Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

As far as I know, it has to do with the golden donkey, protector of Mika's Twitter account, who has vanished with the new layout. Anything beyond that is above my realm of knowledge. (He used to appear in the left column area. And I miss him.)

I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere here before but I can't seem to find anything on it...I was just wondering, what is the meaning of the golden donkey?!?!? Is "donkey is good" a movie quote or something? It just really bugs me that I have no idea where this golden donkey of Mika's comes from. If anyone knows, pleaseee tell me lol

What I remember is that Mika opened his Twitter account, before the 2nd album came out and before we knew any of the songs. It made me wonder if it was some kind of hint about the album, and that the album would have "Golden" in the title.

Actually it did! The original title was We Are Golden. Then he announced, on a radio interview that he was changing his mind, and wanted a different title for the album.

I don't know if Golden Donkey was a hint, but I liked him guarding Mika's page.

I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere here before but I can't seem to find anything on it...I was just wondering, what is the meaning of the golden donkey?!?!? Is "donkey is good" a movie quote or something? It just really bugs me that I have no idea where this golden donkey of Mika's comes from. If anyone knows, pleaseee tell me lol

no idea :naughty:

maybe he needed an imaginary friend :aah:

I remember him telling donkey was a totally random thing and people just started to think it has a meaning. Not sure why it was golden.

From Mika's OFFICIAL Facebook:

"A fan sent us this :-)"

Let me cry :tears:

(nothing personal against the fan who made this of course :-) )

I find it so wrong...... :no:

I find it so wrong...... :no:

Sometimes his FB team seems absolutely unprofessional :doh::fisch:

I guess they are just giving people what they want. Because I can't understand for the life of me why people want to spend hours and hours watching Mika not sing on TV for any other reason than that they want to look at his pretty face. :dunno: Just look at the voting results of the last few episodes of The Voice and it's very clear why people are watching.

I guess they are just giving people what they want. Because I can't understand for the life of me why people want to spend hours and hours watching Mika not sing on TV for any other reason than that they want to look at his pretty face. :dunno: Just look at the voting results of the last few episodes of The Voice and it's very clear why people are watching.

I think I'm not the only one here watching (well, being) at The Voice for hours, and watching some XF episodes, without spending my time saying "Oh, he is soooooo hot!" :wink2:

I think I'm not the only one here watching (well, being) at The Voice for hours, and watching some XF episodes, without spending my time saying "Oh, he is soooooo hot!" :wink2:

We're 2 at least:thumb_yello:

I didn't like that pic either, but not because they are being unprofessional.

To me it's just something which validates once more his job choices. At present he's a TV celeb, so they are just pointing out a skill he has in being cute, hot, nice on TV.

Right now he's no singer, he's a coach. So they highlight his .... ehm.... qualities.

Some people front row in Naples didn't know some of his songs, if you watch the recorded gig you can notice it. Which is totally nonsense to me. I wouldn't ever go through that hell just to see him singing if I'm don't love his music to bits.

What is he doing that is so fascinating to anyone who doesn't think he's cute/adorable, etc? Maybe saying "you're so hot" is a crass way of expressing it but when he is not singing or doing anything creative or even talking about himself...what else is there except him acting cute and looking pretty?

I'm following his television projects because I'm interested in watching him working/seeing how these shows are done. It's a part of his job now and as a fan I like to see how he is doing and think he is doing well. I'm not saying every fan should be interested in watching these but as long as nothing else is happening I rather follow these shows than don't follow his doings at all, and, imo, television work requires also other qualities than being cute even it's not creative. There's a lot of pressure in live tv recordings.

"A fan sent us this :-)"

1601132_10152207120243040_5578963922222522758_n.jpg

I felt really uncomfortable seeing this pic on his FB, too. I guess they just don't care and it does look most people on FB think he is hot. Sigh. I was so hoping they wouldn't support or encourage it.

I felt really uncomfortable seeing this pic on his FB, too. I guess they just don't care and it does look most people on FB think he is hot. Sigh. I was so hoping they wouldn't support or encourage it.

I know :sad: I've said something to them before about it, too. But with nearly 3 million FB fans, obviously some of those are of the "Mika I Love You, You're So Hot, I Want to Have Your Babies, Marry Me, **** Me" variety. I guess they have to acknowledge and appease them somehow, too. :dunno:

I don't think that's true though. Perhaps the people that comment on their posts, but not the others. And that makes it so stupid to post these things on facebook. I follow artists I vaguely like so I keep up to date on new music. I am considering unfollowing lady gaga because all she seems to be doing lately is post videos of her playing with her dog. I like seeing videos of Mika playing with his dog, but I really don't care about any other celebrity playing with their dogs, and I'm pretty certain the majority of those 3 million people that like Mika on facebook are not interested in silly fan posters and would just like to know when he has a new cd out. If they get too annoyed, they'll stop following his facebook and have no way to notice there's a new cd they could buy.

So, Mika facebook team, please pretend it's a fanpage for a proper singer. If you really want to include fans by showing what they are sending, make an album on mikasounds.com with 'selected gifts of fans'. You'd only have to update it once a month or so, and while you're at it and have the website-editor open anyway, you might want to update the rest of the site as well.

So, Mika facebook team, please pretend it's a fanpage for a proper singer. If you really want to include fans by showing what they are sending, make an album on mikasounds.com with 'selected gifts of fans'. You'd only have to update it once a month or so, and while you're at it and have the website-editor open anyway, you might want to update the rest of the site as well.

:lmfao:

You know mikasounds.com is run by Universal, right? His FB page is run by his management team. :mf_rosetinted:

The website is so woefully outdated... and they all know that. Hopefully they'll do something about it soon. :dunno:

imo, television work requires also other qualities than being cute even it's not creative. There's a lot of pressure in live tv recordings.

Maybe that's what you're experiencing because you have seen so much of what goes on behind the scenes but do you really think the audience at home (which is how 99.9% of his fans see him on these shows) is getting that sense? I think I "know" Mika pretty well (relatively speaking) but all I see on The Voice is him acting cute and pretty. I mean if you are already a fan of The Voice and find these shows inherently interesting I totally understand that. But I don't see what the difference is between what Garou is doing on the show, for example, and what Mika is doing.

:lmfao:

You know mikasounds.com is run by Universal, right? His FB page is run by his management team. :mf_rosetinted:

The website is so woefully outdated... and they all know that. Hopefully they'll do something about it soon. :dunno:

Right, I guess I should have known that...

Maybe that's what you're experiencing because you have seen so much of what goes on behind the scenes but do you really think the audience at home (which is how 99.9% of his fans see him on these shows) is getting that sense? I think I "know" Mika pretty well (relatively speaking) but all I see on The Voice is him acting cute and pretty. I mean if you are already a fan of The Voice and find these shows inherently interesting I totally understand that. But I don't see what the difference is between what Garou is doing on the show, for example, and what Mika is doing.

There are no difference between Garou and Mika, they both do a great job as coach and provide good entertainment when they interact with one another.

Personally, I like seeing the coaching part in these shows as well as the music, as strange as it may seem

Right, I guess I should have known that...

Well, I don't know if everyone realizes that. :dunno: But I think it's interesting to note it, given our discussions in the new album thread about the label's involvement.

Well, I don't know if everyone realizes that. :dunno: But I think it's interesting to note it, given our discussions in the new album thread about the label's involvement.

It does say a lot though...

About FB, while I still find it weird they post these things, part of me can't help being proud/glad some find him hot. I'm weird, I know:wink2:

I'm pretty certain the majority of those 3 million people that like Mika on facebook are not interested in silly fan posters and would just like to know when he has a new cd out. If they get too annoyed, they'll stop following his facebook and have no way to notice there's a new cd they could buy.

The problem is Mika only releases a CD every 2.5 years. And they can't have the account remain virtually dormant for that period of time so they have to do something. The purpose of social media is to create a buzz and they are not going to do that unless they give the people who make a buzz what they want. Even if millions of people who liked his page are interested in his music only it doesn't mean they are going to respond to posts about music, especially when there isn't much going on in that department most of the time.

If you post a bunch of text it gets a few hundred likes. If you post a hot pic of Mika it gets tens of thousands of likes. This happens EVERY TIME. How can they ignore that? I think the vast majority of his FB fans are inactive and of the active ones only a few hundred are interested in "serious" posts or posts designed to foster a community. The other tens of thousands love looking at pics of Mika and are crazy about him because he's cute.

What can you do? :dunno: I turned his notifications off because I don't want to hear another word about X Factor as long as I live. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I guess they have to cater to his current and active fans. It's not just Facebook but Twitter and Youtube as well. All anyone ever talks about on my videos is how beautiful Mika is, even though they are mostly videos of him singing.