This is not a bug in the site, this is swatch taking into account that people might have entered the correct answer in different ways.

I didn't say it's a bug,it's just that they put some rules to confuse people,since ":" it's a special character.But I guess it was for our own good in the end :teehee:

I don't find the puzzles illogical, quite the reverse, when you finally have the answer it's astonishing how much sense everything makes :naughty: It's one of the reasons I really like this hunt :thumb_yello:

Problem is, looking backwards everything is so clear, but at the beginning I'm thinking in a million wrong directions as well all the time :aah:

The first two were very logical,but this one from today :dunno: I mean they started with the wrong assumption that anyone on the planet should know that image,which it's not true.And there's nothing on the sentence that could lead you to the right place,as it was on the other puzzles.Only if you know a specific image,can solve it :aah: I don't know if it's understandable what I want to say,and I don't want to be very explicit since the contest it's not over yet :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not really sure how we cracked the code today, but we did......

Did anyone else have their piece #4 filled in rather than #3 for today's puzzle? That seems a little odd. Did I miss something?

Screen_Shot_2013_10_29_at_12_12_31_PM.png

it's happening with everybody

I'm not really sure how we cracked the code today, but we did......

Did anyone else have their piece #4 filled in rather than #3 for today's puzzle? That seems a little odd. Did I miss something?

Screen_Shot_2013_10_29_at_12_12_31_PM.png

No.4 on ours was filled in yesterday and No.2 today. :thumb_yello:

I don't think you've missed anything. It's just this site doing what it does best - getting it wrong.:naughty:

It's even enlightened now :aah:

Said it on Twitter before, but I really want to compliment Swatch for this competition. Although it isn't a totally fair competition (language, bugs and time-zones), the puzzles are really well thought out. The puzzles are driving me nuts, but do make sense to me at the end. I just love playing the game!

Yes today's puzzle was really well thought out and executed brilliantly. The image is iconic so it's not unfair of Swatch to reference it. That's why there is a window there in the first place :wink2: I would have expected anyone who is a Mika fan to have at least passing familiarity with it. At least the people who are not just posting how hot he is on FB anyway.

Yes today's puzzle was really well thought out and executed brilliantly. The image is iconic so it's not unfair of Swatch to reference it. That's why there is a window there in the first place :wink2: I would have expected anyone who is a Mika fan to have at least passing familiarity with it. At least the people who are not just posting how hot he is on FB anyway.

Indeed

And it's why we are in teams, our team solved the 3 puzzles throught teamwork, not one person came with the full answer (a round of :huglove: for people working alone). In my opinion, the trick is to know the best ways to search for answers or ideas on the internet. For example, in the case of the first puzzle, you didn't have to recognize the location on the picture but you had to make an image search in google maps. In that case, someone could have recognised the place from the picture and would have had an advantage but since there are 10 puzzles, it should even out.

The problem is with the start at 400 beats every day :sneaky2:

But I still find these puzzles really fun - they can be frustating but it's so much more rewarding when you find the answer :teehee:

I would have expected anyone who is a Mika fan to have at least passing familiarity with it. At least the people who are not just posting how hot he is on FB anyway.

:thumb_yello:

I don't get why people say it's not logical (lol this is coming from someone who didn't get any of the answers for my team) This is a very cleverly made puzzle and it's working exactly the way it should :dunno:

I agree it might be more a problem of what tool to use on the Internet to get to the right place

I don't find the puzzles illogical, quite the reverse, when you finally have the answer it's astonishing how much sense everything makes :naughty: It's one of the reasons I really like this hunt :thumb_yello:

Problem is, looking backwards everything is so clear, but at the beginning I'm thinking in a million wrong directions as well all the time :aah:

Couldn't agree more! :wub2: LOVE THESE PUZZLES!

The only problem is I'm at work every day at 9:36 (the time a new clue gets anounced German time) - so I cannot properly concentrate on the puzzle with calls coming in and meetings being scheduled. :aah: But I still love it. :teehee:

Finally have seen it with my own eyes as I'm home now, so far I only read from my team member what happened. It's hilarious :lmfao: They really gave a lot of thought, effort and creativity into this hunt. Although there are some problems with the competition, you really have to give the swatch people credit for that :thumb_yello:

Yeah. Today's puzzle was absolutely brilliant! So amazing how it all makes sense once you got the solution. The people at Swatch rock! :thumb_yello:

I agree it might be more a problem of what tool to use on the Internet to get to the right place

Yes and in this case I found that familiarity with the internet in general was what lead me there. I knew what they meant by "window". It was the only thing that made sense to me in the context of waiting for something to happen in 30 mins. The stars/stripes clue was tricky but if you understood what the window was and worked backwards it wasn't so difficult. That's why I said there were no useless hints here. All of them were critical (for me anyway).

I'm sure every day will be different and clues will click for some people on one day and not on another. As you say, that's why team work is very important. It's helpful to have people of different ages and cultural influences.

I just realized now that two clicks on a little arrow would have saved me an hour of waiting for something to happen...omg :aah::lmfao:

anyway I seem to only be about 400 beats behind you geniuses, I'm not giving up yet :mf_rosetinted:

The first two were very logical,but this one from today :dunno: I mean they started with the wrong assumption that anyone on the planet should know that image,which it's not true.And there's nothing on the sentence that could lead you to the right place,as it was on the other puzzles.Only if you know a specific image,can solve it :aah: I don't know if it's understandable what I want to say,and I don't want to be very explicit since the contest it's not over yet :blush-anim-cl:

I know what you mean, you had to have a special knowledge to solve this puzzle. But in a way you had to have it in all puzzles so far and probably you will need it in the other puzzles as well. But as it's one of the most famous "pictures of this kind" I think it's okay to assume that most people know it. Maybe not everyone, but in the end I think it will be equal with all puzzles together, because you may not know one thing, but therefore another thing for the next puzzle. And if you don't get it instantly you have the other two hints as well.

I think the puzzles are very logical but that doesn't mean I get them :lmfao: I still don't know how people got the first one without knowing the country :blink:

We simply put the picture in Google picture search :naughty:

By the way, do we want to solve the puzzles of the first two days here and how it was solved? Even if you got the answer it could be quite interesting, because no everyone took exactly the same path / order of steps to solve the riddle.

We simply put the picture in Google picture search :naughty:

By the way, do we want to solve the puzzles of the first two days here and how it was solved? Even if you got the answer it could be quite interesting, because no everyone took exactly the same path / order of steps to solve the riddle.

I don't even know how to do that :boxed:

I took a tour of Swatch stores in Europe and found the closest water...fortunately someone sent me to Spain, would have taken me a while to find the right location otherwise :naughty: Now it only took me 7 hours or so :mf_rosetinted:

I don't even know how to do that :boxed:

If you go on google picture search you see a camera at the right side of the line where you normally write your words. If you click on it you can put in a url of a picture or you can upload one from your computer. And than Google searches for similiar pictures. It's a very nice and useful tool :naughty:

If you go on google picture search you see a camera at the right side of the line where you normally write your words. If you click on it you can put in a url of a picture or you can upload one from your computer. And than Google searches for similiar pictures. It's a very nice and useful tool :naughty:

Thank you :wub2:

I changed my mind.

You are rigth, puzzles are original and logical.

I "hate" them because we must solve it in working hours with half of the brain busy in others activities. (this is the reason because i admire who is able to concentrate on the puzzle without distractions of life/work).

Maybe i'm too old and for me puzzle's solutions are in words and images in the puzzle and not in google/internet.

Now it is clear for me the title Net Hunt.

Without internet tools and skills you can not solve the puzzles.

And i'm proud of my team who, for example, teached me google image search that i never used before.

Anyway by now i still don't consider logic this phrase (maybe i'm not able to translate properly in my language):

"A couple of numbers that will bring you the next code"

a couple: ok

bring: ok

but...

of numbers: ???

If you have time please explain me in simple words

From my device now i can not see (the window is stuck in the middle), do you know if the couple of "numbers" is working tonight too? In the dark?

Again... compliments to the faster team.

P.S. I hope they fix the bugs because everytime the system does not accept the right code you loose time to think your idea is wrong

Did anyone try to tell them of the bug already?

Oh, it is just a game and they changed the rules after our subscription (same time every day instead different time). So i don't think they pay attention if we tell them.

This situation upset me not because i want prizes but because of the waste of time.

I'm free to ignore the game but i respect my team and once i read the puzzle i'm curious about the solution!