Festival Ronquières, Belgium -- 4 August 2013 -- REPORTS/VIDS/VIDS

mari62

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday evening ... :wub2: here's a short report of yesterday :)

I won two tickets for the Ronquières festival, so thank you Ticket Fairy! It was great to see Mika again! :thumb_yello:

Ronquières was an hour and a half drive, so I decided to go by car. I picked up Joyce & Ilse from MFC and my cousin decided last minute to come as well (which surprised me, as I didn't think he would like Mika). We could park our car very close to the entrance of the festival and we arrived around 5 pm. I had to collect my tickets at the guest desk, but my name wasn't on the winners list :aah: Fortunately, after a while they decided to give me the festival wristbands so I could enter the festival. First we went to the stage to say hi to some MFC-members (Kate, although it was very short, it was great to see you again! :huglove:) It was very hot so we decided to have a drink. I didn't want to wait near the stage as it was too hot and I get sunburned easily :s As the other artists where terrible (in my opinion :aah:) we decided to make a walk to have a better view on the inclined plane of Ronquières, which was quite impressive to see. Afterwards we ate something and waited until Mika's show started. We weren't close to the stage, but we had a good view.

First song was Un Soleil Mal Lune (I love it when he starts with that song :wub2: ) My cousin was surprised that he started with a song like that, but he told me afterwards he really liked it. Mika looked very happy and he talked a lot between the songs. He made the confession he had to take classes to learn to whistle (if I understood that correctly) :naughty: He also sang something about his 30th birthday and the audience started to sing "Happy Birthday to you", which was so nice :wub2: I looooved LYWID :D He made a mistake while playing Rain on the piano, so he had to start all over again. He even asked to turn off and turn on the light again, which was very cute :teehee: We had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the show :) It was over waaaay to fast! :aah:

I asked my cousin if he liked the show and he told me he REALLY liked the show and that now he finally understands why we are Mikafans :naughty::thumb_yello:

I won two tickets for the Ronquières festival, so thank you Ticket Fairy! It was great to see Mika again! :thumb_yello:

Ronquières was an hour and a half drive, so I decided to go by car. I picked up Joyce & Ilse from MFC and my cousin decided last minute to come as well (which surprised me, as I didn't think he would like Mika). We could park our car very close to the entrance of the festival and we arrived around 5 pm. I had to collect my tickets at the guest desk, but my name wasn't on the winners list :aah: Fortunately, after a while they decided to give me the festival wristbands so I could enter the festival. First we went to the stage to say hi to some MFC-members (Kate, although it was very short, it was great to see you again! :huglove:) It was very hot so we decided to have a drink. I didn't want to wait near the stage as it was too hot and I get sunburned easily :s As the other artists where terrible (in my opinion :aah:) we decided to make a walk to have a better view on the inclined plane of Ronquières, which was quite impressive to see. Afterwards we ate something and waited until Mika's show started. We weren't close to the stage, but we had a good view.

First song was Un Soleil Mal Lune (I love it when he starts with that song :wub2: ) My cousin was surprised that he started with a song like that, but he told me afterwards he really liked it. Mika looked very happy and he talked a lot between the songs. He made the confession he had to take classes to learn to whistle (if I understood that correctly) :naughty: He also sang something about his 30th birthday and the audience started to sing "Happy Birthday to you", which was so nice :wub2: I looooved LYWID :D He made a mistake while playing Rain on the piano, so he had to start all over again. He even asked to turn off and turn on the light again, which was very cute :teehee: We had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the show :) It was over waaaay to fast! :aah:

I asked my cousin if he liked the show and he told me he REALLY liked the show and that now he finally understands why we are Mikafans :naughty::thumb_yello:

Thank you - sounds fantastic - you were trippel lucky this time: tic for free, an amazing show - and- a cousin who finally "saw the light" :aah: Love your story!!:thumb_yello::fisch:

Love,love

me

I had so much fun listening to the gig last night, must have been magical to be there. I love the intros he is doing for his old songs this summer :wub2:

And I assume this will make it even more exciting for you and LaraMay to see him again live - in just 3 days, lucky girls !! :thumb_yello: Good luck - enjoy!! :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

I too never could whistle, my bf have been trying to teach me for years but I'm a terrible student :fisch:

I love these streaming! Thanks for uploading :huglove:

@DerMoment1608 who uploaded that file, I just shared around ;)

Thank you for your expressions, pics and links:huglove:. I listend to the radio broadcast, was amazing, sadly not complete, but in my mind I have seen everything, but can't wait to watch the recording:wink2::wink2:

Awww my friend :huglove: I was so so happy to see you again! I thought we'd have the chance to meet again later during the afternoon... but people stayed there in front of the scene even if the weather was so so hot... we were very surprised! Indeed, a guy from security told us the gig was sold out with 12 000 people :thumb_yello:

Glad your cousin liked the show :thumb_yello:

Was sad to not see you more.... Hope to see you again very soon my friend! :thumb_yello::huglove:

Awww my friend :huglove: I was so so happy to see you again! I thought we'd have the chance to meet again later during the afternoon... but people stayed there in front of the scene even if the weather was so so hot... we were very surprised! Indeed, a guy from security told us the gig was sold out with 12 000 people :thumb_yello:

Glad your cousin liked the show :thumb_yello:

Was sad to not see you more.... Hope to see you again very soon my friend! :thumb_yello::huglove:

yes, we'll meet again for sure! and hopefully we can talk a little bit more then :huglove:

All right, even if I'm still in lack of sleep, I try to write my report now...

This show was really the best for me!!! (I know it's only my third Mika's gig, but I really loved it!!)

I left Paris on Sunday morning and went to Brussel with "covoiturage" (ride sharing?), then train to Ronquières. But luckily when I arrived (around 2PM), there were still not so many people waiting in the front, so I was able to be at the second row almost in the middle, such a great place and a great view!! I met Lily, Maggy, Stephanie and ? (sorry, I forgot your name :aah:) with her mom. And surely other people but I'm still a bit lost with names and faces :blush-anim-cl:

I enjoyed the bands before Mika, so the waiting was not boring for me, I was really happy to be there and to discover new music!

Then THE show started, and it was really.... wonderful. I felt from the first 2 songs that I would love this show so much, this feeling almost made me cry :wub2: (I'm usually not the crying type about Mika :mf_rosetinted:).

Mika was in really good mood, he talked much, tried to whistle (which was a desaster, just my opinion :naughty:), had to start again Rain and many other things which made such a good atmosphere :wub2:

I loved the new intros to the song very much too :wub2:

AND this was my first show with the giant balloons, I loved it :teehee: I felt like a child :teehee:

As i'm getting more used to mika's gigs and live songs, I could appreciate more the music and the little details than in Rouen or Bourges, that was great too!

I was a bit affraid about this gig first, knowing it would be my third and that I was a bit disappointed for my second: I was thinking that maybe the magic would work less and less from gig to gig, so I was so relieved to feel it was not the case here!

After the gig we waited for Mika near the parking exit, he came and stopped to sign autographs (even if he already had signed some to other fans in another place, as the "guard" told us), he was quite in a hurry (from my perspective but maybe it's his usual speed for signing :teehee:) but sweet and nice to everybody, taking time to talk to people who wanted to tell him or give him something.

So, people, this was the first time I was able to speak to Mika. :mf_rosetinted: Can you imagine how big this day is for me?! :teehee:

Just to end the story, Stephanie and her husband (?) were kind enough to bring us back to Arras, there I could go back directrly to Paris thanks to ride sharing (meeting point at 5AM with an unknown guy, quite scarry :aah: but thanks God everything went very well, we had nice discussion during the way). Went home and directrly to bed a few hours, I let you guess if my dreams were sweet :teehee:

(I didn't take any picture or any video, I'm sorry, I'm such a bad contributor to MFC :aah:)

(and once again I want to thank all the great MIKA fans who always help me for everything and who make that I feel as if we were a big family :huglove:)

Great report! I'm happy to know that Mika-magic is still working for you :thumb_yello:

Thank you!

And you know what, I finally decided to show him my interpretation of "Un Soleil mal luné" (just wanted to show him, not ask him to check) :blush-anim-cl: so I wanted to show him the paper and he started to sign on it :aah: I told him (in French) not to sign, and I opened the paper so he said "what is it?", and i told him i was a French teacher and that it was the interpretation of "un soleil mal luné" for my students, and he looked really interested and said "oh, ça, ça m'intéresse!" and he took it to give it to the girl holding the presents. I was really happy :blush-anim-cl:

So, thank you for asking me to write it down properly :huglove:

Eriko, I will try to make a first translation, but maybe someone needs to re-write it in proper English after :teehee:

Thank you!

And you know what, I finally decided to show him my interpretation of "Un Soleil mal luné" (just wanted to show him, not ask him to check) :blush-anim-cl: so I wanted to show him the paper and he started to sign on it :aah: I told him (in French) not to sign, and I opened the paper so he said "what is it?", and i told him i was a French teacher and that it was the interpretation of "un soleil mal luné" for my students, and he looked really interested and said "oh, ça, ça m'intéresse!" and he took it to give it to the girl holding the presents. I was really happy :blush-anim-cl:

Eriko, I will try to make a first translation, but maybe someone needs to re-write it in proper English after :teehee:

Merci bcp !!:huglove:

So, translation from the video:

"I was 6... no, 8 years old when I got fired from the French Lycée [high school] "Charles de Gaulle" in London, which is a "****" school ["une école de merde" means a very bad school, "merde" means "****"]. I took singing classes... I have been taking singing classes for a very long time, but the only thing I can't do is whistle! So, as an idiot ["con" is a bad word] who has nothing else to do in his life, i took whistle lessons! (he said "cours de sifflage" in French, which is a mistake as we don't say "sifflage" but "sifflement". New Mika word :wink2:]. Ladies and Gentlemen, that's the real luxury: whistling lessons! And so now i can whistle... a bit. [he whistles, then he says something i don't understand]

I'm starting again to sing in Belgium, and i will whistle for the first time, without making the idiot (??). It's not stupid at all!"

Please, someone correct it if it's not understandable :aah:

Thank you!

He always acts that way :teehee:

But it's cool! I'm glad to be a little bit useful :blush-anim-cl:

"I was 6... no, 8 years old when I got fired from the French Lycée [high school] "Charles de Gaulle" in London, which is a "****" school ["une école de merde" means a very bad school, "merde" means "****"]. I took singing classes... I have been taking singing classes for a very long time, but the only thing I can't do is whistle! So, as an idiot ["con" is a bad word] who has nothing else to do in his life, i took whistle lessons! (he said "cours de sifflage" in French, which is a mistake as we don't say "sifflage" but "sifflement". New Mika word :wink2:]. Ladies and Gentlemen, that's the real luxury: whistling lessons! And so now i can whistle... a bit. [he whistles, then he says something i don't understand]

I'm starting again to sing in Belgium, and i will whistle for the first time, without making the idiot (??). It's not stupid at all!"

Thank you very much !!!:huglove::wub2:

understanding his whistle. :naughty:

Thank you! While I understand what he's saying, but I really, really appreciate your explanation :huglove: I was guessing about "sifflage", you helped me realize why :fisch:

I think he says there "Et je me suis dit booooon", which I guess means something like: "And I said to myself, weeeel I'm starting to sing again in Belgium and I will whistle for the first time, without making an idiot of myself."

It was very funny, his laughing is so cute :teehee:

Edited by brightsky

I think he says there "Et je me suis dit booooon", which I guess means something like: "And I said to myself, weeeel I'm starting to sing again in Brussels and I will whistle for the first time, without making an idiot of myself."

It was very funny, his laughing is so cute :teehee:

Yes, you're right, now I can hear it! Thank you!