• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear friends,

i wanna talk to you...

a BIG thank you to Mari62!

We all know that she is very helpful and always ready in everything.

Of course she is very usefull for you international fan.

But especially for us italian fans.

When we are too busy or too lazy (today it was an italian show, but it is not sure we can turn on the radio in the right moment) we always know that Mari recorded, Mary saved, Mari updated MFC.

GRAZIE MARINA

and also Teresa...

i dont' know you but i think you are doing an amazing job very usefull for not italian people.

Thanks you too.

I'm sur all Mfcers are agree with me.

:bye:

Dear Allegra, thank you for your lovely words, it's very kind of you :flowers2::blush-anim-cl:

I appreciate them, but it's not necessary, really; many of us try to be helpful as much as we can in different ways and times, and it doesn't go unnoticed :original:

Edited by mari62

Hello! I had a little bit of time so I tried to translate the rest of his interview at Radio Deejay.

From minute 14.00 of Mari's video in Daily Motion posted in this thread:

L. So, we are with Mika, two or three quick questions about tonight show X Factor - The Home Visit. Which is your category?

M. Women. Under Women. Young Women.

N. So you win! You win Mika! This year you win!

L. They (under women) win almost always!

M. I hope so! In my opinion yes, with a little bit of luck! But we'll see. This year all the other are good.

L. Look instead Elio has the over (singers over the age of 24)

M. Yes, this is horrible! The "Over" in english means "terminated"

L. Really?

M. Yes, it's very bad!

L. I didn't see in this way!

M. The OLD! (laughing)

L. They are not so old! They have EVEN 25 - 26 years!

M. Yes, yes!

L. The episode (with judge Elio) was shot in Cremona, in a beautiful theatre. Simona, instead, is in Torino with Busta of the Subsonica (an italian band).

M. Yes. And Morgan is in Berlin with Asia Argento.

L. So a family reunion (Morgan and Asia Argento was married)

M. Yes.

L. Which category has Morgan?

M. What?

L. Which category has Morgan?

M. Ok! So Simona has the groups, Morgan.. hem… No Elio has the "terminated"! No they're not terminated. Ehm, Morgan has the boys.

L. Ok so Morgan has the boys, you have the girls.

M. Yes. Boys to Morgan. Girls to me.

L: Look, a listener write us "I had read somewhere that Mika was dyslexic". Is it true?

M. Yes, I'm very dyslexic.

L. You still are?

M. Yes, still. There wasn't a change, unfortunately! I can't write with, how can I say, with a pen. Only with a keyboard.

L. And so how do you do when you was a child?

M. I did bad! I changed school 3 times.

N. Where did you go at school? In which country?

M. First in France. After in England and they rejected me and then I started to do music, and music changed me everything because with music I could do something good, without thinking I'm stupid.

L. You have found more self confidence...

M. Yes! And my first job in music was when I was eleven in Strauss Opera.

L. What did you do?

M. I sang.

L. At eleven years old?

N. You used to sing in falsetto?

M. Yes, in the Royal Opera House of London. After that, school was a little bit easy to me.

L. When music has let you know that you were a guy with a great potential.

M. Yes!

L. A lot of listeners write us to give to you a radio program.

M. Who?

N. A lot of listeners! You rock in radio!

M. Ah, yes?

L. Yes, you rock!

M. Ah, very good! Ok, let's talk about that! You know that I can't read a watch? But I like watches so much! I'm doing a watch right now.

L. So you can't read watches?

M. I can't!

L. However, you are drawing one (watch) for Swatch?

M. Yes! But I can't read the watch!

L. We should trust anyway! Thanks Mika it is always a pleasure!

M. Thank you, too!

Edited by flavia110

What does "according to me" mean exactly? Is this an Italian phrase like "I think so"?

According to me=secondo me, it means 'in my opinion' :)

Edit: and thank you Flavia for finishing the translation! Team work! ;)

Edited by Teresa

Thank you Teresa and Flavia :thumb_yello:

I would love Mika to do a radio show (about music of course!) :wub2:

:thumb_yello: YES - me too, that would be really fantastic!! :wub2: MIKA has said many times how much he likes radio, and I so agree, it's one of the things I really can't live without, cause I get what I need there- music, important info, news, entertainment etc. MIKA is well spoken, funny and clever, with a lovely voice - I'm sure he would be a wonderful radio host!! :mikadas:

Thank you Flavia - for your great translation of the last part!! :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Thank you Teresa and Flavia :thumb_yello:

I would love Mika to do a radio show (about music of course!) :wub2:

:thumb_yello: YES - me too, that would be really fantastic!! :wub2: MIKA has said many times how much he likes radio, and I so agree, it's one of the things I really can't live without, cause I get what I need there- music, important info, news, entertainment etc. MIKA is well spoken, funny and clever, with a lovely voice - I'm sure he would be a wonderful radio host!! :mikadas:

Thank you Flavia - for your great translation of the last part!! :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

You're welcome :blush-anim-cl:

M: No, no recording studio! And now I got inspired and now I'm doing an album in the same way. In America, in a big house, I want to write and also... “ingrabare”? Record! Record the whole album in the house.

L: Because it creates more atmosphere, it's more inspiring?

M: Yes, without always being in a studio...

L: How do you call these houses? Mansions?

M: No it's not that cool, it's a little bit uglier than a mansion! In England a mansion is a palace! And this is not a palace...

L: But where in America?

M: Near Los Angeles. Because there are the best musicians.

L: Listen, the thing I envy the most about you is the fact that you are a citizen of the world. We Italians are fundamentally a bit “provincial”, we live at home with our mothers until the 30s...

M: No, that's not true!

N: And we don't change city. It's not in our habits to change city, if you are born in Terni you continue living in Terni...

M: But according to me this is really not true.

L: It's changing now...

M: It's changing, in an hour I can go from Milan to another country [not sure if he talks about cities or countries, I think countries, the word is the same]... It's incredible. In Los Angeles what can I do? Mexico?

N&L: Yes! You can do many things...

M: San Francisco? I don't like San Francisco...

I don't really understand what Mika is saying here. Does this house in LA actually exist or he is just making up some nonsense because he likes the idea of making a record in a castle?

And why is he using LA as a contrast to illustrate why Italians are no more provincial than he is? Yes LA is totally lame compared to living in a western European city but what does that have to do with the fact that he is travelling all over the world virtually every day and Italians don't move away from their hometowns? Is he still on the topic of recording an album...?

And who doesn't like San Francisco? :shocked: I've never heard anyone say that. Especially if you are comparing it with LA.

I don't really understand what Mika is saying here. Does this house in LA actually exist or he is just making up some nonsense because he likes the idea of making a record in a castle?

And why is he using LA as a contrast to illustrate why Italians are no more provincial than he is? Yes LA is totally lame compared to living in a western European city but what does that have to do with the fact that he is travelling all over the world virtually every day and Italians don't move away from their hometowns? Is he still on the topic of recording an album...?

And who doesn't like San Francisco? :shocked: I've never heard anyone say that. Especially if you are comparing it with LA.

I think he basically said that it was his intention to make an album in a house and not 100% in a recording studio. If the house is real or not, if it has already happened or it is just an intention for the future only Mika knows ;) however the translation is very literal!

Then Linus changed the subject, when he says 'listen' he always changes the subject ;) about him being a citizen of the world, he is really fascinated by it, he talked about it with the other judges too. I think Mika used LA as a random comparison to illustrate the point that if you are in Italy it just takes you nothing to get to another country, while if you are for example in LA there is not that variety of choice in such a small travelling-time. But Linus and Nicola were actually talking about not the actual possibility of travelling, but the general Italian forma mentis about travelling, that we are more 'stantial', but then they agreed it is changing. (That is true).

About San Francisco I really don't know, since I've never even been to America, unfortunately! But if you watch the video he looks very convinced XD personal tastes I suppose! :)

Oh I forgot! I don't know if someone had already written about it, however the following day Linus and Nicola spent some time talking about Mika, how he 'has it all', how nice, clever, funny, positive he is. Then they said they got loads of sweet and funny messages about him, a girl wrote: 'Mika, marry me. Or marry my husband, the house is big enough!' XD however, they were really enchanted by his personality. And this is also good because Linus is probably the most influential radio host in Italy, 'mr. AirPlay' as Elio calls him! ;) Thought it was nice to share this with you all :)

Oh I forgot! I don't know if someone had already written about it, however the following day Linus and Nicola spent some time talking about Mika, how he 'has it all', how nice, clever, funny, positive he is. Then they said they got loads of sweet and funny messages about him, a girl wrote: 'Mika, marry me. Or marry my husband, the house is big enough!' XD however, they were really enchanted by his personality. And this is also good because Linus is probably the most influential radio host in Italy, 'mr. AirPlay' as Elio calls him! ;) Thought it was nice to share this with you all :)

Thanks,Teresa! :thumb_yello: I've noticed that Elio appreciate Linus very much.

I think he basically said that it was his intention to make an album in a house and not 100% in a recording studio. If the house is real or not, if it has already happened or it is just an intention for the future only Mika knows ;) however the translation is very literal!

Okay so he's just making it up then. :lmfao:

But Linus and Nicola were actually talking about not the actual possibility of travelling, but the general Italian forma mentis about travelling, that we are more 'stantial', but then they agreed it is changing. (That is true).

I think it is probably changing all over the world because media is exposing people to the rest of the world. The Brits used to have a reputation for never going anywhere either but everyone I've ever met has travelled at least a little bit.

About San Francisco I really don't know, since I've never even been to America, unfortunately! But if you watch the video he looks very convinced XD personal tastes I suppose! :)

Hmm, I wonder what he is referring to, perhaps not simple personal tastes. He seems to judge American cities in terms of work and not leisure. He talks of New York as being tough in business and LA as the place where all the good musicians are. For me that is irrelevant. I look at a city in terms of architecture, history, amenities, the vibe of the people on the streets. Maybe he doesn't relate to the creative scene in San Francisco?

Anyway thanks for your insight.

I think it is probably changing all over the world because media is exposing people to the rest of the world. The Brits used to have a reputation for never going anywhere either but everyone I've ever met has travelled at least a little bit.

Hmm, I wonder what he is referring to, perhaps not simple personal tastes. He seems to judge American cities in terms of work and not leisure. He talks of New York as being tough in business and LA as the place where all the good musicians are. For me that is irrelevant. I look at a city in terms of architecture, history, amenities, the vibe of the people on the streets. Maybe he doesn't relate to the creative scene in San Francisco?

Anyway thanks for your insight.

if I remember right he only had time for sightseeing in San Franszisco after his accident and had to use crutches all the time which he hated. Maybe this is what he remembers about this city and has no good feelings ....

No, I don't think so. It sounds like he has an actual place in mind, because he says "it's more of a dump than a mansion." And then he says it's ugly, and "this house is not a palace" or something like that -- they talk over him, so I can't quite make it out.

Later he says from Milan in one hour he can go to another country, it's incredible, but if he's in LA, "where can I go?" (Well, as Teresa noted he says, what can I do? but I think he means "where can I go?" :teehee:) Mexico? San Francisco? I don't like San Francisco." He makes a face when he says it, so I guess he really doesn't like SF for some reason. :dunno:

Yes, I believe much of the world has changed in that regard, except maybe the US. I saw some numbers the other day -- something like only 39% of Americans have a passport, and more than half have never been outside the US! Really surprises me, as I would spend the rest of my life traveling if money were not an issue. :wink2:

with my daughters Eleonora and Elisabetta :wub2:

20131017_120029_zps22ffb788.jpg

Che bellissime ragazze!

No, I don't think so. It sounds like he has an actual place in mind, because he says "it's more of a dump than a mansion." And then he says it's ugly, and "this house is not a palace" or something like that -- they talk over him, so I can't quite make it out.

Later he says from Milan in one hour he can go to another country, it's incredible, but if he's in LA, "where can I go?" (Well, as Teresa noted he says, what can I do? but I think he means "where can I go?" :teehee:) Mexico? San Francisco? I don't like San Francisco." He makes a face when he says it, so I guess he really doesn't like SF for some reason. :dunno:

Yes, I believe much of the world has changed in that regard, except maybe the US. I saw some numbers the other day -- something like only 39% of Americans have a passport, and more than half have never been outside the US! Really surprises me, as I would spend the rest of my life traveling if money were not an issue. :wink2:

Che bellissime ragazze!

:thumb_yello:

I dont even care what he's talking about in this interview. All I know is he just broke my heart with those few words. :tears::annoyed_h4h: but I'm just all defensive about this city. :naughty: