Audio + video interview @ Italian Radio RDS Nov. 7 2013

mari62

Thanks for the translation, Teresa -- I understood Mika fairly well, though I'm surprised at how quickly he speaks now! Anyway, it's nice to have confirmation from you about what I thought I understood. :thumb_yello:

One thing -- I think he might have meant the "caricature" of Simona, as she is somewhat of a caricature of herself, from what I've seen... as is Morgan, as is Elio. :dunno:

It was very good news about him deciding to work on the album, I must say. I watched that bit of the interview three times, just to make sure I was hearing correctly! :wub2:

He seems very determined and focused these days:wub2:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also says he has to go to LA in January to finish the new record, and that he had the choice to tour Italy in January or make the new album and he decided for the latter, because he has to do his main job, writing songs.

Sorry for the very quick translation, but I hope it helps! :)

Thanks for translating, it definitely helped!

Finishing the album in January? Wow things are moving along much faster this album :whew:

Small report :) DeReMi and me arrived at the place by 2pm. It was a bit early and we decided to have a lunch. We came back about 3pm. Mika was inside already, Italian fans were outside and a big van with a driver was there too waiting for Mika. I had Vanity Fair magazine with me for autograph :) We've waited for half an hour or so. Mika came out of the building. He said he's late for rehearsal and didn't have time for us. But in the end he signed for everybody very quickly and then left. I saw Italian girls managed to give him some presents :) I was in a kind of shock and when Mika said to me "Hi, nice to meet you" I only smiled at him and couldn't say a word and didn't understand first that he recognised me :) That's all.

We didn't get to XF but we didn't make many efforts for it. We was at the place but didn't get tickets. But I know some Italian fans managed to go inside!

Oh, I made one photo, I'll post it as soon as I'll be at home :)

Glad you got to meet him again! I love how he says he didnt have time & then stays and signs things anyway

awwwww :mikalove:

Thank you Marina for the news!! :huglove:

And thank you Deb for the vids! :flowers2: This interview was recorded last year when he made the gig in Rome (10th Nov 2012). At least, they've posted it!! :naughty:

:blush-anim-cl: Imo, it's thanks to MIKAs role in X-Factor we now got this wink2:

Love,love

me

Small report :) DeReMi and me arrived at the place by 2pm. It was a bit early and we decided to have a lunch. We came back about 3pm. Mika was inside already, Italian fans were outside and a big van with a driver was there too waiting for Mika. I had Vanity Fair magazine with me for autograph :) We've waited for half an hour or so. Mika came out of the building. He said he's late for rehearsal and didn't have time for us. But in the end he signed for everybody very quickly and then left. I saw Italian girls managed to give him some presents :) I was in a kind of shock and when Mika said to me "Hi, nice to meet you" I only smiled at him and couldn't say a word and didn't understand first that he recognised me :) That's all.

We didn't get to XF but we didn't make many efforts for it. We was at the place but didn't get tickets. But I know some Italian fans managed to go inside!

:thumb_yello: A nice little meeting, even it was too short - MIKA surely did his best - so happy for both you and DoReMi ...:huglove:

Love,love

me

Funny: she start the interview talking slowly, but speaks faster and faster later on! :naughty:

:naughty: Yes, really - but she understands how comfortable he is with her language, and gets an higher speed:aah: And MIKA answers with his mouth, his whole face - and hands - must be a dream to have him in the radio studio, I wouldn't mind it at all, haha :wub2: Thanks Mariana - for giving us this ...:huglove:

Love,love

me

thanks for your report, I'm happy you and DoReMi could meet him even if briefly! :wub2:

Sorry you didn't manage to get in, you should have tried harder :huglove:

Here's the audio interview from yesterday, different from the video.

He was on air in the afternoon and in the evening, here are the 2 parts in one file

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/51ez35w1t641h1v/Mika+%40+RDS+7.11.2013.mp3

WOW- he really speaks fast himself, sounds like a native, in my ears :aah:

MIKA: "I love this radiost." - Reporter: "And I love you MIKA"!! :wub2: Well, who doesn't ?!:naughty: Lucky Italiens ...:wink2: Thanks Mariana :huglove:

Love,love

me

Thanks for the translation, Teresa -- I understood Mika fairly well, though I'm surprised at how quickly he speaks now! Anyway, it's nice to have confirmation from you about what I thought I understood. :thumb_yello:

He is amazing, nice Italian!

Hello! I am in a hurry so I don't have time to do a full translation, but I wanted to translate a few bits that I found more interesting, I'll just summarize the other parts!

At the beginning he talks about him learning Italian, the interviewer says he has been very professional, and he said that back then everyone, his management included, laughed at him and was against it and thought it was impossible to do, but he wanted to do it because it was a strange, different thing, so he learned Italian in about two months, on tour, with his Sicilian teacher.

He also said that it would have been much more difficult if he hadn't known French, and if he hadn't studied at school some Latin; he says that back then he thought it was useless but now he is realizing that it has helped him a lot. (Lol, as a student of classical humanities myself, I would have never thought I would hear a popstar praising Latin, thank you Mika!!). Then he says he has forgotten his Spanish, and about the confusion with languages.

Then the interviewer says that XF, and also the fact that he speaks Italian, has led a lot of more people to get to know his music; so he talks about television, and how making popular television, in every country, allows him to make all the albums he wants with a complete freedom, and he defines his music as alternative pop, a strange combination.

Then the interviewer said that before knowing him also as a person on XF she thought he was a little bit posh, and I found his answer interesting, so I'll translate it!

M: I like absurdity, my music can only come from a happiness that comes from an absurdity. In life, I like all the absurd things, for me this is the most important thing, to have a bit of absurdity in normal life. That's why I like Morgan, I like the caricature of Simona (I think he wants to say character, but I'm not sure), I like the ironical side of Elio for example, all of this is absurd, but at the same time it is sincere, and this is the thing I like the most, because from absurdity comes tolerance, and from tolerance comes happiness.

Then the interviewer says it is a speech that reveals his openmindness and they talk about his early life, and the many slammed doors he has received in the music industry, that's why, the interviewer says, he is always so sympathetic to the rejected contestants; he also says that he wanted to make music in his own style and that it wasn't easy back then and that even nowadays it's not easy for him to do the things he likes doing.

Then they talk about his beginning on MySpace and internet, that he finds essential to music and that is changing the music industry; it has brought some problems but also has offered much more freedom.

Then they talk about the new version of Sturdust with Chiara, that he really likes because it is different and she asks if he has abandoned the electronic scene, so he talks a bit about his next album, I'll translate this:

M: Yes for my new album I'm doing I have abandoned electronic music, completely. I don't want to do electronic music on this new album. But at the same time I've written to Alessandro Benassi asking him if he had a musical base I could use to inspire myself to write a song, just like I did with Stardust. So he gave me a demo and I wrote a song on that demo. I want to write in all the ways I can, but then, for the production, I don't want to do EDM. But that doesn't mean I can't work with Benny Benassi, but with the production it is a different thing. But tonight I'm doing with Chiara a version that I like a lot (he will sing it live tonight on XF, it is already on top of the Italian charts), and I'm very happy because this shows that songs are songs: I can completely change the production and the song survives.

Then he says he doesn't like to call his SongBook a “best of”, because that'd imply it is a final period, while it is a pause before the fourth album that he is doing now for next year. Then he reads Chiara's tweets live.

Then he talks about Italy in answer to a question asking him what he will keep the most of Italy when he goes away, and he says he doesn't like saying “going away”, and he says he'll come back. He talks about his apartment in Milan where he is living(I too understood it is not his). He also says he has to go to LA in January to finish the new record, and that he had the choice to tour Italy in January or make the new album and he decided for the latter, because he has to do his main job, writing songs.

Then they talk about his interest in writing, that happened accidentally; and then there is Myriam's question, already translated, and the funny bit about having 4 or 5 kids.

Sorry for the very quick translation, but I hope it helps! :)

- He finally abandoned doing electronic music!

- He's going to go LA to FINISH his 4th album. Finish!! Finishhhhh!!!

- He's gonna focus on his Main job, Main JOB!!!!!

:pbjt:

Hi Zhenya ! :bye:

I'm happy to hear that you and Doremi met Mika at there !!! :huglove:

can't wait for your photo !!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I found some photos from M&G on Tumblr! Italian fans made many pictures, but I found only this :) Perhaps Italian MFCers may connect with these girls and ask them to share their photos :blush-anim-cl:

tumblr_mw0q17u0j91sex8heo1_1280.jpg

(You can see a part of my face from the right :blush-anim-cl:)

tumblr_mw0q17u0j91sex8heo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw0q17u0j91sex8heo3_1280.jpg