sing a piece of song himself ) you look like an idiot . If you sing it like that! Just sing it! Smile! (Laughs)

M : How do you dance?

R : Awful .

M: Okay, go!

M: Roberta Pompa is not gonna dance in x factor . You're not gonna dance, ever.

thank you so much :flowers2:, it´s hard work. But may I dare to ask you or anyone else for the first part of the vid too? I really would like to read the part when Valentina´s Performance got discussed.

thank you so much :flowers2:, it´s hard work. But may I dare to ask you or anyone else for the first part of the vid too? I really would like to read the part when Valentina´s Performance got discussed.

Of course, do you have video link of that part? :blush-anim-cl:

I have no proof, it's just a personal belief, feeling, based on what I've seen, heard, read about the subject

for instance in the 2nd live show I don't have the impression, that he speaks absolutely freely

I got that impression only when he avoided to express his opinion about Gaia's performance,as he admitted himself later.But of course you can hear and read more than us,you must know better.:thumb_yello: