• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry my teammates are back in the game and would probably kill me if I gave out hints. :naughty:

I think once the first hint comes from Swatch you'll have a better idea. :thumb_yello:

Anyway this is not an IQ test so don't anyone feel stupid. You need to be pretty internet savvy and it is pretty essential to understand English well I think. Any American knows that stars ON stripes is not a reference to America - that would be stars AND stripes. No matter what Google image turns up. It was the same yesterday when they made it clear that the solution was ON the magazine and not IN it. These subtle clues in syntax can save you going on a wild goose chase.

We know that it's AND and not ON. But we're not sure what stars ON stripes means then. We have one idea about the location, but not sure.

Sorry my teammates are back in the game and would probably kill me if I gave out hints. :naughty:

I think once the first hint comes from Swatch you'll have a better idea. :thumb_yello:

Anyway this is not an IQ test so don't anyone feel stupid. You need to be pretty internet savvy and it is pretty essential to understand English well I think. Any American knows that stars ON stripes is not a reference to America - that would be stars AND stripes. No matter what Google image turns up. It was the same yesterday when they made it clear that the solution was ON the magazine and not IN it. These subtle clues in syntax can save you going on a wild goose chase.

That's where I'm falling down. I'm finding it difficult to navigate the web. I knew the ON was the keywords there and spent half my morning on Hollywood Boulevard. :aah:

But when my team mate moved eastwards she got it. :thumb_yello:

Yes it is amazing isn't it? I couldn't believe it really worked. :lmfao:

:lmfao:

anyway can't give direct hints (think we should wait with that until Swatch has given theirs) but will say that I personally found the word window very misleading and would have found it hours ago if I hadn't focused on that :doh:

I feel so useless right now, don't get it at all. I don't really know what to look for or how to look for it :aah:

My team ranked 9 yesterday but now we're ranked 100

Don't put too much stock in the rankings. They determine them about 72 minutes into the day's puzzles. So all the teams who solved the puzzle TODAY within 72 minutes are going to rank ahead of you if you didn't solve today's puzzle before the ranking was calculated. Once you solve today's puzzle you could have more points than many teams in the 100 above you at the moment. It's a really dumb system.

Yes it is amazing isn't it? I couldn't believe it really worked. :lmfao:

Haha, I couldn't believe it either! That's so funny! :aah:

the location is kinda the important thing to find, the rest will come to you then...literally :blink:

Kata's tip is really important! Keep your eyes open!

:lmfao:

anyway can't give direct hints (think we should wait with that until Swatch has given theirs) but will say that I personally found the word window very misleading and would have found it hours ago if I hadn't focused on that :doh:

Is that like with the hands in the first puzzle? an other meaning?

Maybe a hint about how many numbers?

I actually found it helpful but I guess it could be misleading.

That's another reason I am wary of giving hints. I don't want to give it away but if I post something too cryptic it might mislead people. I've seen a couple of people (unintentionally) posting what I think are bad hints and it's probably better to get no hints at all. I even stayed away from my teammates this morning until I thought it through. Talking to others is very helpful but it can also lead you down the wrong path.

It's really clear when you notice it!

Edit: This might sound not very helpfull, I know :aah:

You just don't have to focus on the amount of numbers.

Edited by ~Wicky~

It's not really a dual meaning for the word window.

I think I can safely say there are 4 digits. It's not going to help you though if you can't find the location. It could have been 10 numbers too. It's not relevant the way it was with the barcode.

It's not really a dual meaning for the word window.

I think I can safely say there are 4 digits. It's not going to help you though if you can't find the location. It could have been 10 numbers too. It's not relevant the way it was with the barcode.

It's really clear when you notice it!

Edit: This might sound not very helpfull, I know :aah:

You just don't have to focus on the amount of numbers.

Thanks. We have a location. Not sure if it's the right one.

Omg, that was hilarious! :lmfao:

Totally looking in the wrong direction, then found it, did what it said and I was like... OMG! :naughty:

Took my untill now to figure it out, but so awesome.

I just could not believe it especially since we found it so quickly. I was just willing it to happen and voila! Hilarious. :naughty:

You've got more clever brains than I have. To be honest, I tried combinations of numbers and when "you've cracked it" appeared on my screen, I was like this :blink:. So I got it but didn't solve the puzzle :doh: So I'm quite disatisfied and would like to solve it :teehee:

I just could not believe it especially since we found it so quickly. I was just willing it to happen and voila! Hilarious. :naughty:

So we have to wait (less then 30 min at least) once we find the location? :blink:

Don't put too much stock in the rankings. They determine them about 72 minutes into the day's puzzles. So all the teams who solved the puzzle TODAY within 72 minutes are going to rank ahead of you if you didn't solve today's puzzle before the ranking was calculated. Once you solve today's puzzle you could have more points than many teams in the 100 above you at the moment. It's a really dumb system.

Ok, thanks for the info :thumb_yello:

I knew the ON was the keywords there and spent half my morning on Hollywood Boulevard.

Yes I was there too, so now I have no idea about the location and that seems to be the most important part, oh well maybe I just have to wait for the hint from swatch :dunno:

You've got more clever brains than I have. To be honest, I tried combinations of numbers and when "you've cracked it" appeared on my screen, I was like this :blink:. So I got it but didn't solve the puzzle :doh: So I'm quite disatisfied and would like to solve it :teehee:

WTF? :lmfao: Are you and Hippie on the same team? You just started plugging in random numbers and got it right away? :roftl:

That's what I did with the first puzzle. Just some guessing.

WTF? :lmfao: Are you and Hippie on the same team? You just started plugging in random numbers and got it right away? :roftl:

Yes I am :wink2: And yes, after having thought about a location and unable to get to anything, I tried combinations at random and it worked :blink::naughty: