Video interview @ Italian Radio Deejay 17 October 2013

mari62

Loved, loved, loved this interview!

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

And I promise that when they load the videos on their site I will make a literal translation so everyone can enjoy it! But it will take some time because now he speaks very well and therefore he talks a lot ;)

Thanks in advance Teresa :huglove:

A few things he talked about:

- French castle last week

- Irish castle in July for the home visit

- writing songs in a big house in Los Angeles (for 3rd album I guess)

- dyslexia (that he can't "handwrite" ?)

- languages, family and his father being diplomat

- X factor: still woried about the live shows

As you can see, I'm really not so good at understanding italian, it would be great if our italian-speaking friends could add details

I think he loves castles, we should start to plan to offer him one for his next birthday :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe we should all start saving and we'll have enough money when he turns fourty? :naughty:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should all start saving and we'll have enough money when he turns fourty? :naughty:

Just tell me how much does a castle like the French one cost? (He said he doesn't like the Irish one because it's to cold :teehee:) Then I can start budgeting :naughty:

Just tell me how much does a castle like the French one cost? (He said he doesn't like the Irish one because it's to cold :teehee:) Then I can start budgeting :naughty:

I have a big garden :biggrin2:

Maybe there's enough room in the back to have his castle build there :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, in the late afternoon/evening I will translate it (first I have to do some stuff for uni :( ) but I will don't worry! :)

Thank you, I'm interested in his writing adventure in France.

Thanks in advance Teresa :huglove:

Think we have a better chance if we aimed for 50, unless we want to give him a tiny dump in the middle of nowhere...

Yes, in the late afternoon/evening I will translate it (first I have to do some stuff for uni :( ) but I will don't worry! :)

Thank you Teresa :huglove:

I can understand some Italian as it's similar to French but with no translation I have to guess the rest :teehee:

I think I understand and he seems to be using a few Spanish words and English too and that helps me :naughty:

I understand the journalists less, but Mika is very articulate as ever so much easier to understand him so I'm happy :wub2:

And now he's speaking English :lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

:huglove: thank you so much Marina!

Actually he is so handsome in these videos that it is not easy to stay focused on trying to understand what he says :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

:naughty: I agree - and even I only understand a word here and there, it's a pure pleasure to watch him speaking this beautiful language so well :blush-anim-cl: and I think the radio people are charmed to bits by him as well :teehee:

Thanks in advance Teresa, for finding time to work with the translation later on...:wub2:

Love,love

me

As you can see, I'm really not so good at understanding italian, it would be great if our italian-speaking friends could add details

I think he loves castles, we should start to plan to offer him one for his next birthday :mf_rosetinted:

We could make one out of Lego, so that everyone can send bits in, then it could be assembled and then presented to Mika.

Well it's just an idea.

I'm not so sure that he loves castles. He said that Slane Castle was too old and he didn't care to stay there, even though it's very beautiful. :wink2:

He is a liar. He can handwrite :naughty:

Sure he can. He obviously has the physical ability to write. I think he just means he can't write something of any length by hand very well -- he said he does better on computer.

and here's the whole thing including the off-air parts

As usual, the behind the scenes bits are priceless, Mari. Thanks so much. :flowers2:

Thank you, I'm interested in his writing adventure in France.

Well, if you've seen Mari's video, I guess you've heard him speaking in English about it. He started several times to say that he had written quite a lot of songs, and I wanted to hear more about that, but he was interrupted and then the conversation changed. :sneaky2: But in any case, I got the sense that the 8 days in the castle were very productive for him. Which is good news for us! :thumb_yello:

And his stubble as well :wub2:

Oh, yes :wub2: I tried not to pay too much attention how he looks, lol. He looks incredibly good, doesn't he? Maybe it was the castle thing. Or maybe it's Italy.

Well, if you've seen Mari's video, I guess you've heard him speaking in English about it. He started several times to say that he had written quite a lot of songs, and I wanted to hear more about that, but he was interrupted and then the conversation changed. :sneaky2: But in any case, I got the sense that the 8 days in the castle were very productive for him. Which is good news for us! :thumb_yello:

This is good news indeed!! I wish we could hear more. He is very excited about this songwriting camp and no wonder, sounds inspiring.

I'm not so sure that he loves castles. He said that Slane Castle was too old and he didn't care to stay there, even though it's very beautiful. :wink2:

Sure he can. He obviously has the physical ability to write. I think he just means he can't write something of any length by hand very well -- he said he does better on computer.

As usual, the behind the scenes bits are priceless, Mari. Thanks so much. :flowers2:

I did see that, and mentioned Miles Copeland in my last post :thumb_yello:

I liked the getting woken up by Miles story :naughty:

Oh, yes :wub2: I tried not to pay too much attention how he looks, lol. He looks incredibly good, doesn't he? Maybe it was the castle thing. Or maybe it's Italy.

I tried too,but I failed :rolls_eyes: .It's Italy for sure,he looked great at XF,and at the press conference in Milan,and all the time when he's there :wub2:

FIRST OFF-AIR PART of the DailyMotion video (summary)

Note: of this first part I haven't made a literal translation because I haven't understood everything because the music was very loud, but I wrote more or less everything they said, I hope that's ok.

Linus (the interviewer) greets Mika and says something about his hair and they laugh, then asks how things are going and Mika says good but he's tired, then Linus says he does look tired and he agrees smiling. Linus says that the difficult part of XF (the live shows) hasn't begun yet, then he greets someone (I think Giulio Mazzoleni but I'm not sure). Then their voices fade even more, Mika probably says something appreciative about the radio studio but I could hardly hear them. (Any help by Italian fans with better hearing skills will be appreciated!!). Then Mika, just to make things worse, turns away from the camera, then he says he has not spoken Italian for two weeks; Linus reassures him, but says he is afraid of the live show.

Then he greets the other interviewer Nicola (who had interviewed him in 2009), and Nicola tells him that he didn't remember he was that tall, he just remembered he (Nicola) was short! Then Mika tells him he's very well tanned, without dark circles under his eyes. Then he says he (Mika) is pale, with dark circles (occhiaie in Italian). Linus says that when he speaks Italian perfectly he will say “emaciato” (emaciated), and suggests him to say the word when he wants to impresse people!

Then Nicola appreciates his shoes and says he's always very well-dressed, and that he likes the XF styling, and Mika says that this year it has changed, and Nicola says it's really cool.

Then Linus sarcastically asks if there is someone who dresses Elio, Mika says he's very "sartorial". Linus then remembers that last year for the final he wore just a plain t-shirt he had seen him with a hundred times, and Nicola explains that he had put costumes for all the last season and on the last show he was dressed just like he dresses at home. “Travestito” says Mika, Nicola says “travestito da se stesso=disguised as himself”, but Mika laughs because “Elio travestito” sounds like he was a transvestite, and then he asks if that makes sense. Then the inteview begins.

I am now translating the following part :)

I tried too,but I failed :rolls_eyes: .It's Italy for sure,he looked great at XF,and at the press conference in Milan,and all the time when he's there :wub2:

Already told you on twitter...it's in the Italian water...yup...that must be it...:mf_rosetinted: