MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

I'm afraid Michele is a serious threat to Mika's girls, he was really lovely again!! Somehow it's partly Morgan choosing such suitable and pretty songs for him. Anyway, liked him a lot! But I have not a proper idea what the judges are saying to him, only words there and here...

And I must say I like Violetta more and more all the time. She wasn't my favorite but I really liked her performance this week, first moment I saw it on FB, so delicate :wub2:

Edited by tiibet

I'm afraid Michele is a serious threat to Mika's girls, he was really lovely again!! Somehow it's partly Morgan choosing such suitable and pretty songs for him. Anyway, liked him a lot! But I have not a proper idea what the judges are saying to him, only words there and here...

And I must say I like Violetta more and more all the time. She wasn't my favorite but I really liked her performance this week, first moment I saw it on FB, so delicate :wub2:

Yeah, Mika also seemed really touched.

She's not my favourite, too, I adore Gaia and Ape Escape (sorry Mika) but I adored her performance, I was sure that she would have been a blast with that song!

I can translate what judges said about Michele:

Simona:

Look, you're a sweetheart (tesoro), a little sweetheart (Morgan repeats "tesorino" miming the Voice of Mara Maionchi, another judge of the previous XF) I tell you as a mum, you're really a sweetheart, apart from your timbre, which is a treasure as well, cause it's an original one, (tesoro in Italian means sweetheart and treasure also) but when you sing that way, I can't help but feeling a lot of tenderness for you, really, you're a sweetheart, I can't say anything else.

Mika:

I'm very jealous of this performance, I'm jealous about everything: arrangements, the mood, a little bit The Cure, a little bit Tim Burton, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a bit, Teletubbies, completely strange, gentle punk, amazing, I loved that a lot.

Elio:

Yeah, it's true, paradoxically, this interesting, gentle and nice timbre of yours fits perfectly with psychedelic atmospheres, good choice.

Just one thing, I have to say that again: I cannot stand you singing those low notes, I would have let you sing in a couple of higher tones, but, it's up to you.

I notice that when you sing higher, I feel more power in it.

Morgan:

Look, there's one little bubblesoap left!

Look, it's so beautiful, it's my bubble!

Alessandro:

What do you see in it, Morgan?

Morgan:

I see life in it. Ops, it's dead. Let's say that this song is like that, a psychedelic one: let's go to the park and play together (Simo: Tesorini - little sweethearts), but it's the difference between having the blues (malinconia) and melancholy (melanconia). When you have the blues, there's always a reason, when you are melancholic, you wake up, you feel sad, but you don't know why.

It's difficult, but when Mika says "strange", it has to be strange, extravagant, alien, strange, something mysterious, a game, but a strange one, and you were so good at showing all this, it was not a craziness on stage of someone drunk, the psychedelic as the losing of consciousness, but of someone who sees a world of his own.

A funny atmosphere, but also a scary one, I would like to hear you again and again, an effect of a candy on us.

Edited by Valmont69

But he does seem to have found his stride. Tbh I don't mind waiting for the album while he's doing all this other stuff. I'm enjoying it, even though I'm not Italian. More people are getting to know him through the X Factor and the success of Popular Song.

Who's to say he and Morgan won't release the song they write, before the album comes out. Singles can come out apart from the album itself.

I'm not trying to think too far ahead. I'd sooner enjoy what's happening now and in the near future. Tbh, I'd sooner that the next album comes out after Mika comes to the attention of the UK again, otherwise he won't sell any in Britain, and that would be so sad. He needs to be established as a pop icon in the UK and USA, then he'll stand a chance with the new album.

So I can be patient.

But he seems to have found the secret to the multi-tasking he needs to do. He's not always had the knack of doing it, which is why the albums have been delayed. But that was then, this is now, and now, Mika seems to have everything under control.

:thumb_yello:

I'm sure I've already said that, I think he's one of those who work better under pressure, with less time at his disposal, and hearing new repertoire can't be bad for his inspiration.

Valmont, I can't quote you (with my mobile) but thank you so much for translating!!! :flowers2: Really enjoyed that performance, interesting to know how the judges saw it.

You're welcome!!

:blush-anim-cl:

If you have other curiosities about other performances, pls feel free and ask!!

1086cc3925ef5d3392f7dbad62a7170f_zps319878ca.jpg[/img]

Someone already knows, she's Mika's Vocal Coach.

She's known in Italy as a good singer, but it's a longtime she doesn't perform anymore, so she's well known just by 30-40yrs old, like me.

The translation of her post:

"- Beg your pardon, you are Mika's Vocal Coach, aren't you?

Focused look...

My thought: - Frankly, you little flea, I would be a singer.

My answer: - Yes

She: - Can I ask you for an autograph?

I: - Sure, sweetheart, here it is.

Mikapower, but poor Rossana... :aah::naughty:

Edited by Valmont69

To be honest Marilyn, i'm not enjoying what's going on with Mika at the moment, and i know that's not going to change for a long while yet, so i just have to wait for him to return to what is important TO ME , this swatch quiz is the only thing entertaining me at the moment and that's :insane:

How do you think he will come to the attention of the UK certainly not through xcraptor Italian, as not everyone can watch it, so i'm told, and he had the opportunity to succeed in US, with those amazing acoustic shows, but he didn't follow through with that, a missed opportunity in MY OPINION :tears:

I know it's not ideal for the UK to find out, but I hope that, for one thing, the famous people who go to sing over there will have fanclubs who will tune in or record it, or find the vids, like we do if Mika is on a foreign show.

I also hope against hope that his success will earn him a mention on X Factor UK, or XTRA Factor UK (the companion show) in the UK. I've tweeted people involved to mention Mika's success in Italy. Maybe other UK fans could do the same.

I'm hoping that POPULAR SONG continues to get hits on YT, that the fan video attracts attention and that the Wicked 10th anniversary album will be popular in the USA, and also advertised in the UK. That they'll show (on the album's ad) a clip of Mika and Ari singing POPULAR SONG and announce it as a bonus on the disc. I also hope the Swatch Ad with Underwater will be shown in the UK.

It's no use Mika releasing anything in the UK until he's known again, but it's a catch 22, still I hope for a breakthrough from the things he's doing abroad. It's not ideal, but the internet is international and I just hope for some Mika-light to get through to the UK somehow.

It's maybe clutching at straws, but it's all I can do.

I know it's not ideal for the UK to find out, but I hope that, for one thing, the famous people who go to sing over there will have fanclubs who will tune in or record it, or find the vids, like we do if Mika is on a foreign show.

I also hope against hope that his success will earn him a mention on X Factor UK, or XTRA Factor UK (the companion show) in the UK. I've tweeted people involved to mention Mika's success in Italy. Maybe other UK fans could do the same.

I'm hoping that POPULAR SONG continues to get hits on YT, that the fan video attracts attention and that the Wicked 10th anniversary album will be popular in the USA, and also advertised in the UK. That they'll show (on the album's ad) a clip of Mika and Ari singing POPULAR SONG and announce it as a bonus on the disc. I also hope the Swatch Ad with Underwater will be shown in the UK.

It's no use Mika releasing anything in the UK until he's known again, but it's a catch 22, still I hope for a breakthrough from the things he's doing abroad. It's not ideal, but the internet is international and I just hope for some Mika-light to get through to the UK somehow.

It's maybe clutching at straws, but it's all I can do.

The only thing i can see that we can be hopeful for now, is this Swatch watch and the video being aired on UK tv.

I admire you Marilyn for all your hopefulness, but i would be very surprised, if anything comes of anything else, but one can live in hope :thumb_yello:

OK,until now my fav was Gaia,but Michele was AMAZING this time :wub2: I want to join his MFC! :teehee:

I'm watching it now...I've finished the first manche.

I too LOVED Michele's performance :wub2:, really, Morgan's judgment exactly expressed the way I felt about it, he created a whole world. (btw, kudos to Morgan and his choice, I loved this psychedelic side of Michele, and I'm loving the musical path he's leading him on. Pink Floyd is not my favourite band but The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is one of my very favourite albums, I got really excited when I realized Michele was going to sing See Emily Play, and he totally didn't disappoint me!)

Oh, and LOL at the beginning "I've just seen my dress ... and this time too there will be a little sofa singing Pink Floyd!" :naughty:

I also love Gaia, but this time she was -imo- not as special as we know she can be. I didn't like the choice of the song, I'd really like to hear her sing some "heavier" song, something from the 70s, or even something new wave, she has such a special timbre Mika can experiment a lot with her, and I'm sure he will! :thumb_yello:

Still don't like Violetta that much though. Maybe for not-Italians is different, you haven't known that song as much as we have. Thing is, when Jovanotti sings it, I cry; when Violetta sings it, I see a girl sighing and trying to be emotional; she undoubltly did very well, and was very elegant and delicate, she tried to sing "with her heart on her sleeve", but honestly I felt nothing; when I saw that Mika had given her that song I thought she would be so powerful she would have everyone- me included- in tears, but it didn't happen, at least for me. Just a matter of personal tastes I suppose :) Oh, and Mika reeeeally loves that song by Jovanotti, I'm very happy for this :wink2:

Anyway, it's a very good thing that we are discussing interpretative skills and little details, because all the contestants (one can like one more than another of course), are really really good and different.

Tomorrow I'll watch the second manche! :)

Thanks everyone for finding and posting the links!!

I'm watching it now...I've finished the first manche.

I too LOVED Michele's performance :wub2:, really, Morgan's judgment exactly expressed the way I felt about it, he created a whole world. (btw, kudos to Morgan and his choice, I loved this psychedelic side of Michele, and I'm loving the musical path he's leading him on. Pink Floyd is not my favourite band but The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is one of my very favourite albums, I got really excited when I realized Michele was going to sing See Emily Play, and he totally didn't disappoint me!)

Oh, and LOL at the beginning "I've just seen my dress ... and this time too there will be a little sofa singing Pink Floyd!" :naughty:

I also love Gaia, but this time she was -imo- not as special as we know she can be. I didn't like the choice of the song, I'd really like to hear her sing some "heavier" song, something from the 70s, or even something new wave, she has such a special timbre Mika can experiment a lot with her, and I'm sure he will! :thumb_yello:

Still don't like Violetta that much though. Maybe for not-Italians is different, you haven't known that song as much as we have. Thing is, when Jovanotti sings it, I cry; when Violetta sings it, I see a girl sighing and trying to be emotional; she undoubltly did very well, and was very elegant and delicate, she tried to sing "with her heart on her sleeve", but honestly I felt nothing; when I saw that Mika had given her that song I thought she would be so powerful she would have everyone- me included- in tears, but it didn't happen, at least for me. Just a matter of personal tastes I suppose :) Oh, and Mika reeeeally loves that song by Jovanotti, I'm very happy for this :wink2:

Anyway, it's a very good thing that we are discussing interpretative skills and little details, because all the contestants (one can like one more than another of course), are really really good and different.

Tomorrow I'll watch the second manche! :)

Thanks everyone for finding and posting the links!!

I think you are totally right, as I don't have any emotional relationship with the original version I didn't compare Violetta to anyone, I just enjoyed the pretty and delicate song. On the other hand, I was really disappointed with the songs chosen to Gaia and Roberta and I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as I expected (even they both are my favorites and I'm happy Roberta is back). I haven't watched Valentina's song yet but I already think Michele did the most special performance this week.

OK,until now my fav was Gaia,but Michele was AMAZING this time :wub2: I want to join his MFC! :teehee:

I loved for the first time I saw him and I said it so if you want to joining, I'm the representative of his MFC :naughty:

On the xtra factor of thursday night they show this scene, i love it, it's mika saying to violetta before her performance to open her heart! he's soo sweet :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2: violetta recived some bad critics after the first live, someone told her that she is cold and don't give emotions when she sing.

The video is made with my phone so the quality it's awful, sorry :doh:

and the man who is speaking is very annoying, but mika's face is so sweet :mikalove::mikalove::mikalove::mikalove:

On the xtra factor of thursday night they show this scene, i love it, it's mika saying to violetta before her performance to open her heart! he's soo sweet :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2: violetta recived some bad critics after the first live, someone told her that she is cold and don't give emotions when she sing.

The video is made with my phone so the quality it's awful, sorry :doh:

and the man who is speaking is very annoying, but mika's face is so sweet :mikalove::mikalove::mikalove::mikalove:

Aaaaw that's really cute! :wub2:

I've just watched the last Xtrafactor and the first half this weeks episode :thumb_yello:

Valmont, can we see you in the background of Xtrafactor?

The Streets Clerks are so sympathic :original:, as persons they convinced me in the preview again, but their performance didn't convince me, and this happened with some of their performances now. May this format just not fit, I think they need their real instruments to convince, it's their strong point that they are a band, not just singers (aren't instruments allowed at all in XF? :blink:). I think if I had seen them in a student club like Mika I would be more convinced of their performance as well. (Ha ha, I just wrote this, stopping in the middle of Mika's judgement and than he basically said the same :naughty:)

With Gaia I think the song didn't fit so much - or not really the song, but the arrangement of the song. It was too much "pop", the "edge" was missing (because she has it in her personality and her voice, so the background was much too "fluent")

Alan… I didn't really believe him. With his voice yes, but not with his gestures and body languages, it felt acted. And I want that a performer gives me the feeling that it's "true" what he sings. When I closed my eyes I really enjoyed the performance, but not when I looked at the same time.

Michele did it again! :wub2: The first performance that fully convinced me and where I sat fascinated and smiling in front of my PC. Mikasister, can I join MFC? :naughty: He proved after the serious performance of last week that he can do "un po pazzo" very convincing as well. Not in the crazy sense, more in the "be out of the world" sense. And it's just so adorable how Morgans sings and moves along :teehee: Oh, and I like his deep tones, in opposite to what Elio says.

Fabio is a stage hog. And from the performances I've seen of Elio, Fabio fits together with him so much, he is for sure in the right team he got in. I liked this performance, dunno how he became last of the first round.

Violetta… For me the performance felt very sincere and I could see the emotions. But I can't connect to her voice. So I could feel the emotions around me, but not in me, if you know, what I mean.

And as I'm in evaluating mode right now: I like Ellie Goulding and I like the song. But this live performance was not very good. I think all performances of the contestants were better.

(And the bubbles reminded me so much of the Celebrate-balloons, I want to have a Mika-concert again :tears:)

And a translation question at the end: What is the meaning of "spaccato" / "tu hai spaccato"?

Edit: And a pronunciation question as well: We learned that an h after an c is the signal for speaking "k" and so far this rule worked very well. But not with "manche", is there a reason for that?

Edited by DerMoment1608

Back stage

seconda puntata X Factor

http://it.screen.yahoo.com/back-stage-091247827.html

sorry, I can't record the sounds... hope anybody will record or download the video.... :blush-anim-cl:

[YOUTUBE]_IIt_kKRceM[/YOUTUBE]

already posted with audio?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4f53kx6r6g93955/%28Copy+of%29+Back+stage+++Guarda+il+video+-+Yahoo+Italia2222.mp4

@DerMoment, 'hai spaccato' means 'you rocked'! I actually hate this saying but I can easily forgive Mika ;)

And yes, 'che' is read 'ke', but the word 'manche' is borrowed from French, so we keep the French pronunciation.

Ps: I thought that too about Ellie Goulding, lol, she wouldn't have made it to the next show XD