MIKA to be on ''Cadences Obstinées'' film (2014)

BiaIchihara

I think we can explain Mika's presence in this film very easily: he did it to return the favor to Fanny Arden because she appeared in the Elle me dit video:thumb_yello:

Exactly. There was an hour long interview of Fanny Ardant last Sunday on French TV and the journalist asked her about Mika's presence in the movie. She said it's because she acted in the EMD vid and she likes him, his humour.

• Like 1

I think we can explain Mika's presence in this film very easily: he did it to return the favor to Fanny Arden because she appeared in the Elle me dit video:thumb_yello:

Yes, it makes totally sense :thumb_yello: And doing a little cameo appearance in her film sounds a cool idea as an experience! I'm not so sure if I will like the film though, after reading reviews. I can remember several not so successful examples of famous actresses directing :aah:

I know about the "deal" with her, but I don't get what good she can have from his cameo... Does his presence rise somehow the value of the movie? Artistic value, ticket sellings, or what so ever?

Yes that would be my question. If she needed him to play a part then it would be a favour returned but what is the point of just having this sort of non sequitur cameo that doesn't serve any artistic purpose? I think a cameo is only going to help sell a movie if it's a powerhouse actor. There are very few people who are going to buy tickets to a movie just to see anyone speak one line but if it it's a great actor their presence lends the movie some credibility. Like if Al Pacino is in it people might think it's the kind of project that he would support so perhaps it's as good as one of his movies even if he's not really in it. Or someone like Robert Altman has 20 big names in one movie to get people's attebtion.

I don't really understand all this talk about Mika being a movie actor. As far as I know he is not trained or experienced to do this. Brad Pitt is not going to pick up a microphone tomorrow and sing like Mika so why is there an expectation that Mika is anywhere near capable of being a film actor at the moment?

Exactly my thoughts. I see this cameo just a favor to Fanny, so I don't see him as an actor appearing for long time in a movie :wink2:

Exactly. There was an hour long interview of Fanny Ardant last Sunday on French TV and the journalist asked her about Mika's presence in the movie. She said it's because she acted in the EMD vid and she likes him, his humour.

Agree.

I think she made that just for fun.

And Mika not being an actor is ok for me :wink2:

Yes that would be my question. If she needed him to play a part then it would be a favour returned but what is the point of just having this sort of non sequitur cameo that doesn't serve any artistic purpose? I think a cameo is only going to help sell a movie if it's a powerhouse actor. There are very few people who are going to buy tickets to a movie just to see anyone speak one line but if it it's a great actor their presence lends the movie some credibility. Like if Al Pacino is in it people might think it's the kind of project that he would support so perhaps it's as good as one of his movies even if he's not really in it. Or someone like Robert Altman has 20 big names in one movie to get people's attebtion.

I don't really understand all this talk about Mika being a movie actor. As far as I know he is not trained or experienced to do this. Brad Pitt is not going to pick up a microphone tomorrow and sing like Mika so why is there an expectation that Mika is anywhere near capable of being a film actor at the moment?

Maybe she simply asked him because she was on the EMD vid and because she likes him. Sometimes things just happen.

I haven't heard/read that he has further plans for film acting. I thought he has always said it's not his thing. But if he does film related projects in the future it doesn't mean he wants to be or tries to be like Brad Pitt. It could be singing or doing small appearances. Many actors do music related projects too.

Yes that would be my question. If she needed him to play a part then it would be a favour returned but what is the point of just having this sort of non sequitur cameo that doesn't serve any artistic purpose?

I think that's the one thing that makes sense. It's just a little joke in the movie, only there to see for a few people, but still, some people will notice it's Mika playing the piano and smile. And getting someone you like and who you think is funny on set never hurts, because people not paying specific attention to Mika and not recognising him will hardly notice him anyway. It sounds like a 'hey, I'm making a movie, wanna join?' kind of thing to me :dunno:

Thanks for you report, Melanie :thumb_yello: Looks like a film for Arte, so even a chance so see it in original language in German TV one day :naughty:

I wouldn't interpret to much in the whole thing. Seems like Fanny just asked him because she happened to know him instead of choosing a random actor for playing the pianist. And he said "yes, why not" for doing her a favor and because they are friends / getting along well. Nothing more, nothing less :dunno:

ardant461240169_0.jpg

It looks like this lists where the film can initially be seen :

http://www.premiere.fr/horaire/film?film_id=482917&search=

11 JANVIER 2014

Interview de Fanny Ardant pour «Cadences obstinées»

http://www.rfi.fr/emission/20140111-2-interview-fanny-ardant-cadences-obstinees

Edited by A. Clay

I couldn't find that one. I did look. But the other comment has 42 thumbs-up now.

Open '2 réponses' under the 1ST comment :

'Le chanteur MIKA apparaîtra dans le film,

son premier rôle au cinéma' :)

AT:

http://www.premiere.fr/film/Cadences-Obstinees-3628374/(affichage)/public

Edited by A. Clay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know about the "deal" with her, but I don't get what good she can have from his cameo... Does his presence rise somehow the value of the movie? Artistic value, ticket sellings, or what so ever?

I didn't know anything about this movie, but, after reading the reviews (in and outside this thread) I seriously think this movie, along with its director... seems just so... pretentious (at least in its promotion)....

A cameo could be done in a movie for a lot of reasons, but it is normally, a surprise, a nice thing for the audience to discover when you watch the film. The fact that Mika's name is written in the main poster... it seems so wrong to me, personally, I think it is a really graceless attempt of selling tickets!

And I don't blame Mika at all, since he did it just as a favor to Fanny Ardant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...